The New FORCE Ops [IC: 8]: The World of Shadows

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The New FORCE Ops [IC: 8]: The World of Shadows

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Freedom City, mid August, 2008:

This was it, today was the day you’d been told to show up at supplied address. It had been a surprising offer, to join a newly formed group to be heroes in Freedom City. You were going to get paid to be a superhero, with all the benefits you’d get with normal job: health care, dental, paid vacation, even a retirement fund. All you had to do was agree to move to Freedom City and everything else would be taken care of for you, anything you wanted or needed to be moved would be handled at no cost to you. Granted you were supposed to keep it simple overall, but your employer understood that you’d agreed to uproot yourself from everything and everyone you knew and move to a new city, plus keep it safe, so there of course would be items of a personal value that you would want to have with you.

But you were here now, only a month after taking the job offered and you were supposed to be at that address here shortly.

Once you arrive at the address you look at the building in surprise, it stands out visually with four giant “A” shaped windows that cover several floors at the top of the twenty story building. While underneath each of the giant windows are massive looking perched eagles, they look like they’re made of gold almost as they shine brightly in the mid-day sun. They’re a stark contrast to the steel and glass that the building is made of. You quickly pull out the small card you were given by the recruiter that lists the address of the building, the time to be there and the name of a company that was your destination: Pinpoint Security.
The Anders Building wrote:Image
As you go through the front entrance you find that it is a huge lobby, people coming and going from a large bank of elevators behind a desk where two men sit. One glancing over the people as they go by the desk while the other is watching what you can only assume to be a small set of monitors. When you approach the desk the man on “monitor duty” steals a quick glance your way, then returns his eyes to his work as he speaks.

“Good afternoon, welcome to the Anders Building. How can I help you?”
Here we go folks! Describe your looks, anything that stands out about you when people see you, and what’s on your mind as you make your way (however you choose to get there) to the address (227 Charles Street, specifically. At the intersection of Charles Street and 52nd Avenue, in the North End of Freedom City just a few blocks north of Liberty Park) you were given when you were recruited.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 am, edited 12 times in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The New FORCE Ops: [IC]

Post by ClassDunce » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Dovetail: Susan West

It looks like a giant dick…

Susan thought to herself as she stared up at the building that belonged to the address she had been given, she did a double check on the card and it was the building alright. Her eyebrows shot up as she took another look at the building and blushed as she saw the two domes on the side. Jesus H. Christ...

She shook her head and considered turning around and running away, maybe the Bahamas or France. She had enjoyed France the few times that she as there while in the service, it was way better than Germany. She adjusted her duffel on her shoulder, just about everything she owned was in the bag, she had left everything else in Atlanta. Figuring it was best to let the lawyers fight that battle and she’d wait for her check for half the value of the house. She could get more but why be greedy.

She took a few fast shallow breaths while running her hand through her short brown hair, working up the nerve to walk inside and start the next phase of her life. It was a better deal than in Atlanta, her old team hadn’t been sponsored and being outed as Dovetail had wrecked any chances of her holding a normal job. Being Dovetail was the only chance she had of taking care of herself. She decided to man up and dive right in. She walked across the street, confidence in her stride until she’s nearly hit by a cab.

The cabbies horn blares through the air as he begins to scream at Susan for walking right into the middle of the street, Susan screams right back though. She swings the duffle from her shoulder and onto the hood of the yellow taxi, leaving a sizable dent as she stares right at the man, “HEY! I’M WALKING HERE!” She’s telling him to come get some with her hands.

His tires squeal as he kicks it into reverse, backing up several yards before swerving into the road and speed off and away. Susan yells after him, “I thought so, Asshole!”

She finally looks around and see’s all the people staring so she scoops up her things and with her head down rushes over to the Anders Building. Before entering she checks herself in the mirror, she wasn’t sure what to wear day one so she stuck with a pair of jeans and a tank top. Her blush from the angry outburst was starting to go down so she headed into the phallic building and approached what looked like the receptionist.
“Good afternoon, welcome to the Anders Building. How can I help you?”
She smiled at him, “Yeah. Hi I’m Susan West.” She showed him the card she was given, “Dovetail, I was uh… told to be here today.”
Last edited by ClassDunce on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:55 pm

K-9

He had waited all morning for the "shift" to begin. He was anxious to get started with his new....be-ne-fac-tor. Of course, as he worked his way south from the green area...the park...where he had spent the night, people stared. This was why he didn't go out where people could see him, because ever since Mike got killed...people stared. He missed Mike in a most unnatural way. A normal dog would have moved on by now. He wasn't a normal dog anymore. He hadn't become human either. He was....? The words escaped him. Human speech was difficult.

Moving through the door into the lobby, he stopped, took in the sounds and smells of this new place. He wondered whether it would actually turn out to be...the precinct. Rex always liked his old precinct. He was hopeful. Padding up to the security desk, he leaned toward the men in uniform. Uniforms were good. Then he made his throat work, in the way his first...be-ne-fac-tor, taught him, after he futured.

"My name...K-9. I asked to come here...meet pack."

If a dog could grimmace, he would have. That was a really bad throat talk. He wished it had been better. Everyone around, besides the Security Guards were nervous. He could smell the anxiety in the air. Maybe they thought he was rabid or had fleas or...something.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Livewire

Where's that song from about dreams comming true?

It was an idle thought by the young woman walking down the street, conversing with her own inner monologue. Just a month after the fateful incident in Seattle that left Eve with 'shocking' new powers. She'd spent that month well of course, putting in as much training as she could between work and setting her other affairs in order, and today was finally the day.

Kyaaaaah!! I just wanna dance there!!! I wonder if I'll get to see mister Gardner again. Maybe he could give me some heroing tips!

She could barely contain her excitement as she rounded the corner onto Charles Street. Only a few blocks away now! She could count the steps! The city was abuzz with electricity all around. The cars, the traffic lights, the buildings on either side of the street, even the people she passed by, some of whom were giving the young woman odd looks as she could not contain the excitement she was feeling, all of it was feeding into her, probably directly affecting her excited mood.

Comming to a stop just outside the Anders building, the young lady stopped to collect herself. First impressions and all that, as she had been taught in high school for interviews, though, she supposed she already had that interview, which ended with a personal invite from Captain Thunder himself.

Okay okay....calm down Evie. You're gonna be a professional, career superheroine now! You gotta be a role model! You don't want to make any of your potential teammates think you're not mature enough for this. Oh I hope they're nice in there! I don't want to have a mean super group...

Deep breath, then another, and then the bespectacled young woman, clad in a red leather ensemble of a corset-style top, skirt and boots with dark stockings and a black leather trenchcoat over it all with short brunette hair done in a punky style laid her fingerless gloved hand on the door and stepped inside to face her future, moving with purpose to the security desk, and before the security personnel could speak...

"Livewire, reporting for duty!"
Last edited by EPIC on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

MutantPoptart
Hireling
Hireling

Post by MutantPoptart » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:37 am

Utu

Walking through the city dressed in what he thought must have been business-like attire; a tall pale man walks down the streets of Freedom City stiffly in his plaid skirt, suit jacket, and clip-on bow-tie, no shoes of course. He always liked the feel of the earth on his feet but nothing was ever so strange as a city whose largest reminder of being a part of nature is the sky above.

These heathens have even scared off all of the sea birds who come to land only ten miles away, all there seem to be so far are pigeons... the cockroaches of birds. he thought to himself staring up into the sky, shaking his head with the warmth of anger starting to warm his chest.

Well I best get moving, that man in the yellow car told me it was only a couple of blocks from here before kicking me out, people are so impolite here about money.

He continued to walk until coming to a building that looked as was described by the man who had visited him and given him the card he was now pulling out of his pocket to make sure the address was the same.

Time for this disciple of nature to take a side for the greater good. he thought hesitantly, still tense and irritated by the city he has forced himself through.
Good afternoon, welcome to the Anders Building. How can I help you?”
"I was given a card and was told I could be of some assistance here... my name is Utu."
Last edited by MutantPoptart on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fred Dryer is TV's Hunter? Wow, that is like finding out Jesus knew karate. Can you imagine that Stan? ...Karate Jesus."

9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Post by 9thDoctor » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:54 am

La Rana

"¡Cuidado! Little Frog coming through!"

Leaping between the buildings Estella made her way to the given address. Wow, to be paid for the same stuff she did since she turned 16, how could she turn it down. And maybe she could meet Megastar again. And offering to move was nice, but Estella was a Freedomian, born and bred.

The streets were crowded as usual below her, as she took a leap across the street towards the Anders building. the traffic was murderous. In fact, one cabbie almost hit a pedestrian.
“HEY! I’M WALKING HERE!”
Estella perched for a second on the side of the Sonic Superstore building to see if the situation would escalate, but as it became clear that the woman was unhurt and the cab driver backed down, she took another leap, this one bringing her to latch to the side of one of the smaller domed sidewings of the Anders building.

Just once more, Estella went through everything in her head...they appeared to hire superheroes to replace the Freedom League on a regional scale....that went fine with her.

Jumping down to the sidewalk and leaping forward into the entrance hall, she bounces between the pillars that dot the lobby until she lands on the ceiling in front the reception desk.
She is a bit surprised to see the lady she saw a few moments ago outside, already standing here as well as another young woman, a man in a ...skirt? and a furred man. Apparently they invited others as well...of course they did, it was to form a super team, boluda.

"Ribbit!....That means, La Rana has arrived!"
she chimes from the ceiling.

Description: La Rana wears her Frogsuit. It is mostly black with yellow, red and blue spots and lines. A bit patterned like this:
The face is masked by a tight fitting helmet with slightly bulbous eyes (black and gold).
St.Louis Blues - GM
X-Freshmen - GM (on Hold)

La Rana - New FORCE Ops (on Hold)
CeeCee - Wild Cards (on Hold)

My Roll Call - The Doctor's Original Builds
The Doctor's Conversions

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:08 am

The guard and his partner each look you over as you speak, but no more than they do at the other people going by. While it's a different story for the people passing by: some outright stare mostly, some of them point to you and talk with others around them, while others move to put more space between themselves and the dog-man, but nobody says anything directly to any of you.

As you introduce yourselves and state your reason for being at the Anders Building, the guard, who dosen't seem bothered by the fact that a humanoid dog-man, a young "working girl" (judging from her red leather attire & stockings), a barefoot irishman in a bad tie, another young girl in a frogsuit who is hanging from the ceiling, along with a normal looking woman have arrived for a meeting at the same destination.

He calmly looks back up at you, takes the offered card (for those that produced it) or looks over a list kept on his desk, then points to the third elevator on the right side among the five that line that side dozens of feet behind the security desk.

"That's Pinpoint Security, you want to take that of the elevator to the 16th Floor. There's an intercom on the panel you'll have to use to inform them that you're on your way up so they can allow you access to their levels in the building." He then returns to monitor duty without giving any of you a second glance.

Once you make your way to the indicated elevator and push the "16th" button, there a short droning buzz followed by a sweet sounding, female voice. "Pinpoint Security. Name and time of your appointment please."

After answering the questions the voice responds. "We've been expecting you." As a different electronic tone sounds and the elevator lurches into motion, begining it's upward climb. Several moments later, after a slight pause at the 14th Floor, the elevator gives the familar DING that all elevators give when they arrive at the intended destination and the doors open to reveal a large reception area. Done in what seems to be black marble tiles on the floor and a deep red on the walls, another desk, that is made of the same black marble as the floor, stands directly across from you. Sitting behind the desk is a woman who looks up at all of you with a bright, large, warm smile as you unload from the elevator.
The woman behind the voice wrote:Image

"Hello! Welcome to Pinpoint Security, I'm Vivian. If you'll just all follow me I'll get you taken care of and let Mr. Keller know that you've arrived." She gets up from her seat, comes from behind the desk and leads you through a doorway off to the right of the repception area, that opens up to another room that is filled with about ten seats, a small refridgerator (stocked with various drinks of choice), and a couple of small tables covered in various magazines (mostly related to buisness, though there is TIME and National Geographics as well). Vivian turns back to all of you, still wearing her almost infectious smile. "Make yourselves comfortable, Mr. Keller is on a conference call right now but should only be a few minutes at most."

With that she gives what looks like a small curtsy and quickly turns on her heel, returning to her desk. Moments later you can just make out the sound of her voice. "Mr. Keller? I'm sorry to interrupt you, but your mid-afternoon appointments have arrived."
OOC wrote:Here's a few minutes to introduce yourselves to one another and interact amongst yourselves before we go further.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Springtucky Ohio [near the land of ink, just on the other side of reality.]

Post by starfoxx70 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 am

Abaddon

Looking around Abaddon had his belongings in a duffle bag over his shoulder. Hand to keep his hands free so he could control his flight. As he traveled through the city he looked everything over. He decided to drop down and get a better sight of the city at ground level.

Have to remember to control what I am doing, can’t get to low and have to slow up enough so that I can see the addresses.

As Abaddon flies along something catches his eye.

That building has to be a gay man wet dream. God I would hate to be the people that work there. Can you imagine all the penis jokes that go with working there?

But as he flys and gets closer and closer

Dam I am one of those people that has to work out of it. This is not going to be easy. I gave up the sunny beaches of Hawaii for this, I could be sitting out there watching the girls in very small thongs…oh well I want to be a hero that actually makes a difference.

Abaddon lands gently for once in front of the Anders building. He set in side and looks around to see a security guard.

“Hey sir I have this card and I was told to be here. So what or where do I go from here?”

One of the guards told him to go up to 14th floor, but the elevator was already going up.

“Well time for a work out”

Track 001

He races up the stairs at full speed trying to beat the elevator or at least trying to get up to the top before the music stops. 30 seconds later he reaches the 14th floor and opens the door. Aking around before anyone can make heads or tells of what is going on he pushes the button for the elevator and steps on to finish the rid to the 16 th floor.

That reminds me to call Mack and see how he is doing about giving up the toad licking. Glad he ain’t here I don’t know if I could hold him back from licking it. Hell I am tempted to try it look at the size of it, that is got to be one hell of a buzz.

track 003

Dam this has to mean something, and she is pretty hot to boot.
Taking a seat Abaddon looks over and doesn’t say a word but waits for the other to break the ice. He lets his MP3 just go thru random music.
Last edited by starfoxx70 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
All any one can be is the best you that you can be, can anyone Imagine trying to be me?

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:58 am

Livewire

The young "working girl" seems oblivious to any negative opinions of her outfit. Not exactly practical maybe, but she though it looked kinda superhero-y, and she thought about spandex, but that was just WAAAAY too embarrassing.
Dovetail wrote:She smiled at him, “Yeah. Hi I’m Susan West.” She showed him the card she was given, “Dovetail, I was uh… told to be here today.”
Dovetail...that sounds kinda familiar....
K-9 wrote:"My name...K-9. I asked to come here...meet pack."
And that's.....a talking dog?! That's so cool!! Is it some kind of illusion? Doe she have handler somewhere? OH!! Maybe the guy's power is to possess dogs!!
Utu wrote:"I was given a card and was told I could be of some assistance here... my name is Utu."
Utu....what kind of name is Utu? And he's wearing a skirt!! Oh oh....one of those european things...a skilt? No...that doesn't sound right, maybe I'll ask him..
La Rana wrote:"Ribbit!....That means, La Rana has arrived!" she chimes from the ceiling.
Ribbit? As she looks around for the source of the chiming voice, finally settling on the glaring bright frog-suit colors of the 'frog-girl' above. Woooow...she's sticking to the ceiling! That's so cool! And her suit is so colorful!!! Maybe I should have gone bright multi-colors, oh...but maybe they'll have uniforms...

Clearly the young woman has her own opinions of these would-be teammates, for what else could a woman also using a code name, a talking dog, a guy with a strange name in a kilt and a brightly-attired girl clinging to the ceiling be? Well...maybe a different team. While she wasn't sure what anyone really thought about her, she tries to play it cool, looking confident. She'd had these clothes treated so they wouldn't burn or get wrecked from her electric powers, and she THOUGHT they looked good, though she does seem more like she's headed to a night of clubbing rather than saving the city.
Monitor Guard wrote:"That's Pinpoint Security, you want to take that of the elevator to the 16th Floor. There's an intercom on the panel you'll have to use to inform them that you're on your way up so they can allow you access to their levels in the building."
"Thank you sir!"

Nothing if not enthusiastic, the energetic young woman makes her way to the elevator, almost visibly restraining herself from jumping, or running or maybe even dancing over to it. She makes the right up in a nearly nervous excitement, to overwhelmed by random thought to make small-talk up the elevator.
Vivian wrote:"Make yourselves comfortable, Mr. Keller is on a conference call right now but should only be a few minutes at most."
"A-ah! Okay! Thank-you!"

Manners manners manners. The young heroine starts exploring the rooms, forgoing a seat, she seems too excited, or nervous or simply too energetic to sit down. She eventually comes up to Utu, remembering she was going to ask about the "skilt".

"Hi! You said your name was Utu right? Is that european? I was wondering about the ah... her eyes dart down to the kilt, wondering what to call it to be polite. Failing completely to draw another word.. ...skirt. Like um, what is it called? I've heard about them before, but I've never seen a guy actually wearing one!"

Smooth move Evie....oooh, who's that?

As the door to the stairwell opened up, admitting yet another hero to the growing group of diversity, but this one looked kinda normal, so she offered a friendly wave, though still talking to Utu.

ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ScourgeXLVII » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Magnus: Mark Johnson

Mark kept looking at his watch, as he ran toward the rather phallic shaped building. His Mind was racing with the thought of being late on his first day. It was like College... and practically every job he's ever had... all over again.

"Oh geez... He had flown here in his armor, but he decided to take it off, and put it in his handy briefcase, so as to prevent any accidents. He was currently wearing a white shirt, and tie, along with khaki pants. Entering the building he panted, going up to the front desk.

"Um... I.. *pant pant* I got this... uh... this:" He searched his pockets for a business card, that told him to arrive today. The desk clerk, with a subtle roll of the eyes told him to board the elevator, and go to the 16th floor. The elevator was fairly large, but Mark couldn't help stifle a grin at how ridiculous it would look for him to be riding the elevator in full armor. As the elevator opened up at the 16th floor, he stumbled out, to greet the heroes who already arrived. "Erm... Hi..." he announced, and their attention moved to his right foot.

"Oh geez... not again... He noticed his left boot of his armor was still on. Taking it off, rather embarrassed, and stuffing it in his briefcase, he was relieved that the attention quickly went off him.

Looking around, he was relieved that he was not the oddest of the group, noticing a frog-suited girl, a humanoid dog, a kilted man with no shoes, and... a prostitute? That can't be right. Otherwise there was a normal looking guy... I guess... in comparison, and a normal looking woman wearing jeans and a tank top.

He decided to sit next to the normal looking woman. "Um... Hi... I'm Mark... Magnus, as a codename... So... um... What's your name?" Noticing he was getting nervous, he grabbed a coke from the fridge, and began to calm down.
Last edited by ScourgeXLVII on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Dovetail: Susan Walker

Susan leaned against the counter and adjusted her duffel back across her back, she watched as the Dog-man came in and asked about his pack and she rightfully assumed she was part of that. She did do a double take when the working girl came in but she had been in the service and that wasn’t exactly an odd site but she was surprised for a fraction of a second after she introduced herself as Livewire. The confusion was short though, she’d already had one run in with a super that dressed like a hooker so she shouldn’t have been surprised by that either.

She nodded at the man in the skirt as he approached and as she heard La Rana, yell from the rooftop a Doves Feather instinctually and mysteriously came ended up in her palm. As she realized that the frog girl was them the feather vanished as easily as it had arrived. After being sent to the elevator she slipped in first and was there to press the button once everyone else was on board.

It was a strange awkward silence and Susan was thankful that it wasn’t raining outside, she would have to consider buying K-9 a slicker for rainy days. When they reached the floor she smiled to Vivian and let the woman lead them onward to the lobby. Where a couple more men seemed to appear and Vivian disappeared to find the boss. Susan practically bumped into one of the guys at the mini-fridge as she grabbed a bottle of water.
Mark wrote:"Um... Hi... I'm Mark... Magnus, as a codename... So... um... What's your name?" Noticing he was getting nervous, he grabbed a coke from the fridge, and began to calm down.
She unscrewed the top of her water and took a quick swig before responding, “I’m Susan Walk… sorry I’m Susan West.” She reached out to shake Marks hand, “I go by Dovetail, I used to work out of Atlanta.”
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Mark Reuter » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Silver Streak

"Mom, could you please hurry up? I am going to be late for my job interview." Scott Jackson couldn't help but smile to himself. Here he was, one of the fastest people on the planet and he was going to be late because his mother insisted on joining Scott for breakfast every morning and she was still "putting on her face" as she called it. "Oh Scott! You are always in such a hurry! Maybe you should try slowing down for a little while. There might still be some side-effects to those chemicals that turned your hair silver," his mother said as she came into the kitchen. Scott had to smile again. If only she knew the "side-effects". His hair turning silver was only an outward manifestation of the changes that had occurred within his body. The world around him seemed to move at a snail's pace now. He could move inhumanly fast and he had started fighting crime in his home city of Columbus as the superhero, Silver Streak, when he received an offer to go to Freedom City and become part of a super-team there. In fact, he was already late, despite the fact that it would take him less than a second to get there once he finished breakfast with his mother. As he downed some orange juice and took a bite of his toast, Scott said, "Mom, I love you but I REALLY have to get going. Have a wonderful day!" Scott kissed his mother and walked out of the kitchen. As soon as he was out of sight of his mother, Scott became a blur of motion. Changing into his costume and then leaving the house, sprinting toward Freedom City, leaving nothing but a silver afterimage that spawned his name, Silver Streak. Less than a second later, Scott arrived at the address he was given. "OK, the architect of this building DEFINITELY has compensation issues. Whatever you do, Jackson, no dick jokes," Scott thought to himself as he gazed up at the building. "No time for sight-seeing, you're late as it is. Not a good first impression for the fastest man in the world."

Scott walked into the building and went up to the reception desk. He presented the card to the receptionist.
"That's Pinpoint Security, you want to take that of the elevator to the 16th Floor. There's an intercom on the panel you'll have to use to inform them that you're on your way up so they can allow you access to their levels in the building."
Scott could see that the elevator in question was already on the 12th floor and rising. Looking at the receptionist, Scott says, "Thanks for that, but I am running late so I will make my own way up there." With that, Scott races outside and takes to the air, running so fast that his feet appear to be pushing air with enough force to propel him upwards. He counts up sixteen flights and permeates through the wall to see an odd bunch of people being led to a waiting area by a lady named Vivian, if he caught the name correctly. He walks in behind everyone else. When Vivian leaves the room, he introduces himself to the rest of the group. "I assume the rest of you already made your introductions in the elevator. I am afraid I was a little late because of a familial obligation and they don't move as fast as I do. My apologies! My name is Scott Jackson. I am a paramedic from Columbus, Ohio. The folks back home know nothing of my side profession of superhero. They call me Silver Streak, because that is all anyone has seen of me in my hero identity."

MutantPoptart
Hireling
Hireling

Post by MutantPoptart » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:15 pm

EPIC wrote:"Hi! You said your name was Utu right? Is that european? I was wondering about the ah... her eyes dart down to the kilt, wondering what to call it to be polite. Failing completely to draw another word.. ...skirt. Like um, what is it called? I've heard about them before, but I've never seen a guy actually wearing one!"
"My parents named me after a god of my family's origin after my abilities manefested and I was naturally drawn to helping that which was in need. Utu was the god of justice and the sun you see?" he says matter of factly as a teacher would to a pupil. "And as for my attire... I usually wear robes and a cloak but I have never been to a... metropolis? Is that what you call them? Anyway, I was last living in Dinnet Oakwood in Scotland, and I seen a few buisinesslike people dressed like this so I wanted to make a good first impression and dress up for the interview. Looking around this city though, I see people dress quite very differently here. Not many skirts, or, what was it you called them? Kilts?"
"Fred Dryer is TV's Hunter? Wow, that is like finding out Jesus knew karate. Can you imagine that Stan? ...Karate Jesus."

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Springtucky Ohio [near the land of ink, just on the other side of reality.]

Post by starfoxx70 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Abaddon

Abaddon was still sitting in the chair, he was only have listening to what was going on. His music kept jumping through different music now came up with one that he really liked. To bad that he knew that he couldn’t sing that well but on well he got lost in the song and started singing hopefully not to loud

singing

I must have dreamed a thousand dreams
Been haunted by a million screams
But I can hear the marching feet
They’re moving into the street

Now, did you read the news today?
They say the danger had gone away
But I can see the fire’s still alight
They’re burning into the night

There’s too many men, too many people
Making too many problems
And there’s not much love to go around
Can’t you se this is the land of confusion?

This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we’re given
Use them and let’s start trying
To make it a place worth living in

Oh, superman where are you now?
When everything gone wrong somehow?
Men of steel, these men of power
I’m losing control by the hour

This is the time, this is the place
So we look for the future
But there’s not much love to go around
Tell me why this is the land of confusion

To make it a place worth living in

I remember long ago
When the sun was shining
And all the stars were bright all through the night
In the wake up this madness, as I held you tight
So long ago

I won’t be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right
We’re not making promises
That we know we’ll never keep

There’s too many men, too many people
Making too may problems
And there’s not much love to go around
Can’t you see this is the land of confusion?

Now, this is the world we live in
To make it a place worth fighting for

And these are the name’s we’re given
Stand up and let’s start shoeing
Just where our lives are going to

After he’s done he looks around and goes over to the frig and looks for a dew.

“Sorry about that but I really like the song and didn’t know if anyone heard me but the last time I sang that I cleared a bar and the only people that were left were too drunk to go out to the deck to smoke. Hell people that didn’t smoke were smoking to get away from me.”

He sits back down with his face being more than a little red and hoping that the group would forget that he had just did that. Maybe he should just listen and make sure that he didn’t sing anymore but he hadn’t planned on it this time its that it’s a good song and he got a little carried away.
All any one can be is the best you that you can be, can anyone Imagine trying to be me?

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:03 pm

K-9

Rex stayed quiet and tried to translate all the words. It wasn't always easy. People used less body language and more verb-al-i-za-tion than animals. He was new to people speak. Mere months ago, he had been a regular German Shepard. The be-ne-fac-tor, had somehow keyed some basic in-for-ma-tion in his mind, but, it was hard to man-think.

He had already decided, he liked Utu and the female-man named Susan. They smelled....right. The girl dressed like a Frog smelled syn-the-tic...plastic and the man with the strange, iron shoe, smelled of grease and carbide. He did not know yet what to make of the others, though the man who could walk through walls fa-scin-a-ted him.

At the mention of refreshments, he looked in the refrigerator. He knew what one was. Mike had one in his old home. He was disappointed to find nothing he could actually drink. Maybe if Vivian came back he could get a bowl.