Way of the Fist: [IC] The Demon Dragon

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink
Contact:

Way of the Fist: [IC] The Demon Dragon

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 am

In the past couple of months you’ve been going about your normal routine, though it seems that lately you’ve been forced to deal with more ninja than usual. From their fighting style and the way their shōzoku, or uniform, is worn they seem to be members of the Hand. Clearly they have something in mind for you, aside from defeating you, but nothing certain has become clear to you yet.

There are also rumors and stories getting around certain circles involving the Hand going after other well known practitioners of the martial arts. Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, Elektra, Nightwing, Richard Dragon, Daredevil, Lady Shiva, White Tiger, Colleen Wing, and even the fabled Batman. This has left a combination of live and dead bodies to be accounted for by people of law, but still the reasons for the attacks are not really understood.

This combined with the fact that just six months ago the body of Matsu’o Tsurayaba, the long time leader of the Hand, was discovered in a New York alleyway brutally beaten and cut in excessive amounts. Clearly the Hand has come under the guidance of a new, unknown master who has bold plans for them.

From inquires that you’ve made over this time through your own connections and circles of contacts, you’ve discovered the following information;

--The recent attacks have something to do with an upcoming gathering of several highly skilled martial artists.

--This event is going to be happening very soon, though you cannot determine exactly when. It could be in two days, two weeks or it could be in two months, either way it is happening in New York City.

--Possible competitors have been trying to eliminate other possible participants before the event begins. Over the past few months there have been an increase in the amount of conflicts between various lesser known, but still skilled fighters.

--One of the latest pieces of information you’ve managed to get is that the Hand are currently working on establishing a base of operations in a place called Gotham City. They’ve been experiencing some difficulties in dealing with resistance there and some of their higher ranking members have been sent there to move things along.

At this point you feel it is in your best interests to take a closer look into the truth of this supposed event as well as the attacks by the Hand, whatever your reasons may be for doing so.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 15591
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:48 am

Tsurugi


Air travel had been a hassle for a while now, but trying to fly from Tokyo to Gotham with a katana on board was an enormus annoyance. Luckily, Tsurugi had been able to talk the airport employees into believing that the sword was nothing more than a well-made fake. And as he collected it from his baggage check (along with the rest of his meager belongings) he was glad to have it.

Gotham was...well, it wasn't Tokyo. It was like the darkest parts of Tokyo smashed into the busiest, with an aura of smoke and an air of unease. This was a city of danger. He didn't really know anything about it except that the Batman fought crime here and that the Hand was trying to establish a base here. The Japanese-American was here to fight the Hand, and try to learn more about why they were attacking martial artists. Perhaps it had something to do with this tournament he had heard about.

As he made his way into the bustling Gotham streets, Tsurugi checked into his small, cheap hotel and then hit the bricks, trying to find out whatever he could about the current state of affairs in this city. Even with his strange appearance (a mixture of Anglo and Japanese features) and his sword, he was hoping he wouldn't attract too much attention in this place.

Gather Information check 6+15=21 He probably hasn't been in Gotham long enough to use his Knowledge (streetwise).
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:40 am

Shinko

"Gotham? Why on Earth do you want to go to Gotham?" The middle-aged man had to shout in order to be heard over the din of the music. Even in the backroom, the walls where thumping with the rhythmic bass of the electro-punk band now performing live.

"I haven't been there." Shinko grinned, pulling the fashionably torn stockings up her legs. She was up next in the indy underground club's lineup hidden in the backstreets of Tokyo. "Besides! Isn't Gotham like the world capital of dark and messy stuff? If I want to keep up my image as dark and messy, it's the place to go; you can arrange it, ne, Goto-kun?"

She batted her eyes at him, being outrageously obvious about it, but it worked nonetheless on the aging Japanese rocker, now liaison between her and the Yakuza boss who claimed to be her sponsor.

"BESIDES!" She snapped her fingers at him with a wry smile. "If I have to pummel another ninja I'm gong to scream! I wanna go to the source of the pajama party, and your boss is too chickenshit to ask around what's with all the Naruto extra rejects. So! Gotham, plane, this weekend, got it? I don't mind tourist class. Having a gig waiting wouldn't hurt, but it's been a while since I walked into a bar just to get wasted, so it's not a priority either. "

Without waiting for a response, she stormed out of the room. The opening band was done and it was time for her to storm the stage.

***

The next weekend she endured U.S. customs as she climbed down from the plane. She always flagged airport security systems due to a couple of scuffles back in Japan leaving an official record of her disorderly conduct, but nothing to tag her as a national security issue. Besides, she was lucky that the officer processing her passport was male. She usually had her way with males.

"The photo in your passport..." The officer said, looking back and forth between her and the document. "You can't dye your hair for passport photos."

"Melanin deficiency." She leaned on the desk, her accent just barely noticeable, especially over the bright smile she flashed at him. "It's naturally white; cool, eh?"

The officer half-smiled back, then handed her back the passport. He typed some notes in his terminal, stealing a couple of glances at her, particularly the view below her chin.

"Ah... that's all, miss, welcome to Gotham; enjoy your visit."

"That's exactly what I'm going to do..." She giggled softly and winked, leaving the desk with her single duffel bag. She breathed in Gotham's night air deeply, nodding to herself before hailing a cab and go to the 3-star hotel her "manager" had booked for her.

Then it was off to check the list of nightclubs she had Googled before coming. Fun first, work later.

LasomBrujha
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby LasomBrujha » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:31 am

The Shadow

Lamont sat in his office late at night reading reports over the latest fiscal findings of the year current R&D directions and another document that he couldn't figure out.

Ya, just slip in and run things live as this boy and do what you can to save Gotham from itself. CEO's get all the money but nobody knows just how hard it is to run a company. I hate that old man
Bing!
Pulling up his email he reads how the Shareholders meeting has been pushed back several weeks

Thank you, now I can go out and do some work
"Margo I'm going, Keep an eye out for unusual activity and as always try to stear me far from the Bat."


"I'll see what I can do but no promises"

Lamont caught the express to the ground floor and got into his limo where he stoped in an ally 4 miles from crime ally here he could scare some small time thugs, gather info and maybe work his way up the food chain to the some bigger fish. Lamont found a shadow and slid in with his bag.

roll: stealth 1d20+16= 30

sneaking to an empty area he changed into his costume a reenforced shirt loose fitting slacks and a reenforced Trenchcoat with equipment hidden through-out, a red bandana and a Black fedora. Changed he took his bag and used his grappling gun to travel through the ally double backing to the limo and dropping his bag through the sunroof and continued his way to Crime Ally.

Crime Ally is probably the best place to keep your ears on the ground especially if it concerns the Bat. Of course Info is usualy what he wants people to know, but if someone is targeting him there will be rummors and clues.

roll: Gather Info 1d20 +12 =23
Off screen voice: Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords.
Doctor Who: Fear me, I've killed all of them.

User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby ClassDunce » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 am

Sam Barnes

“So what you’re saying is that Colleen was in New York, minding her own business and the Hand just jumped her?!” Sam was sitting at the round table in the dark and dingy club and he was for once ignoring the lady dancing on the main stage.

“Yep.” Bobby was a man of few words, “She lopped off a few hands with that sword of hers.”

“Shit.” Sam was not a man of few words but sometimes you just had to sit back and take it all in. “Looks like I’m heading to New York then…”

“Nope.”

“I’m not heading to New York?”

“Gotham.”

“What’s in Gotham?”

Bobby shrugged as a he flashed a handful of singles at the nearest girl walking the room. “Lots of fighters are going to Gotham right now. Kinda strange.”

“It’ll take me a while to hitch all the way to Gotham…” Sam said not subtly hinting about catching a ride.

“Truck stops down the street.”

And that was the end of the conversation as the young man left the club and headed down the street hoping to catch a ride to Gotham with a trucker who wouldn’t charge him something that he really didn’t want to pay. He got lucky and hitched a ride in the back of a pallet truck, making pretty decent time along the way.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:As he made his way into the bustling Gotham streets, Tsurugi checked into his small, cheap hotel and then hit the bricks, trying to find out whatever he could about the current state of affairs in this city. Even with his strange appearance (a mixture of Anglo and Japanese features) and his sword, he was hoping he wouldn't attract too much attention in this place.

Gather Information check 6+15=21 He probably hasn't been in Gotham long enough to use his Knowledge (streetwise).


After several hours of talking to the "right" people and catching bits and pieces of conversations you discover the following.
--Black Mask's False Face Society, Blockbuster's mob and the Maximillian Zues' Olympian Gang have been under attack. Each of them control various vices, the False Face's drug trade, the Olypian's gambling, and Blockbuster's prostitution specifically, have suffered the most under this latest wave of attacks. Right now everythings been peaceful, for Gotham, but it's being said that all three men are getting tired of the attacks and are starting to look seriously into which of their rivals is attempting to move in on their trades.

--Chinatown has been oddly quieter than usual, there has been some rumors of a new Triad coming into town and seemlessly taking hold over most the usual things and even managed to extend some of their area of influence. Some people are wondering if King Snake hasn't possibily returned from his exile.



LasomBrujha wrote:Crime Ally is probably the best place to keep your ears on the ground especially if it concerns the Bat. Of course Info is usualy what he wants people to know, but if someone is targeting him there will be rummors and clues.
roll: Gather Info 1d20 +12 =23



The streets are still buzzing about the "new" Batman.
--He's still pretty frickin' scary but the newer stories about him are missing something that the older ones have. Nobody can put a finger on what exactly but there has been a noticed changed in him. He still deals with criminals pretty much the same though, that hasn't changed one bit and neither has the fact that even if it's a "new" Bat the underworld is still scared of him.

--Chinatown has been oddly quieter than usual, there has been some rumors of a new Triad coming into town and seemlessly taking hold over most the usual things and even managed to extend some of their area of influence. Some people are wondering if King Snake hasn't possibily returned from his exile.

--Lately though it does seem that the Bat is attracting the attention of guys who just wanna trade punches with him, most of them seem to be types you'd see the Triads using. But he's handled them without much problem so far.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Grappler Baki
Baki held the piece of paper up against the green sign alongside the highway. The name matches and there are only two symbols beside it instead of three. I must be closer. And so, after weeks of travel, first traveling in the hold of a small ship across the seas -- I still think I could swim the distance... -- and then days loping down the side of this long road, Baki Hanma was almost come to Gotham.

It had all started when he had caught wind of the tournament being held in Gotham. He had just challenged and defeated the teacher and students of a dojo in Japan -- Weaklings... good at breaking boards, mind you, but boards don't hit you. Lots of dancing around, took a while to land a blow, but once I did... WHAM! -- when a ninja showed up with the same intent. Baki took him on, as he did all other challengers. Tricky little runt too... that Shadow Clone technique meant I had to defeat a lot of him, but I did and handily. From him, Baki had found the invitation. I'm just glad the teacher of the school was still conscious and willing to read it to me. Then, he told me where to find a ship that would take me to California. Gave me a piece of paper with the town's name too, so that I could follow the signs. A full week it took me to get from there to here. He'd had a map given to him by a passing motorist, but it fell apart in the rainstorm a few nights before. Why the hell do they make things so flimsy around here? Rain, storm, curious gawkers, nervous police, and the occasional stray dog had not detered him in his steady trek. Gotham City... what a strange name for a town. I hope they're ready for me!

User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 am

Three days earlier:

In a darkened room somewhere, a man sits in an ornate chair at a table going over several different pieces of paper that have been brought to him. All around him his minions, all wearing matching shōzoku, kept quiet while he worked in expectation of his coming orders.

Across the room a man wearing a unique outfit of orange and black inserted two of his fingers between the edges of the blind over the one lone window in the room and forcing them apart, allowing him to glimpse the setting sun. Like the others in the room he said nothing, the silence of the room seemed to almost a thing that could be felt by all in it.

Sitting in the corner, separate from the other lower ranked men was a second man dressed uniquely, with a deep brown and maroon pattern that resembled some kind of snarling animal. He played with one of the several knives held in various sheaths all over his body, with a simple and quick upward motion of his wrist the knife flipped through the air, end over end until its climb peaked and then it started to drop down back into his waiting grasp. His fingers closed around the handle, tightening for several seconds, showing his unease with the waiting that he’d been doing. Yet he didn’t say a single word, he knew better.

Finally the man in the chair broke the silence, the sound of the paper being wadded up in his hand cut through the silence of the room causing several of the uniform minions to jump in anticipation of being the subject of their master’s displeasure. Instead of moving from his seat the man simply looked to the uniquely dressed pair as his voice filled the room, it wasn’t a pleasant sounding voice. It had the sound of a man who was used to yelling out orders, with an hoarse nature to it from years of use, but clearly had a tone that was very used to being obeyed.

“Still the Batman manages to interfere in our operations. I tire of his impudence, thinking that he alone has designs for Gotham. You two are to leave immediately for Gotham and refocus our agents there in my plans.”

The man at the window said nothing, simply nodding and removing his fingers from the blind, removing the last bits of fading sunlight from the room. He walked silently towards the door as the man with the knives stood up with a wicked grin growing across his face.

“Master.” He said as he bowed slightly in the direction of the man sitting.

“What?” The man at the table looked directly at him.

“Is there a message to pass on for the leader in Gotham, Lin Gu?” The look in his eyes showed a cruelness hidden within the question.

“Yes. Show him what a lack of strong leadership and will can do to a leader.” The man knew what was being asked and he gave his permission for the example to be made.

“I will show him the error of his ways Master.” The knife-wielding man’s grin turned into almost a full smile at this point as he stood shoulder to shoulder with the silent man in orange and black and together they both bowed towards their Master before leaving the room without another word.


------------------------------------------------------------------------


Present Day [a few hours after Tsurugi first arrived in Gotham]:

The man in orange and black said nothing as he watched to lesser members carry out the body of Lin Gu. As the knife-carrying man walked out of the room behind them his smile was wide.

“I think he’s learned his lesson.” Looking over at his counterpart and noting the attention he’s being given. “This will teach the others what will happen if they continue to fail our Master. It is that simple, succeed or die.”

The man in orange and black seems to start to speak but another lesser ninja approaches with a piece of paper held out towards the two men, and he instead stays silent.

The man with knives takes the paper and quickly reads over it, once he is done his smile only widens.

“According to our agents around the city it seems that there are a few people who we have been trying to neutralize have decided to come to us now.” He holds the note up for the man in orange and black to see. “Tsurugi and Shinko have just came into town a few hours ago. Plus given that annoying Shadow person is based here as well, it’s just simply a sign that we should be the ones to deal with them.”

The man in orange and black once again only nods in response and points to the barracks the lesser members used and made a circling motion with his other finger.

The smile grew deeper as he watched the motions. “Agreed.” The knife covered man replied and looked to the ninja who had brought the note to him. “Gather the men and shortly we shall show you how to correct the errors Lin Gu had made.”
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

LasomBrujha
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby LasomBrujha » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:17 pm

The Shadow

Making my way to Chinatown
Dick might be able to take care of himself but I'll head overthere to see what is going on with my own eyes maybe put the fear of the dark into some thugs while I'm at it

"Margo keep me in the loop on things comming my way I plan on being in Chinatown for the night."
"Ok Lamont, just be safe and don't do anything stupid."
"You know me."
"Ya I do know you so please don't do any stupid."
"I'll try but I can't promise stupid won't come looking for me."

Landing next to a stone dragon on top of a resturaunt in Chinatown
So lets see just what there is to do in this part of town at this time of night.

roll: notice 1d20 + 4 = 15
Off screen voice: Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords.
Doctor Who: Fear me, I've killed all of them.

User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Shinko

Shinko had only been here a couple of hours and she already loved Gotham. It was a city on the edge of its seat, and she could just feel the tension in the streets and alleys. Her dragon-sight told her the chi flows in this place were all screwed up, something which her Master, the Accomplished Great Physician, would decry with a stern shaking of his august head, but Shinko herself was reveling on it. Such raw energy just loose and going nowhere, creating eddies and floods as well as starving other places with no rhyme or reason...

But she wasn't in tracking mode and just let her awareness of the breath of the world fade into the background of her consciousness. She had hit two clubs already and decided they were too posh for her liking. She was here for the seedy experience. Asking around had been of little help, though (Gather Information 7+5=12), so she was now content on just walking around, exploring and not minding becoming lost. She did have her eyes open for anything interesting (Notice 3+13=16); this was, after all, the city where the fabled Batman prowled the nights, although right now she'd just settle for any crowded, loud place to get a drink and dance to hard music.

User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 15591
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Tsurugi

There was so much crime in Gotham, it nearly staggered Tsurugi. Where to begin? Chinatown was probably his best bet. It seemed there were new players in town there, he wondered if these Triads had any connection to the Hand. He headed there next, moving faster than seemed possible for one person, apparently disappearing only to reappear many feet away every so often. If the Hand was here in Gotham, then he would have to be ready. It seemed that even with Batman in this city, there was always danger around every corner.

User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Shinko

Shinko didn't realize she had arrived in Chinatown until she realized whole sentences fit into little signs on the closed storefronts. She grimaced. Of all places to go, the local Chinatown would've been the last on her list. Her hopes of finding a good bar plummeted. She avoided all the Chinatowns in the American cities she visited, not only because she thought of herself as more Japanese despite half her blood and martial arts training hailing from China, but because she found them supremely dull. She actually didn't expect to find any fun place open at this time of night, so her best bet for directions out of here would be any idiot who, like her, was out at night.

It did cross her mind to ask about the martial arts happenings that had brought her to Gotham in the first place, but she had planned to do that tomorrow, after getting rid of the jetlag and a hangover she had yet to get drunk for.

So, she shook her head and walked towards a random direction. She began to sing one of the pieces in her usual act, a Japanese gothic-cute song that was sure to bring out all sorts of unwanted attention. At least if she was mugged she could get to have some fighting fun AND some directions from whatever thug she would leave conscious.

User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Grappler Baki
As Baki crossed the border into Gotham, he could feel the difference immediately. The city had a brooding undertone of violence to it. Good. Maybe I can get a good fight in. He continued padding down the main road, searching for an opportunity. A martial arts school would be good. I can challenge them for the right to room and board. Find out who to challenge in town. Maybe even do a little teaching. All else fails, I camp in an alley somewhere. Or a park... do they have a park? He racked his brains, but couldn't think of anything. Meanwhile, he passed a few schools, but passed them up. That one looks to have kids in it. That one is just women stretching. That one is... I don't know what they think they're doing, but that's not martial arts. Gonna get killed on the streets with techniques like that. Finally, he came upon a possible place. He wasn't entirely certain what the sign read, but they had icons of people grappling, a set of boxing gloves, and the image of a fist. Hmmph. I guess I get to find out if this town is worth anything. He walked up to the door, opened it, and stepped in. There was a boxing ring in the center, currently occupied by two men in shorts doing light sparring. Off to the sides, there were hanging and standing bags with various people working out on them. They look strong, at least. He walked over to the nearest hanging bag and threw an easy punch at it, knocking it off of its chain to burst against the wall. Having everybody's attention, he flexed his mighty quads and leapt into the center of the ring, the two men scattering to opposite corners as he landed. In broken English, he made his pronouncement.
"I am Baki Hanma, feared throughout China as the strongest and the toughest. I wander the world, looking for worthy opponents. I challenge any one of you to combat. If I win, you put me up for the night. You win and you get all I carry on my back, which includes a number of pawnable Chinese artifacts. So, is there anyone man enough to fight me?"

OOC: Just for the sake of weeding out those who would be unworthy, Intimidate on the lot of them. Invisible Castle is down, but on the WotC page, I got a 16. 16+16=32 for the Intimidate.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 am

The Shadow wrote:Making my way to Chinatown
Dick might be able to take care of himself but I'll head overthere to see what is going on with my own eyes maybe put the fear of the dark into some thugs while I'm at it

"Margo keep me in the loop on things comming my way I plan on being in Chinatown for the night."
"Ok Lamont, just be safe and don't do anything stupid."
"You know me."
"Ya I do know you so please don't do any stupid."
"I'll try but I can't promise stupid won't come looking for me."

Landing next to a stone dragon on top of a resturaunt in Chinatown
So lets see just what there is to do in this part of town at this time of night.

roll: notice 1d20 + 4 = 15


Given the time of night, Chinatown is still fairly busy. People still searching through various vendors spots for whatever it was that brought them to the market in the first place, several families coming and going from the restaurants, including a gathering of four street thugs who are hovering around the corner and near their car parked only a few feet away. They seem to be keeping an eye on things, though it‘s hard to tell if they are looking for troublemakers or how to be trouble themselves. That is until one of the vendors from one of the food shops walks over in a rushed manner carrying an arm full of wrapped food and without a word passes it to the group of younger men. Once he has unloaded his delivery he gives them a short bow, turns around and walks back towards his street shop twice at almost a jogging pace.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink
Contact:

Re: Way of the Fist: [IC] The Gathering

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 am

Shinko wrote:Shinko didn't realize she had arrived in Chinatown until she realized whole sentences fit into little signs on the closed storefronts. She grimaced. Of all places to go, the local Chinatown would've been the last on her list. Her hopes of finding a good bar plummeted. She avoided all the Chinatowns in the American cities she visited, not only because she thought of herself as more Japanese despite half her blood and martial arts training hailing from China, but because she found them supremely dull. She actually didn't expect to find any fun place open at this time of night, so her best bet for directions out of here would be any idiot who, like her, was out at night.

It did cross her mind to ask about the martial arts happenings that had brought her to Gotham in the first place, but she had planned to do that tomorrow, after getting rid of the jetlag and a hangover she had yet to get drunk for.

So, she shook her head and walked towards a random direction. She began to sing one of the pieces in her usual act, a Japanese gothic-cute song that was sure to bring out all sorts of unwanted attention. At least if she was mugged she could get to have some fighting fun AND some directions from whatever thug she would leave conscious.


Sure enough your choice in singing material does bring some extra attention from the other people on the street. While most seem to be older than you and are more confused by your musical choices, mannerisms, and way of dressing and while they say nothing the looks they give you show that they do not approve of your choices. While the younger people who see you are a mixture of responses, whereas the older generations didn’t approve of your various choices the younger seem very interested in you for those reasons. Some even manage to recognize you and work up the nerve to approach you, in mass, for an autograph or three. Amid a gaggle of giggling and hiding of faces behind hands and hi-pitched, rapid talking in Chinese that you just manage to keep up with amid the chaos of their conversation and telling you how they love your work, how you manage to get your hair that color, what was it like playing in a certain location, and things of that nature.

Roll a Notice Check. If Invisible Castle still isn‘t working I‘m willing to go on the honor system for right now.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests