When Realities Collide - Marvel IC <Closed>

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Locked
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

When Realities Collide - Marvel IC <Closed>

Post by CelticREI » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:31 am

Placeholder for the Marvel Universe IC of When Realities Collide ^_^
I'll edit this as the first post when it is needed.
Last edited by CelticREI on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by BlindPugh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:23 am

Quicksilver- Pietro Maximoff
Mysterious guy wrote:"They have a speedste..."
"How the H..."
Pietro was in shock, this was impossible he is the fastest man on earth how could? he turned to run, he needed to warn the others that these people were superhuman.

It took a second to realise he was back where he had started, he almost froze, turned in as small an arc as running on water permits.
"WANDA"
He raced back toward Wundagore, he felt a fool he'd left her with Cthon it explained everything that had just happened. He just prayed he was in time to free her.
OOC wrote:d20+8=19 you can choose if perception or insight is more appropriate my mod is the same for either
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by Berior » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:09 am

What in heaven's name was that ? An hallucination ? No, he felt weak, still as weak as he felt when he was fighting that robot thing.
1d20+8 = 9 urgh, bad roll, karma for one shoting amazo I guess. Oh well, whatever comes I'm pretty sure I can survive it. Oh well, at least since it's perception roll I shouldn't get any penalty for hearing the things, unless it's more than 18 miles away

JBeatnik
Groupie
Groupie
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 am

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by JBeatnik » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Nightcrawler raises his eyebrow quizzically, confused, still carrying the pieces of the robot. He should get in touch with Quicksilver immediately, to compare notes on his experiences, as well as get this pile of metal down to the lab for Beast to look at. Nightcrawler pauses for a moment, then decides that he should have Beast or the Professor do a Psych Eval on him, just to make sure he hasn't been hallucinating. God be with him.
Perception: 1d20+4=21

Severance
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by Severance » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Taskmaster
HP: 0

As if he had just flipped a light switch to off then on, he was again back to where he started. The same street, the same SHIELD borrowed car. The nausea was still harsh, but he held back the need to hurl. Everyone else was gone, sent somewhere else. He needed to figure out these distortions fast before he ended up biting off more than he can chew again.
Perception: 1d20+10 = 21

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by CelticREI » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Taskmaster wrote: The three of you notice something about when you left and came back: It wasn't just in the same place, but the exact same time. Talia throwing the hex-blast that Nightcrawler teleported to dodge, and teleporting to the spot you were aiming for, Quicksilver spots his footsteps 'wake' as he turns around is still going back a good 30 feet, Taskmaster sees the SHIELD car with that cute blond, the same one that he noticed right before ending up on the rooftop.
It's as if time stood still while you were gone...
Plutonian wrote: While you don't notice the same time awkwardness that the other three do, you know the fight wasn't a dream as you lift your hand and still have Amazo's 'heart' in your palm. And what's with the small red dots counting... d....o...w..n.
GM wrote: You can either give me a roll to throw it, or to soak it, or you can try to do something else, your choice ^_^
DC30 (most likely Strength, but if you are crafty and explain I will accept something else too) to throw out of range of hurting anyone or DC25 Penetrating to soak so it doesn't hurt anyone else around (it's a mini reactor, it's gonna make a *big* boom) Anything else feel free to either ask in here or via PM.
Nightcrawler wrote: While Kurt isn't having as severe an issue as his fellow universe jumper, Amazo's parts are designed to leave no evidence. As Nightcrawler is taking them to see Beast they start to break apart... into little... mechanical spiders?!
GM wrote: If you can think of anything to catch about 50 mech-spiders (about the size of a normal house spider) I'm all ears (if not then the following happens)
They flow from Kurt's hands and into the walls of the X-Mansion.
...Why do you have a feeling that might come back to haunt you?...
Quicksilver wrote: It takes an hour or so, but you make it back to Mt. Wundagore to find your sister safe and sound, although "alright" is something she is not...
Scarlet Witch wrote: "Brother, I have had the most awful visions. You along with Nightcrawler, and two other heroes I could not recognize were fighting a large robot-man... It felt... it felt like when I made everything better with the House of M for a moment."
She's obviously shaken up and her eyes are slightly glassed over, as if she has been watching many things and her eyes are not focusing on the present anymore. (allowing a bit of carry over from your Perception roll, and considering you know Wanda so well)
Taskmaster wrote: In addition to noticing that time seems to have stopped while you were gone, a nagging in your brain tells you to check your katana. Looking at it you find some of that machine-guy's skin still clinging to it as well as a small bit of what looks like oil.
GM wrote: While I am giving you folks separate things, I'm all for people finding each other and trying to team up ^_^
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by Berior » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Plutonian: 2HP

Upon seeing the numbers counting down Plutonian focused and the world slowed down to a crawl.
So, it was a bomb then, he wondered why every bombs had some sort of very informative countdown.
By the time that thought formed and was analysed in his mind a couple hundreds electron switched to a lower energy state in one of the wire of the bomb, electricity crawling through the "heart" of the machine to change one of the red number.

It was easy for Plutonian to get distracted in this state, he moved fast enough that he seemed to have all the time in the world.

The machine man had been relatively strong, that meant he had needed some serious energy output to power himself. Chances were his heart contained some sort of radioactive isotope. That meant Plutonian could not afford to just throw the thing into the air. Even if the blast didn't hurt anyone it would still cause some radioactive fallout. For the same reason he could not just curl up on the bomb and take the blast. The direct damage to the area would be minimal and he wouldn't suffer from radiation, he was immune to it, but some was bound to leak off. He needed a safe place to dispose of it. Someplace with very thick walls, more than airtight and far off.

Electricity crawled another thousandth of an inch.

He looked down, something he often did while thinking. Down, of course, that was the answer.
Plutonian started spinning into place as fast as he could, his form blurred in streaks of white and red as he used his spin and speed to burrow under the earth. A few seconds later he had moved 4 miles underground when the bomb went off.

The explosion wasn't as bad as he feared, the ground all around him for 45 feet was vaporised and the edge of the blast were burned, baked and packed solid by the inferno of heat and concusive force. When it all cleared up Plutonian brushed off a speck of dust from his shoulder. He had had doubts that he could take the blast, normaly this kind of things would have been trivial but whatever had happened had weakened him. A lot.
Good to know the old body was still as resistant as ever.

He felt weary, something that rarely happened to him. Obviously a side effect of having been weakened and his effort to move so much earth around. It couldn't be helped he supposed. He looked around him and saw nothing, well duh, if there was one power he didn't have it was the ability to see in total darkness.

It was cool down there and he realised the sounds that naturaly assaulted him everyday of his life were dimmed. In fact if he didn't pay attention he didn't hear anything at all. To think that for all these years he flew to outer space when he needed some quiet when could just have dug a hole.

He laughed out loud, this was so weird, here in the dark cool earth he was more at peace than he had ever been. Even in space he had been able to turn around and see the Earth below. A constant reminder of his responsabilities. But here, nothing.

He settled down on this small newly formed cavern. He was weary and there were other heroes, the world could take care of itself for a while. He had saved a bus full of kids, destroyed a dangerous machine and protected the world from a bomb. And two of those had been done while he was weak. He thought the world could take care of itself for an hour or two while he got his strength back.

He made a mental note of making sure he could find this hole again if he needed and to contact the x-men later to see if this blue dissapearing person was one of them. He couldn't track down Quicksilver, well he supposed he could call the avengers as well. the skull masked one however would have to find him of he wanted to talk to him. Plutonian had no idea of who he was.

He wrapped himself in his cape and closed his eyes, just for an hour or two.
Breakdown of his actions: Free action to switch to speed and quickness, made the plan in 1/8 of a seconds, extra effort to stunt burrowing of his strength. Double move with burrowing to get 4 miles down.
And finaly made the save against the bomb.
Now he'll rest for an hour to get rid of the fatigued condition.

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by BlindPugh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:35 am

Quicksilver- Pietro Maximoff
GM wrote:She's obviously shaken up and her eyes are slightly glassed over, as if she has been watching many things and her eyes are not focusing on the present anymore. (allowing a bit of carry over from your Perception roll, and considering you know Wanda so well)
OOC wrote:I'm assuming with the Perception carry over (Thankyou for that) that I can see none of the telltale signs of possession by Cthon.
Seems Pietro's jumping to conclusions is getting him nowhere :P
Scarlet Witch wrote: "Brother, I have had the most awful visions. You along with Nightcrawler, and two other heroes I could not recognize were fighting a large robot-man... It felt... it felt like when I made everything better with the House of M for a moment."
"Hush now" he reached out & put an arm around her shoulder to reassure her.
"This is nothing like that." looking over his sister toward his hand he twiddled his fingers 'til they disappeared completely from sight. fast as ever he thought finally relaxing a little.
"NOTHING like that at all." "Bova" he called into the distance, awaiting what seemed to him an eternity before the old Cow appeared.
"Please see to it my sister rests, she's had a hard day." seeing Wanda taken under Bova's care & escorted away he began to think of where to go next.
Avenger's Tower? No. Stark would merely attempt to cut him out of dealing with the problem.
The Infinite mansion it was then, for all Pym's flaws he kept good records

He turned & raced away without so much as a word to the other occupants of the mountain, though with his key he needed only to find any door it still could not be fast enough.
He entered the Infinite mansion still speeding & heading for the nearest console.
OOC wrote:Using quickness for computer use I want to run 2 searches, one for the last reported sighting of the Plutonian & one for any time or reality manipulating villains not currently accounted for.
Then he'll try to open a line to wherever the Avengers think the X-men currently are
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

JBeatnik
Groupie
Groupie
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 am

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by JBeatnik » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:57 am

Kurt's jaw drops as the spiders skitter all over the floor and into the walls. He futilely attempts to grab at them, but there are just too many. Giving up, he rushes down to the lab, spotting Beast at a computer looking over some strange chemical sample.

"Good day, Kurt" Beast says without turning from his chair. "Is something the matter? I heard you fumbling around in the hallway."
"Yes, yes, Hank!" Nightcrawler takes a moment to compose himself. Beast doesn't like it when he gets overly excited. "I was just teleported through time and space to a building, and fought some sort of robot. I was teleported back and I had pieces of the robot, but it turned into spiders and scampered off into the walls."
Beast turns his chair around slowly, giving Kurt an appraising look. "Kurt, I know you have never been into any sort of drug, but this seems like a chemical induced hallucination. We should put you under observation immediately."

Nightcrawler nods, "Yes, that's why I came to you first. We also need to get in touch with Quicksilver, he was there with me."

"Very well then, have a seat. I'll start the tests."

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:06 am

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by Sriseru » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 pm

She-Venom
HP: 2

She-Venom fades in while biting nothing but air. She looks around confused as she fades out again.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by CelticREI » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:03 am

Plutonian wrote: An hour or two seems to take forever when awake and yet come all too soon while asleep, you wake to the deep darkness that you feel asleep to though it is a bit off. Focusing on it finds that the 'cave' has a bit of radiation in it after all, very faint almost like someone turned on a few microwaves while you slept, but it's there none the less. If that is all the radiation held in Amazo's heart then that was a very well built system.
Feeling rested you are ready for more adventure, or a normal day perhaps; rare as they are. A question comes to your mind, how are you going to get back out?
Quicksilver wrote: Going over the computer as fast as you can, and thanks to Pym making the processors able to keep up with your typing, finds that there are no reality-shaping mutants unaccounted for.
You are able to see breaking news of Plutonian digging a hole into the earth after he saved a bus load of children and he has not been seen since (OOC: Because of Quicksilver running back to Wundagore times are a bit off, right now is about the time he'd be waking up above.) Pym's computer is able to give you a small pda with the GPS coordinates of where Plutonian was last seen. (OOC: treat it as a 1ep equipment with this one purpose, give you directions to where Plutonian saved the bus, feel free to toss it/put it back when that is done with whenever you get around to it.)
Placing a call to the X-Mansion gets you their voicemail.
Nightcrawler wrote: Hank starts the tests of examining Kurt for any abnormalities, trace of mind control, and other things.
"Fascinating... Your body is putting off trace amounts of what seems to be microwaves..." he pulls out a small metal box attached to a device that looks like a microphone and it starts to click when brought near Kurt, in the background a phone rings a few times before you hear the click meaning it went to voicemail. "Stars and Garters... it isn't microwaves but some form of radiation like it..." he notices Kurt's blue fur pale just slightly "Oh! Nothing dangerous, it is a trace amount coming from you and the tests I was performing show no signs of bodily harm from it... it's just... some form of void energy..."
"The Elf isn't going to start glowing green is he doc?"
"Ah Logan, glad to see you back from your trip to Japan. No, our Mr. Wagner here is in no danger of anything like that. ...Fascinating..." he stands and gets some more equipment "Kurt, could you go upstairs and grab your other suit? I'd like to see if this energy is coming from you and your uniform or just you."
She-Venom wrote: She-Venom knows something is up, the rat she caught and started eating right before you went to that alley is at her feet, still warm even. As long as it was, it should have been picked up by some other scavenger or at least cold by now. And there was this feeling she was having, like a thin layer of something was on her skin...
Blink wrote: Blink reappears in the Panoptichron to looking at the same monitors "Whoa... how odd..." then she goes off to find Heather.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Severance
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by Severance » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:30 am

Taskmaster
HP: 0

"It's almost like I never left..." Looking at the trace amounts of oil and skin on his sword, he pulls out a clean piece of white cloth from one of web-belt's pockets. Sliding it along the blade, the bits of the android gather easily enough onto it.

Getting back into the car with the cute SHIELD agent, Taskmaster looks over to her. "Take what's in this cloth to SHIELD headquarters and have it fully analyzed. It may give us some info on the whole distortions going about."

The others that were there with me may be connected. Perhaps these isolated events aren't random. Out of the five people that were sent to that rooftop, he recognized three from his world. He wasn't a mathematician, but what was the likelihood that most of the people distorted were going to be from around here? He had to find out if they were connected someway. Of course, he couldn't just waltz into the Avengers mansion and ask for Quicksilver, and he didn't even know hardly anything about the guy with the cape. However, the blue fuzzball might be available. He hadn't started anything with the X-Men...in recent history anyway.

"I need you to drop me off at the Xavier Institute for the Gifted."
I'm just going to assume that it's known by most of the supers community that Xavier's school is more than it seems. A guy like Taskmaster who's been working for all these years might know. Tell me if I'm stretching it or not.

Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by Berior » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:27 pm

That was the most peaceful rest Plutonian had had in years.
He stretched and accidently bumped the wall with his fist, leaving a small hole behind. He was quickly reminded that he had to keep himself under control. Here all he had done was make a small hole in a bigger hole, but up above, he could someone if he wasn't careful.

Waking up in total darkness left him a bit disoriented, but by focusing he could just make out the din of the city. So up was that way then. He had a nagging feeling against his skin, so the blast hadn't be completely void of radiation then. Good thing he had dug down. It would probably dissipate in a month or so but he hadn't been willing to take the risk of it happening above.

Still, now he needed to get out of here. When he had dug the tunnel he had been sure to let it collapse behind him to avoid even minute amount of radiation leaking out. Of course now that left him trapped. He supposed he could dig his way out by hands but even with his prodigious strength and speed it would take days. He supposed he'd have to use the spinning trick again.

He burrowed rapidly through the earth but this time he didn't dig his way straight up, instead he burrowed for a couple of miles at an horizontal, just enough to get away from the city above. Then he veered up and reappeared to the surface just a couple miles outside of the city. This time he made sure to leave a tunnel behind. He searched the area for a large boulder and used it to plug the entrance of the tunnel. Now he had a place to rest.

He supposed that now he would have to call the avenger, his first choice would have been the X-men but he wasn't sure of how to contact them. He had only been active for a couple of years and hadn't made many contacts, mostly by choice. Everyone knew the Avengers however.
Before he could call them he had apparently two small matters to attend to.

30 seconds later plutonian was wrapping up around two guys who had the stupid idea of trying to rob a liquor store. 10 seconds after that he was getting a cat back down from a tree. He was apparently still very weak. He should have been able to handle those things in less than half the time it took him.

He wasn't quite sure of where the Avengers had their headquarter these days but he was certain that he could find out at Stark tower, with luck the avengers would be there, if not an adress could be supplied to him. That meant that he had to go to New york. Not the easiest prospect given that he was currently in Detroit.
At his full power it would have taken him all of a minute, now he wasn't sure but he supposed it would take him about an hour. Better get going then.

He rose up throught the air and accelerated toward New york.
He watched as the country side moved slowly under him. He had never before had the opportunity to look down and see what it looked like. He usually just blurred by.

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by BlindPugh » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:12 pm

X-Men's voicemail wrote:No time for hellos. This is a message for Nightcrawler I need you to meet Quicksilver at (Insert last known coordinates for Plutonian) IMMEDIATELY.
OOC wrote:He has a charming phone manner I know :P
Pietro scans the room. Hm passing messages was easier with the infinite Jocastas I must tell Pym to build more he thought.
Then clipping the PDA to his belt he headed for the door that would open nearest his location.
OOC wrote:spending extra effort to increase my speed to 11.
If Athletics can be rolled untrained then attempting DC 15 check to increase my speed to 12 not sure what Stat I add but my roll is natural 20 so I should manage it anyway. speeding off to Plutonian's position.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

JBeatnik
Groupie
Groupie
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 am

Re: When Realities Collide - Marvel IC

Post by JBeatnik » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Nightcrawler *BAMFs* upstairs to his room. Quickly scanning, he sees nothing of out place from what he remembers. He looks himself over, making sure all his parts teleported with him. "Kurt, you're just being paranoid", he thinks. Things have gone wrong with his teleporting before, it is always his worst fear that something would go wrong. Gathering his spare costume up, he gives the room another look. He had a lot of history here, it would be a horrible tragedy if something were to happen to him. It has been a long time, and even knowing his biological family, he had always felt more at home here at the school. Still, there is a problem to solve, so there is no time to relax and reflect. A small blinking light on his phone caught his eye, but he'd have to check it later...

*BAMF*

Back in the lab, he teleports, crouched on the back of one of the lab chairs, holding out his costume with his tail to Beast and grinning broadly. "Here you are, Herr McCoy! Fresh and clean laundry, just like you ordered!"

Locked