When Realities Collide - Image IC <Closed>

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Locked
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

When Realities Collide - Image IC <Closed>

Post by CelticREI » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:32 am

Nightcrawler Intro wrote: Another sunny day at the X-Mansion and Kurt is living it up. Especially with playing a practical joke on Talia...
"Dad! Pink hair dye in my shampoo, really?!"
Nightcrawler leaps from his perch on the wall and flips over his daughter's more playful Hex-bolt. He *bamfs* to get away from another hex-bolt but something is wrong... he actually notices himself in the different dimension he teleports through for a brief second before coming out... to night? He is on top of a building, from the moon position it's near midnight, and the buildings around him don't look anything like those near the X-Mansion. To add to that, he has company...
Plutonian Intro wrote: Plutonian had just saved a bus full of kids from some nut-job with too much time and explosives. He lifts into the air and suddenly... feels sick? As quick as his feeling is, he is twisted nearly inside out by pain and is just about thrown down onto a rooftop. It's now night, when did 12-13 hours pass? You lift yourself up and float a few feet from the roof, weak... you feel so weak right now... and great, you're not alone either...
Quicksilver Intro wrote: Speed... that's what life is about.
Running across the Atlantic Ocean toward the US after seeing your sister back at Mount Wundagore, things are looking up. A lurch in your stomach almost causes you to trip and you are suddenly running on solid ground... Did you just gain a secondary mutation to teleport? Wait... it's night time... it was not even past Noon at Mount Wundagore when you left... wait, and what is this? At the end of the roof you are now on are other people...
Taskmaster Intro wrote: Taskmaster never did like surprises. So when being told he was to investigate the strange rifts, and that they were completely random and happened in just seconds, and that there was no way of making it happen to someone specific... they were paying him a lot to be running this goose chase...
By luck, fate, or whatever you want to call it, Taskmaster feels a sudden wave of almost energy wash over him. Suddenly day became night, and New York became... somewhere else on a rooftop... with others... peachy.
Enemy wrote: A few moments after everyone appears, just long enough for folks to get their bearings really (except Quicksilver, his mind running a million miles a second) another being appears in the air, falling the few feet to the rooftop in a three-point landing position (OOC: On his foot, a knee and a hand on the ground, the land Ironman likes to do in the Movies heh)
He slowly raises, his red eyes glowing a baleful aura as he speaks in a slightly mechanical voice "New Subjects. Begin assimilation process and disposal."
Image
GM wrote: Lets get some Initiatives ^_^ and state your first action please. Feel free to talk to one another as you wish.
I'll keep track of the init in the Initiative Order below and update it as people roll and battle goes on.
Initiative Order wrote: Nightcrawler - 27
Quicksilver - 21
Amazo - 19
Taskmaster - 10
Plutonian - 3
Last edited by CelticREI on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by BlindPugh » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:46 am

D20 + 20 = 21
Wow hope that's not an omen of my luck.
Pietro regards the newest arrival as it lands
"Of course!" Pietro tenses "transported miles away, day turned to night." "The eyes always give you away Proteus."
Using Quickness & speed both 10 to search as wide an area as I can cover while taking 10 on Perception (For an 18 result) looking for any metal that could be easily acquired to use as an improvised weapon, then returning to where I first was when he landed.
"You have ONE chance to return me to where I was"
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

Severance
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by Severance » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:54 am

Taskmaster

Great, not only had he just nearly lost his lunch, he had become victim of the one thing he was out to find. Well, maybe he could figure out this mess because of it. Taking a problem and working with it was one of his strengths.

Suddenly, a figure drops in much like he had, though he's more gaudy than anything. Looking around, he sees some familiar faces. Two known mutants and a third he couldn't place, though he seemed pretty young. Hopefully he wouldn't get in the way.

Taskmaster turned to face the newcomer. "So who are you supposed to be? The Saint Patty's Day's Terminator?"

His muscles were slow, nerves twitched oddly. The trip must have taken it's toll. Assuming a basic stance, he readied himself for the danger ahead.
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 10. Well, that's just peachy. Tasky will take a standard action to Defend.

JBeatnik
Groupie
Groupie
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 am

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by JBeatnik » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Initiative: 1d20+8=27
"Mein Gott!" exclaims Nightcrawler. He then quickly gets his bearings and realizes that he just may be facing down 5 adversaries in short order. Knowing of the X-Men's many enemies, he decides to make like a demon and get the hell out of dodge!
Nightcrawler will teleport to a the side of the building, catch onto it with wall-crawling, and attempt to Hide in the darkness using Hide in Plain Sight; at least until he can get a better read on the situation. Rolls:
Acrobatics: 1d20+16=25
Stealth: 1d20+14=30
Do I need to roll for my teleport power?

Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by Berior » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Plutonian floated 6 feet above the roof, something was terribly wrong, or terribly right.
He felt a wave of weakness wash over him, that was unusual. But what really shocked him were the cries for help.

A siren, a fire, several babies crying for food, a police car, two lovers discussing their upcoming marriage, gunshots. Several hundreds sounds coming to him all at once. Too few, he was used to hearing the whole world. Here all he could hear where the sounds of one city. So either the world had decided to take a collective pause or his hearing had been somehow diminished.

Plutonian noticed the others on the roof with him. He had seen some of them around, altough he didn't mingle.
The being that landed on the roof doesn't seemed overly affable. The others reacted in shock or surprise. So apparently none of them had been responsible then.

The being talked about assimilation and disposal, that didn't sound overly nice either.

"I don't know who you are but you picked the wrong man to mess with"
Initiative 1d20=3, plutonian wait to see what happens next.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by CelticREI » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Nightcrawler wrote: Nightcrawler is gone in a poof of sulfur smoke and pretty well hidden.
OOC wrote: If anyone wants to try to spot him they can try: Perception DC 30.
Quicksilver wrote: Searching the roof nets you nearly nothing except, wait, there! A small metal pipe. Not much good against most super-Criminals, but against Proteus it should be deadly!
Amazo wrote: Amazo looks to the, now 3, in front of him "Scanning. Aeriel Target is a Threat. Flight, Enhanced Strength, Stamina, Endurance. Unknown Target... not a Threat. White Haired Target... Enhanced Speed, not a Threat. Unknown Teleporter... out of combat zone." he stares at Plutonian a moment and starts to float off the ground until he is at eye level with him.
"Threat. Assimilated. Neutralized." and he punches Plutonian!
OOC wrote: 1d20+12=32, Nat 20 Crit! Toughness DC 20 (15+5 str)
For thematic effect I'm tacking on a Knockback-like effect instead of adding +5 for the Crit, Plutonian will fly backward about 100 feet in the air from the force of the blow, even if it wasn't all that damaging; it was still a good smack. Plutonian take a HP for your trouble ^_^
Amazo looks between Taskmaster and Quicksilver as if deciding who is next...
Taskmaster wrote: Taskmaster is defending, and probably both awed at the hit he just saw and insulted at being said he's not a threat...
Plutonian wrote: You are 100 feet back, roll your Toughness from above to see if the hit did anything more, and as you didn't act you can act now, or wait until next round.
Nightcrawler wrote: If Plutonian doesn't do anything else this round, or after he does if he chooses to, it'll be your move ^_^
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by Berior » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:56 am

Plutonian looks at Amazo, not pleased with being hit in the face.
"That was your first mistake"

In the blink of an eye Plutonian fly back to Amazo and tries to punch him
Well then, move action to fly back to amazo, with my rank 8 flight covering a hundred feet is a piece of cake, and then an attack with the accurate attack maneuvre. I can't remember if you want to roll our atack for us as well so rolled myself just in case. 1d20+8 = 11 ouh boy, that's not good at all, I'll use the HP I gained to reroll that D20 1d20=9 so 9+10 = 19 +8 attack bonus = 27. Damage DC would be 27 (15+12)

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by CelticREI » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:21 am

Plutonian wrote: You fly and smash into the android, which you now know as you hear parts of its gears crunch as your fist connects and he likewise flies back, though he is able to stop himself only 50 feet away. His eyes lighting up red showing his anger.
Damage wrote: Amazo now has -1 to Damage and Dazed. 20 vs DC27
GM wrote: And that's the end of Round 1. Next round coming up. Nightcrawler is up first.
Status Conditions wrote: Amazo: -1 to Damage, Dazed.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

JBeatnik
Groupie
Groupie
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 am

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by JBeatnik » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:31 am

Nightcrawler peeks his head above the side of the building just to see the "caped crusader" get fisted revenge on the enemy that attacked him. Sparks fly, and its apparent that this is some sort of robot. A sentinel perhaps? Possible Magneto ploy, although there's been so many Sentinels flying around. Perhaps its a Doombot? From his time in Excalibur, Nightcrawler knows of the sinister dictator of Latvia. This is altogether so confusing. He should make a move to see who is his friend and who is his enemy.

Nightcrawler eyes the robot that was the aggressor.

*BAMF*
Nightcrawler teleports above the robot, letting gravity drop him down in front of it saying, "Who..."
*BAMF*
He then does an acrobatic flip over the robot's head saying, "Are..."
*BAMF*
Finally, he teleports to the edge of the building, in an upside down, one armed handstand doing the splits and pointing at the robot, "YOU!"
*BAMF*

Nightcrawler teleports back to his hiding place, making sure to keep out of sight.
Nightcrawler is using agile feint to use acrobatics instead of deception for a feint maneuver.
Feint: 1d20+16=35
Hide: 1d20+14=22

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by BlindPugh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:01 am

Quicksilver- Pietro Maximoff
Pietro watched the impassive creature as it surveyed the scene giving no indication it had even heard his threat.
He was not amused.
Amazo wrote: Amazo looks to the, now 3, in front of him "Scanning.
" Scanning?" that's not his usual line of conversation he pondered.
Amazo wrote:White Haired Target... Enhanced Speed, not a Threat.
The words left him dumbstruck for several seconds. he stood motionless staring into space as "Proteus" began to battle the man he now recognised as the Plutonian.
"No threat?"
"NO THREAT?"

Pietro begins to run in a tight circle underneath the creature, catching a glimpse of the sparks flying from it as it's struck serving only to make him angrier at being wrong.
As his speed increases an Anti-cyclone of sorts starts to form. A cone of downforce seeking to tear the robot from the sky.
His voice blurring together as sound struggles to catch up with him he looks upward & crys "IWASINTHEAVENGERS!"
OOC wrote:With credit to Berior for the help I'll be using extra effort to power stunt the following off my Speed-
affliction 10 (cone area, hindered, prone, resist by dodge, limited degree, instant recovery)
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

Severance
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by Severance » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:54 am

Taskmaster

In the span of less than a minute, he'd just watched this...whatever it was (Android? Cyborg? He could never be sure nowadays), knock fly-boy back like he was a chump, and now speedy was creating a vortex. None of this could help him, at least not immediately, except for one thing. The fuzzball, Nightcrawler. His acrobatic display was just enough to gather his movements. With his knowledge, he could fill in the gaps left by the teleporting. It wasn't a big advantage, but it was better than nothing. This thing didn't register him as a threat...yet. Time to show him his error.

His muscles tense, Taskmaster sped forward, every movement honed to it's finest precision. Drawing the katana attached to his back, he vaulted over the green striped being and in mid-air swung with an undercut at its back as he came down.
Okay, first I'm going to use my photographic reflexes to copy both Nightcrawler's ranks in Acrobatics (+8) along with his Agile Feint advantage. I'll move towards Amazo, using my standard action to Agile Feint.
Agile Feint: 1d20+17 = 37
Now, I'll spend a hero point to do another standard action and attack with my sword.
Attack: 1d20+7 = 16 That's a DC 22.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by CelticREI » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Nightcrawler wrote: Nightcrawler *bamfs* around distracting Amazo and throwing off his sensors. Amazo is considered Vulnerable to Nightcrawler's next Attack.
Quicksilver wrote: Quicksilver makes a mini tornado that brings Amazo down. That should teach him to think a former Avenger is 'no threat'...
OOC wrote: Amazo is now Prone. 12 vs DC20
Amazo wrote: Amazo leaps up from his prone position and glares red daggers at Quicksilver before taking a few steps and throwing a haymaker at the white-haired mutant, though he misses by, to Quicksilver at least, a mile!
OOC wrote: Amazo stood quickly (wasting a crit to do so heh) 35 vs DC20 standing as a Free Action.
Move action: rush to Quicksilver.
Action: Unarmed attack; Power attack -5/+5 18 vs DC24
Taskmaster wrote: Taskmaster's plan was just perfect, another inch or so and he would have missed his mark. He connects solidly with the android, though doesn't do anything but rip off some of it's fake flesh. Revealing a machine under the gash the sword left.
OOC wrote: Amazo was able to 'soak' all the damage 25 vs DC22
Plutonian wrote: It's your move
GM wrote: And Berior just reminded me that Amazo was Dazed. Plutonian gets a HP for the GM Fiat getting rid of the Dazed he smacked on him last round. ^_^
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by Berior » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:08 pm

If this thing was a machine then tthere was a possibility that the fight could be ended quickly.
Plutonian focused his gaze on Amazo, piercing layers of synthetic skin and flesh until he could see right inside him. Being able to see throught most things had its advantages, even if he had outgrown the urge of using that ability on every women he met.

From what he could discern, the power source for the creature was right were a heart should be in a human. AT least it offered him a big target. He hesitated for a split second, should he attack the core directly ? Probably not a great idea, it could explode, however he could sever it from the rest of the robot. Better warn the others though.

"Aim for the heart ! That's his power source"

At that Plutonian's eyes lit up with a orange glow just before a beam of energy shot out of them toward the creature.
Vision penetrate concealement : no action
move action to place himself in front of Amazo
Standard action for a heat vision attack (heat vision is precise so trying to get the cables linking the power source to the body) 1d20+8=27 well if that doesn't hit him I'll be very surprised. Damage 10

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by CelticREI » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Plutonian wrote: Moments after you fire your orange beam of death, Amazo jerks for a moment. Raising his hands as if to try and grab or choke Plutonian only to fall over onto the rooftop with a loud CLANG! Some black fluid leaks from Amazo's chest wound and forms a puddle of most likely oil
OOC wrote: Amazo is Incapacitated so badly I put him right to dead. 8 vs DC25 (note I forgot to add in the -1, so the 9 rolled is really an 8)
GM wrote: Combat is over.
Status Conditions wrote: Team 2: Fine.
Amazo: -1 Damage, Dead.
Feel free to speak to one another until you are universe-shifted (which will happen sometime tomorrow RL-time, but ye don't know that ;p)
Memorable Moments wrote: Plutonian nearly 1-hit KO'd Amazo. (he really did OHKO, as he would have incap'd him even without the -1, but it was his second shot.)
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: When Realities Collide - Image IC

Post by Berior » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Plutonian watched the creature fall and then floated back down to the roof, staying a few inches above the surface. He turned toward the others who had participated in the battle and took note of their state. Nobody had been hurt, that was good. Now that is attention was not on the battle anymore he could again hear the deluge of noise in the city. It was still unaturaly quiet, so it seemed his powers really had been weakened.

He recognised quicksilver now that he had time to look at him. He didn't knew him personaly but in the hero business it was hard to not recognise some of the players. While quicksilver wasn't as famous as Thor, the sentry or captain america he had been one of the avengers.

The blue teleporting demonic looking person ringed a bell as well, one of the X-men maybe, it was hard to keep track there seemed to be a bajillion of them running around. The man with the skull mask however was totaly unknown to Plutonian.

"Thank you all for your help with that robot." He smiled at each of them, his red cape floating slowly in the wind behind him. "Does anyone knows how I got here, why and what that thing was ?"

He was forgetting something wasn't he ? Oh yes, now he remembered. He landed on the roof and walked up to the now defunct machine and reached in the wound his heat vision had just created, he ripped open the chest of the robot and extracted it's power source, better not let it in, who knew, perhaps this machine could have reconnected it somehow.

Locked