Ultimate Marvel 2099 IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Ultimate Marvel 2099 IC

Post by Severance » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:23 am

2099 A.D.
The shining lights of Neo New York pierce the night like a candle admits the darkness. For years, the world had watched as this city grew from a simple metropolis to a goliath of steel, concrete, and chrome. Skyscrapers literally held true to their name and towered about into clouds themselves, bastions of power and prestige. Yet, despite for all its marvelous magnificence, like the cities of the past, such facades fade. Like a gilded watch that tarnishes and wears away to show the imperfection beneath, so too does the grand city of Neo New York. Beneath all of the hi-rise and glimmering glass lay darkened alleyways and streets teeming with the masses. Amidst these throngs of people lie the future of humanity. Gone are the heroes of old and yesteryear, superpowers that literally seem to have a never-ending wellspring seemingly dried up. Now the only thing separating the powerful from the weak, as it always has, is money. With money, one can replace the muscles with fibers that have the tensile strength of steel. With money, one could set-up circuitry in the brain and nervous system to allow amazing levels of computational processes that exceed those of the normal mind. With money, one could become something more than human, more than the mere mortal existence.

...Until now.

The x-gene is nothing new to science. Since the middle of the 20th century, scientists have studied and gather increasing amounts of information about the gene linked to mutation, the "X-factor" as some refer to it as. At first, it was discovered that only a certain margin of humanity had the required x-gene. As studies continued through the years, it was calculated that the estimates were increasing, and by 2070 it was estimated that nearly thirty percent of the world's population contained the x-gene. However, for almost all cases, the gene was dormant and would require distinct factors to activate, factors that could really only occur under precise and controlled circumstances. Those with the gene active would most likely receive only minor change from said gene, as humanity continued to intermingle. The rare cases where mutation does occur in a large frequency would put any street hardware to shame. It was an chaotic process that was best left alone. Enter Alchemax.

Alchemax is one of the largest producers of bio-technological supplies on the planet. Their work in the research on biological processes have led to increased discovery in the world of bio-mechanics, organic-tech interface, and genetics. Unbeknown to all but the most high level employees of Alchemax, the company is current performing secret tests and research, ones that could forever change not just the United States, but the entirety of humanity's history as well...

(EDIT: If any players want to place their introductions here, now would be a good time to do so.)

Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ultimate Marvel 2099 IC

Post by Severance » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:39 am

Psylocke
Psylocke
As the shuttle landed in what used to be the JFK International Airport, Kaira was suddenly aware of how different this place was. She had never been to America, and Neo New York held true to the impression that its predecessor had on newcomers, sheer awe-inspiring with a side of overwhelming dread.

It took a little mental push on Kaira's part to convince the security checkpoint that her Asian appearance was actually the Grecian woman on her passport. The first time she had to resort to such subterfuge had made her feel guilty, but she was getting used to the it now, which frightened her. The visions of Natsuko's memories hadn't diminished since the mind-body transfer, and Kaira felt that she was slowly losing her grip on reality.

Walking amongst the people, many of them minding their own business except for the lustful look she often got from men her were captivated by her appealing physique. At first she was completely disgusted by the fact that men liked this body more than her previous one, but like most things, she was now becoming uncomfortably comfortable with it.

It didn't strike her that she had no idea what she was doing, or where she was going, until a sky-transporter asked her if she needed a ride. She had only a carry-on backpack and a larger suitcase of luggage to her name, and no clue as to where to go. Kaira knew she needed a new life, and America was as good a place as any to start one, but she still didn't have a plan.

"Just take me to a good hotel, please," she said in a slightly British accent.
"No problem" said the cabby in a thick Brooklyn accent. With the simple push of a button, the doors on the back of the sky-transport lifted like hatches, giving the machine the appearance of some strange, yellow winged creature. Hovering a foot above the actual street, you slide your belongings into the transport and step in. Up front, the driver pushes the same button, closing the door. Two more switches are flicked and a display with numbers lights up. A sudden jolt, and the sky-transport rises through the air and above the busy streets of Neo New York.

The cabby works the rear-view mirror, your face reflecting in the silvery material.

"You some kinda model or somthin, lady?"

Lyn LeYon
There are some loud noises coming from a local dive bar just down the alleyway there, people moving; and fast! Then the door is kicked open and a large hulk of a man throws a young woman, merely a slip of a being, out of the bar with full force embedding her into a brick wall. She is motionless... until she speaks!

"Thanks Larry... Back's been killin me anyways..."

The woman slowly takes herself out of the wall, revealing a good 8 inch depression, to a few bricks falling to the ground.

"See ya 'morrow... YA ZONER!"

She half stumbles out from the alleyway to the streets and takes a bottle from a passer by. "Thanks, I'll get ya back *hic* la'er..."

Another day in the life of a superhero...
Even though being thrown out on your rear and being intoxicated on top of that would hinder most normal folk when shuffling along a city sidewalk, you seem to make it along fairly well. When someone seems to almost collide, you simply lean just enough to get out of the way. A side benefit of whatever procedure was attempted on your body. Memories are blurry at best. Every now and again you'll see little bits and pieces in dreams. More like nightmares really. Walking by a newsstand (at least you're pretty sure it's a newsstand), you notice something catch your eye. Cocking your head just enough to make out the details, you see it for what it really is. A woman in a bridal gown. Suddenly pain spikes through your head...

Dress..white...

Yourself in a full-length mirror, dress of lace and white...

"It's beautiful!"

Your voice...your words...

*Flashes*

You're running...wrapped in a sheet...

...white sheet...

*Flashes*

Back in reality your head ceases the jolting pain. You raise the bottle back to your lips. Alas, you've drank it dry.

William Stark/Iron Man
"Clean shirt, new shoes..."

Keypads go crazy with the cacophony of typing. A number of variables calculated at lightning speed and optimum efficiency.

"Silk suit, black tie..."

Design schematics pop up on holo-visuals. A human shaped machine rotates in holographics. Various points are zoomed in on and displayed with notes.

"I don't need a reason why..."

A schematic of the power unit of the device is zoomed in and shown from different angles.

"...every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man."

Young William Stark had been at the grind for around 8 hours, and still he'd yet to figure out the missing piece to the puzzle. Despite being an absolute genius, he still couldn't figure how to push the capacitor and power cells further than they were currently at. It was frustrating, especially since his grandfather, the late great Anthony "Tony" Stark, found the secret. Unfortunately, he had all his armors decommissioned, their interior systems slagged, leaving nothing more than an outer shell. He had built off of those the best he could, with the interior replaced by the best current tech money could buy.

The perpetual music, a habit his father said William inherited from his grandfather, cut off.

"Will, you really should take a break. You aren't a machine, after all. It has been ten hours since you consumed any nutrients" The calm and soothing voice belonged to the A.I. of the house, Jocasta. She was one of the few advanced tech his grandfather left behind.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:41 am

Lyn
HP: 1
Condition: Fine.

Lyn sways a bit to a side after the memory flash "More of them huh?... I know what to do to you..." she raises the bottle to only get a small drip on her tongue "Oh now that isn't a comic*hic*book irony..." she looks to the sky and lets the bottle drop to the ground,
"So what now? Sleep it off? Bust some skulls? Stand here talking to no one would believe exists? *hic* Yeah... players are softy's at heart... I'll sleep it off... Yo news-guy. Where is a hotel or motel or something a gal can sleep in..." she asks the lamp-post next to the newsstand and leans against a random person near her.. possibly the newsstand worker actually...
Last edited by CelticREI on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Iron Man (William Stark)
CND: Fine

"It's only been eight hours 'mom'..." Will looks over at a computer monitor across his workshop, squinting to adjust from short range perception to long range, just to reconfirm his retort was actually correct.

"Fine, eight and a half, tops. I'll be up in a few minutes." and with that, Will hits the override switch to turn his tunes back on.

An hour later, Will makes his way out of the workshop to get some 'nutrients', wondering to himself if there's any left over pizza from the other night.

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by DesertGhost » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Psylocke

Kaira glares at the man through the mirror. She's just about had it with mens obsessions with this body, it felt even more violating than the situation already was.

"Yes, I'm a model, though you've probably never heard of me. I'm new to the runways." Maybe there was a way to make money, though. If she had the stuff now, why not flaunt it. Not like she had a whole lot of options for income at the moment anyway.

She dismissed any more remarks with one word answers, content to view the city and get to know her new landscape. She used to be a member of MI6, but she wasn't actually a field agent. Her specialty was communications, so she wasn't used to all of the cloak and dagger aspects of the job, which she was thrust into at present.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Shadowbourne » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Nightshyft(Anton Wagner)

High atop the towers of Neo New York, a figure sits crouched among the shadows. Precariously perched inbetween the ever present security, it looks like nothing more than a gargoyle one would find on some of the older buildings. ...Here...she has been here. The Blue Lady...my Grandmother....has been here...Suddenly, the eyes snap open with an emerald glare. With barely a sound, the figure pushes off the towers edge and begins to freefall.

What seems like an eternity, but in reality is but a second, the figure reaches out to the wall he is falling past, fingers briefly hitting upon a projection. It is all that is needed, allowing the form to redirect the fall out away from the tower for some distance and giving it a different trajectory...They had seen her...she had been here and told them to believe...she just can't stop preaching...The drak form actually chuckles for a second, the fact that the ground is zooming at him at nearly one hundred miles an hour not bothering him.

As before, the form reaches out. This time it is forward, out towards the buidling now growing larger in front of him. Again, he catches just the barest hint of a ledge. It is enough. This time, the figure actually swings his body down onto the face of the building, running down the wall as if it was a grand walkway. Amazingly, the speed built up in the fall is almost all converted into the stride...Maybe this time she'll stick around longer...NNY is MUCH larger...more here to listen to her...

Slowing down, Anton Wagner, Nightshyft, begins to angle his body towards the darker areas. Keeping to the shadows and darkness ever present in such a densly packed city. Still progressing downwards, the space between the buildings start becoming cluttered with connecting cables and support spans, giving the Nocturnal Nemesis plenty of pathways to choose from. Within a matter of moments, Aton is just a few dozen yards above the streets. This time he alights upon an old lamppost. Scanning out along the moving bodies, Anton spots one weaving abit, some sort of dust falling from her shoulders. Eyes narrowing, he looks for signs of trouble. Either from her or about her...Hmmmm...now why do I feel that there is trouble a brewing...*sigh*...Gran, what have you gotten me into now...With a spring, Nightshyft crosses from the lamppost to the edge of the shadowed building. Clinging to the wall, Anton keeps watch on the seemingly inebriated female, overcome with a sudden sense of chivalry.

Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Severance » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Psylocke
Kaira glares at the man through the mirror. She's just about had it with mens obsessions with this body, it felt even more violating than the situation already was.

"Yes, I'm a model, though you've probably never heard of me. I'm new to the runways."
A slight moment of silence passes between you and driver. "Ya know, I didn't means to stare, miss. I ain't got time for pretty ladies anymore." He flashes a hand with a solid gold band around his finger. "Fifteen years now. I just ain't use to seeing no lady such as yourself walking the streets. Too high class lookin' for this neck of the woods."

The vehicle continues further into the air. Above the more common buildings you can see the nightlife of Neo New York, littered with lights from one end to the other. A monolith stands out amongst all others, the Alchemax building.

"You must be fairly new to the Big Apple, at least from what I can tell. Be careful, they's a lot of folks that would take advantage of that fact in a heartbeat."

Another moment of silence passes and you see the oncoming presence of a fairly large and prestigious building. "Here we are, the Marriott Marquis."
Last edited by Severance on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Severance » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Iron Man
EPIC wrote:Iron Man (William Stark)

"It's only been eight hours 'mom'..." Will looks over at a computer monitor across his workshop, squinting to adjust from short range perception to long range, just to reconfirm his retort was actually correct.

"Fine, eight and a half, tops. I'll be up in a few minutes." and with that, Will hits the override switch to turn his tunes back on.

An hour later, Will makes his way out of the workshop to get some 'nutrients', wondering to himself if there's any left over pizza from the other night.
Opening the fridge, you search around for any leftovers from past nights. Cola, pickles, baking soda...ah! What the heck is that? It's in tin foil so probably not edible. A box in the back...pizza at last. You find a couple slices still in the box worth eating, the rest bits of crust. "Big Tony's Pizzeria"...even at meal time he still taunts you. Throwing the slices in the microwave, you call up the holo-vids for the news.

A pretty blond appears on the screen. "...and in other news, a terrorist plot is foiled by non other than Neo New York's metallic guardian Iron Man." A brief clip is shown of your suited self talking for a moment with local authorities, several suspicious masked men being trussed off in mag-cuffs. Your metallic form then rockets off into the sky. "It is currently unknown at this time what exactly the terrorist's motives were, but it was obviously targeted at the Alchemax building, lead provider of medical advancements in the last ten years."

The microwave beeps, the signal for "nourishment" as Jocasta so firmly put it. However, as you turn to get food, something in the video seems off.
Make a Perception check

Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Severance » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:39 pm

CelticREI wrote:Lyn

Lyn sways a bit to a side after the memory flash "More of them huh?... I know what to do to you..." she raises the bottle to only get a small drip on her tongue "Oh now that isn't a comic*hic*book irony..." she looks to the sky and lets the bottle drop to the ground,
"So what now? Sleep it off? Bust some skulls? Stand here talking to no one would believe exists? *hic* Yeah... players are softy's at heart... I'll sleep it off... Yo news-guy. Where is a hotel or motel or something a gal can sleep in..." she asks the lamp-post next to the newsstand and leans against a random person near her.. possibly the newsstand worker actually...
Luckily for you the fella you asked was nice enough to point you in the direction of the a hotel you knew well, named the "Sleep Easy". However, the lamppost had felt the need to call you a "boozed up broad". You stumble off across the street...
Need a Perception check, at a -2 because of the amazing level of drunkenness.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Iron Man (William Stark)

Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Severance » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 am

EPIC wrote:Iron Man (William Stark)
You almost missed it, but quickly you pause the holo-vid. You notice something under the edge of one of the terrorist's jackets. Upon zooming in in you find a symbol, almost like a tag. It looks to be almost like a target.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:04 am

Iron Man (William Stark)

"Wait a sec....what do we have here...? Jocasta, can you run a reference on this symbol here?" Hoping the AI can find a match through various databases that might help identify this as a mark of some relevance.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:57 am

Severance wrote:
Need a Perception check, at a -2 because of the amazing level of drunkenness.
Lyn

1d20-2=9
(OOC: Why did I forget to give her Perception? lol)
Edit: I forgot to add in the 2 she gets from Awareness. So it should be 11.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by DesertGhost » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:22 am

Psylocke

Feeling a bit guilty for judging her driver, Kaira tipped him double the standard amount. "Thanks," she said with a smile over her shoulder as she pulled her luggage out and walked into the hotel.

After checking in, Kaira went upstairs and showered before settling down on the bed to paint her toes and brush her hair. Tomorrow she would have to look for work and she wanted to be fresh and presentable for any on-the-spot interviews she may earn, even though most of the job search would be online.

Her instincts told her to check the room for electronic listening devices or assassins in the closet, but she knew these were Natsuko's instincts and ignored them; Kaira was determined to not lose herself in this body, and she had never been paranoid before.

Kaira set the alarm clock for 5:00 am in hopes that the hotel had a gym she could visit before starting her day.

Foomy
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Foomy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:27 am

Rescue

*Standby...Standby

Initial Boot Sequence activated
Physical System Diagnostic....... All Green.
Internal Computer System Diagnostic....... All Green.
A.I. Integrity....... 100%

Initiating system activation*

A hissing sound is heard as the internal energy pack disconnects from the generator that had been charging it, a plate to hide that port sliding into place. The open yet blank eyes blink to life as the initial boot up sequence runs is final checks and the android's systems confirm their readiness and activate, one by one.

Audio Sensors active...

"-u were right man... this tech is really cutting edge. Who'd have thought a score like this would have been so easy to come by?"

"You hear that? I thought i heard something drop over here..."

Voices... According to his sensors, no more than 10 yards away...

Visual and Vital sensors active...Vision impaired, scan of material detects cloth covering entirety of visual area. Thermal vision activated. Four thermal patterns detected, Three active, One inactive

Three vital signs detected, two elevated heart-rates in correspondence to adrenaline production within human biological functions. Third vital signature weak and getting weaker. Fourth vital sign non-responsive. Priority set.

"You're hearing things man, don't worry about it. We have to start loading up the tech and getting out of here. Check what's under that sheet over there. I just hope that old man didn't have some sort of silent alarm set up. We don't need the pigs down our throats"

"Right... But you didn't have to shoot the old guys."

"Just shut up and get to work!"

"Alright alright!"

Situation Analysis: Elevated heart rates belong to criminals. Charges: Attempted theft, Attempted homicide, Possible Breaking and Entering.
Weakened vital signs belong to possible owner of the surrounding area. Wounded by gunshot. Possible 4th individual, injured or deceased as vital scans read unresponsive. Detecting nearby hospitals and police stations... Route set.

Relaying situation to nearest police station. Requesting Assistance.

Motor Functions activated...

As one of the crooks attempts to lift a sheet off of what whatever it is the sheet is covering, suddenly a hand shoots out from beneath it and grabs hold of him. An instant later the young man is electrocuted, enough of a shock to stun him into submission and leave him temporarily paralyzed as the jolts through his nervous system wear off. The android moves quickly, dropping the stunned criminal as it stands, then leaps toward the other. The man screams and fires his gun at the rapidly approaching figure only to have the bullets bounce off its protective armor. The second criminal is taken hold of and again the systems used to stun the first into submission are activated. The second criminal drops, same as the first.

Criminals subdued, Priority re-established: Rescue wounded individual.

A visual scan of the area for any more potentially harmful targets comes up negative, however the fourth thermal signature is now confirmed as a deceased individual. Priority over-ride's the android's scan regarding the deceased man's identity and proceeds with his primary function.

Within moments the nearest hospital emergency room sees what looks like a teenager, roughly 15 or 16 years old with various metal components seemingly fused into his body as if he were pulled out of some sort of cyber-punk fiction story, walk in carrying an older gentleman.

"This man has been gravely wounded and requires immediate medical assistance!"