Infinite New Vindicators [2e] (OOC-full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Infinite New Vindicators of the Americas [2e] (recruitin

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:27 pm

There's some precedence for double-dipping: a bunch of NS students were trained in magic one way or another-Prodigy, The Damned, Kitty, Rumble (though she's an Aesir), the Damned and more.

I think there was one mage who joined the American Academy without being an SPB, though-the Theurgist, I think?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Well, I'm not disallowing double dipping, though it may dilute the character somewhat. Personally, I can't see a reason why a strict mage would attend the Academy.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm

The Theurgist was ordered to in order to learn how to work within groups of different people. (and to learn to stop being a pompous a$$, IIRC).

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Flynn's right, but I think Solon joined on his own. He wants to be the Aurelius, but Dr. White turns him down. Solon realizes that some of the people Dr. White had asked (but turned him down) were graduates of the Academy, so he figures it would be a good idea to go there, having only ever been home shooled before.

The school accepts him-I dunno, cause they need a teleporter?

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:The school accepts him-I dunno, cause they need a teleporter?
Because with the typical casualty rate, they need all the warm bodies they can get?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Still, I think this is one line I'm going to hold.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Infinite New Vindicators [2e] (recruiting ends 3/22)

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Even though there are only 6 characters with sheets submitted at the moment, I think I'm going to end open recruiting on Saturday 3/22. That gives 4 days for people to get at least rough drafts of submissions posted.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:20 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Flynn's right, but I think Solon joined on his own. He wants to be the Aurelius, but Dr. White turns him down. Solon realizes that some of the people Dr. White had asked (but turned him down) were graduates of the Academy, so he figures it would be a good idea to go there, having only ever been home shooled before.
Exactly.
Arthur Eld wrote:The school accepts him-I dunno, cause they need a teleporter?
There's a reveal coming in Tabula Rasa where token teleporters are concerned...
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:32 am

Nareik123 wrote:However i have a question about Aesir and their tech. Did Aesir, living in a utopia, create combat equipment? How common are Aesir devices in the world? Is it more hyper advanced technology or is there more of an arcane component to their gear?
Very little of the stuff survived, and is, today, the stuff of our legends. Magical swords of legend like Excalibur or Kusanagi were the inventions of the ancient Aesir, smuggled out of the country, and thus survived the destruction. Almost anything with a legend is waived away as, "Oh, it exists, but it was built by the Aesir and is thought lost."

In the game world, the Thule Society was an organization devoted to recovering this stuff and studying it (to try and recreate it). A splinter group broke off and became the Illuminati, who are devoted to making sure these things aren't used by bad people. The Aurelius, meanwhile, collects these items purely to make sure no one uses them. Still, it's not farfetched for some sort of item to end up in the hands of someone not affiliated with any of these factions.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:46 am

Horsenhero wrote:Even though there are only 6 characters with sheets submitted at the moment, I think I'm going to end open recruiting on Saturday 3/22. That gives 4 days for people to get at least rough drafts of submissions posted.
I should have the full history writeup done by then. No promises on a full 120 point build.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Jason Anderson

Nationality: English
Height: 5ft 6 inches
Weight: 120lbs

Background

Jason Anderson, born in St. Andrews Hopsital, England, grew up in England under the care of two Neo-Sapiens, Keith and Margaret Anderson. The two parents wanted to found a crime fighting family and keep their area of England, Dorking, safe from crime, having done so for several years. Having deduced from each others life stories that stress is the key to unlocking a neo sapiens powers, and so Jason was subject to stressful situations repeatedly. His parents tested him, trained him and made him prepared to be their legacy, but this affected Jason if more ways than his parents could have possibly. He was consistently reminded that he was destined for great things, that he was above humanity's dregs. This made him reticent around others, quiet and reserved. Jason didn't enjoy physical combat, he found it too stressful and it benefits no one, and mentioning his parents opinions would likely end up with him being assaulted by the so called dregs of humanity.

Jason went through primary school as every other child his age, and despite his parents best intentions, Jason left with average grades, no super powers and a complete lack of social skills. Jason enjoyed solace and was quiet, only answering in formal tones. His powers finally manifested in an incident in a shopping mall. Jason was 14 at this time, when the elevator he was travelling in suddenly stopped, broken. After an hour, the people inside the broken elevator were beginning to panic, Jason included. He was in a corner, looking nervous. After two hours, the crowd were fretting, and Jason was trying desperately to get out. Then, his eyes glanced a panel in the corner and suddenly, his mind cleared and somehow, Jason understood everything. He quietly elbowed his way to the panel and using his sudden clarity managed to repair the elevator. Jason was hailed by the crowd as a hero, despite his best intentions to palm off the actions as luck.

What no one knew was Jason had activated his Neo Sapien powers, and Jason felt his mind soar wild. He felt brilliant, for about 10 minutes, until he got outside. Then Jason felt pain. Jason had suddenly developed a super brilliant and analytical mind, making him a technician, doctor, scientist and all around smart guy, However his mind was over developed, taking in too much information. Jason couldn't cope with the tidal wave of information his mind was giving him. He consulted his parents, who while rejoiced that their son was indeed a Neo Sapien, was concerned that his gift would ruin him. They turned to Next Gen Sciences, an organization of scientists who researched and developed new technology. The organization had proved valuable to David and Margaret, helping them develop suits for crime fighting and gadgets. When they were approached, the Chief Scientist, Doctor Phil Howard was happy to help.

Jason received prototype neural augmentation. This allowed him the ability to restrict his minds compulsion to gorge itself on information, giving Jason the ability to focus his mind on one task. Jason awoke to find that he was no longer in pain. He was informed of the surgery to his mind and what had happened to him. He was also informed that his Implants had been equipped with a new AI, A.K.A.S.I, to help assist Jason manage his neural lode. Jason prepared to leave, when the doors slammed open.

The chief financer of Next Gen Sciences stormed in with guards, geared in high tech body armour. He demanded that Phil surrendered Jason into his care, saying that the implants were not ready and that Jason was in danger from potential brain damage. This could have been persuasive, but Jason had already deduced from this mans tone and the bodyguards that he was lying. So had his parents. A fight happened, and Jason was bundled out of Next Gen by his mother, as Phil and Keith defended them. They took off to an airport, and Margaret explained quickly to Jason what was going on. England was no longer safe if Next Gen went head hunting, so Jason was going to be sent into America, to live with his Aunt and Step - Uncle. He was going to study in the Vindicator Academy, it had all been arranged the moment Jason had been confirmed a Neo Sapien. Then Jason was bundled onto a plane and left England.

What Jason doesn't know, he received far more than a few cranial Implants and A.K.A.S.I. Next Gen are the future of Humanity in their eyes, and their scientists are righteous and fanatic in creating world peace and creating a free world... under the rightful watch of Britain of course. Having recognized a potential candidate in Jason, Next Gen implanted Jason with a suite of Implants, capable of projecting his Mental prowess into Telekinesis. Jason is, unknown to anyone but the scientists, a partial living weapon. Partial, for the interruption of the Next Gen Chief had interrupted the final procedure to mind slave Jason.

Jason moved into North America with his Step uncle and Auntie. They were warm, but Jason could tell that they were nervous and the idea of Jason living with them. They had been informed of the situation in England, and also deduced that a son of two super beings would probably be a little unusual. Jason however, kept out of the way of his step parents and kept to himself. The next year, Jason left to study at the New Vindicator Academy.

Personality

Jason is quiet, unassuming and gentle. People would think Jason was anti-social, and they would be correct. However Jason is confident in his actions and decisions, augmented by his brilliant intellect. Jason prefers to avoid conflict, rather using smarts to solve problems.

Jason loves music, and is consistently listening to music on his personal iPod. He has a preference for Epic Orchestra and heavier stuff, but notably dislikes screamo. He has an active imagination, and consistently day dreams when possible, this can lead to distractions when he is not focused. He enjoys technical and creative entertainment, namely video games and films, but he often complains they are too easy.

Jason may avoid most people, but enjoys the company of a very special few. Jason is ferociously loyal to his friends. He can often be animated in the company of a very few friends.

Jason avoids females, they often confuse him.

Description

Jason is tall, thin and relatively gaunt. His thin sallow face is mostly intact from Acne and often shows a hint of a smile sometimes, like Jason has an in joke which he shares with no one. Jason has his black hair long and relatively unkempt, but washed, leaving it flowing over the back of his shirt. Jason always is seen wearing long shirts of some kind, some often of bands he likes, all metal or gothic bands, and they are always long sleeved. There is always Jason's traditional pair of Jeans and beat up trainers, and Jason often wears a precious Trench coat. He is unadorned from jewellery except for a watch. Jason wears black leather gloves over his hands. Often the only exposed skin Jason has is his face.

For good reason, as if someone got a look at Jason's body without the intervention of hair or leather or jeans, they could if they focused see blue vein like circuitry threading through under his skin, with the odd discolouring of Implants and certain points like his palm. Showing his Implants is something Jason is very uncomfortable with, as he is happy to keep out of the limelight. Even the few friends he has don't know about Jason's implants, only that Jason doesn't want to ever show his skin. As a result, Jason is very pale from lack of sun exposure.

Complications

:arrow: Next Gen Science:

Jason is walking around with Next Gen science technology inside him, which Phil Howard implanted him with, and Next Gen are going to all measures to retrieve it, for fear of an unbalanced world. Jason will be stalked and followed until the technology is retrieved or Next Gen are forced to quit.

:arrow: Reliance on A.K.A.S.I

Jason, without A.K.A.S.I. will suffer from sever mind overexertion after an hour. This will force him to remain indoors away from anything with detail while he attempts to repair A.K.A.S.I. or find someone to retrieve it.

:arrow: Missing Parents

Despite Jason's escape from his Home country, Jason is silently eager to learn of his parents fate, and while go out of his way if he hears mention of his parents, although he secretly thinks them dead.
Last edited by Nareik123 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Jason avoids females, they often confuse him.
Wise beyond his years.

Nice write up Nareik, I'm anxious to see the build.

sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Post by sirzanek » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Put the revised version of Stormhawk up. I realized that there is at least one cap breaking error that I need to address, but that will come tomorrow. HnH, how do you feel about the new array version? Anything you would prefer to see added/dropped?
Explanation of the Storm Hawk Avatar thing. I am imagining that Berto, in a moment of desperation, lets all of his rage out as a swirling mass of lightning infused storm clouds billowing out of his mouth. He drops, but the clouds coalesce into a roughly humanoid form with wings, talons, and a vaguely avian head which then proceeds to whup ass around the battle field.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Aerlock » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:46 am

Ok, here's a VERY bare bones first pass at building my Alt Form/Material Mimic. This is the basic build and a bare bones outline of his background/personality. Also I still haven't decided yet if I want to make him an Aesir or just a plain NeoSapian.

I could use some help with suggestions on trimming his Earth/Sand form down by about 15 points to get him under the PP limit. I'm thinking about scrapping the Alternate Form and just doing a couple different forms with Metamorph since his physical traits change so much between forms.

- Aerlock

Golem

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: -1 (8), DEX: +1 (12), CON: -1 (8), INT: +1 (12), WIS: -1 (8), CHA: +2 (14)

Tough: -1/+2, Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +12

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+10), Bluff 12 (+14), Climb 11 (+10), Concentration 8 (+7), Diplomacy 8 (+14), Escape Artist 4 (+5), Gather Information 2 (+4), Notice 8 (+7), Sense Motive 6 (+5)

Feats: Distract (Bluff), Fascinate (Bluff), Reputation 8, Skill Mastery (Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Sense Motive), Taunt

Powers:
Alternate Form 14 (Duration (continuous); Check Required (Concentration), Limited (Requires Source Material of a size big enough for his body); Action (Power Switch) 3, Noticeable, One-Way Transformation 3)
. . Normal Form (Alternate)
. . . . Super-Movement 7 (Permeate 3 (full speed), Sure-footed 4 (no penalty); Unreliable (Permeate is unreliable on non Stone/Earth/Sand surfaces only) [2 ranks only])
. . . . Enhanced Trait 1 (Equipment 1)
Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Subtle (subtle))

Power Settings:
Earth/Sand (Alternate Form) (Powers: Elongation 5, Enhanced Trait 3, Immunity 29, Insubstantial 1, Protection 3, Sandblast (Strike 8), Speed 4, Super-Movement 8, Super-Senses 3)
Stone (Alternate Form) (Powers: Enhanced Trait 24, Flight 3, Immunity 29, Protection 4, Speed 2, Super-Movement 4, Super-Senses 3, Feats: Attack Specialization 2 (Unarmed Attack))

Equipment: Protective Uniform [5 ep] (Armor [Protection 3, +3 Toughness; Subtle (subtle)], Commlink)

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +4, Grapple: +3)

Attacks: Sandblast (Strike 8), +8 (DC 23), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 14)

Defense: +5 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -1

Initiative: +1

Drawbacks: Weakness, uncommon, minor, Needs to touch solid ground

Languages: English (Good)

Totals: Abilities 2 + Skills 17 (68 ranks) + Feats 4 + Powers 51 + Combat 18 + Saves 29 - Drawbacks 1 = 120

George “Golem” Johnson
Height: 5’ 2”
Weight: 99lbs
Hair: Black
Skin: Dark Tan/Swarthy

Adopted son of missionaries
Biological son of <Insert Bad Guy Here>
Biological dad doesn’t know he exists, yet
Has a bit of a Napoleon complex due to his height
Daredevil
Jumps in feet first before looking over a situation
Has a bit of the gift of gab which has saved his hide on numerous occasions after one of his adventures
Honest when caught/in the aftermath
Discovered his powers on one of his “adventures”
He and a group of friends skipped out on a field trip in Rio and went hang-gliding
He tried to perform a couple aerial stunts after disconnecting the safety harness and failed causing him to crash into the Christ the Redeemer staute, which wasn’t even supposed to be flying near
He survived the crash by falling through the statue and coming out the other side 2 feet taller and made of solid stone landing mostly unharmed in a small crater
He has since discovered an Earth/Sand form he can assume as well
Parents sent him to NVA once he revealed his abilities
Last edited by Aerlock on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:01 pm

@sirzanek- At first blush, the rewrite of your character seems pretty cool. I like the projected alt. form as well.

@Aerlock- Conceptually, I like him and I'll work with you as best I can to get him trimmed down to where he needs to be. I can't say I would be disappointed by using metamorph instead of object mimicry, because Varaibles can be kind of a pain until a base series of most common forms is established. Some, stone-steel-concrete-alloy for example may be so similar as to be nearly identical, except for minor differences. However, what you've posted is certainly a promising base to refine from.