Infinite New Vindicators of the Americas Ch.2-

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Infinite New Vindicators of the Americas Ch.1-

Post by Arkrite » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:50 am

Merle Tremblay
HP: 3 Status: Normal

Merle finishes pulling on his shoes, "Food sounds good. I'm starving."

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:39 am

Prehistoric
HP: 2

David nodded in agreement. "Wait, one of the Mr Avilles? How many are there?

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:15 am

Horsenhero wrote:Francis, Jason & Miguel (npc; Valderon)-

When Miguel gets to the locker room, Francis and Jason are already in the showers. The exit that leads away from the Wreck Room leads toward the boys' dormitory and sitting in a chair by that exit is a wiry young man with long, dredlocks, pulled back into a pony tail of sorts. He's wearing baggy, white linen pants and a tye-dye Bob Marley t-shirt. A pair of flip-flops are sitting beside his chair and his eyes are obscured by a pair of sunglasses with circular, red lenses.

When miguel walks through the door from the hallway leading from the Wreck Room, he gives him alittle wave. "Whassup mon?"
El Campeador/Miguel Young

The young Mr. Young smiled broadly at the newcomer. He had never seen anyone in person with such big dreads.

"Hey, what's up?" He waved one hand in greeting.

"We just beat the machine, man!" Miguel waved a hand through his hair-he was hardly even sweaty.

"I'm Miguel Young. Good to meet'cha."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Francis, Jason & Miguel-

The dark skinned teen in the tye dye shirt smiled at Miguel's enthusiasm. "I saw dat mon. Pretty good job. I take it you are not experiencin' any regrets or bad t'oughts den?"

"Dose two came in here so hang dog lookin' dey never even saw me sittin' here. It ain't dat unusual though. Dere always seem t'be dose who are unhappy winnin'. Anyway, I'm here on behalf of de student body t'welcome you prohperly to de school."

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Gilliam » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:03 am

Taheka / Tamati Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Staggered

"You read my mind some kai would be great." Tamati said running his fingers through his hair to comb it "What sort of food do you have here?"

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:32 am

David, Merle & Tamati (npc: Arturo)-

Arturo chuckles at Merle's question. "Mr. Avilles is a Neo-Sapien like us, but he makes duplicates of himself. He runs the cantina, does most of the maintenance and janitorial work and drives the cars usually. I really don't know how many of him can be active at the same time, but maybe you can ask his son, Ernesto. Ernesto is a freshman this year, just like you."

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:47 am

Cooker/Francis Gold
HP: 0
COND: Unharmed

"....Not that. Shut up." Francis' voice came out from behind the curtain.... and just worn down. Great. School just the same all over again.
Impeach the peach!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Francis, Jason & Merle (npc: Valderon)-

"Shut up?' Valderon says mildy. "See mon, dat's what I am talkin' abowt. Not dealin' prohperly wit' winnin' de challenge. Personally, I am happy I neyver had t' face de t'ing myself. Of course my powers are more useful in ot'er situations mon."

"Anyway, de student bohdy is happy to have you all here. You and de rest of your classmates. It is jus' dat sometimes, noht bein' treated like a special t'ing because of your powers can be disconcertin' mon. After all, unless you audit some classes at de graded school, only Mistah Hertzog, Miss Salazar an' de Olivas wooman have no powers among de people you will go to de academy wit'."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:15 pm

Okay...end of Chapter 1. HP's reset to base levels.

While this was mostly an exercise in introducing characters and establishing personalities...I will award 1PP.
Everyone gets an extra HP to start the new chapter with also.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Ch. 2: Bad Company-

The day after the pay-per-view of The Challenge VI airs, the students are afforded a day off. Now that the new students are moved into the dorms and the syllabus for each class has been set, the staff felt a reward was in order. Normally a day like this is just a small group of students flying down to the coast in one of Sao Paolo's seemingly ubiquitous helicopters, but today, with such a large number of students descending on the coast at once, the school rents a pair of tour buses.

With nothing on their minds but play and warm sunshine the cadets are driven to the city of Guaruja on the coast. Guaruja is less than an hour from Sao Paolo and the beaches are very popular. The majority of the teens end up on Tombo, but really, with pockets full of reals, the entire port city, with its tourist focused venues is at their disposal. While it is a near impossibility to chaperone this many teenagers the staff still has Eloise Ragsdale, Angela Valdez and Guillermo Valdez on site just in case they're needed.

However, like sailors on shore leave, it isn't long before the academy cadets are breaking off into small groups and heading off to do who knows what.
OOC: At the beginning, all the PC's are together. Whether you choose to stay together is your choice. All the npc students are here as well, so if there's a student you want your character to get to know better, just indicate it.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Merle Tremblay
HP: 3 Status: Normal

The trip down wasn't very fun at all.

It was mostly Merle's own fault for wanting a window seat on a bus designed for somebody a full foot shorter than himself. His knees jammed uncomfortably into the seat ahead of him, he had to duck his head, and his knee was screaming at him because it wanted to straighten out, just for three seconds. Not that he had the room for it.

But he'd been insistent on the window seat for a reason, and that was that it gave him a good view of the surrounding area. With how his powers worked it was something he wanted more than anything else. The more of the area he saw the more options he'd have for teleporting around.

Sadly he only really got to see more of the city, and then long stretches of nothing.

Still, he told himself, every little bit helped. It gave him options. And at least he knew he wouldn't have to ride the bus back to the school.

When he got off the bus he stretched out as best he could, feeling his knees popping back into place after the long ride and feeling the relief of being able to move again. Why they had to make those things so small was beyond him.

He pulled his comb from his pocket, straightened out his hair, then slipped on his sunglasses as he looked through the crowd for the only people he really knew at this point, David and Tamati.