Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Brand New Day - Henchmen's Union [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Brand New Day - Henchmen's Union [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm

At the Henchmen's Union:

A new rumor-song has been echoing the halls and common areas of the Henchmen's Union:

So They say that the Snake Bite has got herself captured,
Put on ice by the authorities.(OH NO)
So They say she was set-up,
Who would do that? (They’re SO dead.)

So They say she had files and tapes, proof of bad deeds, on all the League members. (Oh That’s Bad)

It’s a tragic story, so they say
The cops must be on their way.
Could this be the end of all we know the world to be today?

Ever since the promotion of Dr. Horrible, six months ago, the post of Head Henchman has been habitated by Moist, a sweaty Henchman of unremarkable powers, unremarkable skill, but a fair bit of experience and seems to know *everybody*.

He calls you in to the Head meeting room. If you pass by the Head office you see a woman waiting in there, looking unhappy and impatient.

You were all summoned via an individual note sent to you. With one exception, a note marked with P.P. was passed first to the Pink Pummeler, and then to the Purple Provoker.

The note mentioned a job as assigned by Bad Horse himself so it was too important not to be there.

Moist walks into the room and looks you all over. [Sense Motive checks, everyone, I'll PM the results if any.]

You see he bears an unopened letter, the seal still intact.

His voice is slightly nasally and it always sounds like he's apologizing for something. "Well, yeah. I was asked to pick you for a job from Bad Horse. But, umm... that was in my note so why don't I just read what Bad Horse wants?"

The instant he breaks the seal, from under the table pop up three heads. Two men from one side, one from the other. Ned, Jed, and Rob are the well-known Heralds to the Thoroughbred of Sin.

An unseen orchestra that has watched Blazing Saddles once too often begins immediately:

Bad Horse. Bad Horse. Bad Horse. Bad Horse.
The Evil League of Evil could use your expertise.
A member has been captured, don’t expect re-lease.
It seems she has some files we need for you to fleeeeeeece.

The cops are stalled, it won’t long
But wait til we get through this song.

Bad Horse. Bad Horse. Bad Horse. Oh Yeah.
To oversee this mission, I send along Tie-Die.
You’ll be her evil Henchmen, standard rates apply!
I’m looking for distinction! So get out there, don’t be shyyyyyy.

We’re a member short, it could be *You*
All others might get turned to glue.
So saddle up, you know your course.
Go be evil, Signed: Bad Horse.

You notice the letter is already falling apart in his soggy hands. He tries to fold it with little success. "So, uh... yeah. Any questions, or should I just bring her in here?"
Last edited by flynnarrel on Fri May 08, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 pm

The Purple Provoker

The Purple Provoker stands there in his standard uniform. A pair of black boots (he couldn't find purple ones), a pair of purple cargo pants, a gold utility belt (without anything in it, currently, but you can never have to many pockets), and a tight longsleeved purple shirt which on most people would show off their muscular build.

On Johnny it just shows off his skinny average build.

Finishing off the ensemble is a pair of purple gauntlets, with extra padding around the wrists for blocking attacks (which he intends to learn how to do very soon), and a purple cowl which reveals only his brown eyes, his mouth, and his chin.

He raises a hand, "So are we supposed to save Snake Bite, or just those files?"
He pauses, "It is Snake Bite right?"
Another pause.

"Also, we're not going to have to dress up like tie dyed go-go dancers on LSD... again... are we?"

OOC: I got a 3 for sense motive. Normally I'd back up my claims with a link to the Invisible Castle... but I got a 3. ;~)
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Moist looks down at the (now illegible) letter. "Uh... seems the Evil Equine only mentioned files."

He looks around for the now-vanished Messengers. "Uh, guys? Yeah, they're gone. It's never really an... interactive process with them." He shrugs.

"And yeah, I think everyone's heard the stories. Snake Bite's been caught for importing illegal reptiles. Normally a small sentence but, well, let's just say she watched Godzilla a few too many times. And we're talking the Matthew Broderick one here." He winces and acts like this is an explanation unto itself.

"Yeah, word is she cut a deal to turn over her files. I heard the cops are trying to get a warrant as we speak. Our guy, Fillibuster, is delaying it as long as he can." Moist nods and several beads of Essential Sweat plop to the floor with a rank SPLAT!

"Oh, and Tie-die will mention if she wants any special costumes." He leans casually on the table and a pool forms under his hand.

He looks around. "Anything else?"

Arkrite, 'Fillibuster' was such a cool name and concept I had to incorporate it. :)
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Brainbot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Misery - Assignment Room

Misery, eighteen, is filing her nails back down. Her palms have little red cuts; she serreptitiously cuts the sharp ends off her nails, pours them into the trashcan, then looks around the room.

Her hair is jet black with onyx hi-lites; perceptive people would notice a single 'sample' streak of white. It was too Cruella. And childrens' movies where the puppies win...too depressing.

La Mis straightens her pleated skirt, looks at her nails, and reaches into her backpack for a set of frilly gloves. She was working with...well, she was working. Good hours, you meet new people, and you're better than them.

Probably.

"Have you got cop outfits stored somewhere? I say I go in there, get the guy in charge, seduce the heck out him, then bring the files back."

Misery fixes her pleats (damn used gingham!) and tries not to doubletake at the TWO color henchs around. And considering the competition...

1d20+6=24 What's moist think of THAT?
Misery
PL 3, 45 pp

Abilities:
Strength 8 (-1); Dexterity 12 (+1); Constitution 14 (+2);
Intelligence 12 (+1); Wisdom 10 (+0); Charisma 16 (+3)

Saves: Toughness +5, +2 without leather jacket; Fortitude +2; Reflex +1; Will +3

Skills: Bluff 4 (+7), Drive 4 (+5)
Knowledge [Popular Culture] 6 (+7), Knowledge [Arcana] 6 (+7), 12 ranks [3pp, 5 total]
Escape Artist 4 (+5), Notice 6 (+6), Sense Motive 6 (+6), Sleight of Hand 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+5).

Feats: Attractive (2), Attack Focus [Ranged] (3), Distract [Bluff], Equipment 3 (Leather Jacket & standard four door). Sneak Attack 1. Seize Initiative.
Villain's Luck 2. 10 points.

Powers: Despair Control. [For reference, the effect of Despair: The subject is shaken, suffering a –2 on attack rolls,
defense, and checks. Failure by 10 or more means the target is
overcome with hopelessness, helpless and unable to take any
actions. As emotion control, 1pp/rank (Flaw: One Emotion).
Power Feat: Subtle. 3pp. (Will Save @ DC 13, Perception range).
AP: Area (Flaw: Touch).
5pp total.

Combat: Tradeoff: -2 AC, +2 Damage Save.
+0 to hit melee, +3 to hit ranged (+3 damage, crossbow). Defense 11. Damage Save +4 (+2 con, +3 leather jacket).

Initiative: +1 (Can Seize Initiative for 1 HP).

Cost:
Abilities: 12; Combat: NIL; Saves: 3; Skills: 11 (44 ranks); Feats: 13; Powers: 5= 40 points.

Current VP: 4. [2 built in, 2 for first scene.]

Complications
Teenager, Enemy (popular kids/phonies/mall cops), Poor, Totally Hot (only the consequences of being the postergirl for teenage disenfranchisement).
-It's not althogether unlikely that someone will try and "Save" Misery.

COSTUME: When performing any acts of henchwomanry ('henching'), she wears a simple, simple black eyemask (plausible deniability). She wore one with white stripes to match her stockings, but was called "Dead Zebra Girl". That one stung.
Last edited by Brainbot on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arkrite » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:32 pm

The Purple Provoker

Johnny looks over at Misery for the first time and takes a good look.

'Figures,' he thinks to himself, 'Drop dead bombshell and the only thing I'll be able to convince her to do with my powers is to drive a nail file into my forehead.'

"Damn! yeah, that'd work..." Johnny says appreceativly, then shakes his head, "Except you'll be stealing Tie Dye's thunder if you do that."

"Lets hope she's not the vain sort, or she might decide your uniform is a potatoe sack," He pauses, "Super Villians are attention whores."
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Brainbot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Misery

"Yeah, looks like your costume is a potato sack."

Misery lets out a little giggle, the kind perfectly measured between mockery and flirting.

"I'm Misery, we haven't met."
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arkrite » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:33 am

The Purple Provoker

He sighs.

"Well, I bought a nice one at first... but it was very expensive," He rolls his eyes, "And apparently made of some kind of fabric which is hard to repair and really holds onto blood stains."

"After the second usage I was afraid people were going to mistake me for Hobo-Man, thus the bargan basment costume. It's just easier to dye it myself. And less likely to leave me in the poor house with Hobo-Man."

"I'm the Purple Provoker."

He offer his hand to her.

"I have the amazing ability to make people want me dead."

He pauses then grins, "Also I have the amazing super power to make people want me dead."
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:15 am

Moist breaks in to the conversation, looking a little nervous when asked about cop uniforms. It was kinda hard to notice, but he sweat more, really. "No, I don't have any women's cop uniforms, why, what have you heard?"

After a moment to fully register the question he verbally backpedals. "Oh, alright, a plan, umm... yeah, that could be a good plan. Mention it to Tie-Die. Villians are the planners after all." he shrugs. "I mean, where would we be if henchmen planned things, right?" He laughs without conviction.

"And sorry for not introducing you all. I forget that this is such a big place not everyone would know each other. Rock, Purple Provoker, Pink Pummeler, and Misery." He points as he names people.

"Some of you have worked with each other, I'm sure. But feel free to talk amongst yourselves." He glances at his water-resistant watch.

He scratches his head and a bout of rain falls at his feet. He puts his hand back on the table and the spot of moisture there doubles in size. It seems to be spreading toward...

... Rock.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Brainbot » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:56 am

Misery

"Probably would've integrated more pillows, if I was you. Fat people can't get a break in the world, anyway."

She looks over at Pink Provoker. "With two PPs on the team, I'm going to call you Gaybasher. If you want, we can put it to a vote."

She flashes a tormented grin at Rock. He didn't look idiotic, so that was a major plus.
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arkrite » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:39 pm

The Purple Provoker

Johnny groans internally.

Drop dead gorgeous and filled with dumb ideas.

It was all he could do to stop himself from asking her if her if her secret identity was a cheerleader.

That would definatly start a fight.

"Okay, you're not calling him that. First off it makes him sound like a violent nutjob who hates gay people," He shakes his head, "Secondly, I am NOT getting in another fight with Fabulous Fran the Dancing Man. It's embarrassing enough being beaten up by an effeminate man in a tutu, but he dances while he does it. Dances! Do you know how humiliating that is?"

"You call the Pummeler that and he'd be all over us before you could say 'P.C. Police.'"

He sighs, "Look, just call me Provoker if it bothers you that much. Or Provo, or Voker or whatever other mangling of my name you want."

He pauses, "Also... pillows? I wear this stuff for jobs, not while wandering around in public. Half the reason I wear this is because I can pull another set of clothes right over it and hide it. Believe it or not I'm not completely insane."
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:08 pm

"The Violet Voker?" Moist offers, then shrugs. "And, lemme guess, you haven't seen Hector brawl? He's really quite graceful.... fer a... umm... dude."

I'll let the others get a chance to chime in before moving the story forward too much forward.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Brainbot » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Misery

"Voker is fine."

She covers her face with a gloved hand, glancing at Pink's reaction.
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Jim Profit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:56 pm

The Rock looks around the room and then starts to talked, but can't be understood over the mufflings of his gas mask.

Mrrph Mrrph Mrrph Mrrrph!

He then looks to the left as if thinking about something then simply says.

Mrrph!

(ooc: Comedy relief type thing, where he said whatever you intterput it as lol)
If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception. The person who craves a moral blank check of that kind, has dishonest intentions, whether he admits it to himself or not.
Jim Profit
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Arkrite » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:04 pm

The Purple Provoker

'Don't say it... don't say it...' He throught to himself, eyebrow twitching.

Two seconds later his will power fails him.

"What's that, Lassie? Timmy fell down the well again?"

The little invisible angel sitting on his shoulder just shook it's head, 'You are such a jerk.'
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jim Profit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Mrrrph!

*The Rock makes a drawing a shows everyone the plan*

If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception. The person who craves a moral blank check of that kind, has dishonest intentions, whether he admits it to himself or not.
Jim Profit
Hireling
Hireling

Next

Return to M&M Game Room