Brand New Day - Henchmen's Union [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:53 am

Misery

Misery leans heavily against the banister, then laughs at Provoker falls on his face. Had he ever done anything -right?-

Then, Conflict Diamond manages to kill Bad Horse entirely. The smell was rather sickening but, considering everything the Equus of Evil had done, it was probably for the best.

Holy shit. She had really done it; she had killed her own boss, her boss's boss really, and broke his brain. In the span of what, 23 hours? She had gone from trainee to head. And that was awesome. It'd be idiotic to just run away from everything.

"Pummeler, wait!" She yells, as he heads toward his car.
Great, well, if she couldn't get her revenge on Tie Die, atleast she'd be unemployable. She pondered how awkward it would be to bring home a date that your mom knows from work. Muy Awk.

She went to check on Datadump, who seemed to be washing himself semi-frantically at an eyewash station. "What do you tthhink of the name Stack Overfflow?" he asks, and Elmira gives a giggle. She gagged when she sees was what was going down the drain, but that was how it went.

"Hourglass, I'm going to want your contact info. It's late, I'm tired, but I figure I got tomorrow free and I want to restart this. Not a syndicate of unequal opportunities, but an opt-in system of mutual criminal benefit. With a new rule: No Killing. Are you in?"

She attempts to recruit the Band Aids, Moist, but gives the Good Doctor his space. She just gives him a firm hand on the shoulder. "Don't worry, Doc. Those we love always have a history of coming back when the time is right. Take care of Furball, all right?"

She walks around the backside of the house and sees Stone just unstoning himself.
"MFFMFFPHH MSSS!"
"Yup. I can give you a ride home if you want."

After that, she hurries to catch Conflict Diamond - and offers to see a movie.
She'd offer to revise -his- name later. I mean, c'mon. C'mon people.
---
Exeunt Misery
Last edited by Brainbot on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:59 pm

The Purple Provoker

Johnny rolled his eyes at the look of contempt from Misery. Don't mind the half-dead man who came to save your silly ass, put himself into danger to cut off an army and nearly killed himself taking down two others.

Nope, no rewards for me, just your deepest looks of annoyance and contempt please.

He smiled, at least now he didn't have to feel bad about laying one on her. Or copping a feel. She hadn't kill him so she probably hadn't noticed. He wondered, absently, how one told an evil woman with a crossbow she needed a breath mint.

With a sigh he forced himself to his feet, and hobbled over to Moist and Dr Horrible, "Let me know when you're trying again. I'll see what I can do to get Normal or Sonny to give us a hand. They'll probably want to steal the credit for it though..."

He shrugs, smiles and walks for the door, pausing only to look at the Band Aids, "Hey, if that doesn't work for you let me know because I'll totally take it off your hands."

They looked up from the guitar, smiled and nodded in a way that meant "yeah right, we're just nodding to get rid of you" and went back to playing with their new toy. Oh well, the guitar was cool, but he had his own cool toys now.

He clapped Duke Rastafarian on the back, giving the Rasta a solid handshake and heads out the door.

There was still work to do after all.

"Hey, Diamond, get Matilda ready for another run, we have to lead the cops and the super heroes away from here," Johnny said as he passed.

Diamond's raised eyebrow and sour expression said volumes.

"I'll let the air out of their tires first! Come on, you know you want to show off your ride by outrunning the law one more time," He saw Diamond's resolve starting to waver, "It'll be fuuuuun!"

The aussie just shook his head and laughed at Johnny made his way towards the cops and heroes. He diligently went about his work, letting the air out of tires, taking bullets out of guns, tying shoes together, handcuffing people together in awkward positions (try explaining that one to the wife boyo!).

And then he came across the Gun Show. With a giggle he pulled a permanent marker from his belt, scribbled "I'm with stupid" on his forehead with an arrow pointing up. Then he scribbled in big block words "The Dumb Show" on both of the man's massive biceps.

"Johnny, what are you doing?"

"Nothing, Francis."

Johnny turned to look at Fabulous Fran, the Dancing Man, standing behind him as he admired his work.

"You know I can't let you get away with this."

"Oh? So then you're expecting..."

"Help with the renos on Friday. George's cooking a pie."

Johnny smiled. He had accidently came across Fran's secret a while ago. A secret so crippling it would have ruined his career. The fact that Fabulous Fran, the Dancing Man, the effeminate expert, stalwart champion of gay rights was in fact married to a woman named Georgia. Yes, the quintessential Homosexual Hero was heterosexual.

Johnny kept quiet about it. He knew what it was like to have his dreams dashed because of a silly misunderstanding. After all the man was exactly what he presented himself to be, a hero for homosexual people, and a bastion for their rights. It wasn't his fault he wasn't gay.

Fran appreciated Johnny's silence. And Georgia was the best cook he'd ever met.

"Looks like you got me again, hero."

Fran laughed girlishly, "So, is anybody going to get hurt?"

"Only me."

"Oh," Fran pursed his lips disapprovingly, hands on his hips, "Well, I suppose I can't stop you. I'll just go back over there and pretend to be shocked like the rest of them."

"How..."

"Honey, you don't want to know!"

He probably didn't.

He smiled, climbing on top of a car to look around at his handy work. Yes, this would do. And the people were starting to wake up.

It'd probably end badly but...

"Wake up everyone!
Something here to see!
It's imminent violence
In the middle of it me!
Yes the Provoking one is here,
sleeves blowing in the breeze,
Your day needs my ruining expertise!
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!"

Lady Justice, hair done into a disarrayed punk-pigtails by Johnny while she was out sat up looking angry.
"It seems destiny ends with me hating you!"
The Gun Show, face red at the defacing of his beloved arms jumped to his feet.
"The only doom that looming is me beating you to death!"
"So please give me a sec to run like heck!"

Johnny lept off the car, running as hard as he could for Matilda. He made it two steps before he saw Misery busy hitting on the utterly distracted Diamond. The engine wasn't even on.

He stopped, looking stupidly as he realized his escape plan just went up in smoke, "BALLS!"

Johnny yelled at the top of his lungs, running down the street like a mad man, chased by angry superhero, and the clicking of guns as cars slowly pulled out to follow him on flat tires.

"BALLS!!!" Johnny screams, running past Pummeler and Tie-Dye.

Pummeler, with a confused look, pulls out his ball bearings and tosses them on the ground, resulting in the swarms of people following Johnny to slip, fall, and otherwise get in each other's way.

The last thing they can see, is Johnny, running off into the sunset laughing maniacally.

Epilogue

Johnny ached all over. He managed to escape most of them, but a few managed to get close enough to hit him. And all that running hurt.

He sighed and looked up to the brilliant moon in the sky.

"Now what?" He asked, looking at the mask in his hands.

He wasn't a villain, he just wasn't evil enough. Petty and vindictive, maybe, but not evil. And he could never really be a superhero again. Well, again was probably the wrong word, but it worked.

But he had these amazing new powers. He could heal, and he could zap people with the hate buzzers he felt beneath his hands. It was too important to just walk away from.

The sad part was that he felt more alive today then he'd ever felt before. It wasn't the crime, no, or the beating up the good guys, because he felt just as good beating up the bad guys. It was that he had been making a difference. He'd been doing what was right. Maybe not legally right, but morally right.

He'd been helping people.

A woman screamed from across the road, running from a group of thugs chasing after her. She ducked into an alley, causing Johnny to wince. Cliché dictated that it was a dead end.

"EEEEEEEE::THUNK::"

Yup. Dead end.

The thugs laughed and slowly advanced on the dazed and trapped woman. Johnny felt sorry for her. To bad nobody was around.

He paused.

He was around.

Naw, he wasn't a good guy, he just liked... helping people... He didn't have to be a good guy to do good things, or a bad guy to do bad things.

Maybe he was looking at it all wrong. Instead of being a superhero... an anti-hero?

His hands buzzed, and he pulled his cowl into place, walking into the alley behind the thugs:

"It's a brand new me, I've got no regrets,
I'll do what's right so that no one forgets
I'm going to shock the world, gonna cause upsets
It's a brand new day!"

The thugs jumped, and looked at Johnny... no the Purple Provoker standing proudly behind him in his battered costume.

And the people will see the good in me,
I'm not a joke, not a dork, or a failure,
And the papers might lie, I might cry,
but I'll have taken a lease on a brand new life, oh ye-ah!

The punks looked at each other, laughed and started to advance on the Purple Provoker.

It's a brand new me, yeah the moon is high,
all you punks can laugh because you're gonna fry!
Go ahead and laugh, yeah I'm a funny guy
Here's my new war cry:
It's a Brand New Day!"

::ZAP::

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Brand New Day - Henchmen's Union [IC]

Postby Brainbot » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Habing reread the entire thread (Which I encourage you all to do), I'm utterly amazed by the cleverness and continuity of the whole matter. The only questions left are what happened to the Premier Pimp and Bait N' Switch?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Most of the after affects for the characters are found in the final post of the OOC Thread.

I don't think the Pimp really entered into the story so nothing was really mentioned on him.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Holy thread resurrection Batman. I hope to have more threads that run to conclusion like this and contain such awesome players. I'm off to a good start with the make-up of most of the games I'm in now. Finger's crossed.

Thanks for the memories.

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Was there ever any truth to the fact Joss Whedon and others read this thing? I say you fire off a few emails, Flyn. Only good things could happen (signed photos and junk?). But do it before the sequel gets any hotter.

I rate this as probably the best PBP I've ever played in, and the second best game ever. (It's second to a WW2 epic I ran over the course of a summer with a huge rotating roster, but I'm tinged by nostalgia for it. Good ol' Johnny Canuck!)

Golbez57
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Golbez57 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:14 am

I haven't visited the ATT with any regularity since the game wrapped, but stopped by this campaign from time-to-time to see there was any activity. Pleasant surprise this morning! Hope y'all are well. It was incredibly fun playing with you.
Pink Pummeler in Brand New Day: Henchmen's Union

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:19 pm

reread once more. OMG! You guys were awesome!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:48 pm

I think you meant "We're awesome".

Team effort you know. Can't have a good game without a good GM ;~)

Return to “M&M Game Room”