[2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Locked
mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

[2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by mrdent12 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:18 am

It has been two days since all but five of the prisoners had been dropped off at their respective locations for whatever unfortunate fate awaited them. In the remaining plain cells and trapped by control collars, all those who were left could do is watch as the rest were dragged away by the drones. On the last stop, four new passengers arrived. For those familiar with the Terminus, they were nightmare nurses of Physician Friendly. Their appearance did justice to their name. Tall, metallic, needles for hands, and moving on a single large wheel robots where the mere sound of them moving would make the bravest mans skin want to sprint away. Of course, being stuck in a cell without equipment and having a control collar made the running away difficult.

For two “nights”, they stood by the row of cells containing the five remaining passengers of the Leviathan prison ship. The whole time, they gave off a low hum. For anyone from earth, they would recognize it as “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” played by a new piano student lacking any skill at the piano. On top of that, low groans echoed through the ship. The DRD’s, tiny robots that served as the ships eyes and did repairs, raced around the ship like little children who just saw a horror movie. Everything else on the ship was deathly quiet. Even the drones bringing the meals were uncommonly silent.

On the third “morning”, the ship started shaking violently. Through the corridor are sounds of weapon fire, creatures screaming like nails on a chalkboard, and DRD’s scampering for a place to hide. All of the nightmare nurses near the cells quickly squeal in the direction of the weapon fire. One brave DRD moves near the cells and projects a message from the pilot. “Your equipment is in the cargo hold. We are being attacked by Tarvon after flying too close to his world. Ayom has loosened her control collar enough to give me control of the cell doors and your control collars. I can let you out and Ayom will take you to safety if you promise to free us of this control collar. The DRD will guide you to the cargo hold on the safest path we can find. Time is short. Omegas second in command is fast approaching.” On those final words, the image disappears and the DRD starts moving in the direction of the least amount of weapon fire.
Once you agree to help, your control collars come off, have access to your powers again, and the cell door opens. Until you get to the cargo hold, which will be very soon, you don't have any of your devices or equipment. Once everyone posts, in game terms agrees, the DRD will lead the way.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by kenseido » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 am

Andrel

Andrel has been in a foul mood the whole time. Having truly lost everything, even he wasn't sure how long he could hold out against the various torture methods Omega's forces would employ against him. Every person he called friend was dead and the place he called home was destroyed. Even the world he saved at the cost of his freedom was now dead, due to Omega.

And without a TARDIS, even the absurd thought of trying to return to Gallifrey was out of the question. Not that they would take him if he did.

So as the trip progressed, he debated with himself whether it was even worth resisting or not. In the end, it always came out the same.

No one was going to control him.

The Nightmare Nurses ranked up there with Cybermen and Daleks in scary - or at least the images he saw of them. Few Time Lords had actual encounters with these foes, and Andrel wasn't one of them. When the ship started rocking and the Nurses left, his mind started to see hope for the first time.
mrdent12 wrote:“Your equipment is in the cargo hold. We are being attacked by Tarvon after flying too close to his world. Ayom has loosened her control collar enough to give me control of the cell doors and your control collars. I can let you out and Ayom will take you to safety if you promise to free us of this control collar. The DRD will guide you to the cargo hold on the safest path we can find. Time is short. Omegas second in command is fast approaching.”
"Get me to my equipment, and I will get the ship free of its control collar."

He wasn't familiar with leviathans or the control collars uses to fly them, but one thing Andrel was good as was breaking things.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:06 am

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by Sriseru » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Shadowblade
HP: 2 - Condition: Normal

When Shadowblade first regained consciousness in the Terminus, she initially believed that she had been captured by a rival clan. But as the days passed, she had managed to pick up that the creatures of this place were in fact not Yautja, but merely appeared as such.
Not only that, but Shadowblade had also learned that her world, her dimension, along with her clan, had been destroyed. It devastated her.

However, she came to realize that if she was the last of her kind, then her people lived on through the traditions that had been instilled in her, and to honor their memory Shadowblade would have to honor the code.

The Nightmare Nurses had disturbed Shadowblade a bit; pain is an important part of healing to toughen the mind, but these robotic Nurses just seemed to take things a bit too far and were likely insane.

One morning, the ship starts shaking violently, and when Shadowblade hears weapon fire, she becomes hopeful that she might be able to regain her honor.
Pilot wrote:“Your equipment is in the cargo hold. We are being attacked by Tarvon after flying too close to his world. Ayom has loosened her control collar enough to give me control of the cell doors and your control collars. I can let you out and Ayom will take you to safety if you promise to free us of this control collar. The DRD will guide you to the cargo hold on the safest path we can find. Time is short. Omegas second in command is fast approaching.”
"I promise." Shadowblade replies gruffly.

Once her collar come off and the door to her cell opens, Shadowblade walks out.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by Sakuro » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Faethor
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Cell


Searing hate. Numbing sorrow. Fear like spears of ice in his nerves. Faethor was a maelstrom of emotion since his awakening, but these were the strongest. Yet he didn't rage. He recalled the Sith code, Through passion, I gain strength., and cultivated his hate, indulged in his fear, and he quietly mourned the lose of his world. His people. Faethor succumbed to none of them, but he would cultivate them all, keep them at their peak, and use them to free himself. The Sith warrior patiently waited. He studied everything he could from his cell, and yes, he worked out to keep his body fit and strong enough to channel the force of his emotions when the time came.

If his fear had begun to wane, the arrival of the nurses saw it reinforced. But fear didn't control Faethor. He observed the nursed, straight backed and tall. The fear was fuel. While others grew weak in the face of it Faethor invited it in. It made him stronger. He took this as a sign and began mentally preparing himself. For the majority of the following two days he kneeled in meditation. There was no air of peace or serenity from the act. Instead a near palatable aura of darkness and dark emotion radiated from the man. He always seemed poised, ready for something. Certain, even if he didn't know what it was just yet.

On the third morning Faethor stirred from his meditation when the ship shook. Rising from his kneeled posture he looked outside the cell expectantly. Orange eyes, corrupted by the dark forces he wielded, searched the area. His nerves were abuzz. While he was busy looking for an advantage to seize one of the mechanical scooting bugs rolled up to his cell. He gave the DRD a questioning look, then the pilot's image, along it it's voice, came from tiny thing.
Pilot wrote: “Your equipment is in the cargo hold. We are being attacked by Tarvon after flying too close to his world. Ayom has loosened her control collar enough to give me control of the cell doors and your control collars. I can let you out and Ayom will take you to safety if you promise to free us of this control collar. The DRD will guide you to the cargo hold on the safest path we can find. Time is short. Omegas second in command is fast approaching.”
Faethor's eyes rose the image of the pilot and looked off in the direction of the other cells where he heard two voices chime in. Good. He wouldn't be alone in this. After a brief pause, Faethor did not want to appear too eager, he nodded.

"Very well. We have an agreement."

When the control collar around his neck loosened Faethor grasped hold of it and hooked it around his belt. Such a device man prove useful should they encounter a powerful foe. The door opened next and the Sith strode out of his cell. On guard he looked to, the woman already out in the corridor. After taking a second to regard her he nodded at her in acknowledgement. The Faethor proceeded to look down the hallway, first one direction, then the other. A hand raised and he beckon the others to join them. However many were left.

"Come. Omega's lackeys will not be distracted forever."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by Gilliam » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:49 am

Silver Hawke
HP: 2
Condition: Normal


Looking at her blurry reflection in the side of her cell once again, Mary raised her hand to touch the bruises on her face. They were no longer painful to touch and finally starting to fade. With a sigh, Mary lowered her hand avoiding touching the collar circling her neck that had turned her into a prisoner.

She still remembered when she had first awoken after the battle on the cold metal floor of this very cell, she had been so confident in her strength and in her powers that after a couple of stretches she had walked casually over to the side of the cell. Punching the wall with her fist Mary expected to tear it apart like a hot knife through butter and the stunned look on her face when her hand bounced off the wall was quickly replaced with pain. Throwing herself at the wall she had hammered away ineffectually until collapsing on the ground tears running down her face. Later Mary noticed the collar round her neck and made the connection that it had somehow left her with the strength of a young petite woman.

Over the next day or so, Mary wondered about the battle, did they win or more likely lose. Were the other heroes and even villains that she had seen fall captured like herself or worse and what had happen to her friends, Tyron the musical prodigy whose long fingers could not only make a piano sing but also, or Tina her best friend from high school and especially her parents. .

Lost in her worries and sense of guilt that maybe if she had investigated the strange reports of aliens and lights that the invasion could have been prevented, Mary didn’t take much notice of the ship shaking until the small robot stopped outside her cell.
“Your equipment is in the cargo hold. We are being attacked by Tarvon after flying too close to his world. Ayom has loosened her control collar enough to give me control of the cell doors and your control collars. I can let you out and Ayom will take you to safety if you promise to free us of this control collar. The DRD will guide you to the cargo hold on the safest path we can find. Time is short. Omegas second in command is fast approaching.”
Her first reaction was to dismiss the request but then she remembered the old saying “the enemy of my enemy ..” and there was also the promise of the collar being removed.

”Of course I will help you.” Mary said to the DRD and she knew deep down that once the collar was removed she would rather die than allow herself to be collared again.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by Ysariel » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 am

Shirin
Condition: Normal / HP: 1 / Luck: 1

"At last!" thunders a voice. "I, Shirin the magnificent, am free again!"

She rises to her feet in a hurricane of fire and desert wind, gold glittering from bangles and anklets, at the tiara on her brow, in the sequins of her revealing attire. Gauzy red fabric swirls about her as she executes a flawless pirouette, savoring her newfound liberty.

Once, so long ago it might have been a dream, she would have scoffed at the notion that SHE needed anyone to bring her to safety. Ten thousand years in a lamp and having her rear handed to her painfully had taught her a little sense. She walks out into the passage, barefoot, following the little machine and ever wary for enemies.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by mrdent12 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:34 am

Before the DRD can lead the group around the corner it starts beeping at a feverish pace and stops moving. A volley of laser blasts fly through the air and are followed by a shrill screech in the direction the blasts were headed. Anyone who pokes their head around the corner sees five Omega Drones getting up from a firing position and heading in the direction of the hallway of the prisoners. Behind them a little ways down the hallway is the cargo hold with all the equipment tossed in a pile along with other cargo boxes thrown about everywhere.
They are minion Omega drones from the Freedom City book. I don't have it handy unfortunately or I would post their defenses. The PC's all go then the drones, if any are left. I am not going to bother with initiative because I can't imagine any drone left to do anything. Also, you can roll their saves, once I post their defenses, to not stall the game with almost certain destruction of the Omega Drones.

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by kenseido » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 am

Andrel

Andrel grimaces a bit as he ducks for cover and spots the approaching Omega Drones.

"Hi, I'm Andrel," he says to the other prisoners.

"Now might be an appropriate time to mention I'm useless in a fight without my gear."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by kenseido » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:52 am

OmegaDrone Defenses: Defense +4, Toughness +8 (Impervious 3), Fortitude +5, Reflex +1, Will +0
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by mrdent12 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 am

Thanks for posting the defenses.

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:06 am

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by Sriseru » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:13 am

Shadowblade
HP: 2 - Condition: Fine

Shadowblade looks around the corner and then back at Andel.

"Let a woman handle it." She growls at the time lord before running up to a Omega Drone and punching it to death. She then turns to the Drone that stood beside the first and wails on its face until it no longer moves.
OOC wrote:Attack Roll (1d20+10=20) against Omega Drone A, it hits.
Toughness Save (1d20+8=22), it fails and Omega Drone A is killed.
Takedown Attack allows another attack.
Take 10 on Attack Roll against Omega Drone B, it hits.
Toughness Save (1d20+8=9), it fails and Omega Drone B is killed.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by Sakuro » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Faethor
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Cell


The Sith seethed, following after the DRD. His body primed for action. When one of the others offered their name he responded mildly.

"I am Faethor."

With the DRD's warning Faethor moved up against the wall, just as a volley of lasers blasted by from around the corner. The air grew heavy with malice. It was hard not to feel radiating from the man like a dark aura. Andrel's comment about being useless earned him an encouraging look from Faethor, a powerful hand clapping him on the shoulder, urging him to be bold.

"You do not get the luxury of being useless. Grab one of their weapons and fight, Andrel, or run for your gear while we distract them.."

A moment later he was following the warrior woman into action. Charging into the fray he lunged at one Omega drone. Channeling his hate, it flowed out of him as he delivered a resounding blow to his victim's head. It's skull caved in. Before it could fall Faethor was spinning with the momentum of his punch. His leg whipped around and crashed into a second drone, sending it sprawling.
OOC wrote:Using Power Attack -/+5 and taking 10 for a 15 attack

DC 25 Tough: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21 Down. Takedown 1 comes into effect. Using Power Attack -/+5 and taking 10 for a 15 attack again.

_: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24 Down.
Last edited by Sakuro on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by kenseido » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Andrel

The weird guy was right. No sitting around letting others do the job. Andrel rushes down and grabs a power pike from one of the downed Omegadrones.
If it is a Free action to pick up a Drone's pike, then he will shoot the last one with it.
Take 10 for a 16, Toughness: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
Which of course he passes. Yep. Dice rollers HATE MY GUTS!

The feeling is mutual.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by mrdent12 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:14 pm

60 feet ahead in the cargo bay, three more drones peak their head around the corner with lances primed to fire.
Can't let the genie and superwoman miss out on drone smashing.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Bad Day in Shadow Space [IC]

Post by Ysariel » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:42 am

Shirin
Condition: Normal / HP: 1 / Luck: 1

Following behind the other freed prisoners, Shirin pauses when the DRD halts and starts beeping feverishly. She peeks around the corner and spies, ahead, three people already beating on Omega Drones: a handsome young man in a trenchcoat, some sort of warrior woman with a metal bikini and a dark, hooded figure -- and what's up with all the masks, anyway?

She's not about to be left out of the action. "Fear the power of the smokeless flame, servants of Omega!" Shirin closes her eyes and an unseen wind rises about the Djinni, ruffling her hair and costume, then swirls towards a point at the tip of her finger where a massive fireball forms, bright and searing hot like a newborn star. With a flourish she points at the furthest Omega Drone and the fireball, now a comet of flame the size of a small car, roars down the passageway towards Andrel.

"No no no, wait! Not there! Over there!" she frantically waves her arms in its wake, and the comet corrects its aim with a sheepish mid-air wobble, roaring over the heads of the three heroes. It blasts through the Omega Drone's torso and vaporizes it, leaving a head and four detached limbs that clatter to the ground, before dissipating.

Shirin smugly blows away a trail of smoke from the tip of her painted fingernail. Score one for the Queen of the Marid!
Standard action: Use Fantastical Destruction! on Omega Drone
Attack roll vs Omega Drone: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
It can't pass a DC 30 Toughness check with +8 Toughness, so it's dead. An auspicious start! :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Locked