Megaman: The Wily Wars [MM1 Era]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Megaman: The Wily Wars [MM1 Era]

Postby metool2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Monstropolis, USA -- December 12, 20XX

It was a grim Christmas season. The city seemed to have an air of anxiety rolling across it like the falling snow; citizens gathering worriedly behind black and yellow striped barricades and trying to peer past the police at the sight of the large factory, smoke still billowing up from the building as investigators picked through the rubble of one of the walls, bright red lights of an ambulance flashing as bodies were loaded.

On the television, a reporter covered the story. The second factory hit by the renegade robots since they had gone missing nearly two months ago. Reports suggested it was the same three who had been seen at the last scene. There were no casualties, but heavy injuries were reported from the night watch.

" I still can't believe them! 'Renegade'? They're not 'Renegade', they were stolen!" Roll huffed, glaring angrily at the screen as the small girl walked in with a tray in her hands containing coffee and sandwiches.

" It's alright, Roll. It's alright. They don't mean anything by it. They're just scared." Rock waved his hand, trying to coax her to calm down as he opened the door for her to walk in.

Rock and Roll were Dr Light's assistants. Both of them robots, though designed to resemble young children, surprisingly lifelike. While Rock acted as Dr Light's lab assistant, Roll managed the household and inventory. The two were the last of the recent Lightbot line left, having been left behind in the initial raid that stole the original six.

" How's Doctor Light doing?" Roll asked, peering into the dark room, where the white haired figure sat hunched over a worktable with a lamp shining down on a large sized hand, sparks flying as he worked.

" He's... Working hard." Rock responded, glancing back with concern. " I think we'll be done tonite. Then maybe he will get some rest... He's barely slept, and ate even less. Ever since Doctor Wil--" "Shhhh!"

Roll very quickly silenced Rock, causing the dark haired boy to gasp and clasp his hands over his mouth. After glaring at him a moment, she quietly walked into the lab as Rock turned and closed the door behind them.

Monstropolis, USA -- December 13, 20XX

It was still early in the morning, the rising sun barely visible outside due to the gray clouds covering the sky, when Doctor Light stepped back from his three creations, craning his head back to peer even to inspect the tall figure of Gargan man, though his blue eyes squinted and tiredly he would wipe them with a cloth.

" Are they done, Doctor Light?" Rock asked, as he put away the last of the machinery.

" They are. Forgive me though. All I ever wanted was to create machines to help humanity... I never intended to create machines to fight. But fight you must... I fear what may happen to this city if my creations are left unchecked."
Doctor Light said in a weary voice, as he ran his hands over a control console and initiated the first boot up procedures to bring to life his modified works.

" Awake, Bondman. Awake, Hammerman. Awake, Garganman." Doctor Light called out, as Rock and Roll gathered on either side of him to watch the hopes of Monstropolis power up.
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds

jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: Megaman: The Wily Wars [MM1 Era]

Postby jemal » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:37 am

Hammer Man

"Construction bot MC-H4MM-3R, Code-name Hammer Man, Online. Upgrade Complete, Processing update..."

Hammer Man stands up, tilting his head to the side for a moment, then turns to face Dr Light "Doctor, Along with a 50% efficiency increase and a 200% increase in my armour plating - far in excess of what would be neccessary for my designated tasks, I also note several apparent combat upgrades to my working companions and a change to my registry which would allow for Aggressive actions against others."

He looked down at the hammer on his arm, a slightly sad and worried expression on his face
"I was created to build.. What calamity has forced you to redesign me for destruction?"
As he looked back up, he could see that same sadness on Dr Light's face, and knew that something must be very wrong.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Gargaman

Postby Evolución » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 am

The giagantic robot powers up, with a slow rumbling of its internal machinery. His eyes flick with electrical energy as it rises its arms up, and flexes like a physical culturist. "Construction bot G4R64, Codename Gargaman Online. Looking for upgrades..." it states, its voice like a rolling rock. "Combat upgrade found...Upgrading protocols... Defence upgrade found...Upgrading protocols... Registry override found... Overriding... Upgrade complete." It is then that Gargaman lowers his massive arms. "I'm ready, what do you need demolished?"

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby metool2 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

" They're active! Alright! " Rock said jubilantly, grinning brightly to Hammerman and giving a thumbs up to Garganman.

" It's good to see them completed. " Roll nodded her head and tilting it happily to the side. " I suppose we could say 'Happy Birthday' ? "

Dr Light however remained rather quiet through the booting up process, standing by the computer terminal with one hand resting ontop of the console for support as his weary yet determined blue eyes gazed at them each.

" For destruction . . . "
He seemed to mull those words over in his mouth for several long moments, before shaking his head slowly and stepping forward towards them, opening his arms with palms upturned. " No, what I have activated you for is not destruction. The modifications you now possess that are beyond your initial designs are created for one purpose." Declaring this with one finger held up dramatically. " To defend humanity."

" Defend from what? Sadly, it is from my own creations. Six of your predecessors have been stolen, and already three have reappeared, modified to transform them into tools of destruction... The police have no method of combating them, and I fear what will happen to the city should it escalate to the point of the army becoming involved... To prevent said escalation, I have modified the three of you, with the hopes that you can match my stolen creations and stop them from further harming humanity."
Kamen Rider Builds

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Hammerman nodded slowly "I see. They are the destroyers, we are the defenders." He smiled back then, and raised his hammer triumphantly "Then we shall fulfill our new Purpose."

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Gargaman

Postby Evolución » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:51 am

"Defence it is then. Where shall we build the fortress?" Gargaman says, seemingly not aware that he has to fight someone himself.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Bond Man
HP 1
CONDITION: Fine

Sorry for not posting earlier. I could not think of what to post at that time. U^_^

The next thing the rest could hear, the Bond Man robot had become encompassed in electricity, screaming "WHAAAAAAAA!", as the incompleted glue resin began squirting into the air from his "hands".

The next thing everybody saw, the robot was on the floor, flat on his back, after the electricity subsided (and the glue resin stopped). This would have startled the others in the room immediately, causing them to be curious as to IF the robot was still active. After a split second (after catching some of them off guard), Bond Man began uttering, "Repair bot 6L-U3 R351N, Codename: 'Bond Man' Online. Scanning for updates...

Updates found. Installing updates...

Updates installed. Scanning functions for irregularities...

No irregularities found.

This unit has been shut down suddenly, and may contain some bugs. Do you still wish to activate?"

After Dr. Light face-palmed himself, he kicked Bond Man's head, causing the Repair robot to suddenly awaken. "YEAOWCH! That hurt!" Bond Man said as he sat up and rubbed his head (which had what looked like a glue tube cap on top) closing one eye in the process. "Okay, I got to admit, that last bit was a bad joke, and I am sorry. Anyway, what do you need me to fix, boss?"

Added that electricity bit as a bit of humor from Star Wars, and the activation part from a suddenly shut down computer. Could not find a glue joke for that, sadly.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby metool2 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:11 pm

Roll stared at Bond Man with a wide eyed look that silently questioned 'Really?' and looking over at Dr. Light who lowered his show back down to the ground. "Percussion Engineering." Dr Light answered back to the unspoken question.

" No no no. " Rock then said, waving his hands actively at Garganman. " We're not building a fortress! We're fighting for justice!" He said with a bit of a furrowed brow, but smiling with a bit of admiration in his eyes as Hammer Man raised his hammer and nods.

" Well put, Rock. These two are my assistants... They are both machines just like you. Rock is my lab assistant, he's designed with the ability to instantly analyze and understand any tool and operate them with precision." Dr Light said, extending his hand to indicate the black haired boy, who scarcely looked older than 10 years old.

" I'll be helping to keep all of you in tip top condition! " Rock said as he pumped his fist up.

" And Roll is my household assistant, she is designed to manage my household affairs and has a live link with all the computers here in the lab, coordinating information and keeping things in order."

" Doctor Light has a habit of getting distracted by his work, I just help make sure important things aren't forgotten... Like sleep? A pleasure to meet all of you. " Roll said cheerfully.
Kamen Rider Builds

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Gargaman

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 am

"Bummer...." Gargaman says, with a puff of smoke from one of the chimneys that adorn his back.

Return to “M&M Game Room”