NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 3

A few answers to the question ran through Jack's brain, many of which reflected the fact he was pissed that this giant-sized, rock bodied, twelve year old had took a cheap shot at him and connected. Jack was sure there were a number of people back at the school who'd have loved to have seen it too.

Jack remembered that Vlad had often told him that the American needed to work on picking his battles. This wasn't the time or place for a fight and more than likely he'd just have to let the slight go.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." He said, though he was thinking he was more sorry that he couldn't return the slap instead of what he'd said that had upset Bulwark.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 »

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
"Yeah, I'm sorry."

The warden reattached his hand. "Then that'll do." He spread his arms out wide. "Let's hug it out."

The Nephilim continued to moan and wail.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1

"Ohmigod, I'm so happy for you!" Violet jumped to give Kirstie a hug. After a few seconds, she let go but kept her hand on the girl's shoulder. "But this is the twenty-first century! You're not giving. You know what you want and you're taking it. Right girls?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal

"You're as tender as a boulder,
And your eyes are full of dirks,
Rose the wiiiiitch,
I've seen her reflection run from her own cruel smirk."

Lex joins in gamely, struggling to remember the rhyming scheme..

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
[Otso Karell]

Otso shrugged, slowly, a little warily. He picked up a book and showed it to Juozas. "An Icelandic copy of the Poetic Edda." The werebear picked up another book, this one more modern looking, along with a half-filled notebook.

"I'd been comparing it to an English translation, making notes about the details, mostly out of curiousity. Of course, the pen tends to snap in my hands now, I'm still working on that part."

"I've actually been studying some books about Zen Buddhism, to see if meditating would help me with my current condition. Not much progress with that, but I am working with translations instead of original works. I haven't learned any of the local languages yet..."

Otso had moved about the room energetically at first, even forgetting his incorporeal guest couldn't handle the books he presented the other youth with. But towards the end he lurched to a halt with his back turned to Juozas and hands hanging limply by his sides.

"I'm sorry Juozas. I'm sorry about the mess I made when I went to Africa, about how I screwed up everything and got your dad killed."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Kas was absolutely shocked when the warden slapped Jack across the face with his stone hand. First, it was disconcerting to see anyone casually snap off an appendage like that, even if he'd just destroyed one as an example of how well he healed. Secondly, it was unconscionable to treat a prisoner this way... especially one that was cooperating with you. This entire world was mad.

Still, Jack shrugged off the blow, so Kas kept quiet about it, grinding his teeth in anger. When the warden opened his arms wide, Kas shook his head.
"Lets hug it out."

"Nein. I would rather not, danke."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 »

THE MALL (Violet; NPCs: Beatrice, Eve, Kirstie, Sarah, Tatjana)
Eve echoed Violet's enthusiasm. Beatrice alone looked frigid. "But, you're both so young," she said.

"We're both sixteen," Kirstie said matter-of-factly. "We've been dating for five months."

"I've been dating Otso for just as long," Beatrice said, "but I wouldn't... I mean, we aren't..." She started to turn red.

"Well, not everyone is," Tatjana said, putting an arm around the French girl. "It's not like there's a chart somewhere that says after so many months, you have to put out. Regardless of what guys may think."

Beatrice's eyes bulged. "You... don't think Otso thinks that way, do you?"

Tatjana looked to the other girls for help.

NVAE: BAND ROOM (Lex; NPCs: Doug)
Doug stopped play suddenly. "Wait, you've seen her reflection?" he asked. "She actually has one!?"

WRECK ROOM: ISOLATION (Otso)
The cloud sighed. "He... wasn't my dad, Otso. That guy? He was just a sperm donor. He was a guy who... he got my mom pregnant, and he left. That was it.

"The only thing upsetting me in all this is that those guys won't give him a real burial, you know? There goes any plans I ever had for spitting on the bastard's grave..."

Otso remembered the argument that had taken place in Rwanda: Joseph Cahan was not in the running for father of the year, but Jerry Meyers was. Matt's father had stayed with him, up until the day Otso's father had called him to action.

Juozas likely wasn't going to miss his father, but Matt was a completely different story...

"When I first got here... there were only two other boys in my class. Still are, I guess. Dag didn't know his father either. We were both bastards, you know? It was like that made us brothers.

"Matt though... When Matt came here, his father came with him. He came around--introduced himself to us. Matt was as awkward then as he is now, and I guess his father thought it would help him break the ice, and make friends.

"It did the opposite for me. I mean, here was this kid who couldn't look anyone in the eye. He breathed through his mouth, never took a bath, always stank, dumb as rocks, couldn't control his powers... and yet his dad loved him.

"If someone could love a worthless piece of crap like Matt Meyers, then what was wrong with me, you know?"

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
The warden looked over his shoulder to Kas. "Well, no one asked you. The offer's exclusive to Greystone..." His head swiveled to the Drifter. "And the Drifter."

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex stops playing, "I've never seen her reflection. Wait, would that mean that she is some kind of... vampire?"

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

"Of course not, Bea." In reality, Violet didn't know Otso very well. But the only complaint Beatrice ever had was about their dates getting interrupted.

"There's nothing wrong with not being ready. Everyone has their own right time." Violet glanced at the German cousins, whose time had already come. "And nobody should have to feel bad about when they make that choice."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 »

"Are you implying Rose is a blood sucker?" Doug feigned to think about this. "Well, she certainly sucks something."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Before he even had a chance to think about, it Kas snarled. "You will keep your filthy hands off her, and if you start waving around your stalactite of justice, I will snap it off!"

Kas had never viewed himself as the jealous sort of person, but this entire adventure had stretched his tolerance to its' breaking point. The only things positive to come out of this was a better friendship with Jack and Harry...and Elizabeth.

At some point in his future and Elizabeth's past, she would share a liaison with Harry, which Kas was determined to be okay with, but this cretins continued disrespect of her enraged him. His force field kicked on without conscious thought and he turned on the giant, stone man.

"Understand this beast, if you touch Elizabeth with disrespect one time, I will create a black hole in the center of that mound of silt you call a body and crush you out of existence!"
Hit on my girl will you?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"And of course," Lex added with a grin, "We're talking about something besides 'all the fun out of the situation'."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel »

Michuru81 wrote: NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
"I just worry about her rabbiting the moment she realizes she's without Dag's protection," Newton said.
"As opposed to potentially turning 'ostile in a location we do not control when she discovers deception?" Martin asks skeptically.

"But, per'aps you are right. Do you zink she would accept Anne Newton as a safety blanket if you told 'er Anne was assigned to protect the girls implicitly from danger while zey were in ze mosque? You could site terrorism as a cause for concern."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 »

THE MALL (Violet; NPCs: Beatrice, Eve, Kirstie, Sarah, Tatjana)
Beatrice looked even more distressed. "Am I ze only one 'ere 'oo 'asn't...?"

Eve rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "That... kind of depends on your definition of sex," she said.

The warden turned to face Kas. "You really ought to be more careful who you threaten," he said. "Lemme give you a history lesson that not many people get.

"I was born on August 9, 1911, in Woodbury, Tennessee. I'm almost a hundred-years-old. How am I still here? Unlike the rest of you, I'm not a Neo-Sapien. Way back in 1926, I ate an apple--a golden apple. The same sort of apples Odin and Zeus and all the other gods ate to get their power.

"Funny thing about the people who eat those apples is they become unkillable. Some people take some time to come back--maybe an hour, maybe a day or two--hell, maybe a whole week. Me? It takes me a few seconds to completely regenerate my entire body. Create a blackhole. Go right ahead. Even if there's nothing left, my body will pull itself back together.

"Stop and think about this for a moment: did I touch her? Did I try to force myself on her? Hell, I couldn't even feel her if I wanted to. Stop and ask yourself if it's worth throwing down with a guy whose entire power is that he will outlast you no matter what... all because he flirted with a girl."
Michuru81 wrote:Either of you can take a stab at an IANAI roll to realize that Bulwark just explained how Dag went from being dead to not-dead.
"She's going to spend the next three years making life miserable for me, isn't she?"

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
"I don't know," Newton said. "I have no idea how paranoid she may be. If she's keeping Dag around for general protection, yes. If she's doing it in the event we discern who she actually is, I would seriously doubt it."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Not for the first time Kas wished he could glare at someone intimidatingly, but his milky, dead eyes really lacked something when it came to conveying threats. Still, he wasn't about to back down simply because he couldn't kill someone whose entire schtick was strength and toughness. People put too much stock in physical power.

"So, you can come back from the dead. Blackholes also are theorized to open wormholes Bulwark. How would you like to be the most immortal man on Mars?"
IANAI 1d20+1=8. Who's Dag? why are you bothering me with this stuff when I'm in the middle of a d!ck swinging contest?

And yeah...Kas has no idea whether he could actually open a wormhole with his power. He's never tried it. Prior to this moment, he's never even considered it. He's just feeling jealous and frustrated and overly protective of the first person to move him romantically, so he's acting far more stupid than usual. It was bound to happen. He's only 16.