NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Looking for Interest)

Post by Arkrite » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Updated Lex's character sheet.

After making a fool out of myself I've discovered how Absorb is supposed to work, which is the opposite of what I was expecting. As such I've made a mistake on the build and need to repair that.

Absorption has been replaced by Immunity Electricity, and the rest of the points have gone into a reaction healing power that only works when in contact with electricity (wall socket levels at least), and a conscious version which I'm a little uncomfortable with. I also didn't spend all the points I could have on that AP, but like I said I wasn't feeling comfortable with it at higher "controllable" levels. Even if it is only a personal power.

Cleaned up the sheet a little.
Also, Lex's "normal" mode is how he normally goes around school. Anything that would block his powers would also block his healing abilities.

Please feel free to let me know if I've missed something, or if I should make some more alterations.

ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by ZuluEchoNovember » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:23 pm

Arkrite,

Rather than building the power as Personal, Reactive Healing a better way may be as Regeneration with the Source flaw.
Characters and concepts: Z.E.N. Buildism
FCU Fiction: Oliver's Story

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Indeed, that is a far more graceful way of doing it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:41 pm

Salutations and wow! Thank you to everyone who responded with some simply stunning character concepts. At the moment, I'm narrowing down the candidates. By the looks of the things, I'll probably be extending the table just a smidgen to accommodate my inability to decide between some of you. I should have a definite list up here sometime tomorrow.

Until then however, if you've thrown your hat in before now and have been working on something, feel free to post it and I'll take it under consideration.

Again, thanks for responding. Like I said, I'll try and have a list of players up tomorrow and play can begin shortly thereafter.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:56 pm

Updated Lex's character sheet using Z.E.N.'s wonderful suggestion.

Allows for him to heal minor wounds well, and be capable of moving again after a bad fight in a shorter period of time. He's no Wolverine (all healing requires rest), but it's functional. And I avoided the bane of Regeneration (Recovery Unconscious should never be allowed in my humble opinion. Once per round? Yikes.).

All in all feels useful without being too powerful. Kind of have to close the eyes and pretend on the actual "electrical absorption", but I believe imaginations are a requirement on these boards ;~)

One power point goes into skills, another into Features because... I couldn't think of anything.

Also fixed up a bunch of inconsistencies on the sheets after my last fix.

Reaper
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by Reaper » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Bummer I didn't quite put anything together fast enough for this game (Been working to much lately I think). Good luck to everyone. This looks to be a great game in the making.
"Nothing here, just a master and his droid, not planning anything evil, move along."
~HK-47

Jack Deveraux - X-Freshman

Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Bluecross » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:04 am

I've updated my submission: changed the background slightly to reflect a 'mutant' source for Stinger's powers; and added a build. Looking forward to a game.... (I hope!)
"I know gun fu"

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:04 am

Arkrite wrote: One power point goes into skills, another into Features because... I couldn't think of anything.
A Ranged Detect Electricity?

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Hopefully, one last edit of Jason, dropping his DEX to 10, he's now entirely unremarkably physically, as he should be. Used the resultant 2 points to give him Improved Initative and 2 ranks of Mental Quickness.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Hopefully, one last edit of Jason, dropping his DEX to 10, he's now entirely unremarkably physically, as he should be. Used the resultant 2 points to give him Improved Initative and 2 ranks of Mental Quickness.
Have you considered Speed of Thought? It's a feat out of the Mastermind's Manual that applies the Int mod to initiative checks?

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Doh! That fits Jason quite well, and is much better, benefit-wise.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 pm

So, we would be in the Class of 2011? Will have to set my head for all the things that *haven't* happened yet in your stories.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:07 pm

flynnarrel wrote:So, we would be in the Class of 2011? Will have to set my head for all the things that *haven't* happened yet in your stories.
Yes, the PCs will be representing the school's Class of 2011. There won't be too much to forget. Most of what's happened isn't really public knowledge. Anything that is though, I'll hint at in game. For instance, during your first day of school, the news will break that an SPB war has erupted in the skies over New York City--Deimos versus the Vindicators from the end of beatae memoriae.

Not long into your second semester, expect there to be a new arrival at the school: Venefica. Also, around the same time period, rumors will begin that your math teacher, Mister Anders, is dating an American girl named Clarissa. Things like that...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:16 pm

As I've discussed with a few of you, the selection process turned out to be incredibly difficult. There were some amazing characters submitted and, ultimately, I extended the size of this virtual table from six to eight. Unfortunately, I can't accommodate everyone and these are the PCs who'll be joining the New Vindicators Academy of Europe...
  • Martin B. Curie / Fluxx
    Eve Robbins / Eve
    Vladislav Radikovich / Candyman
    Viktor DeGallow / Impasse
    Jack Rexroth / Greystone
    Jason Lamperouge
    Alex Murphy / Current
    Randy O'Shae / Gae' Bolg

I should have a thread going to open game play later tonight.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 pm

flynnarrel wrote:A Ranged Detect Electricity?
I had thought about it, but he starts to look like another electrical super speeder I knew ;~)

Michuru> Is there a roll call thread you would like us to post our character sheets to for easy reference?