NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Arkrite wrote:
flynnarrel wrote:A Ranged Detect Electricity?
I had thought about it, but he starts to look like another electrical super speeder I knew ;~)

Michuru> Is there a roll call thread you would like us to post our character sheets to for easy reference?
That depends. I was planning on updating my setting information with links to your individual posts in this thread, but that would be buried on the second page. I've kept your information in Microsoft One Note for my own reference so, if it's for my own convenience, all is well. Still, if any of you want to, you're more than welcome to post the builds in my Roll Call thread or your own--whichever you prefer will work.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:27 pm

As of this moment, play begins.

When we get to rolling dice, we'll be using InvisibleCastle (that's pretty much the standard, right?) since my woes with it have been resolved. If this is a problem for anyone, let me know and we'll find an alternative.

ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Looking for Interest)

Post by ZuluEchoNovember » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Okay, Michuru, I've changed the luminescent aura. I figured the glow would hinder stealth checks which would be worth drawback points, and I left the difficulty for others to directly look at her as a complication.
Last edited by ZuluEchoNovember on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Characters and concepts: Z.E.N. Buildism
FCU Fiction: Oliver's Story

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 am

Erm... Obvious is a 1 point drawback and gives +20 to the DC of stealth checks. (UP p. 18)

I wanted to check that the slight mods I made to Fluxx were alright.

ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by ZuluEchoNovember » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:57 am

Arg, you're right, fly.

Okay, I tweaked the build some more. Eve is now under-capped in combat, since I got rid of the Unarmed specialization to get back down to 120pp. I'm not sure what to do about that just yet.
Characters and concepts: Z.E.N. Buildism
FCU Fiction: Oliver's Story

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Manintights » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:03 am

hey guys,

nice to see the game has allready started up. I'll try to get the character sheet for Gae Bolg done today, but I'm having some difficulties.

If I want to have some powers available only while in alternate form, but not as a part of the alternate form itself, how would I go about doing that? Linking the powers seems obvious but I'm not sure that's what I'm shooting at here.

MIT
"As my father taught, 'Training will raise your shield to the blow, but courage fills the gaps the shield leaves open.'"

Play by post games:

New Vindicators: [Gae Bolg]

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Putting links to everyone stats on the first page of this thread probably isn't a bad idea.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Putting links to everyone stats on the first page of this thread probably isn't a bad idea.
I'm on it. Also, random question: are any of your colorblind? I was making a really terrible map for our first combat and began using colors to differentiate certain terrain markers and... thought I should find out if labels would be necessary...

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm

I can see all colours so far as I know.
Just don't ask me to name them ;~)

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Manintights » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:56 pm

no color blindness here either.

I'm working on Randy's sheet at this very moment. Give me a couple more hours and I'll at least have the stats done.

MIT
"As my father taught, 'Training will raise your shield to the blow, but courage fills the gaps the shield leaves open.'"

Play by post games:

New Vindicators: [Gae Bolg]

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Map away Michiru. We'll muddle through I'm sure.

And I wanted to apologize...there was a heap of gameplay that I missed out on either because of work or sleepin', so I hope I don't slow you all down. Work eats up about 12 or so hours of my day, so if Vlad turns out to be more taciturn than some other members of the group, it's just 'cause he's so impressed by all you western europeans and americans. I do solemnly swear to read all posts and keep up though.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Map away Michiru. We'll muddle through I'm sure.

And I wanted to apologize...there was a heap of gameplay that I missed out on either because of work or sleepin', so I hope I don't slow you all down. Work eats up about 12 or so hours of my day, so if Vlad turns out to be more taciturn than some other members of the group, it's just 'cause he's so impressed by all you western europeans and americans. I do solemnly swear to read all posts and keep up though.
I was somewhat in the same boat, but I did it to myself. :-p I have no idea why I was thinking I needed to role opposed checks for Quintessence, Apex and Lluvia against Eve's Diplomacy but... I did. With my cell phone, posting here isn't much of a problem so... I spent most of the day at work reading everyone's posts (don't tell my boss) anxious to get home to my internet connection so I could roll the needless rolls and continue the game.

My excuse: I used to be blonde.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm

So, did any of us actually take Freshman year here?

Might Martin have gotten a hold of old yearbooks, looked through them? Would they have them at the school library?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:36 pm

flynnarrel wrote:So, did any of us actually take Freshman year here?

Might Martin have gotten a hold of old yearbooks, looked through them? Would they have them at the school library?
No, yes and yes: my primary goal was to make you all sophomores because 1) it meant the Sophomore Blitz, 2) it would keep the characters at the school longer than if they started in their senior year, 3) it made you all the same year and most importantly 4) it means you don't know what happened the previous year. As you've already started to discern, something happened the previous year at the school and it involved Cornelis' best friend Lexus.

Yearbooks are on hand in the library and I'll have no problems with you going there and getting what information you can from them.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:28 pm

What did Vlad's transformation look like?