Star Wars: The Old Republic - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic (Recruiting!)

Postby DesertGhost » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Reaper wrote:
DesertGhost wrote:Reaper: On Force Push, what are the effects of the Affliction? Just curious, since I would have built it as a Blast (but the idea of Affliction interests me as it leaves Ranged Attacks in the hands of others).

Actually I took your set up for force push. What I had originally been going for was force trip. I was going to limit it to two degrees (Dazed, Prone) with the instant recovery flaw representing that after hopefully being tripped they could get up no save required. I like the force push better though. Especially for a combat oriented jedi who would most likely pull off something like the jedi in the trailer when she nailed that sith to a mountain.

I like your Jedi Knight by the way. I like the contrast it put to my build. I've always thought no two jedi should ever really be quite the same. Accessing and utilizing the force the way that best complements them.

I actually drew from your build when I constructed it, yours was pretty well put together. I consolidated quite a bit for sanity's sake (Jedi descriptors can get out of hand pretty quickly).

As for the Jedi in the Hope trailer, I think she did an Affliction attack when she gets him against the wall. When she pulls back and you can clearly see energy around her hands, I think that was Extra Effort to affect an Alternate Effect Blast.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Bootmobile
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Bootmobile » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Hey DG, just a note under the Togruta, Accurate hearing costs 2 points, not 1.

Personally I have done Force Push as "Move Object, Damaging, Limited: Push away only - 2 pt / rank" in the past, if that helps anyone.

I am contemplating taking a shot at the Trooper, probably modeled on the guy in the Hope teaser. Two questions,
- could I make his armour a device with some added abilities? (don't worry, no Iron Man aspirations here)
- would I be able to take the kinds of heavy weapons seen in that teaser? (A heavy repeater = machine gun [Blast 6 Multiattack] and blaster cannon = blaster rifle [Blast 8])

He would fit in your Vanguard role.

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby DesertGhost » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Bootmobile wrote:Hey DG, just a note under the Togruta, Accurate hearing costs 2 points, not 1.

Personally I have done Force Push as "Move Object, Damaging, Limited: Push away only - 2 pt / rank" in the past, if that helps anyone.

I am contemplating taking a shot at the Trooper, probably modeled on the guy in the Hope teaser. Two questions,
- could I make his armour a device with some added abilities? (don't worry, no Iron Man aspirations here)
- would I be able to take the kinds of heavy weapons seen in that teaser? (A heavy repeater = machine gun [Blast 6 Multiattack] and blaster cannon = blaster rifle [Blast 8])

He would fit in your Vanguard role.

You can replace the rifle with heavy weapons no problem. As for the armor, it really depends. No flight or flamethrowers built in, that is bounty hunter territory. You can modify it but keep it in the realm of equipment (nothing beyond typical military gear for the era). Advanced optics, deflector shields, etc are fine as equipment enhancements for a trooper(as well as anything on that level).

Bootmobile
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Bootmobile » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Here is what I had in mind, let me know if this works for you.

PL 8

Abilities
Strength 3 / 5, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Powers
Elite Trooper Armour: Removable (-5), 20-point device
    Protection 6 - 6 points
    Exo-Skeleton: Enhanced Strength 2 - 4 points
    Jump Jets: Leaping 4 (120 ft) [AE: Safe Fall 2] - 5 points
    Life Support Systems: Immunity 4 (Cold, Heat [Partial], Pressure [Partial], Vacuum) - 3 points
    Optics: Senses: Vision 2 (Extended, Infravision) - 2 points
    Retractable Gyro-Mounts: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Quick Draw) - 1 points
    Features 4 (Comlink, Gas Mask, Rebreather, Magnetic Boots) - 4 points

Equipment:
Arsenal: 30-point array
    - Rocket Launcher (Blast 10 [Area]) – 30 ep
    - Portable Cannon (Blast 8 ) – 1 ep
    - Heavy Repeater (Blast 6 [Multiattack]) – 1 ep
    - Heavy Blaster Pistol (Blast 4) – 1 ep
    - Vibe Axe (Strike 4) – 1 ep
    - Thermal Detonator (Ranged Damage 5 [Area]) – 1 ep

Advantages
Accurate Attack
All-Out Attack
Assessment
Die Hard
Equipment 7
Extraordinary Effort
Fearless
Power Attack
Ranged Attack 4
Startle
Teamwork
Ultimate Effort (Toughness)

Skills
Athletics 8 (+13), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+11), Expertise: Military 6 (+7), Intimidation 10 (+11), Perception 7 (+10), Ranged Combat: Blasters 2 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +11, Close damage 5

Defence
Toughness 10
Dodge 6, Parry 6
Fortitude 10, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 20 + Advantages 21 + Skills 21 + Defences 12 = Total 120

Complications
Motivation: Patriotism. Liberation of the Republic.
Appearance: His battles have left him with very ugly, facial scarring.

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby DesertGhost » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:02 am

EDIT: Take a look at what I wrote here, but I might change my policy on it. Like I said below, I'm looking more at Jedi at the moment and not really making decisions on the other classes until I've selected a Jedi. I'm studying a bit more on Trooper gear and something similar to Bounty Hunter armor might be ok. I'll let you know as I study it more.

Bootmobile: Like I said in my previous post, everything should stay in the realm of Equipment, lightsabers are devices, bounty hunter armor is a device, but other things are relegated to equipment (for the most part).

I'm not quite ready to critique Trooper builds yet (have the Jedi and Smuggler sections to go through first, if I get any more submissions for them). That said, I can provide some pointers.

Like I've been hammering away at with the Jedi, the Trooper and Smuggler need to be traditional in scope and feel. Traditional Troopers (the elite Troopers of this era) are what is seen in the Hope trailer - badasses who are trained to be unstoppable warriors with BFGs (Big Friggin' Guns).

You stuck to type in that sense, but the gear needs a change. The armor needs to be relegated to equipment, which means that certain modules (Jump Jets and Exo-skeleton) would have to go. Heavier armor than most can be a feature, and he can have Life Support (without the Starvation bit) along with advanced optics and such no problem.

As for his weaponry, there is no way that he could carry all of those large weapons at once. He'd have to treat it like Batman's Vehicles Array (switch them out when back at base). Also, the Vibro-axe seems out of place for a commando. I'd expect a big knife, but nothing medieval. Remember, traditional archetype with flavor, not breaking the mold.

Here is a great description of what a Trooper should be using (from the SWTOR Trooper Class Page):
The Republic’s experiments with a new generation of heavy blaster rifles have proven successful, sparking a galaxy-wide trend towards larger, more powerful and more versatile armaments. It takes a great deal of strength and training, however, to wield these war machines, so they’re rarely used outside the military. Republic engineers have also worked overtime fashioning new defensive gear for the Republic’s most elite soldiers, armor suits that provide maximum protection and flexibility in multiple environments.

To be honest, after looking at your build, I only dislike the Jump Jets and the Vibro Axe. Everything else could be rolled into Equipment (the exo-skeleton could add Power Lifting to the build as Equipment - increasing carrying capacity but not damage).

I hope this post doesn't seem to come down on you. I just got home from work so my thoughts are not perfectly in order :(. Essentially, what I'm trying to get at is that his gear should meet a more traditional standard and he, as an individual, should be what sets him apart from the rest of the crowd of Troopers (he is a heroic Trooper, which is even higher than a Trooper's normal status of elite).

Really, I hope this post helps more than shoots down. I love the Trooper in that video, so if you're trying to mimic him in some way then I'm more than pleased to begin with.

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:50 am

I am letting you know that I am working on a Jedi build that I should have up later today.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby whiteprofit » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 am

Matteo Jackson - A Brief History
Matteo never uses his first name. Preferring his sir name Jackson as a first, the head strong man of 28 has worked on or around ships his entire life. Jackson grew up under his father's tutelage until he was 17, got pissed about one thing or another, and found a ship of his own to fly.

The family business was smuggling, and for a long time the father and son worked hand in hand making drops, pulling cons, and getting away with almost anything. So when Jackson took off on his own, he only knew what his father knew, and it created a huge rivalry. The two of them raced and competed over every dime, dollar and box of merchandise they had. What Jackson didn't realize, was that his father was using this as a way of keeping an eye on his young son, while letting him grow and learn on his own.

Eventually, when the boy had become a well skilled man, Jackson's father wanted him back. He was getting old and didn't want to leave his legacy to just anyone. So in a coup that would change Jackson's life forever, he teamed up with his dad and conned fifty million credits off a Hutt in the outer rim. Normally this would have put a price on both their heads, but when the Hutt couldn't pay his debtors, he ended up dead and the duo got away with the money.

They also got away with a girl. In love from the moment he saw her, Jackson almost ruined the whole thing going back for Andrea, one of the Hutt's slaves. Andrea was a prisoner of war who ended up being sold as a slave when her planet was destroyed and her ransom was never paid. Rescued by her 'Shining Star', she too fell in love and the couple was quickly wed.

Andrea had a lighter side to her, and though she enjoyed the rush of being with Jackson, she often criticized his lifestyle. Following her father-in-law's death, she tried to get Jackson to quit the entire business, settle down with their millions, and live a peaceful life.

They were settled for two months when the Sith attacked. On that tragic day, Jackson lost everything in the carnage of battle. With their home destroyed, he and Andrea raced to his ship to escape. But the battle raging around them was too monstrous to get away. Andrea took a stray shot that left her wounded and barely holding on to life. In her last moments she looked into Jackson's eyes and told him, "Do good, my love. Be a Shinning Star to the world."

With nothing left, Jackson is forced back to smuggling to make a living. When ever he gets the opportunity to put a wrench in the Sith's plans, he takes it. Though he'd prefer a dagger to put in their backs.

Matteo Jackson - PL 8 - 120/120pp

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 6, Fighting 0, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 4

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Beverly (Grenade Launcher): Burst Area Blast 5), Improved Critical 2 (Joni (Heavy Blaster Pistol): Blast 4), Improved Disarm 2, Improved Initiative 2, Improvised Tools, Luck, Quick Draw 2, Second Chance (Being shot), Skill Mastery (Technology), Skill Mastery (Vehicles), Weapon Bind

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat (????) 5 (+5), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise (Mechanics) 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+10), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 9 (+10), Vehicles 6 (+12)

Powers
Lucky Vest (Removable)
. . Heavy Padding: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness, Advantages: Luck, Second Chance)

Trusty Sidearm{s} (Easily Removable)
. . Kerri (Blaster Pistol): Blast 6 ([0 active, 0/20 PP, 3/r], DC 21; Accurate (+2), Multiattack, Split (2 targets))
. . . . Joni (Heavy Blaster Pistol): Blast 5 (Alternate; [0 active, 0/20 PP, 3/r], DC 19, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Accurate (+2), Penetrating 5)
. . . . Beverly (Grenade Launcher): Burst Area Blast 5 (Alternate; DC 20, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 5, Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere); Diminished Range)

Languages
Basic

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6, Will 6

Complications
A Complicated Past - Jackson is the kind of guy who walks into a random bar or port in the galaxy and knows someone. Sometimes it's a friend, or a cheated ex-employee. But every once in a while it's the local law enforcement. When asked, "How do you know this guy?" or "Why are you on that poster?" Jackson always throws his hands in the air and explains, "It's complicated..."

Morals vs Nature - Jackson made a lot of money and survived for many years doing the wrong things for bad people. His moral standard was so low he didn't even know what the word meant. Then he met Andrea who changed his life forever. With deep rooted reactions, the smuggler attempts to counter them with what he suspects 'Andrea would say'. This often leads to a long internal and sometimes external debate that could cost him a turn, opportunity, or leave a bad guy alive that would be better off dead.

Motivation: Doing Right by Andrea - When Andrea died, she told Jackson to be her light in the world, her Shining Star. Obligated to her charge, Jackson tries his very best to hold himself to doing good things for better people. And exacting his revenge on the Sith in what ever way he can.

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 19 + Advantages 12 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Defenses 25 = 120
I created Jackson's weaponry as devices because I wanted them to have more than the standard equipment options. The two pistols can be used as Dynamic Alternates, so essentially shooting one in each hand. While Beverly, the Grenade Launcher, can only be used by itself.

While posting this, I edited Joni a little w/o Hero Lab, and may have messed some of the points up. I'll double check it when I get a chance.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby DesertGhost » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:59 am

It's late for me, but as soon as I wake up I'm going to post some basic gear in the Settings thread for this. While I wait for more Jedi builds to decide between this might help with the Trooper and Smuggler concepts to determine what exactly is equipment and what's a device. I'm also going to do this to keep everything consistent (Smugglers shouldn't have more powerful grenades than Troopers - they should both be of similar damage unless a device or equipment feature improves it somehow).

EDIT: One thing I'm going to do, and I'll add this to the OP, is to limit the number of devices a character can have. Each character is allowed a maximum of one device (specialized armor, lightsaber, a customized or overpowering weapon, etc) and it isn't a requirement to have one.. Everything else that the character carries must be equipment.

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby DesertGhost » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 am

I updated the Jedi Knight in the Setting thread.

I took away the stylized Force Push as I found it to be to specialized and not fitting with the descriptors of what we see a Force Push do in movies/video games, and I upgraded the Telekinesis to follow suit. I also added some political skills to the Jedi's repertoire as they are first mediators, and second combatants.

I'd like to get the Knight down to 90pp, but I might actually just increase it to PL 7 and add 5 points.

GargoyleHero2
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby GargoyleHero2 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:13 pm

http://swagonline.hostsofamerica.com/node/988

Viahla Arcona
PL 8, PP 120
Class: Jedi Knight, Species: Twi’lek

Quote: “Diplomacy is too often a forgotten discipline of the Jedi.”

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers
Lightsaber: Strength-based Damage 4, Penetrating 4, Linked Weaken Toughness 4 (Objects Only), Easily Removable (-4 points) • 8 points
Force Combat: Enhanced Advantages (Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Stamina 2, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Dexterity 2, Enhanced Fighting 2 • 22 points
Force Sense: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment - The Force), Senses 4 (Danger Sense, Force Awareness, Ranged Detect Force) • 5 points
The Force: Array (19 points)
Deflection: Deflect 7, Reflect, Redirect, Accurate (Reflect), Reduced Range (Close), Quirk (Requires Lightsaber) • 14 points
Force Cloaking: Concealment 4 (Infravision, Force Awareness, Detect Force), Affects Others, Enhanced Stealth 6 • 1 point
Force Healing: Healing 7 • 1 point
Force Movement: Enhanced Acrobatics 4, Enhanced Athletics 4, Leaping 2 (30 ft), Movement 3 (Safe Fall [Limited to near surface], Sure Footed 2), Speed 3 (16 mph) • 1 point
Mind Trick: Perception Ranged Affliction 7 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Compelled), Limited to Two Degrees • 1 point
Telekinesis: Move Object 6, Accurate 2 • 1 point

Equipment
Jedi Armor: Protection 2 • 2 points
All Temperature Cloak: Immunity 2 (Cold, Heat; Limited to Half Effect) • 1 point
Rebreather1 point
Commlink • 1 point

Advantages
Assessment (The Force), Attractive 1, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Languages 4 (Basic, Huttese, Lekku, Miralukese, Nautila, Shyriiwook, Togruti, Zabrak; base: Ryl), Improved Initiative, Second Chance (Persuasion), Second Chance (Bluffing), Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 1 (+4), Close Combat: Lightsaber 4 (+9), Expertise: Dance 2 (+5), Expertise: Jedi Lore 5 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Persuasion 7 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +7
Deflected Attack +7, Ranged, Damage (Deflected DC)
Lightsaber +9, Close, Damage 7 (Penetrating 4)
Telekinesis +10, Ranged, Grab Strength 6
Unarmed +4, Close, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8
Toughness 6/4*, Fortitude 6, Will 10
*Without Defensive Roll

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 54 + Advantages 11 + Skills 12 + Defenses 19 = Total 120

Complications
Commitment:
Stopping Twi’lek slavery.
Enemy: The Sith Empire
Responsibility: The Jedi Order.
Morality: The Jedi Code.
Patriotism: The Republic.

Design Notes:
•Viahla's primary role is to apply the force not only in combat, but also outside of combat. For this reason I bought an increased allotment of Alternate Effects to her Deflection power to reflect her varied applications of the force. Viahla's abilities aren't maxed so she isn't the best at any individual power. Instead, she can do many different things with the force. A goal of mine is to give Viahla various "modes" through her force powers so that In combat or during travel she is likely to sustain her Force Movement power, while when she is trying to remain undetected she can sustain her Force Cloaking.
•As a secondary role, since she is predisposed to politics from her racial traits, Viahla can act as the face of the party. I boosted her Presence to 2, gave her a handful of points in Persuasion to go along with Second Chance (Persuasion), dumped points into giving her a rather large bundle of languages so she can impress the more common species of the galaxy, and decided to add Second Chance (Bluffing) along with Insight so that she can pick out liars as any good Jedi negotiator should. If the smuggler has dreams of being the negotiator of the party, I could easily move things around in Viahla's concept and sheet to make her a more potent force user rather than a diplomat.
•Viahla's tertiary role is being the front line combatant. Her Defenses and Toughness aren't pushing the PL cap and she doesn't have any combat related advantages, but she should prove fairly consistent with Lightsaber hits and damage when she needs to get her hands dirty.

Appearance: Viahla is a young Twi’lek woman with emerald green flesh, jade lips, and eyes of a striking orange. She adorns her ears and head with gold jewelry accented with red-orange stones. Viahla has a beauty mark over her left cheek that gives her otherwise symmetrical features a dash of mystery, and her grin is filled with harmless secrets. Viahla most often wears the typical robes of a Jedi Knight that hang loosely on her hourglass frame. Her Lightsaber, though she only ignites it in times of absolute need, glows brilliant orange.

Personality: Firmly believing that diplomacy is the forgotten secret to many battles, Viahla approaches conflict and conversation with a determination to change hearts and minds. However, as the galaxy turns toward darker times, the young Twi’lek has learned the need for the force and her Lightsaber. Outside of conflict Viahla is known for her agreeable attitude and sunny optimism. The youthful Jedi is never one to submit, and she’s always dedicated to fulfilling her responsibilities as a defender of the Republic.

Background: Tatooine is a planet that Viahla has not forgotten, despite being taken by the Jedi when she was nearly two years of age. The emerald Jedi was born into slavery under a Hutt Lord in the dunes of Tatooine. When she was merely days from her second birthday, Viahla, her family, and their fellow slaves were rescued by a troop of Jedi. The Jedi arrived to quell the Hutt Lord’s illegal dealings in the slave trade and galactic affairs. When the heroes discovered the slave pens they helped each of the slaves out of their cages and manacles.

Coming upon Viahla while releasing the slaves, the Jedi sensed a strong connection to the force in the infant child. In order to give her a better life and to mold her power over the force, the Jedi took Viahla with them to the Jedi Temple. The rest of the slaves, Viahla’s family included, were helped back into normal society. Viahla’s parents knew that the Jedi would give their daughter a better life than they ever could, and Viahla was taught early on why she had to leave them behind.

In her training to become a Jedi, Viahla quickly distinguished herself from her peers in her eloquence and delicate mastery of the force. Viahla learned the basics of Lightsaber combat while mastering a wide range of force techniques and learning myriad languages of the galaxy by which to increase her diplomatic ability. By the time Viahla became a Jedi Knight the Jedi Council knew that she wielded talents that would be of great use both in the times of the treaty, and when difficult peace would crumble.
Last edited by GargoyleHero2 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Everything is only temporarily not a rock"

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby DesertGhost » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:02 am

GargoyleHero2: Another good Jedi build. You can go ahead and remove the ranks of Dance. Twi'lek's store racial memories in their headtails, so it would still be viable for a Jedi, but if you need points it's not that big of a deal. The only real issue I see with the build is Second Chance (Will) - it's too broad, Second Chance (Mind Trick) or Second Chance (Coercion) would be more appropriate.

Otherwise, good job. :)

Reaper
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Reaper » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:17 am

I revised my submission slightly. I decided to remove Juyo as it is supposed to be rare and I feel probably something a near master or master would learn. I made it a point of growth for him trying to learn Juyo. With the two points I got back I added persuasion skill and a power Force Trance: Healing 5, Restorative, Self Only, Enhanced Advantage [Trance] • 1 points.
"Nothing here, just a master and his droid, not planning anything evil, move along."
~HK-47

Jack Deveraux - X-Freshman

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby DesertGhost » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:25 am

Reaper wrote:I revised my submission slightly. I decided to remove Juyo as it is supposed to be rare and I feel probably something a near master or master would learn. I made it a point of growth for him trying to learn Juyo. With the two points I got back I added persuasion skill and a power Force Trance: Healing 5, Restorative, Self Only, Enhanced Advantage [Trance] • 1 points.

Sounds good. Although I don't have a problem with your character knowing Juyo if it's something you want.

Not sure if you've seen it, but I updated the Jedi Knight build in the Settings thread. I like using a base Move Object for Force Push as it better simulates how it is used in the source material. Damaging would be added for Sith who use Force Choke or by Jedi like Mace Windu who use the Force to crumple droids and who have devastating Force Pushes (the Jedi from the Hope trailer seems to use a standard Force Push - Move Object - and then Power Stunts a Ranged Damage Blast when she sees that it isn't working, exactly how I built it).

I don't mind you keeping the Affliction power, but I'd like a different descriptor to differentiate from the standard Jedi Force Push (like Force Stun - a semi-common Force power in video games).

GargoyleHero2
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby GargoyleHero2 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:00 pm

DesertGhost wrote:GargoyleHero2: Another good Jedi build. You can go ahead and remove the ranks of Dance. Twi'lek's store racial memories in their headtails, so it would still be viable for a Jedi, but if you need points it's not that big of a deal. The only real issue I see with the build is Second Chance (Will) - it's too broad, Second Chance (Mind Trick) or Second Chance (Coercion) would be more appropriate.

I wasn't aware of the racial memory bit of the Twi'lek, that's pretty cool. I'll keep the points in dance since that seems pretty concrete reasoning for a Twi'lek Jedi to know some sweet dance moves. I was hoping to buy her force powers up to the PL cap if I could get some spare points, but this way she has room to grow.

For the Second Chance (Will) I wanted to avoid feints, fear effects, mind control, and the like. I think Second Chance (Insight) to avoid deception and feints seems a good start. As she grows I can grab Fearless to avoid fear effects, and then maybe turn resistance to mind control into a power. In fact, once she's strong enough maybe she could grab a general nullify (force) or partial immunity (force) to up her utility against other force users.

We'll see, I have to get in first.

Thanks for reviewing my app and giving me feedback, it's much appreciated.

Edit: Silly me, I forgot that Second Chance works the other way around. Is Second Chance (Deception) alright? I know the Jedi you built has Second Chance (Feint) so I hope that's not too broad since Deception, in this case, includes feints if I'm not mistaken.
"Everything is only temporarily not a rock"

DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby DesertGhost » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:51 pm

GargoyleHero2 wrote:
DesertGhost wrote:GargoyleHero2: Another good Jedi build. You can go ahead and remove the ranks of Dance. Twi'lek's store racial memories in their headtails, so it would still be viable for a Jedi, but if you need points it's not that big of a deal. The only real issue I see with the build is Second Chance (Will) - it's too broad, Second Chance (Mind Trick) or Second Chance (Coercion) would be more appropriate.

I wasn't aware of the racial memory bit of the Twi'lek, that's pretty cool. I'll keep the points in dance since that seems pretty concrete reasoning for a Twi'lek Jedi to know some sweet dance moves. I was hoping to buy her force powers up to the PL cap if I could get some spare points, but this way she has room to grow.

For the Second Chance (Will) I wanted to avoid feints, fear effects, mind control, and the like. I think Second Chance (Insight) to avoid deception and feints seems a good start. As she grows I can grab Fearless to avoid fear effects, and then maybe turn resistance to mind control into a power. In fact, once she's strong enough maybe she could grab a general nullify (force) or partial immunity (force) to up her utility against other force users.

We'll see, I have to get in first.

Thanks for reviewing my app and giving me feedback, it's much appreciated.

Edit: Silly me, I forgot that Second Chance works the other way around. Is Second Chance (Deception) alright? I know the Jedi you built has Second Chance (Feint) so I hope that's not too broad since Deception, in this case, includes feints if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, Second Chance must select a specific hazard. For example, if you want to have Second Chance toward against Deception effects, you would need four advantages Second Chance (Bluffing, Disguise, Feint, and Trick). For some of the racial advantages I made the Second Chance broad, but those were special cases where I allowed a particularly broad descriptor to represent a specific species trait.

Also, no Force immunities of any level are possible unless you're a Yuuzhan Vong (which you're not, since they aren't discovered for another 3,500 years :wink:).

Return to “M&M Game Room”