[2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Locked
User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by Gilliam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:16 am

Silver Hawke


"So it's some sort of happy drug then? All the more reason not to try it."

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Mirror Mirror [IC]

Post by Ysariel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:23 pm

Shirin
Condition: Normal / HP: 1 / Luck: 1

Shirin graciously extends a hand at Faethor's offer. "Thank you," she says. "I keep forgetting about this newfangled modern sorcery, although it's really quite useful."

If Faethor gives her the comm, she makes herself a golden chain for it and wears it about her throat like a pendant.

She looks at Woozel, unfazed by the look he's giving her. "He's still going to try and make a meal of us. Isn't he?"
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by Sakuro » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Faethor
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Shuttle


The commlink passes from Faethor's gauntlet clad hand to Shirin's when she acknowledges that she'd be needing one as well. Afterwards he panned his eyes over the fields, inspecting the fields and the distant dot of people working them. At the genie's query he looked to Woozel, then the woman herself.

"From what I understand, he was on that station in the Warpworld for a long time. Even if his mind heals, he has developed habits that may be difficult for him to let go of. It may even be considered an addiction."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by kenseido » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Jet

Tyler finds himself staring just a little to long at Mary. Even in rags...

"I have to admit, I am kind of at a loss for what to do now," Tyler whispers to Silver Hawke.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by Gilliam » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:57 am

Silver Hawke
HP: 1
Condition: Normal


Noticing Jet's look Mary wondered if she had rubbed a bit too much dirt on her face, "Lets go in separately, listen for a little while then I will cause a distraction and you can try to sneak into the back room?"

Feeling a little self conscious Mary licked her fingers to rub some of the dirt off her face but only made it worst.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by mrdent12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Cantina

When Silver Hawke and Jet enter, the bar is about a quarter full with 60 or so creatures. All of the patrons, especially the mercenary looking ones, are having a great time chomping on the orange cubes and drinking the brown liquid. The only one not having a gay time is the woman serving everyone because she seems to be trying to keep an eye on everyone. When someone is running low on the drink or cubes, she is right there to bring more.

Shuttle

Woozel is wandering around and is too far to hear the conversation concerning him taking place. Sniffing around like a truffle hunting pig, he picks up various soil samples and roots in various stages of growth. After collecting enough, he pulls a powder out of his pocket and mixes it all together in his hands. He forms a little bowl with his hands and blows on the powder. A cloud of orange dust rises that engulfs the shuttle and the two crew members waiting at it. It takes 30 seconds to clear and by the time it does Woozel is a speck in the distance heading towards the workers in the distance. The dust also has a nasty side effect in that it makes those who were in it feel sluggish.
Visual obscure effect followed by a paralyzed 10 cloud area. If Faethor makes the danger sense check, he automatically has evasion 2 for the paralyze save. Woozel is moving at 1000 feet per round.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by Sakuro » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:59 pm

Faethor
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Shuttle

OOC wrote:I take it the DC is the normal 15. With his +16 Notice using Force related senses Faethor can't fail. I made a roll in case the DC was modified:

Danger Sense: 1D20+16 = [10]+16 = 26

Reflex DC 20: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23 With Evasion 2, that's no effect.
Faethor looked o suspiciously at the alchemist as he snuffled about the area gathering and then mixing items together. From his mask the Sith's voice came, sounding distorted and mechanical.

"I do not ..."

Before he could finish is statement Woozel was blowing a noxious cloud at them. Rather than speak on Faethor thrust an open palmed hand forwards. Air surges forcing the could to part around the warrior mystical. Before the corridor of safe air could close Faethor dashed through it and clear of the cloud. Glaring into the distance he saw Woozel dash off after his attack. It was a bad idea to let him each the local. Either he'd do them harm, or inform on the landing party. Faethor would never be able to catch the madman on his own though.

The thoughts flashed through his mind in less than a couple seconds. His head turned, looking over his shoulder to where Shirin had been. If she hadn't made it clear of the cloud under her own power The Sith would reach a hand in her general direction. Pushing out with the Force he would gently guide her clear of the cloud.

"Do you think you can kill him before he reaches those people? Without drawing too much attention that is."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by Gilliam » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:42 am

Silver Hawke
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Maintaining a wide smile on her face Mary entered the cantina grabbing a bowl of orange cubes from the serving woman before slowly moving her way round the room nodding and smiling to everyone and to no one in particular. After her experiences on their last stop Mary just moved the cubes round in her bowl with the odd one or two accidentally falling out of the bowl, she just couldn't bring herself to eat any of them.
Mary will try to hear or see anything that is unusual in the room.

Silverhawke Notice (1d20+12=19)

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by kenseido » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 am

Jet

Tyler looks around and watches Silver Hawke for a moment. He then grabs his own bowl and cup and heads over to a space where he can get a clear line on the door to the back so he can act as soon as Mary makes her move.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Mirror Mirror [IC]

Post by Ysariel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:18 am

Shirin
Condition: Normal / HP: 1 / Luck: 1

Shirin is unsympathetic. "He had better get rid of them, then, if he wants to stay on the ship," she answers Faethor. "I don't fancy being seen as dinner for --"

Without warning the wave of paralyzing dust washes over her and Faethor both, fluttering her loincloth and filling her lungs. But Djinn are immune to all poisons and drugs, as the Hassasshim who tried to kill her learned to their dismay, and she quickly recovers. She feels an invisible force pushing her, and moves along with it, bursting from the smoke cloud out into the open. "Wretched snake," she hisses at Woozel's fleeing back, then turns to Faethor and nods. "I can try."

Shirin raises an arm in an elegant, sinuous gesture, arching her back and raising one leg as she does, like a snake rising to strike... and as Woozel races across the ground, a rope pops up out of nowhere, comes to life and proceeds to tie him up on its own. It is harder than steel and there seems to be no end to the plethora of knots and tangles that it binds him with, until he is practically a ball of twine on the ground.
Reflex DC 20, Fort DC 20 (1d20+10=16, 1d20+7=27) Passed the fort save

Extra Effort and stunt "Rope Tomb" Snare 15 (Obscures Visual) 31pp off my magic array
The descriptor is creating a rope that comes to life and ties itself about Woozel.
Attack roll vs Woozel (1d20+5=25) critical, DC 30 Reflex save vs Snare (10 base + 15 power rank + 5 critical)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by mrdent12 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:16 am

Cantina

In the Cantina, nothing is out of place. Not that Silver Hawke would have much to compare it to given never having visited a planet where workers were pacified by a brown liquid and orange cubes. The constant droning of the surround sound saying, "Rest and revitalize. Tomorrow is a rest day.", is a little annoying, but the patrons don't seem to mind. A few of the workers in their stupor are humming terribly off key, the mercenaries are bragging about their battles with the Furions or other factions, and the bar keep is still keeping her constant vigilance. For the sort of place it is, somewhere to keep workers pacified, it seems just right. Her ultimate goal, the black curtain behind the bar, is a little out of reach given all the other noises.

More than once, the bar keep comes by Jet and Silver Hawke offering more orange cubes or brown liquid. She is pleasant and very courteous. Of all the creatures in the cantina, she is not in a state of bliss or jovial mood. It is clear to her it is all just a job she was assigned that gets her out of working the fields every day.

Runaway Woozel

Shirin fires off her magical rope, but it falls far short of reaching the fleeing Woozel. None of the specs in the distance seem to pay any heed to the display of magical prowess, but they are at least a mile or two away so it is hard to tell.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

Post by Sakuro » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:27 am

Faethor
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Shuttle


Faethor watched Shirin's display, his head turning to follow the path of her attack. Woozel was a long ways off, but he didn't know the limits of the genie's power, so he refrained from advising what seemed to be an obvious precursor to an assault. Now he was able to see her limitations as the ropes fell short. He stared into the distance for a second before returning his masked gaze to his comrade and, in an encouraging tone, offered the advice he had earlier withheld.

"A good effort. You'll do better once that flying carpet of your's has gotten you closer."
Last edited by Sakuro on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Mirror Mirror [IC]

Post by Ysariel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Shirin
Condition: Normal > Fatigued / HP: 1 / Luck: 1

Shirin, smiling faintly, raises an eyebrow at Faethor in a way that says "since when did you become the surpportive encouraging mentor?" The genie doesn't seem to mind it at all, though.

Without a word she twirls and unties her sash in one fluid movement, throwing it into the air. It falls back down as a richly embroidered Persian carpet in shades of red and orange and gold. Shirin hops on it, and is off like the desert wind.

Damn. Even the carpet seems to have suffered from her long sleep. She remembers being able to go from one kingdom to the other at the blink of an eye, and the time she plucked Sultan Jaffar's palace from his oasis kingdom and put it on the peak of the world's highest mountain for a prank after he offended her...

Crouched low on her ride, Shirin raises an arm out at Woozel and a mighty comet of flame launches itself from her fingertips towards his back. She wasn't going to bother with subtlety this time: just making sure he didn't get away was going to be enough.
I have Flight 3 (50mph)

2 Move actions: Accelerated movement (100mph)
Standard action: Use Fantastical Destruction! (Blast 15) on Woozel
Attack roll vs Woozel (1d20+5=23) DC 30 Toughness check
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Locked