Iron Heel of Chenzo-Khaf: Sc. 3, Chenzo-Khaf (IC, Closed)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Iron Heel of Chenzo-Khaf: Sc. 3, Chenzo-Khaf (IC, Closed)

Post by RedBstrd » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:50 pm

The Iron Heel of Chenzo-Khaf: Scene 1 of 3, Facility 19

Facility 19's featureless and timeless landscape served as the perfect prison for those incarcerated by the now - unknown to anyone inside - deceased heroine Columbia. Every "day" seemed much the same in the prison since there were no changes of scenery, no weather, no artificial lighting (just a dull hazy atmospheric light), no meals, and so on. Today, which may have been 5 years or it may have been 30 years after incarceration, was different. The supervillain - a designation meaning little inside of the extra-dimensional prison - Torrid, known for both his fire-themed powers and his brilliant intellect, called an assembly of the prisoners. Precious few answered his call. The captivity broke the mind and spirit of the vast majority of those within its walls. Most of the inmates simply shrugged at the message or engaged in any number of activities reserved for the criminally insane.

Nine incarcerated heroes, however, agreed to meet with him. This meeting, in fact, was quite remarkable given that it almost seemed like people could make out landmarks (repeatedly walked on paths on the floor of indeterminate material) in order to find the place in question. Once all were there, Torrid explained things as he saw them: "As I see it, it's about time we break out of here." Knowing his audience would be skeptical, he tried to assure them: "Believe me, I know you are skeptical, so let me assure you: I have a plan." He proceeded to inform them that he deduced the incarceration sequence that... it all gets too complicated for us readers to follow... and finally, he engineered a device out of God knows what and was able to reverse certain frequencies operating on the prison's infrastructure. In short, time and space were becoming solid phenomena and he just needed all the manpower they could gather to strike at a spot where "some unforeseen defect in the prison" served as a physical weak point. According to Torrid, "Just a few minutes' courage and we'll be Earthside once again." Three members of his audience walked off during his appeal for assistance.
OOC wrote:Please describe your character in terms of appearance, personality, history, or anything else his/her fellow inmates would know.
Last edited by RedBstrd on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Teafo
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Iron Heel of Chenzo-Khaf: Sc. 1, Facility 19 (IC)

Post by Teafo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Seeing the few walk away from Torrid's plan, Triage felt all the more impelled to help. He had been trapped in this prison for some unknown amount of time and could stand it no more. At first he had tried to keep track of days by counting how often he felt tired, but lost track somewhere around 87 "sleeps." However, being the skeptic that he is, he couldn't help but ask, "So where is this weak point that you want us to strike against? And when are we supposed to hit it, and with what?"
OOC wrote: Costume Appearance: White background with a Red Cross (Plus) sign centered on his chest. Gauntlets and Boots are red as well, with the color extending up the outside of his legs and arms to the hip/shoulder. His face is half-hidden by a featureless cowl, the same Red Cross sign is centered on his forehead, and a pair of red stripes go from his temples, across the top of his head, and down his back to meet the red at his hips.
Personality: A bit of a skeptic, comes from his scientific background from med school. Always seems to be helpful and usually jumps at the chance to lend a hand wherever he can. Sometimes leads to him seeming naive.
History: Triage has no qualms about letting anyone who asks know that he is medically trained, and has served as an EMT. Other than that, he doesn't like to divulge much about his family (for fear of reprisals)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Achilles:
Condition: Cheery as he gets
HP: 2

Achilles adjusted the helmet under his arm, the blackened metal matching his overcoat, pants and boots, it almost blended into the overcoat. The only thing that broke the darkness of his uniform was the white shirt he wore, even his hair was black. Though he made sure to keep it slicked back and out of his face so that his hazel eyes could be easily seen by anyone who looked at his face. His face was netrual overall but a glimmer of interest shone in his eyes. Several of the people here knew the power held within those eyes as well, an energy that was able to cut down almost anything in his way. They also knew that he was one of the first superhumans the military used in the War, hell he was the product of program designed to make superhumans. Specifically to fight the Vietcong. Not that he talked about anything specific, he knew better than that, but others had heard stories shared by the ordinary men who'd seen him in action.

Hell, he'd simply been doing his job and his thanks was to have been put here, with the real criminals. But the public felt he'd deserved to be punished for it and he was forced into this place. By his count he'd spent several decades here and that was more than enough time paying his dues, it was time for him to go home by his figuring.
Triiage wrote:"So where is this weak point that you want us to strike against? And when are we supposed to hit it, and with what?"
Achilles shook his head slightly from side to side at the question. "I'm sure that is what Torrid was about to tell us once he was done bragging about his brillance and showing off just how intelligent he is compaired to us." He looked over at Torrid, "So, let us get to the point of this gathering Torrid."

~Personality~ Achilles is a very direct man, speaking his mind bluntly and uncaring if he offends anyone with earshot. He's also direct with his actions, giving those he's facing a chance to give up then if they do not he then simply stops them the most efficient way as he sees it. If that entails using his flash vision to deprive a person of the weapon they hold as well as the hand that is holding it then so be it, whatever ends the conflict as quickly as possible. It’s the militaristic outlook he has on life; complete the mission above all else. No matter what the means used may be.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Mika
HP: 1
Condition: Banana.

Mika giggled slightly from behind Triage "Pieter patter and flip-flop goes the talking. Can't we all just get along like Earth and Water?" she slides up to right behind Triage and nearly whispers to him "Mainly the wet and sticky part... nothing like mud wrestling to bring out an escape plan!" she giggles some more as she backs up and sits on the ground, tapping it with her knuckles lightly "Soon, oh so soon I'll hear you guys again... no more having to converse with Achilles' helmet... It doesn't like you by the way. You should buy it some chocolate."
Mika goes quiet after that, still tapping on the ground as if trying to communicate somehow...

Nearly everyone knows Mika in one form or another, before Facility 19 she was known for talking to the spirits of the Elements, even being their Avatar to bring about justice; which she did for almost 4 years before being caught.
Since she came here she took it hard, unable to talk to the spirits she loved and grasping toward anyone who had something made from a pure element (mainly rock or water) so she could talk to -someone- but the years wore on her and she started talking to things that weren't of the elements... now a days she'll 'speak' to anything, even parts of her or someone else's body.
Dress-wise she is sporting the same outfit as when she got here, as everyone else does, a dark purple tank top with fishnet shirt stockings under the tank and a likewise dark purple skirt with fishnet leggings under it. Today she is actually wearing her leggings on her legs and not her head!
OOC wrote: This time I'm actually going to use the picture exactly as I found it, thus the pic in her bio is Mika's appearance.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Shadowbourne » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Shadowjak
HP:1
CND: Wary

Slowly, the shadow at Achilles' feet suddenly flowed upward and into a three-dimensional form. Silent as ever, Shadowjak quickly stepped back from Achilles...it was always wise to make sure you had room to move when you were around Warrior-Types. Things always seemed to end up broken around them.

Shaking his head at Mika's rambling comments and Achilles' and Triage's direct approach, the Jack of shadows actually spoke up and voiced his own curiosities, " So...after all this time you JUST discovered this spot? And JUST happened to have the RIGHT equipment?"

A darkened silhouette of humanoid proportions, Shadowjak was known around Fac 19 as the spook. An eerie silent being most of the time, the former spy simply stayed out of everyone's way and did what he did best....watched. As a living shadow, it should have been somewhat easy to do this. Except in here, even a shadow stuck out at times.Still...he couldn't help it. It was in his nature. It is what he was.

" 'K....I'll bite into that if you answer just one other question. Once we get out....what's the plan? What's your expectations once we get free of Fac 19?"
Shadowjak is most often seen as a shadowy silhouette or a slight flickering of darkness just at the edge of one's vision...when he want's to be seen. Darkness and shadows seems to cling to him like a second skin, distorting and hiding his true form with it undulating phantasms...his eyes glowing from withing their murky mass. When his abilities are not in use or when he wishes to be seen, Erik Bass is of average height with medium length black hair and brilliant green eyes. His clothing was just a black tanktop, dark blue lounge pantsand bare feet(he had been taken when he was just getting ready for bed).

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:52 pm

GM Post:

Torrid shrugs at Achilles's question, backs a step away from Mika, and then decides to respond to Shadowjak's inquiry while blushing a little. "Well, you see, it did take a lot of time. I had more than one plan that just didn't work. As far as the gear is concerned, I've been scavenging bits of costumes and discarded devices for what must be years. Then... let's ... well, let's say that someone volunteered to donate the one thing we have no shortage of around here: bone. We'll all miss the Silver Archer, but I would like to think that he's comfortable with sacrificing his remains for the greater good." After noting to himself that some of those in his presence might still consider themselves heroes, he quickly changes the subject. "Finding the weak spot was rather easy once I starting working against the frequency of the prison's systems. Space, time, dimensions, and so forth all started solidifying. From there, it was just a matter of finding the weakest link. In fact, it was so poorly designed that I can't help but wonder if it was intentional - maybe even a trap." He waves away the concern. "Though if they wanted us dead, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Besides, we don't really have a choice now: now that time is solidifying, we will all begin to age and to starve. I guess we might have a hostage situation on our hands - and we're the hostages!" Torrid laughs wildly and crazily. "So, anyone up for examining the defenses when we start getting basic dimensions here?"

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:56 pm

GM Post:

Torrid considers Shadowjak's other question. "Hmmmm... what to do when free? What to do? I was personally thinking of, hmmm, I don't know... having lunch somewhere. Maybe Thai. I know a great place in the Village. Either that or maybe... KILLING COLUMBIA!"

jmberry
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by jmberry » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:10 am

Cosmocrat
Condition: Eager

Andrew listened to Torrid's proposal with interest
Torrid wrote:"As I see it, it's about time we break out of here." Knowing his audience would be skeptical, he tried to assure them: "Believe me, I know you are skeptical, so let me assure you: I have a plan." He proceeded to inform them that he...(Cosmocrat begins to nod off right around here)...technobabble..."some unforeseen defect in the prison" served as a physical weak point. According to Torrid, "Just a few minutes' courage and we'll be Earthside once again."
"Huh? What about Earth?" Andrew promptly snapped awake. He listened to the guy with the red crosses and the helmet guy ask about the plan, and the shadow guy criticize it. He more or less tuned out the crazy spirit girl.

"Well, I'm all for a daring, no-holds-barred, extremely risky prison break. This is pure Oscar material brewing here. My agent could easily secure the rights and ll the studios will be just dying to film." He was so lost in his reverie that he completely missed Torrid's little outburst.
OOC wrote:Cosmocrat is a blacked haired man of medium height. He should be well known from his sponsorship days, and his costume - a dark green and red ensemble with a cape - isn't exactly subtle. His personality is somewhat self-serving - his desire for fame and his poor people skills are his most notable qualities.
Last edited by jmberry on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teafo
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Teafo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 am

Torrid wrote:
"So, anyone up for examining the defenses when we start getting basic dimensions here?"
"Yeah I'd be up for it," Triage accepts the offer from Torrid, "To be honest, I can't even remember how long we've been trapped in here, so any chance of getting out is a welcome one. Although the idea of outright killing Columbia seems a bit extreme, maybe we should just find her first to see what her reasoning was?"

With an exaggerated searching expression, Triage begins to scour along the walls looking for whatever could possibly look like the weak point that Torrid had mentioned.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:46 am

Achilles:
Condition: still a ray of black sunshine
HP: 2

Achilles listened as some of the others Torrid had gathered started talking. He said nothing as Mika spoke to him but he tried to be nicer to her, he thought the girl was slightly unhinged from being here so long. He’d let her “talk” with his helmet several times, it had seemed to keep her calm before and Achilles actually felt somewhat sorry for the young girl being forced into the Facility despite her background as a eco-terrorist, he‘d heard she was manipulated by some other-worldly force. Though a regular conversation was beyond her, Achilles simply gave Mika a slight nod when she spoke to him.

Shadowjak on the other hand was one Achilles wasn’t too familiar with: he’d seen the man around the Facility, if you could call it that, even with his enhanced senses the man was slightly difficult to keep track of. Though his questions showed a mind willing to ask questions, a good thing at the right time, there were times where questioning things wasn’t an option but when dealing with someone like Torrid? Questions seemed a good way to go but part of Torrid’s answer about what to do after they’d gotten out of the Facility didn’t sit well with Achilles but he said nothing about it. He’d deal with Torrid if he followed through with his threat, he was sure the man expected it from him.

Triage’s agreeing to Torrid’s offer brought Achilles out of his line of thought. Best to deal with that problem if it comes up he thought as he spoke. “Fine Torrid, is there something we should be specifically looking for?”

-- Chiun

jmberry
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by jmberry » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:19 pm

Cosmocrat

Teafo wrote:
Torrid wrote:
"So, anyone up for examining the defenses when we start getting basic dimensions here?"
"Yeah I'd be up for it," Triage accepts the offer from Torrid, "To be honest, I can't even remember how long we've been trapped in here, so any chance of getting out is a welcome one. Although the idea of outright killing Columbia seems a bit extreme, maybe we should just find her first to see what her reasoning was?"

With an exaggerated searching expression, Triage begins to scour along the walls looking for whatever could possibly look like the weak point that Torrid had mentioned.
"I'll help look for this weak point. Beats sitting around twidling my thumbs again." Cosmocrat began examining a seperate portion of the room, waiting for more information.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Mika
Condition: Watermelon.

Mika likewise started looking around for cracks or weaknesses, making sure to check everywhere. Inside Achilles' helmet... under Cosmocrat's cape...
"Wow someone has a cute butt! she dropped the cape and peeked over Cosmocrat's shoulder/side "Now do you work out or is it part of the super-power thing? Cause I'm thinking like 'Buns of Steel' like workout videos." she holds her hands and arms out as if showing him a sight "Have your people call my people... just don't talk to Earth, she never takes to new ideas... or Fire, he is kinda easy to anger. I'd talk to Water honestly, as she is really a go with the flow type of gal..."
She doesn't wait for Cosmocrat to answer and she goes back to checking for cracks and the such... in Torrid's hair...
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 pm

GM Post:

Torrid ignores her. "Thanks to my device, we'll start seeing a landscape here. In about an hour, I project that we'll be able to reach the walls, which we'll actually be able to see. At that point, we'll have to figure out how to get through the defenses. I know that there is a leak there, but none of have seen it - or anything of the prison - yet so it's hard to know what to expect."
Cosmocrat began examining a seperate portion of the room, waiting for more information.
Note: Facility 19 is entirely featureless in the sense that there is a floor of indeterminate material, a hazy atmospheric light, and nothing else. There is no sky, no sun, no lights, no walls, no buildings, and so on. It is just nothing for as far as anyone can perceive or travel. The ground is starting to gain some features as a result of what Torrid has done, but there are no rooms or anything yet. He's assuring the incarcerated heroes that his experiment will counter the sequence of the prison and make it into a normal physical place with dimensions, time, and so on.

jmberry
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by jmberry » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:40 pm

Cosmocrat

Cosmocrat gave up on looking when he realized that he was essentially searching a whole lot of nothing. He chuckled slightly at Mika's comments. Poor girl is aiming too high.[/i] he thought to himself.
RedBstrd wrote:GM Post:

Torrid ignores her. "Thanks to my device, we'll start seeing a landscape here. In about an hour, I project that we'll be able to reach the walls, which we'll actually be able to see. At that point, we'll have to figure out how to get through the defenses. I know that there is a leak there, but none of have seen it - or anything of the prison - yet so it's hard to know what to expect."

"So your plan is to sight around for an hour doing nothing? Very well, it's not like time has meaning here."
Last edited by jmberry on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Achilles:
Condition:
LP: 1

Torrid wrote:"Thanks to my device, we'll start seeing a landscape here. In about an hour, I project that we'll be able to reach the walls, which we'll actually be able to see. At that point, we'll have to figure out how to get through the defenses. I know that there is a leak there, but none of have seen it - or anything of the prison - yet so it's hard to know what to expect."
Cosmocrat wrote:"So your plan is to sight around for an hour doing nothing? Very well, it's not like tme has meaning here."
Achilles nodded at Cosmocrat's words. "It's not as if we've anything else to do while we're in this place." As he spoke, Achilles rose into the air hovering as he took a seated position. An attempt to make himself a bit more comfortable while he waited.

-- Chiun