Albright Institute: [OOC-Full]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Albright Institute: [OOC-Full]

Postby ClassDunce » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 am

CelticREI wrote:Graham is our glue guy? i thought he was our rubber guy? ;)

*Shrugs* Graham is versatile.He doesn't have any glue attacks though... He's more of a Bounces off me kind of guy and the not the sticks to you. I'm also having trouble writing how Graham moves lol. I see him in my had as if his body is so stretched out that he's stretched all over the battle field. Legs over there, torso twisting around all over the place, his head up high and arms akimbo.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 am

Tattooedman wrote:Now it's time for Richard's turn.

I believe you forgot to add "to miss" to the end of that ;~)

All I need is an 18 or higher to hit this woman... I'm suddenly reconsidering area attacks as an AP off of strength.

Come on Invisible Castle, daddy needs a natural twenty!

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Who wants to melt the dice?

They're possessed!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Actually in this case those weren't bad rolls.

We're just going up against people who are 3 PL higher than us and, in the previous two cases, are defense shifted so we need awesome rolls...

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Arkrite wrote:Actually in this case those weren't bad rolls.

We're just going up against people who are 3 PL higher than us and, in the previous two cases, are defense shifted so we need awesome rolls...

True.... I'm just grousing. :)

It's probably just as frustrating on their side seeing our itty bitty pl 8 high school kids shrugging off their attacks like they were nothing. :twisted:

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Not to worry, I'm sure we won't keep that up for long ;}

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Heh, yeah, really this fight is destined to end in one way unless we were to completely break character and start really powergaming this fight.

But to be honest there hasn't been much of a reason up until now for the team to work as a team, or to start considering tactics beyond "charge".
That'll probably change after this fight.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kirinke » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Don't jinx it!

Well to be honest, their fights up to this point have been stall until the Freedom league gets there (well stall and get knocked out anyway), stall and fast-talk their way out of a fight, stall and deflect attention while the sneakier team-members steal back stuff and CHARGE!!!!!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:37 am

I'm just hoping Tag has been busy making an army of bikini clad minions to help us out. ;~)

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kirinke » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:05 am

Hey, with Sean on holiday, it's Keisha's sacred duty to pick up the trash-talking slack. She's doing the job of two people durn it!

On a more serious note, here is a revamp of Keisha's 3E build

BREAK DOWN1
ABILITIES +20. DEFENSES +28. SKILLS +15. ADVANTAGES +20. POWERS +49 = 132

ABILITIES
0 STR
0 STA
0 DEX
0 AGL
0 FGT
6 INT
2 AWE
2 PRE
PP 20

DEFENSES
8 DODGE
8 PARRY
6 FORT
8 TOUGH
8(2+6) WILL
PP 28

SKILLS
6 Close Combat, Unarmed
6 Sleight of hands
6(2) Insight
6(2) Perception
8(2) Persuasion
8(2) Intimidation
8(2) Deception
8(6) Technology
7(6) Investigation
Expertise
8(6) Criminal
6 Current Events
6 Popular Culture
6 Tactics
6 Science
6 Chemistry
8(6) Electronics/Mechanical
6 Visual Arts
PP 15

ADVANTAGES
Benefit Wealth x2
Luck x1
Speed of thought
Improved Initative
Fearless
Eidetic Memory
Equipment x2
Inventor
Improvised tools
Ranged Combat 8
Improved aim
PP 20

INDEPENDENT POWERS
Protection 8 (1pt per rank)
Blinding Aura 8: Perception Area Affliction (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Visually Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Limited to Vision. (1pt per rank)
PP 16

LIGHT CONTROL ARRAY
DEFAULT PRISM BURST 8: Shapeable Area/Precise Blast (3pt per rank +1)
Alternate Light Beam 8: Penetrating/Precise Blast (3pt per rank +1)
Alternate Light Shield 8: Deflect/Reflect/Shapeable Area (3pt per rank +1)
Alternate Light Ribbon 8: Snare/Tether (3pt per rank +1)
Alternate Positron Flight 8: Teleport Accurate/Turnabout (3pt per rank +1)
Alternate Neutrino Flight 6: Teleport Accurate/Progression Mass 6/Turnabout (3pt per rank +1)
Alternate Banish Darkness 8: Nullify Darkness Broad Range (3pt per rank)
Alternate Daylight 8: Environmental Bright Light (2pt per rank)
Alternate Senses: Darkvision (2pts), Infravision (2pts), Trace Teleport (accurate/analytical/ranged) (5pts)
Light Absorption: Healing 8 persistant, stabalize, empathic (when used on others), quirk requires light to work.
PP 33

BACKSTORY
Well to start off, my name is Keisha Nelson, daughter of Eric Nelson (he and his partner Mr. Bannerly run a law firm together) and Emily Nelson, a pretty prominant doctor.

My life kinda began when the Terminus were routed from Freedom City. I was just a baby, barely two years old, when it happened. I guess I was changed or chosen or something.... No one is sure. Mom told me later that we were about to get buried under some rubble from a falling building when my powers activated. I just began to glow bright white and the rubble just sorta bounced off of us, like it was being deflected or something. I saved her... And I didn't even know it at the time. Mom still cries sometimes, thinking how close it had been.

But it became pretty clear, soon after that she and dad couldn't deal with me, especially when I began to teleport. Kinda like a case of see cookie, want cookie, go to cookie. After they found me sleeping on top of a giant donut, they kinda knew I had to have specialized care, so they brought me to the Albright Institute, hoping they could help. I grew up here at the institute, Mom and Dad visited often, but it was Mr. Albright who really helped me. He trained me, taught me right from wrong, pretty much adopted me.

COMPLICATIONS

PRANKSTER:
Keisha has always loved a good joke or prank, especially when it's on the villian of the week who's decided either kidnap her or break into the Albright Institute. Since enrolling to Claremont, she's been expanding her pranking to epic levels, mostly targeting the bullies of the school as well as people she thinks deserve it,

BULLY HUNTER/BAITER
Keisha is fearless, this can be both benefit and bane, combined with Albright and her father's teachings on protecting the weak and helpless, well anyone could see this coming a mile away. Bullies in general offend Keisha's deepest sensibilities and bring out the urg to curb-stomp the lil sods. Since curb-stomping fellow students is way against the rules in Claremont, she's decided on a more sneaky route to get the bullies in question to stop their extra-curricular activities. Her method of choice? Why pranking of course. Though if she does see a bully actually getting physical with a student, she intercedes. She won't be able to help herself.

HEIR APPARENT
Keisha is the acknoweledged heir to Langston Albright legacy, from the time she was identified at the tender age of two, she has been taught and trained by him, to follow in his footsteps when she is ready to take the mantle of "light's champion". Langston Albright is a second father figure to her.

LOYALTIES
Keisha is very loyal to Langston Albright and the Institute and believes in his ideals as well as the ideals and moral code of her own true father. If anything were to adversely happen to either her family or the institute, heaven help the transgressors.

QUIRKS
-Keisha sleep-teleports. While she has conscious control over her teleport powers, while she's unconscious, it's somewhat problematic. So, she generally sleeps in a teleport-proof room, mainly for the sake of safety and the sanity of Dr. Albright. He really doesn't want a repeat of the Foundry incident.

PERSONALITY
Keisha tends to be very friendly and outgoing, though she takes both her work and training very seriously. To those who get to know her, she reveals other facets of her personality. She is mischevious, brash and impulsive, opinionated, snarky and mouthy, though to balance this, she truly cares for other people, is highly loyal to her friends and family and is generally a nice kid, who would rather talk her way out of fights than hurt others. Though when push comes to shove, she will stand her ground.
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:43 am, edited 11 times in total.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:29 am

Alright, another weekend done and it doesn't even seem like I had time off.....gotta love 2nd shift hours and home improvement projects.....anyways I'll get something up by tomorrow for the fight so we can get that rolling again.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 am

That doesn't sound fun.
Had to work through my last weekend, spent the entirity of the last week in zombie mode, shuffling about muttering "Caffine, caffine..."

So, how's the Secret Headquarters coming along? ;~)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 am

I wish that was the project.

Instead I'm dealing with fixing mistakes the original owners made then doing the changes my fiancee and I are wanting done and with my work hours I don't have time during the week and with having kids every other weekend and holidays coming soon I can only work on it every ~other~ weekend so it's been slow going and I keep running into those already mentioned mistakes that eat into my progress. Right now I've been working on it for two months (four weekends) and I'm only half done at this point.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Tattooedman wrote:I wish that was the project.

Instead I'm dealing with fixing mistakes the original owners made then doing the changes my fiancee and I are wanting done and with my work hours I don't have time during the week and with having kids every other weekend and holidays coming soon I can only work on it every ~other~ weekend so it's been slow going and I keep running into those already mentioned mistakes that eat into my progress. Right now I've been working on it for two months (four weekends) and I'm only half done at this point.

Translation: It's really a Secret Headquarters but I'm not admitting it to the likes of you :}

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Shock wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:I wish that was the project.

Translation: It's really a Secret Headquarters but I'm not admitting it to the likes of you :}

Haven't I already told you to shush today? :wink:

-- Chiun

Return to “M&M Game Room”