NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:00 pm

flynnarrel wrote:What did Vlad's transformation look like?
Speaking of Vlad, it's thanks to Horsenhero that I have a certain song stuck in my head...

Thanks so much, Horsenhero... :-p
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

The Transformation: Walking next to Martin, Vlad breaks out in a sweat. A full body sheen, but within moments it begins to alter in color, to the color of green, sour apple, hard candy. At that point a sugary goo erupts from Vlad's pores rapidly covering his entire body. Mere seconds after that, the concoction hardens into a flexible, sugary exoskeleton (think Iceman, but made of jolly ranchers). Every stride, every move he makes at this point is accompanied by the quiet sound of sticky candy being pulled free of whatever surface he touches. He also smells like candy. He has become walking, talking sugar-shock.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Horsenhero wrote:The Transformation: Walking next to Martin, Vlad breaks out in a sweat. A full body sheen, but within moments it begins to alter in color, to the color of green, sour apple, hard candy. At that point a sugary goo erupts from Vlad's pores rapidly covering his entire body. Mere seconds after that, the concoction hardens into a flexible, sugary exoskeleton (think Iceman, but made of jolly ranchers). Every stride, every move he makes at this point is accompanied by the quiet sound of sticky candy being pulled free of whatever surface he touches. He also smells like candy. He has become walking, talking sugar-shock.
This is by far one of my most favorite concepts for a character ever.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 pm

The janitors and the diabetics will hate you. ;~)

ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by ZuluEchoNovember » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Wow, lots of posting since I last checked earlier today. I'll try to catch up and post something of quality.

A question: What do the uniforms look like? I didn't factor in any Protection from a uniform for Eve either.
Characters and concepts: Z.E.N. Buildism
FCU Fiction: Oliver's Story

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:58 pm

ZuluEchoNovember wrote:Wow, lots of posting since I last checked earlier today. I'll try to catch up and post something of quality.

A question: What do the uniforms look like? I didn't factor in any Protection from a uniform for Eve either.
That's fine. I don't expect anyone to pay for the uniforms (especially if they have no need for them). The basic idea is that there is a plain, no-benefits one available for anyone who doesn't need the protection they offer.

I went ahead and quickly sketched out what the standard uniform looks like in my head. Don't laugh too hard at my lack of artistic talent and out-of-proportion figures. ;)

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Looking for Interest)

Post by flynnarrel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:01 pm

With uniform.
flynnarrel wrote: Fluxx
Martin B. Curie
Pl8 PP120

Str 10 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 16 Wis 12 Cha 10 [18pp]
Ref 3+5 Fort 2+4 Will 1+3 [12pp]
Toughness: 2+ 4 Defensive Roll +2 tough +2 uniform = +10 / +6 flatfooted

Skills: [10pp] Knowledge: Physical science +4 (+7), Acrobatics +4 (+7), Notice +6 (+7), Escape Artist +4 (+7/+12), Sense Motive +4 (+5), Craft: Chemicals +4 (+7), Medicine +2 (+3), Computers +2 (+5), Stealth +4(+7), Concentration +4(+5), Languages - French (Native), English, German.

Feats:[21pp] Evasion, Improved Grab, Grappling Finesse, Prone Fighting, Attack Specialization – Grapple, Instant Up, Eidetic Memory, Improved Pin, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge 2, Improved Initiative, Attack Specialization – Unarmed, Attack Focus – Melee 2, Tough 2, Equipment 1

Equipment: Vindicator uniform (commlink, Protection 2, Quick Change, immunity (half effect): heat/cold)
{Martin has discovered that he can break the uniform down and re-encase himself at need, but doing so has degredated some of the thermal insulation properties of the material.}

Combat: BDB +4[8pp] +2Dodge = +6 / +2 Flatfooted
BAB +4 [8pp] / +6 Melee / +8 Unarmed attack
Grapple: +6 Melee +2 Grapple specialization +5 Elongation
initiative: +7

Powers:
Insubstantial 1 [5pp]
{His Body can destabilize, breaking into the component chemicals in a loose, multi-colored puddle.}
Elongation pr 5 [5pp], 100 ft, +5 Grapple
{His amorphous body can stretch to great lengths in seconds}
Immunity: Suffocation, Poison, Critical Hits,[5pp]
Super senses (smell): Acute(1), Analytical(1) (Chemical Composition, Volume), Tracking(1), Accurate (2), Extended Smell (1); [6pp]
{*Can create a radius sense of what chemicals are around him, can differentiate by chemical signatures, but is foiled by a sealed ziplock bag, or in a Vacuum.}

Immunity (half effect), Sustained Duration: All Physical Damage [20pp+4AP]
{It’s hard to physically hurt someone whose molecular bonds give way, only to reform after}
AP:Snare, Engulf, pr 10
{Martin can fully slither over someone}
AP:Corrosion, pr 10
{Martin can also manipulate the chemical bonds of things he grasps, breaking them down…}
AP:Transmutation, Continuous, Touch Range, pr 4
{… or rearranging them…}
AP: Healing, Standard Action, Total, PR 5
{…including Restoration of healthy tissue in himself and others.}

Drawbacks: Vulnerability: Radiation, Uncommon, Moderate (+50%) -2
{Martin is, however, more susceptible to attacks that bombard cells with free radicals and ions which disrupts his ability to manipulate his own chemical structures.}

Appearance: Martin is 5 foot 4, still not grown into his adult height. He has sandy blond hair and light brown eyes. He wore glasses until his eyes corrected themselves and still unconsciously ‘adjusts’ them, especially when nervous.

Complications:
Puddle -
Science -

Anomaly
Champion
Champion

Post by Anomaly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

I have to apologize for Viktor's glaring arrogance. I'm channeling an old friend of mine.
Just wanted to make you all aware I'm not like that ;) Well... most the time. Had to change his color just a little bit to make it easier to read. Don't know what I was thinking with that almost black tone...
Player of: Amalgam Anomaly Impasse Coulomb

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:10 pm

Initially, Impasse struck me as a Paragon-lite personality wise. You're certainly not as bad yet as the Italian Nephilim, though.

Anomaly
Champion
Champion

Post by Anomaly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Once Viktor gets around to finding a tailor of some kind... this is the general idea of what his suit should look like.

Champions Online is at least good for making costume designs. I would have liked to have run a v pattern from the tip of the shoulders, across the black part of the breastplate (along the top of the orange piece) and down to a point at the first part of the ab plating, but that wasn't an option.

I did find a nice general purpose Vindicators outfit however if anyone wants to see it.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 pm

I think Current's going to pull a Rogue and find himself a jacket to wear over his suit.

And probably heavier knee high boots with some better traction on them. Maybe safety glasses to keep the bugs out of his eyes.

Beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

Also, don't let anybody get you down about your drawing skills. My drawing skills result in mangled stick figures. ;~)

Anomaly
Champion
Champion

Post by Anomaly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:02 pm

I went ahead and quickly sketched out what the standard uniform looks like in my head. Don't laugh too hard at my lack of artistic talent and out-of-proportion figures.
Dude, I still demand a copy of the Jaclyn picture. It needs to be enshrined

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks Michiru on the complement on the character concept. Like Anomaly, I hope Vlad's characterization isn't putting anyone off. A young lady friend of mine is doing Peace Corps work in Eastern Europe and I'm kind of basing my characterization of Vlad off of attitudes and lifestyles she encounters there. I'm just a little leery of turning him into too much of a bumpkin.

As for his New Vindicators Uniform, Vlad will probably cover the legs with heavy dungarees, get a good, sturdy pair of work boots and work gloves to replace what's there and remove the sleeves, essentially turning the whole thing into a sort of "Super-Manual-Labor-Guy" outfit. Skin tight uniforms would probably strike his personal ethical code as slightly immodest and unseemly, at least on him. He's way too much in awe of all these first-worlders to even dare venture an opinion on what might or might not be proper for them to wear.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:09 pm

I was trying to convey that Martin wasn't trying to sound boastful or like he was lording his abilities over people (or even thinks they are 'all that'). He looks nervous most of the time in big groups.

Just imagine him saying "Eez zat okay?" after almost every sentence.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Thanks Michiru on the complement on the character concept. Like Anomaly, I hope Vlad's characterization isn't putting anyone off. A young lady friend of mine is doing Peace Corps work in Eastern Europe and I'm kind of basing my characterization of Vlad off of attitudes and lifestyles she encounters there. I'm just a little leery of turning him into too much of a bumpkin.

As for his New Vindicators Uniform, Vlad will probably cover the legs with heavy dungarees, get a good, sturdy pair of work boots and work gloves to replace what's there and remove the sleeves, essentially turning the whole thing into a sort of "Super-Manual-Labor-Guy" outfit. Skin tight uniforms would probably strike his personal ethical code as slightly immodest and unseemly, at least on him. He's way too much in awe of all these first-worlders to even dare venture an opinion on what might or might not be proper for them to wear.
I've always been a bit more of an auditory writer: I emphasize what's said but typically neglect the visual image of things. Regardless, over the years, we've had hordes of variations on the uniform... Most notably: Hourglass' uniform is sleeveless and forms a mini skirt. She wears a black bandanna (to keep her long hair out of her face when she's fighting super baddies, naturally) and black and white stripped thigh-high socks; Rumble's forms into a divided black skirt and has long, white princess gloves; Backlash wears jeans with a black, pullover hooded sweatshirt done in the design; Frostbite wears a black T-shirt in that design with khaki pants bunched into military-issue boots and a black trench coat over that.

Mostly, at least for the Vindicators, the idea is that the black and white identifies them as Vindicators. So what if there are chains crossed over the chest or it's a utility vest or football jersey with your codename and "137" on the back? Everyone has their own style.