When Realities Collide - DC IC <Closed>

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

When Realities Collide - DC IC <Closed>

Post by CelticREI » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:31 am

Ambrose Chase Intro wrote: A gag... a good one at that. Fooling folks to believe himself dead and then again stating the Time Distortion field was thanks to his disappearances, Ambrose knows better... shifts in the very fabric of reality... shifts that even he can't control. It is during a small celebration that another of these shifts catches up to him, as if they are drawn to him like a moth to flame... a, slowly becoming normal, sensation washes over Ambrose as the background of the party fades to black and fades back in to an alleyway, one that you very quickly not alone in...
Backlash Intro wrote: Jodi got herself into trouble again... this time with a big Daemonite. It was one hell of a fight, but the two of you were able to best him. Even though he got away, today was a victory.
She was saying something about her dating a boy when the back of your neck started to tingle, not even enough warning to say to Jodi "Something is wrong" and the world fades to black. You might think for a quick moment that there was some sinister poison or drug that was applied to you in that Daemonite battle.
The thought doesn't even have enough time to mull in your mind before the 'lights' turn back on... it's now day, and you are in an alleyway. One that just became crowded...
She-Venom Intro wrote: Hunger.
She-Venom stops her nightly patrol to find some rats and maybe later swing by that hot-dog vendor she likes... he always runs away, but he leaves the cart for you to snack.
Another slow night, only Shocker was making some sport and he never stays long to play with you, especially once he learned you weren't as hurt by his machines as your 'dad' was. Finding a nice sized rat you savor it a bit until suddenly your Spider-Sense goes off, not only goes off but is screaming! You swirl around, things seeming to go black for a quick moment before you turn fully into... daylight? You are clinging to a wall in an alleyway, it's day now and a quick flash of Spider-Sense tells you that you are no longer alone...
Starfire Intro wrote: "Titans. Go!"
Robin always sounded so powerful when he yelled that... You welled up inside with your righteous fury and let out a barrage of starbolts at CinderBlock as Raven threw a car into him and Beast Boy turned into a Triceratops and crashed into him from behind. Another day of being a Titan ^_^
Just as you are about to unleash another barrage on the falling foe the world goes black, and before you could even let out an "eep!" the world is back to normal... only you are now in an alleyway... all the way on the other side of Jump City!
And you suddenly are around others...
Blink Intro wrote: Blink is sitting at the monitor desk in the Panoptichron watching over the different multiverse's go about their business. A sudden chill down her spine and she is deep in an alleyway of somewhere she doesn't know...
"Um guys? Morph, Heather? If this is a joke about eating the last of the pizza, it's not funny..." she saying into the odd bracelet she has on her right arm.
A primal yell breaks her out of wondering why no one is answering her and she looks up to see a pair of creatures...
"Crap..." she reaches back to... an empty quiver "Double crap..."
she starts backing up to find she just walked into the middle of 4 other beings, a black man in all white, a female... Venom? A man in black and white costume and a girl floating in the air.
"Well... hate to interrupt or anything but I could use some help..." she points to the two creatures now stepping from the shadow. Starfire may think them Belivan Beetle-bugs, Ambrose would think large bugs too. Backlash may think it is a new Daemonite and She-Venom knows a predator when she sees it...
Image
GM wrote: Lets roll some Initiatives. Feel free to talk as well ^_^
I put the Initiative Order below so folks have an easy reference. I'll update it as people roll init and as battle goes on.
Initiative Order wrote: Ambrose Chase - 49
She-Venom - 18
Starfire - 14
Backlash - 11
Brood A - 7
Brood B - 3
Last edited by CelticREI on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by DesertGhost » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:44 am

Backlash
HP: 1


"Jodi... What the #$@&?" Backlash exclaims as he finds himself in an unfamiliar alleyway with a group of costumed individuals. Taking in the scene as quickly as possible, he figures the others are SPBs (Super Powered Beings), but before he can devise a plan of action, a threat presents itself.

"Daemonites!" Moving with superhuman reflexes, Backlash manifests a purple energy whip from the back of his right hand and lashes out at one of the creatures, looking to penetrate its hide with the psychic energy - moving as fast as a bullet - and then wrapping it up in the psionic tendril to take it out of the fight.
Initiative Check: 1d20+10=11 (Some "superhuman reflexes" :lol:).

Standard Action: Attack with Psionic Whip using Fast Attack advantage to make a Grab attempt if the attack is successful. Psi-Whip Attack: 1d20+16=35, Grab Attempt if Attack is Successful: 1d20+15=34 (two 19's in a row, guess that makes up for the 1 on Initiative :)).

Vermillion
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Contact:

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by Vermillion » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Ambrose Chase
HP: 1


"Figures I'd go from a party right into a fight in an alleyway." Ambrose took a second to take in the view as his powers slowed everythiiiiiinnnngggggg dooooowwwwwnnnn tooooooo aaaaaa ccrrrraaaawwwwlllllll.

The monster was all scales and teeth, and Ambrose had the feeling he saw some of these beings before, maybe in one of the Planetary Guides. As he searched his memory, he saw what looked like purple energy snake out of the older man's hand and slowly whip it's way towards the creature.

*Well, I am going to go ahead and assume this thing does not mean well. Maybe this guy will have an easier time if I distract it a bit*, he pondered. As he continued his self-conference, he drew his favorite pistols from his back holsters, jumped through the air, and began firing.

Image
Initiative (Time Control) (1d20+46=49)

Free Action: Using Time Control, rolled initiative and drew his weapons.

Immediate: Used Well-Informed (Investigation) to learn about those present in the alleyway. Investigation (Well-Informed) (1d20+6=24)

Standard Action: Attack with Rapid Attack using Split Heavy Pistols and Multiattack, targeting both Brood.
Pistol Attack Damage 4 (1d20+12=25, 1d20+12=29)

Move Action: Ambrose moves to the closest ally he can see, firing while he does. He moves half his move, attacks, then continue to his max movement allowance.

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:06 am

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by Sriseru » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:28 pm

She-Venom
HP: 1

She-Venom doesn't have time to react to the others' presence, as her immediate attention falls upon the two creatures.
She lets out a menacing growl.
"Ooh, two overgrown bugs, I wonder what they taste like!" She-Venom muses before lashing out a bladed tendril toward one of the creatures.
Initiative Check: 1d20+14=18.

Standard Action: Tendril Attack: 1d20+10=17, Resistance Difficulty: 10+15=25 (Penetrating).

Karma
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: Halloween Town
Contact:

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by Karma » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Starfire
HP: 1


"Robin!" Starfire shouts. The green energy around her hands and eyes bursts to life as she glares around the alley--but she spots only people who look as surprised as she feels. Fellow victims more likely than culprits.

Than the woman shouts for help and Starfire spots the beetles. To distract them from trying to figure out their situation? Perhaps, but if so it's working; she can't ignore those creatures and let these people fend for themselves.

Starfire doesn't touch the ground, but she doesn't take off into the air, either--removing herself as a target means more attacks against the others, and that was unacceptable until she saw how well their durability stacked up against hers. She pulls back her right hand, and the green energy around it coalesces into an almost solid mass. This she hurls at the nearest of the beasts with a furious cry.
OoC wrote:Initiative 14
Starfire stays near the ground and makes a standard Starbolt attack against the closest of the bugs. Attack roll is 15. If that hits, Toughness DC is 27.
Last edited by Karma on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by CelticREI » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Ambrose Chase wrote: From what you remember, you know of Starfire, and should Backlash give you his name you would know of him as well (the costume can be faked, so without proof you don't know if it is him or not). Odd though, specifics of Starfire and Backlash aren't coming to memory, nor is anything on She-Venom, Blink or these creatures...
You move and would perforate the poor creatures who seem to have no defense to speak of, if not for their armored hides, to everyone else it may seem as bullets just flew from in front of Blink. While Chase seemed to teleport from one side of her to another.
Damage wrote: Both Brood take no damage thanks to Impervious Toughness.
She-Venom wrote: She-Venom's aim is true and she penetrates one of the Brood's hide (We'll say Brood A), spilling black and red blood from it's back, but still standing somehow.
Damage wrote: Brood A is Dazed and has -1 to Damage. 15 vs DC25
Starfire wrote: Starfire's starbolt hits Brood B right in the face, leaving a blackened and mad bug...
Damage wrote: Brood B is also Dazed and has -1 to Damage. 15 vs DC27
Backlash wrote: Backlash lets out his whip at Brood A, aiming to take it out of the fight one way or another.
Damage wrote: Brood A now has -2 to Damage, and is Bound by Backlash (Defenseless, Immobile, Impaired) 9 vs DC17. 15 vs DC34
Brood A wrote: Brood A is Bound and can't do anything. It loses Dazed though.
Brood B wrote: Brood B rushes over to Ambrose Chase, but is Dazed so can't do anything else. It loses Dazed.
GM wrote: That's the end of Round 1. Next round coming up. Ambrose is first in line.
Status Conditions wrote: Brood A: -2 to Damage, Bound (by Backlash).
Brood B: -1 to Damage.
Last edited by CelticREI on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Vermillion
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Contact:

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by Vermillion » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:58 am

Ambrose Chase
HP: 1


Ambrose grimaced as the bullets bounced off the creature. "F@&k you."

One of the creatures seemed to understand the intent, if not the language, of the insult. It managed to shake off it's stupor and came running at him.

"Fine," Ambrose muttered. "That just means I need to get....closer." A flick of his wrist alters his field once again, pushing the creature down against the pavement.

In a flash of white, he blasted towards the monster, intending to shove the gun barrel down it's throat.
Free Action: None.

Move Action: Ambrose moves up to close range with Brood B.

Standard Action: Activate Gravity Control (Move Object 9) on Brood B, moving him down. No need for attack roll.

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by DesertGhost » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 am

Backlash
HP: 1


Staying where he is, well out of reach of the melee, Backlash starts analyzing the other's fighting abilities, and possible identities. While doing that, he gives an afterthought to the Brood in the grasp of his psi-whip, by means of a pulse of psionic energy that ignites from the whip all at once.

Free Action: Maintain Grab Result.

Move Action: Taking time to scan each member of the "team" to figure out fighting style and/or identities (didn't give him assessment, but not really needed, I guess. Here's a roll, if you need one 1d20=6 results in a 16 (Expertise: Military), 15 (Investigation) or 13 (Perception).

Standard Action: Psionic Pulse against Bound Brood. Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; Daze, Stunned, Incapacitated).

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:06 am

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by Sriseru » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:50 am

She-Venom
HP: 2

She-Venom roars as she leaps over the bound Brood, lashing out two tendrils from her arms while above it.
Move Action: Leaping over Brood A.

Standard Action: Tendril Attack: 1d20+10=20 against Brood A, Toughness DC: 25 (Penetrating)

Karma
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: Halloween Town
Contact:

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by Karma » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Starfire
HP: 2


Now both of the creatures were within biting range of her de-facto allies. Starfire figured that the clawed woman was almost certainly no more vulnerable than herself, but that the man may need her help.

She flew forward, driving her left fist toward the beetle's carapace with force few humans could match.
OoC wrote:Move: Fly adjacent to Brood B
Standard: Unarmed attack using Power Attack for +/-1. Attack roll is 17, Toughness DC is 24.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by CelticREI » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Ambrose Chase wrote: Gravity is definitely your friend, and these creatures worst nightmare as up to 12 tons of pressure is put on the things back. You might hear a faint sound of armor cracking under the pressure although no damage is dealt the creature gives out a slight yell of anger and pain. Making it easy to get close to it's immobile form
Damage wrote: Brood B is pinned easily and not moving as long as Chase keeps up his Gravity Control.
She-Venom wrote: More agile moves and slicing tendrils from She-Venom as she leaps over Brood A and slashes it's hide. And because it is pinned down by Backlash, that hit is actually a Crit.
Damage wrote: Brood A is now incapacitated (though not dying) 13 vs DC30
Starfire wrote: A mighty punch from Starfire into Brood B
Damage wrote: Brood B is Staggered and now has -2 to Damage. 13 vs DC24
Backlash wrote: Backlash is about to give Brood A some shock therapy when She-Venom takes it out. So he tugs the psi-whip a bit tighter to make sure this thing doesn't get back up.
Damage wrote: Routine check to put Brood A from Incapacitated to Dying. It will be dead on it's next turn should nothing else happen, or someone can hit it again and it'll die then, either way.
Brood A wrote: Brood A is Incapacitated, Dying.
Brood B wrote: Brood B is Staggered and pinned (Immobile) by Chase's Gravity Control.
GM wrote: That's the end of Round 2. Next round coming up. Ambrose is first in line.
Status Conditions wrote: Brood A: Incapacitated, Dying.
Brood B: -2 to Damage, Staggered, Immobile.
Last edited by CelticREI on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by DesertGhost » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Going for the kill. These things shouldn't be left alive :twisted:.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by CelticREI » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm

GM wrote: Noted and edited the post. Round 3 here we come!
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Vermillion
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Contact:

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by Vermillion » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Ambrose Chase
HP: 1 -> 0


A smile crossed Ambrose's face as the...orange?....peach?....flying girl landed a nice shot to the creature's...well, wherever on it's anatomy, it looked like it hurt.

He cocks the hammers on both his guns and crams them into the creature's mouth, the closest opening in the thick armor. Avoiding the snapping of the monster's razor sharp teeth with another quick flick of gravity pressure, he manages to wedge his way in and point at what he hopes is far softer and squishier parts.

The scream of high-caliber bullets cascading out of his guns says the rest.
Free Action: Using Extra Effort: Action.

Move Action: None.

Standard Action: Maintain Gravity Control (Move Object 9) on Brood B, still holding him down. No need for attack roll.

Extra Action: Attack using Dual Pistol Attack, with Multiattack, All-Out Attack (+2 Attack, -2 Dodge/Parry), Power Attack (+2 Effect, -2 Attack).
Dual Pistol Attack Damage 10 (1d20+12=20)

Hero Point: Improve Roll - Attack: Dual Pistol Attack Damage 10 (Crit 19-20) (13+12=25)

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - DC IC

Post by CelticREI » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:55 pm

GM wrote: Going action by action as it may die with a single attack.
Ambrose Chase wrote: Your bullets scream into the creature, and the creature screams its self, but it seems to have a tough inside as well.
Damage wrote: Brood B is now -3 to damage, still Staggered. 22 vs DC25
If Chase meets these things again, he might want to bring AP ammo...
GM wrote: She-Venom is up next
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Locked