Brand New Day - Henchmen's Union [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:55 pm

"Well, if you're sthure she'll go out with me." DataDump seems excited and eager and... drooling slightly.

He faces his computer and his small pink tongue extends in concentration. His face scrunches up forming valleys and mountain ranges of face fat. A little bit of sweat breaks out.

In moments, the printer nearby jumps to life spitting out cad drawings and spectral diagrams detailed with 7-point font.

Misery, please roll a d20 for DataDump's Master Plan, using his Int bonus of +5, it's activation can be delayed until needed to deal with the traps. Pummeler, please roll a Disable Device check for DataDump at +8. This will be an aid other to anyone in your group for a trained or untrained Disable Device to get rid of the traps.

User avatar
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: The Rookery
Contact:

Postby Brainbot » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:45 pm

Misery

Misery looks over the documents. Mmm, for someone so repulsive, the plans were pretty good. No, even for someone socially acceptable, the plans were pretty good.

"Thanks. But if we use the western exit..."

1d20+5=19
I assume with someone else's aid another, even untrained, it would go to 20.

User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Postby Arkrite » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:09 am

The Purple Provoker

"... and take this hallway up to here, and the stairs here." Johnny grins as he taps the papers, "You know, this might just work!"

OOC: Intelligence roll to assist with Master Plan
1d20+0=17

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:04 am

I think no Aid Other on Master Plans unless the aiding character has Master Plan as well. I'd let Misery use a VP to reroll it though. But 19 is pretty decent (but a VP reroll has a good chance to be higher). I'm not near my books but it's either +2 or +3, right?

Edit: if anyone hasn't done their notice/investigation in this room (Voker or Rock) this is your last chance. And looking for Pummeler's Aid Other.

User avatar
Golbez57
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

Postby Golbez57 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:59 pm

"Hmmmm...."

Disable Device: 1d20+8=12
Pink Pummeler in Brand New Day: Henchmen's Union

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:05 pm

Nice, +4 total to disable traps, (and also a +2 circumstance bonus for a +6, but only +4 to spot the traps {master plan and circumstance bonus applied to search checks}) Will allow take 10 to bypass most traps so as not to delay on the trivial stuff. (though I'll point out the tougher traps that I'd like a roll on when the time comes.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:01 am

DataDump sniffs a few times, wrinkles his nose then reaches up and pulls out a few nose hairs, heedless of the company. "Stho... " he says in a shower of spittle. "Baitsth number? And I can tell her you guys said it would be okay to call her?" He rubs two fleshy hands together. "Cuz, sthe told me not to call without permissthon, lastht times sthe changed her sthell phone number. So, I have your permissthon, right?"

Also, where to next? Need any 'common knowledge' on the others?
Last edited by flynnarrel on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: The Rookery
Contact:

Postby Brainbot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:24 am

Misery

Misery dutifully gives Datadump a (random) series of digits. "Don't call until 7:35pm, she doesn't turn her phone on until then. And if you call after eight, she'll probably be at the movies. She keeps a very, very tight schedule."

She kind of forces a grin and puts a hand (yeuck!) on Data's shoulder. "That's the number she gave to ME, anyway, and I'm sure she likes me..."

User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Postby Arkrite » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 pm

The Purple Provoker

"Thanks for the help, Datadump," He grins and waves to the man as he escapes into the hallway.

And fresh air.

Johnny liked Datadump. He liked him on Instant Messageing programs. In real life, though, he couldn't help but wish the man would bathe. Or at least let the others hit him with a firehose every once in awhile.

He sighed. It was none of his business, he decided, but he made a note to bring some fabreeze next time.
Or possibly a torch.

Which ever one he could shove up his own nose to deal with the smell the quickest, he decided.

"Okay, so how about we give Hourglass a call before we go?" He shrugs with a smile (since he suspects smiling will drive Misery up the wall), "It's tradition, after all!"

User avatar
Golbez57
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

Postby Golbez57 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Pink Pummeler

"Thanks, Datadump. Let's pack up the stuff and roll!"
Pink Pummeler in Brand New Day: Henchmen's Union

User avatar
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: The Rookery
Contact:

Postby Brainbot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:07 pm

Misery

"I'm in. Satanism and paganry are a key part of...well, being on the right side of society."

She smiles, catlike and hissy, at Provoker.
"You're really good at the getting beat up thing. Too bad you look like you were cute under all those bruises...but then again, your tragedy is mine."

Misery legs it to Hourglass, greeting her with a favorite sudoku puzzle. It's a double blackbelt.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Hourglass has her own small room. It's ordained in scarves and beads and a table adorned with a stack of tarot cards, i-ching, and a covered crystal ball.

An old, motherly woman greets you all sweetly.

"What can I do for you, Dears? Come for a reading?"

User avatar
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: The Rookery
Contact:

Postby Brainbot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:44 am

Misery

"Yes Ma'am." Misery gives a small curtsy before folding her legs and sitting on the floor cross legged. Elmira sits so noone can look up her skirt.

"I got a puzzle I thought you'd like, Ma'am. I know you prefer word puzzles, but these work another part of your brain."
She passes it to Hourglass along with a golf pencil.

Knowledge: Arcana at +7 to assess her reading skills. But Misery would NEVER correct Hourglass, atleast in front of others.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:00 am

PM'ed you bought what you figured out.


"Why thank you, Dear!" She seems genuinely pleased. As Misery passes over the pencil Hourglass' gaze lingers on the younger woman's palm.

"Ah, I see a tall, handsome man in your future." she promises happily.

"Well, I'll just set this number puzzle aside for a moment and get you all some tea."

She goes to a plugged in percolator and puts leaves in 5 small ceramic cups, adds steaming water, and brings them back to the table.

She serves Misery first, then The Voker. When she gets to the Pummeler she pauses then pulls out a straw. At Rock she stops altogether noting the full gas mask. "Err, just do your best." she says to Rock.

"All right, it's Apple-Jasmine Lotus Green-Black Lemon Zinger Spice Tea. Just leave the dregs and I'll interpret them." She proceeds to sip her own tea.

"Can you tell me anything of your assignment or Villain, or is it too secret?"

User avatar
Golbez57
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

Postby Golbez57 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:12 am

Hector tries to recall whether Moist's instructions were specific as to who should and should not be in-the-know. Realizing now he was totally lost in his own thoughts for such a long period of time, he wonders what other important information was missed, shrugs, and looks to the others before bending over to take a sip of tea through the straw.
Last edited by Golbez57 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pink Pummeler in Brand New Day: Henchmen's Union


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests