Albright Institute: [OOC-Full]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Albright Institute: [OOC-Full]

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Good question Shock, this is something I've not specifically addressed in-game.

Freedom City is about a couple hours East of Boston.

Bay City is where San Fransciso and a few other surrounding cities were, more info is here (specifically more about the Proprietor War and such).
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:36 am

Dammit Sean, I'm a doctor not a miracle worker!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 am

Shock wrote:Dammit Sean, I'm a doctor not a miracle worker!
Yeah, well I had to toss that last bit in there to make sure that people know, that despite his issues...Sean is not Rich. Sean will never be Rich. Sean just can't spend that much time wallowing in depression, especially when there's a joke to be made.

P.S.- I think I ought to thank Arkrite here and now for the awesome entry he gave Sundial in his diasporic future fiction. I was thinking Sean would be one of the casualties if he got mentioned at all, so...thanks!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:57 am

Sean gets a little bit of spotlight time, but times haven't been very kind for our firebrand friend.

I'm afraid it might break away from a proper version of Sean, but writing other people's characters isn't easy. I gave myself an out in being able to say "five years have gone by" to explain why personalities might have shifted.

If I do another story with a PC I'll be bugging the player for input to keep the characters... more in character.

Anyways, sorry if I don't live up to the spirit of Sean. Or Graham. Or you other two who haven't gotten a mention yet. It's not my intent to portray your characters incorrectly. I like to think everybody who gets a cameo gets a moment to shine.

And, just to clarify, I wrote this section a couple of months ago before "Sean the living Sun" came into existence. I don't think it'll make too much of a difference in the long run, but there's on detail that's nagging at me now.

And now for the reveal, those (placeholder) things I keep throwing in during the story were actually so I could put in something from the characters involved. A little "five years ago" flashback to give the idea of who the character was before the timeshift happened.
And I was kind of hoping that the people owning the characters might be willing to do a quick paragraph or two aside to give a proper feel of who they were and their personalities back when Richard knew them.
Only caveat to what's written is that Richard should have probably been around to have witness the event (even if he never says/does anything).

There is no rush, and no pressure to do so. If anybody doesn't feel like it, that's fine it won't affect the outcome of the story, I just thought it might be a nice addition.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:53 pm

I think I'll have to see where you have Sean's personality at after five hard years before I could contribute. I wouldn't want to write something indicating that he'd kept his sense of humor if he's angry and bitter or angry and angry or spam, spam, spam, angry and spam, in the main story.

Y'feel me dawg?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Sorry, I wrote that in a hurry and obviously botched it.

What I meant to say was that I was looking for a story of the PCs as they are in Tattooedman's game currently.

Thus the story would be a flashback to five years ago before Sean entered the Red Suit. This way we'd have a version that was accurate portrayal of them as they really are, and then the incorrect- errr, I mean five year later version that I'm writing ;~)

That way the readers would be able to see the changes between what Richard remembered and how they are in the dark future.

Though the ongoing adventures of spam, spam, spam, angry and spam Sean would be amusing too ;~)

And now I'll never get that spam thing out of my head.
Wonderful Spam. Lovely Spam.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:50 am

Keisha should design an LED faceplate for Sean that puts up giant emoticons based on his mood.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:52 pm

Shock wrote:Keisha should design an LED faceplate for Sean that puts up giant emoticons based on his mood.
You mean like Zer0, the Number?
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:11 pm

If he wanted it, she could do it, complete with the ruder emoticons and hand-guestures to.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:20 pm

kirinke wrote:If he wanted it, she could do it, complete with the ruder emoticons and hand-guestures to.
Umm...no. Emoticons wouldn't make up for the lack of his handsome face, nor do they convey the subtlety of human emotion, which is what Sean misses. Sean can make rude hand gestures himself and verbalization conveys actual emotions as well or better than silly LED displays.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 pm

I know. :)

She'd probably be working on a way to make the old sundial harness work for his new nuclear fission cycle (or at least come up with a new design based on the old one). In her mind, it's just a math-engineering problem. Considering her own skills, it might take awhile, but she'd keep plugging away at it.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Hey everyone, I had an idea that I wanted to run by all of you to see if anyone might be interested having a bit of a direct hand in the making of some of the characters in the setting.

Here a couple days ago I started working on a group of characters that are tied to the Greek Pantheon that I plan on introducing into the setting at a later point, here is the starting post that covers the basics of it. And while I’ve already built some of them I thought it might be interesting to see how other people might build such characters.

I thought perhaps a contest could be made out of this, if people were interested that is.
  • 1) They must be linked to one of the following Greek Gods: Ares, Hercules, Aphrodite, Hermes, Hera, Hades, Dionysus.

2) The characters must be PL 12, there is no hard set pp limit but by looking at the ones that I’ve already built should give you an idea of what I’m ok with.

3) The character’s background is totally up to you; just keep it within the world setting of the game is all I ask.

4) Also if enough people are interested in taking part in this then it’s a first come, first picked basis. Meaning that if someone picks Ares before you….well sorry about your luck but there are other Gods left to choose from maybe your #2 pick is still open.

5) As for making this a competition: I thought that if enough people got involved, this would be open to anyone who is currently playing in a game I GM. Once all the characters have been built there could be judging by me to pick a winner.

6) The winner would get a unique prize, to be revealed at a later point should this challenge get off the ground.

So, would any of you be interested in this?
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Interested, yes.
But I've got to finish my story first ;~)

... Which reminds me I promised a chapter awhile ago and didn't follow through.
Whoops.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by kirinke » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:36 am

NAME: Elysia Rhea Conner
CONCEPT: Avatar of Hermes
HERO IDENTITY: Themis
PL 12/180PP

ABILITIES
0 STR
4 STA
4 DEX
4 AGL
4 FGT
8 INT
4 AWE
4 PRE
PP 64

DEFENSES
4(12) Dodge
4(12) Parry
4(8) Fort
4(12) Tough
4(8) Will
PP 0

SKILLS
4 Athletics
4(10) Acrobatics
4(8) Stealth
4(8) Insight
4(8) Perception
4(8) Persuasion
4(8) Deception
8 Treatment
8 Technology
Expertise
8 Criminal
8 Streetwise
8 Current Events
8 Popular Culture
8 Science
8 Business
8 Politics
8 History
8 Law
8(12) Arcane Lore
PP 9
**** 3SP PER 1PP (non combat skills only) house rule

ADVANTAGES
Close Combat 8
Ranged Combat 8
Attractive
Jack of Trades
Evasion.
Artificer.
Move by action
Benefit Wealth x2
PP 24

POWERS
Silver Caduceus of Hermes Device (Easy to Loose)
Device (Easily Removable)
Blast: Shapeable Area Blast 12 (DC 27; Shapeable Area: 30 feet, cubic)
Dazzle: Shapeable Area Dazzle 12 (Alternate; Affects Sense: sight, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22; Shapeable Area: 30 feet, cubic)
Deflect: Deflect 12 (Alternate; Redirection, Reflect)
Healing: Healing 12 (Alternate; Restorative, Stabilize)
Healing: Healing 12 (Alternate; Persistent, Stabilize)
PP 24

SENSES
Detect Magic Ranged (2PP)
PP 2

Winged Helm of Hermes
Device (Easily Removable)
Communication: Mental Communication 4
Comprehend: Comprehend 6 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Spirits - Communicate, Spirits - Medium)
Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Dodge +8 (+8), Parry +8 (+8), Fortitude +8 (+8), Will +0 (+0))
Protection: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness)
PP 36

Winged Boots of Hermes Device (Removable)
Super-speed (Advantages: Improved Initiative 2)
Quickness: Quickness 12 (Perform routine tasks in -12 time ranks)
Speed: Speed 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round)
Alt: Flight 12
PP 21

BACKGROUND
Elysia is the daughter of Richard and Maria Conner, wealthy industrialists with interests ranging from diamond mines in africa to coffee plantations in Argentia. She grew up with every luxury and the finest teachers, eventually becoming a doctor in record time.

Unbeknown to the rest of the world, both her mother and father were quite talented mages in their own right. Elysia's talents were more to creating powerful magical items than straight spellwork, though when push came to shove, she was no slouch with the odd ritual magic either. One day, while poking through some old ruins, Elysia came upon an grimy, age-incrusted item of curiousity. As she touched it, it began to glow with power, the grime and gunk burning away to reveal a scepter of great power. As she touched it, she saw a man leaning against a broken statue. He was young, devilishly handsome with an impish grin.

"Well milady, you are downright perfect for what I have in mind. Bright, capable enough on your own and a healer to boot." he looked like he was about ready to do the happy dance. "You're mine anyway without knowing it!" he chuckled. "My idiot brothers and sisters won't know what hit em."

"Who are you?" Elysia asked curiously.

"Hermes, the messenger, deity of travelers, theives, medicine and merchants at your service." he theatrically bowed. "And since you picked up my little trinket, you're now my avatar." he tipped his hat at her. "Now for the most part, I don't really care what you do with my trinket, long as you keep to the basic tenets of your profession. I'll be calling on you from time to time to perform certain duties of course, but they'll be well within your capabilities. Until then, toodles!" he vanished and reappeared briefly. "Oh, it wouldn't hurt every now and then to call on me in battle or send up a prayer, eh?" he saluted her cheerfully and vanished.

Since then, Elysia has become Themis, a hero in her own right and crafted the boots and helmet to compliment the Silver Caduceus, much to Herme's amusement. He always did appreciate a follower who took initative.

COMPLICATIONS
Avatar of Hermes: Before being chosen, Elysia led a fairly simple life in comparison, now she has to deal with rival avatars, enemies bent on destroying her and everything else that comes with being a questing heroine.

Minion of Hermes: As a follower of Hermes, she can be called upon at any time to perform whatever quest or duty Hermes dreams up.

Reason of the Gods: Unlike alot of other deities, Hermes is pretty straight up with her, but he does like to pull pranks on her as well, usually to teach her something but still. It's difficult being his favorite human.

NOTES
Personality wise, I see Hermes as being a cross between the Doctor (doctor who) and Q.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Sorry for the intrusion.

I've added the recruitment list to Tman's build list.