Brand New Day - Henchmen's Union [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:32 pm

Moist looks at the cride drawing. "And *that's* why Villains make plans, not henchmen."

The edge of the spreading moistness pooling on the table creeps closer to the drawing in front of Rock. A little more and it will spill on to the man's lap.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:49 pm

The Purple Provoker

Johnny snickers, "Come on, Moist, you keep selling us short like that and they're going to try to cut our wages again."

"Besides, Rock makes The GunShow look like a tactical genius."

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:15 pm

Misery

If Misery doesn't smile, then her expression becomes a little less grim.
"It's a good drawing of me. At least the kid's thinking.."

She grabs the drawing away from Moist's encroaching wetness. It is really, really hard to restrain herself from making fun of Moist. Sure he was an outcast, a weirdo, and doing his best with very little...wait.

"Hey Moist, I got an idea for you." She slips him a little post it note written on in pencil."
She then checks her cell phone, sighs heavily, and looks to the others.
"I say we get started. I could depress the guards. As a backup, we get a digital camera, dress up Voker like a tourist and blackmail the cops. The city's finest can't afford a Rodney King on their hands."

EDIT, Feb 2010: The suggestion was for Moist to sell bottled water of his own drippings.
Last edited by Brainbot on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:23 am

Moist reads the note, makes a disgusted face. Stops. Makes a considering face. "Yeah... I'll think about it."

He gives a slight look of concern at the silence of his long time friend, the Pink Pummeler but shrugs. "I'll go get Tie-die, she has all of what you're supposed to do."

He sloshes out.

It's only moments before he comes back, the angry looking woman waiting in his office tromps after him. She doesn't look any happier for having been kept waiting.

She stops at the doorway looking over the group, clearly dissapointed. She rounds on Moist jabbing an accusatory finger into his chest. "These are the best you collected for this very important mission! You think any of them deserve the honor of a seat on the Evil League of Evil in replacement of Snake Bite?!"

You notice with some satisfaction that the finger in contact with the dank henchman is serving as a conduit and dripping water on her costume.

Moist looks unperturbed. "They're good people,... Miss Tie-Die. You've seen their files. And they're what the Henchmen's Union has to offer right now. But... if you want to delay the critically time sensitive mission until other resources are available, I'll understand, and draft a note to Bad Horse immedi...."

"NO!" she relents. "It's fine. I've been delayed enough as it is."

Moist gives a smirk and a little bow, and exits.

"Okay," she spies Misery for the first time and notes the lack of color with face aghast. "NO! No hench...person of mine is going to look like she lost a fight to an emo, a goth, AND a beatnik at the same time and they dressed her as revenge. You're going to need at least three more non-grey-derivative colors in that outfit. And no black whatsoever. Accept for what you can't wash out of that hair. Though, I expect it's mostly dirt anyway." She shrugs.

She looks over the Violet Voker. "Gold belt, tacky, but acceptible."

Rock. "I'm not feeling the post-apocalyptic vibe. But if you want to go with it, add some radioactive green."

She stops at the Pink Pummeler. "Perfect just the way you are. Also, say 'Hi' to your mother for me." She smiles wickedly. It's a similar smile you'd imagine she'd have if just kicked a puppy.

"Right, that's settled." She pauses for breath before continuing...

Okay, what you should know about Tie-Die so you can make careful and well-chosen actions... (should you even choose to act).
She is a Villain, in a high position on the Evil League of Evil. Not only that, she's rumored to be powerful. It's said she crippled an entire block with overpowering vertigo just to stop some cops. She can also strike someone down with a horrendous case of the Munchies. She, hates most things, but Happy People most of all. (if you can use that tidbit to your advantage more power to ya.) If you want a shot to know more, PM me a knowledge check, any knowledge check, just tell me which, the kind of knowledge will effect the DC you'd have to get to get useful info.

Other useful tidbits. Money is tight everywhere. You kinda need this job. And... you got the impression that if you do good (or... umm... bad, but do it well), you might advance quickly.

Okay.

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:24 am

Misery
BITCHBITCHBITCHBITCHBITCHBITCH

Misery looks extremely, extremely defeated. Not deflated; her posture doesn't change. But it's a very submissive, completely unchosen gesture.

Lost a fight to an emo and a goth? She was worse than Elmira's mom. What next, complaints about sega-tapes and Jazz?

She waits for the hippie bitch to speak. Wait, if the hippies were in the sixties, this woman was either a phonie, past fifty, or a time traveler. No, a real hippie wouldn't be a complete bitch.

Well, it'd taken nearly a week. But she had her first kill in mind, if it went to that. Moist was suddenly a lot, lot more sympathetic.

Misery thought dark thoughts.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 am

The Purple Provoker

He lets out long mental sigh.

He bet Batman never had to deal with this crap.

Oh well, there was always one thing you could be sure of with both full fledged Villians and Heroes. Their eccentric nature always gave you a leg up when you needed a distraction.

Jim Profit
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Jim Profit » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:57 am

The Rock thinks to himself:

Green?! But that'll clash with the other team-mates! That's not good fung-shei!

The Rock hopes Tie-Die's plan involves giving everybody assault rifles then busting in there shooting up everybody in a blaze of gun smoke and he's sprayingpainting anarchy symbols over the police station and then the villain guild becomes so impressed with him he gets a huge raise and starts ridding a pimped out villain car with diamond nuclear symbol on the front and hydrolics. With a bumper sticker on the back.

They see me archin'
They hatin'..
(Arching is a term from venture bros for villains)

Then laughing underneath his muffled gas mask.
HrrhrrhrrhrrHRR!
If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception. The person who craves a moral blank check of that kind, has dishonest intentions, whether he admits it to himself or not.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Satisfied at the lack of desent, Tie-Die continues.

"The Files we are after are in one of Snake Bite's secret warehouses. I know the location, and have the keycode sequence. Although I don't expect to be any problems, Snake Bite was known to have... unusual guards. If we encounter any such it will be your job to keep them occupied while I secure the files from the office. I would say just burn the place down but Professor Normal, the twit, feels that by analyzing the data were can learn how the information was amassed, plug holes in our own security. So, we are to meet here tomorrow. Appropriately clothed and bathed." She emphasizes the last.

"If any of you have a vehicle you can follow me to the destination, perhaps giving a ride to the others. Otherwise, I have*one* space in the sidecar of my cycle. As for the rest, a jog may do you good."

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Misery

"Yes Miss Die."

She would've punctuated that differently, but it's not the place. She looks over to Rock, who seems to be laughing inside his gas mask.

And gasmasks seemed so COOL before...

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:05 pm

The Purple Provoker

"Uh... if I get a say in it... take Rock in the sidecar." He looks at the hazmat suit wearing henchman, "I'm pretty sure none of us are going to want to work with him if he goes jogging in that suit..."

"You know, assuming he doesn't get heatstroke and die on the way."

Golbez57
Fanatic
Fanatic

The Pink Pummeler

Postby Golbez57 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Pink Pummeler

He'd mastered it in the 4th grade, when they were supposed to be learning longitude and latitude: zoning out, lost in other thoughts, while following the teacher with his gaze and giving a slight, knowing nod whenever eye contact was made.

Today, while the others bickered and mumbled and Moist stumbled over his words as usual, he imagines a bright pink glove connecting solidly with Johnny Snow's gut, then a cross-right spinning him. Doc patting him on the back. "Nice going. Perfect."

He is dimly aware of that last word. The Pink Pummeler clears his throat, straightens his posture, and struggles to rewind the last few bits of barely-registered conversation.

"Perfect just the way you are."

Blinking and understanding the source of the compliment, he tips his head to the side and gives a faux-smug grunt and crooked grin, imagining Fonzie in Happy Days reruns.

"...mother...."

The rest of Tie-Die's words are flooded over by that one. The grin slowly fades, and his tipped head twitches a few times to that side.

"Yeah. Yeah."

Clearing his throat again, more forcefully, his mind slowly catches up with the missed conversation.

"I can spring for a cab."

Pummeler mentally leafs through the slim stack of bills on his money clip, seeing the remains of his last ATM withdrawal flying into the air and evaporating.

Stats wrote:Pink Pummeler
Hector Zuno

(PL 3, 45 PP)

Abilities
Str 16
Dex 12
Con 16
Int 6
Wis 6
Cha 12

[Abilities: 8 points]

Saves
Toughness 3
Fort 3
Ref 1+2 = 3
Will -2+2 = 0
[Saves: 4 points]

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (9), Perform: Dance 8 (9), Perform: Sing 1(2), Bluff 2 (3),Languages: English(Native), Spanish
[Skills: 5 points]

Feats
Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Fascinate (Perform: Dance), Improved Initiative, Stunning Attack, Power Attack, Challenge: Fast Acrobatic Feint, Attack Focus: Melee 3, Dodge Focus 1, Luck, Elusive target, Blindfighting
[Feats: 15 points]

Powers
Dazzle (visual) 3
Flaw: Range--Touch
Extras: Alternate Save (Will)
[6 pp + 2 AP]
AP: Autofire and Penetrating on Unarmed Strength, Drawback (no cover fire) (5) + Confuse 3, Flaw: Range—Touch {-2/r}, Extra: Alternative Save (Fort){0}, (1)
AP: Spinning 4, Flaw: no toughness bonus, + Blur
[Powers: 8 points]

Combat
Attack: Melee Feats +3,
Damage: +3 (melee attacks);
Defense 2+1 Dodge; 1 if Flatfooted [4pp]
Initiative 5
Grapple: +6, +10 resistance, if Spinning
[Combat: 4 points]

Abilities 8 + Saves 5 + Skills 5 + Feats 15 + Powers 8 + Combat 4 = 45

Complication: Overbearing, emasculating retired supervillainess mom, Countess Chiffon. She "always wanted a girl." She got Hector.

He's got only a touch of her powers. He's likable enough, but quite daft. Though he's trained extensively under another has-been baddie, Kodiak (boxer in a bear suit), his fighting style is still largely influenced by years of dance classes, male cheerleading, and high school drama club geekdom.
Pink Pummeler in Brand New Day: Henchmen's Union

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 pm

She looks distastefully at the suited Henchman, Rock, and just shrugs.

"If there's nothing else, we'll meet tomorrow morning. And no one is to be a cheerful morning person, understand?"

Note: even after she leaves there's always more to do around the Henchmen's Union. The place is a haven for rumors and scuttlebutt and a good place to get info.
Visiting Hourglass has become something of a tradition before new assignments. She almost always 'predicts' a good outcome, but it's fun.
Other notable people that had signed in tonight are Conflict Diamond, The Premier Pimp, and DataDump. I'll explain more about these people if you have any interest in them. Just let me know.

Also of Note. I leave tomorrow to be out of town for the weekend. I might be able to post sporadically, I might not.

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:01 am

Misery

"Yes Miss Die."

Then immediately on her exit:

"I wouldn't be happy if I looked like that, either. Not that I'm happy looking like I do now, but something any child of darkness learns is perspective. I bet she's had her nose closed in books a few too many times." She laughs, but it's a self-righteous laugh, and she quickly looks as if the effort annoyed her...and the laughter dies. Not even fades, but, dies.

"Now, unlike your guys, I have a car. And a drivers license."
Elmira jangles a keychain. The keys seem to be scarred teeth coming from a dessicated plastic mouth.

"We get there, we get our mission done, and then we can work for someone with half a brain in head and no LSD in her spine. Like Bear Arms."

This assumes that Moist has left the room or wouldn't care.

Edit: Feb 2010: "The Premier Pimp", I think, was never mentioned again. So don't worry about him.
Last edited by Brainbot on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:44 pm

The Purple Provoker

He blinks, then gives Misery a very slow, very diliberate look up and down.

"You don't like how you look?" He raises an eyebrow and smirks, "Are you blind, or is it just that you haven't checked a mirror since puberty hit?"

He sighs and shakes his head, "Honestly, if I didn't need the money I'm not sure I'd be doing this right now. Welcome to the wild world of ego, mania and over-dramatics."

He shrugs, "Oh, guys, a warning. If you hear me say the word 'cupcake' or 'porkchop'... plug your ears. I've been beat up enough times by my teammates to want to avoid that happening again."

He turns to Misery, "And before you get started making fun of my 'secret words'; I chose those words because 'hey, everybody, plug your ears' kind of tips my hand to the enemy, you know?"

"Wait... Snakebite was known to have unusual guards?" He scratches his chin, "Might want to look into that before we get going."

ooc: Obivously that's for after Tie Die leaves.
Johnny will do some Gather Information attempting to learn about these "unusual guards".
Holy Hannah!
Gather Information: 1d20+0=20
Not bad for my first roll ;~)

Then probably visit with DataDump and Hourglass before heading out.

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Misery

"I'm not happy with how I look..." she pauses, deliberately. "Because I'm Not Happy."

Duh.

Let's visit the people, it sounds fun.

Return to “M&M Game Room”