Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby Bluecross » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:38 am

***\\//***\\//*** Tiger by the Tail Arc ***\\//***\\//***


Players and Characters: -


EPIC Guardian

flynarrel Semilla

Nareik123 Inferno


FuzzyBoots Buzz

CelticREI Chimera

poodle Technomancer





Interlude

End of Interlude




Mayhem at the Maracena Arc

Image


The last rays of the setting sun tear red-gold shreds across the sky. Offshore the Three Angels islands glitter in the final light of the day. Along the Strip families and young teens finish their shopping and strolling and prepare to head home. The shops and malls lining the four-lane street are making their last sales of the day before the 9pm closing time, while bars and popular restaurants are gearing up for what looks likely to be a good evening.

The air is pleasantly warm, with a gentle sea breeze that assists the last windsurfers into the long North Beach, and sways the tall palm trees along the Strip. Slow-moving traffic moves up the Strip, guys in flash cars cruising, ogling and calling to the pretty girls that stroll the pavements. Groups of friends, many still brushing the golden sands of the beach off their board shorts and casual shirts, stroll along, chatting and enjoying the atmosphere.

Next to the Plaza Grande Mall, the fabulous Maracena Club shines like a diamond next to a string of pearls. Already it’s rooftop bar is nearly full, with well-dressed revellers enjoying themselves. Yet something jars your senses. Down on the street, crazed-looking patrons are noisily spilling out of the club, mingling with passers-by, running into the street holding up traffic, and starting fights. A few police are trying to bring the situation under control, but there are too many people going wild.


Layout

The Plaza Grande Mall is Toledo’s premier mall, large, and filled with shops like Hermes, Hugo Boss, Givenchy, Cartier as well as an upmarket department store. It’s the kind of mall where you can see – and buy - a Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini, or spend several thousand dollars on a handbag or a pair of shoes. The Plaza Grande is on the East side of the Strip, not far from ‘The Strip’ TRT SkyRail station. Six stories high, it’s a bit of a landmark in this part of the Strip.


Image


The Maracena

Just north of the mall is the Maracena Club. It too is large, boasting three restaurants, four bars and four individually themed dancefloors. It is licensed for some 800 patrons, and caters to a fairly wealthy clientele. The main entrance is in the middle of the front lining the Strip, with emergency exits at each end. The Club is about 60 meters long and goes back from the Strip about 75 meters. The Maracena is two stories high, with a rooftop restaurant and a bar lining much of the Strip frontage.

To the north of the Maracena is the ‘Beach Food Concourse’, a small mall containing cheap restaurants and fast-food outlets.

The Western (sea) side of the Strip has been zoned as low-rise entertainment and retail. All the buildings along the beachfront are one or two floors, and there are regularly spaced beach accessways with small carparks. These are popular places for people to park their car and go for a swim, sunbathe, or just watch the ocean. Each has spaces for a dozen cars, and some have public toilets and beach showers. This side of the Strip has many classy boutiques, restaurants and bars that have fantastic sea views.

Down the middle of the Strip is a traffic island, about 10 feet width of grass planted with palm trees and flower beds at regular intervals.


What you first notice:-

Outside the Maracena there is a general atmosphere of increasing chaos and wild behaviour. The air is being filled with wild laughter, angry voices, shouts and the sounds of breaking glass mingled with frustrated car horns tooting. At least forty to fifty people are in the vicinity of the club, with more spilling out of its three exits onto the broad pavement edging the Strip. Lots is going on, but a number of things catch your immediate attention.

  • A large man in a bright green and pink Hawaiian shirt is somehow managing to tear a sign post out of the ground, out in front of the Maracena.
  • At the northern end of the club three young women in party dresses are wrestling with a seven foot tall chicken.
  • A young man is climbing one of the tall palm trees on the traffic island. A couple of his friends are egging him on.
  • A lone cop halfway up from the main entrance is being confronted by a group of aggressive clubbers, some still clutching drinks.
  • One of the glass doors in the main entrance is broken, and there is a pool of blood on the ground near it. Unaware, people coming out of the club are stepping in the blood and tracking it around as they mill about.
  • Two women are arguing loudly near the Plaza Grande. A small child is screaming in a stroller.


GM note: You can begin by describing where you are in the immediate area, and what you first do. You might have noticed all or most of the above things going on, some of them, or only one, depending on where you are – up to you. It’s also possible that you might have seen / heard of / have an acquaintance with some of the other PCs. I’ll leave that for you to decide with each other and roleplay as the scene progresses.
Last edited by Bluecross on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

User avatar
Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby Nareik123 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 am

Hikashi Yamora
HP 1/1
Condition: Fine

Hikashi Yamora, better known as the Striking Serpent, was not ready for any trouble. She was geared up for a night out partying and having a good time with her friends. She was dressed in a lavish short cut party dress and wore 3 inch heels on her feet, with her hair tied back and held up with chopsticks, moving with a grace that seemed inhuman. Of course, when she spotted the goings on at the club and the behaviour of the people around, Hikashi sighed deeply. She pulled out a small bag and swapped her heels for flat footed plimsoles. She glanced around, grinning.
"Well, my night has been ruined" the Asian women announced, wistfully. She was 5ft 1 inch tall, and had a sleek and limber body with great curves. In addition, Hikashi had applied make up, her lips green and her eyeshadow green. Currently, Hikashi would wait to see if other people turned up before making moves.
Last edited by Nareik123 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:16 am

Rosa

The bus let her off a block North of the club. Rosa del Garrio sighed as she had another night of serving haughty, well-dressed, and usually pretty fake folks drinks that tended to make them haughtier and more fake.

She was dressed plainly, her work shoes and uniform in the backpack that swung with her every step past the Food Concourse. Sher walked quickly, her shift was going to start soon and she wanted to get Juan, )excuse me, 'Johnny',) an application to wash dishes at the Maracena.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud squabble as three of what looked like club clientelle were confronting... a... chicken.

She rushed up to the group to see if she could calm things down.

"Okay, people, chill, what's going on here?" she demands.

Okay, now that I'm closer, guy in a chicken suit or an actual bird? Wrestling like on the ground? or are people just trying to grab and tear?
Last edited by flynnarrel on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby sirzanek » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:21 am

Shortcut

All in all, it had been a damn good show. Corey had finally perfected the gimmick that would set his rabbit out of the hat trick apart from the rest of the magicians in his pay range. Granted, he was supplementing his talents with a healthy dose of superpowers, but hey, you work with what you're given right? The trick started when he took a cardboard box and put it on a folding card table. He had an audience member examine the box and the table, then he put Elmer in the box and had the volunteer come up and put their hand on the top of the box. Of course Elmer had been stashed in Corey's 'safe place'. Then Corey would go to the other end of the room and pull a smattering of randome crap out of his hat. A teddy bear, a bottle of wine, and finally a hockey stick before he would pull Elmer out. It never failed to get a standing ovation.
With that under his belt, he felt pretty good on his walk to the TST station. He actually liked these pre-dinner shows, he could get in and get out without losing the entire night. Then he rounded the corner onto the strip and froze. "Well, crap..." he muttered under his breath. Ducking behind a parked car, he reached into his 'safe place' and traded his prop case for his mask. No time to put on the whole costume, he thought taking a quick moment to pray that he wouldn't be needing those armor pads he had come to rely on. Surveying the scene, Corey tried to figure out what he could help with. Ok, the guy with the sign was probably out of his weight class...the women wrestling the chicken, ok maybe....the kid in the tree, possible...the cop, looked strangely familiar. Corey was almost certain that he had graduated the academy with the younger of his brothers, Dean. Name of Galen, Gorahm, something like that. Better make that my first stop, Corey thought. Stepping into a rip disk, Shortcut falls out of thin air behind the angry clubbers. "So, what seems to be the problem officer?" says the young hero, looking like a black masked luchador in formal wear.

User avatar
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am
Contact:

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby EPIC » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Guardian
HP: 1
CND: Fine

It had been a good couple nights. Things were quiet. Dominic liked quiet. It meant he could have some normalcy in his life. Normalcy was good.

Cruising up the strip on his motorcycle, a young lady clutching to his back. Amy. He met her at a bar he was doing some temporary bouncer work at. They'd hit it off pretty quite, though she'd been a tad drunk, but not drunk enough to fling herself at him so much as drop her number to him and not forget afterwards.

But, much like one of those drinking birds, normalcy only goes so far before reality dives back in for more weird, kicking Dominic square in the shins as it went. Pulling to a stop on a red light outside the club, there's really no way Dominic could miss what was going on, Amy even patted on his shoulder to direct his attention to the giant chicken. Really, so much for normalcy, and so much for his date. Dominic couldn't just drive by as if he'd not seen anything.

A few blocks away near one of the beach accessways, Dominic pulls over, pulling his phone from his pocket as if checking a message. "Dammit..sorry babe. Work's come up."

"Are you kidding me? You're just gonna drop me off here and go running off to work?"

"Sorry babe, that's the life." Looking somewhat rueful. To be fair, the statements he made were honest, if slightly misleading. Yeah, he did have work to attend, but it wasn't his day job. Amy, looking more than a little upset about, slips off the back of the bike, leaving the helmet and stalks away before Dominic can offer her taxi fare.

Once his ex-date is out of sight, Dominic dismounts hi bike and manually rolls it with contemptuous ease into the accessway and leaves it in a parking spot. Opening the small store trunk on the rear, Dominic takes out a pair of high quality tinted goggles he uses in lieu of a mask, also to protect his eyes from debris while he flies. Zipping up his leather bike coat and making sure his bike-club is engaged, The Guardian takes to the air and streaks down the strip the few blocks to the club and shouts in a booming voice.

"You all better have a good reason for interrupting my date!" Assessing the situation, the big guy tearing down a sign post would likely have to be dealt with first before he seriously hurt anyone with it. Looked like someone was already confronting the giant chicken and assisting the officer.

Flying to the vandal and his stolen street sign, Guardian hovers a few inches above the ground in a fighting stance. "Alright big fella. I get it, you're a strong guy. Now put the sign down before you get yourself hurt."

Intimidate (1d20+6=18)
Sense Motive (1d20+10=16)

The earlier bluff on Amy was taking 10 for a total of 17(With Attractive). The Intimidate is to compulse the big guy into putting down the sign and the Sense Motive is to see if he'll actually do it or attack(difference for surprise attack or not maybe)

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby Bluecross » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:53 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Rosa
Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud squabble as three of what looked like club clientelle were confronting... a... chicken.

She rushed up to the group to see if she could calm things down.

"Okay, people, chill, what's going on here?" she demands.

Okay, now that I'm closer, guy in a chicken suit or an actual bird? Wrestling like on the ground? or are people just trying to grab and tear?


As Rosa gets closer she can see that the chicken is someone dressed in a costume, a bright red and yellow chicken suit. The wrestling has escalated into a full-on fight, one of the girls is using a sign to hit the chicken, and the two others are pulling at the costume, kicking and scratching. One or two passersby are watching with amusement, but no-one seems to want to get involved.

At Rosa's interjection the girl holding the sign spins round to face her.

GM: Roll Notice.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Rosa

Not a good start: Notice (1d20+11=14)

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby Bluecross » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 pm

sirzanek wrote:Shortcut
Stepping into a rip disk, Shortcut falls out of thin air behind the angry clubbers. "So, what seems to be the problem officer?" says the young hero, looking like a black masked luchador in formal wear.


A group of six people, obviously club patrons from their dress and the drinks that they're carrying, have backed the police officer up against the wall, surrounding him in a half-circle. There are four guys and two girls. One of the guys has a broken bottle and seems the most aggressive, waving it at the officer threateningly.

"Thought you could mug us, huh? No so tough now you're not in your hood, are you?" he sneers at the officer.

"Teach that *#%@* {derogatory term for an African American} gang-banger a lesson, Dino!" cries one of the girls, encouraging the man with the bottle. This puzzles you, as the cop is white with red hair, pale skin, and freckles, and is wearing uniform.

Shortcut's sudden appearance and question startles the hostile group, and they all look round at him, giving the officer time to draw his weapon.

"Drop the bottle, Dino. You're under arrest!"
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby Bluecross » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:09 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Rosa

Not a good start: Notice (1d20+11=14)


The sign reads: "Chester's Chicken and Grill". With your exceptional powers of observation you notice that they have a "$5 All you can eat special". :D

From memory, Chester's is in the Beach Food Concourse, next door to the Maracena.

Oh, you also notice that the girl seems unusually agitated.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:18 pm

"Woah, chica. Just calm down. You two, let's just figure this out, what'd the guy do?" Rosa asks. If there were a legitamet reason then perhaps they could get a cop or something to sort this out.

[Yeah, she does not have the crime fighter instincts, yet.]

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby Bluecross » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Guardian
HP: 1
CND: Fine


Flying to the vandal and his stolen street sign, Guardian hovers a few inches above the ground in a fighting stance. "Alright big fella. I get it, you're a strong guy. Now put the sign down before you get yourself hurt."


By the time Guardian has parked his bike and returned, the street sign, about eight foot of metal pole with a large lump of pavement still clinging to one end, has been used as a club on the windshield of a passing car. The car, a low-slung coupe, is now stopped, it's doors open. Three young Latino men are facing off the man in the green and pink Hawaiian shirt who has just trashed their car's windshield. One carries a baseball bat, another a tyre iron and the third has pulled a knife. They're very angry, but outgunned.

As Guardian arrives, the man with the street sign is beginning another mighty swing at the car, this time at the front grill. Guardian's intimidating appearance and voice doesn't seem to put the man off, but it distracts him enough that he misses his target, bouncing the pole off the road in front of the car, and merely breaking it's headlights and denting the front bumper.

"My car! Why do you do like this, punk?"

"He crazy! He want to die!"
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby Bluecross » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:29 pm

flynnarrel wrote:"Woah, chica. Just calm down. You two, let's just figure this out, what'd the guy do?" Rosa asks.


"Zombie Chicken in the pot! It won't go in! Are you a zombie chicken too?" the girl asks, raising the sign.

GM: Roll Initiative
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Rosa



Rosa's hand came up reflexively. Along with her hands though her body produced other ways to protect itself as well. From everywhere there was exposed skin, bark spread out, pressing her clothing tight and covering all her possessions as well. The action of it spread seeds over the sidewalk, landing on the girl and covering the melee. Those seeds sprouted instantly, rootlets finding one another to entine the sign bearer and all the combattants wrestling around.

[Snare, are burst, selective attack the three girls AND the chicken. (just because this one's crazy doesn't mean he couldn't be a zombie chicken). Reflex DC 18, fail = entangled, fail > 5 bound and helpless.]

User avatar
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am
Contact:

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby EPIC » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Guardian
HP: 1
CND: Fine

Oooh boy, this could get sticky... Guardian thought to himself as he brought himself in between the group and the big guy swinging a massive post.

Facing the group from the car, he points away. "There's a bit of bizzar situation going on here. I suggest you leave, because quiet honestly, I think he's got out guys out matched for reach and power. I'll take care of him and you can get his insurance information from the police."

Guardian has his back to the big guy, probably not a wise move, but he doesn't think the pole will actually hurt him. Problem with being so tough.

Intimidate (1d20+6=11) Um...that's not a very good intimidate check, they must be REALLY angry.

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Mayhem at the Maracena (IC)

Postby Bluecross » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Rosa v the 'zombie chicken' crew

Intitiative
Rosa 21
Sign girl 13
Chicken 11
Two girls 9

As the agitated girl raises the sign, Rosa reacts instinctively. An amazing transformation takes place, Rosa changing from a girl on her way to work into a living, moving tree. The pavement around her cracks and ripples somewhat as all kinds of plants spring up, twisting and twining around,seeking space and light to grow.

The girl with the sign seems hardly to notice until she's so twined that she literally can't move. A flower at the tip of a vine appears behind one ear, making her look quite charming. The others fare no better, the two girls and the chicken becoming living statues covered in greenery.

"Aaah! Aaah! Zombie Spring Onion! Aaaaaah!" The sign girl is screaming now, sounding actually quite scared. The other two girls are whimpering, and from the chicken you can hear a muffled "Great. Zombie apocalypse on my first day at work. Just great."
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest