Albright Institute [IC: 9]: Blast From The Past

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Albright Institute [IC: 8]: Any Which Way You Can

Post by Shock »

Melissa Graves : Epitaph

Melissa continued to stare out the window as she replied. "Normally we sit and listen to Sean rant himself to incoherency. After that, Keisha comes up with a ridiculous plan that we end up having to talk her out of. By then, we've forgotten what the problem was in the first place and we just have to wait for the next thing to blow up in our faces. That can take up to a full afternoon."

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum »

Jamie

Jamie looked to the left, to the right.. finding her shoes fascinating for a moment, "That sounds very.. restful?" she tries politely, not very good at it.

A huge blush crosses over her cheeks- oooh, her shoes are suddenly fascinating!

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock »

Melissa continued to stare out the window. "You get used to it."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman »

Melissa, Sunstorm, Jamie, & Graham:

Jamie cleared her throat, turning back to look over the rest of the group. "So.. what's called for in a situation like this? Chocolate icecream and cake? Getting on Priceline and trying to find a good hotel out in the Land Oz?" she streeetched her arms and legs out before her, bumping them against the seat before her.

There's only a moment of silence. "Hey Graham, you feel like shooting some hoops?" pauses, "What about the rest of you? We could go by the dojo and hit something really really hard and pretend that it's Masters?"

"Raincheck?" Graham answered. "I'm not feeling up for it right now." His tone was flat and a bit quieter than normal, making it clear he was bothered about something. Not that it was difficult to guess that it was Sean's condition that was on his mind.

Melissa continued to stare out the window as she replied. "Normally we sit and listen to Sean rant himself to incoherency. After that, Keisha comes up with a ridiculous plan that we end up having to talk her out of. By then, we've forgotten what the problem was in the first place and we just have to wait for the next thing to blow up in our faces. That can take up to a full afternoon."[/quote]

Jamie looked to the left, to the right.. finding her shoes fascinating for a moment, "That sounds very.. restful?" she tries politely, not very good at it.

A huge blush crosses over her cheeks- oooh, her shoes are suddenly fascinating!

The remainder of the ride was filled with silence and it was only a few minutes later when Dr. Halperstein pulled the van into the private parking lot of the Albright House and led all of you into the building. "Let's just take things easy until I hear from Earl and Kumiko on how Sean is doing."

Melissa simply fell into her customary chair in the corner of the common room and stared out the window some more, leaving the others to fend for themselves; Graham simply put on his headphones and began playing musing that pulsed loud enough for anyone who came near him to hear, though he stayed in the game room that had recently been furnished with a bumper pool table and as well as a couple arcade games that were popular.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 7]: Bay City Rolling

Post by Tattooedman »

Richard:

The dark haired young man ducked his head a little, trying not to look embarrassed, "Let me know if I get food on my face? I really can't feel it anymore."

Tesla smile warmly and took his hand in hers. "I can do that."

From there she led Richard to a room he'd not seen before, the kitchen. Like the rest of the Atom's residence it was incredibly high tech looking with mirrored metal covering all the appliances and the drawers being painted a pristine white that obviously only a robot like A.L.E.X. could keep clean. Tesla moves through the space with the ease of someone who has lived there for years as she sat Richard in one of the chairs at the table that both looked to be made of the same metal that the examination room was then gathered all the ingredients to make tacos and began the process of cooking.

She hummed while browning the meat and added all of the seasonings from a selection of spices kept in a nearby cabinet then satisfied with her efforts turned her attention to warming the taco shells. It's an odd scene to say the least when one thought about it - Tesla Atom, the genius member of the Atom Family cooking just as any other normal twenty-some would.

And she looked to be enjoying herself the whole time, especially when she put everything one would need to assemble tacos to suit their tastes on the table.

After taking the seat next to Richard then picked up one of the shells and looked him in the eyes. "What do you want on your tacos?"

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite »

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 LP: 2 Condition: Normal

Richard couldn't help but smile at the surreal nature of it. Super genius in a space age house doing something utterly mundane.

"Some extra salsa, sour cream, tomato, cheese, lettuce, some hot sauce too," Richard points to a few other things as Tesla constructs the taco for him, "Thanks. Funny thing is that I used to be a really finicky eater. Didn't like hot foods, didn't like onions and peppers. Since my powers kicked in, though, I find myself craving the weirdest things."

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum »

Redoing it with hopefully a bit more awareness of the house layout.
Jamie Jackson

Jamie nodded as she looked around the house. It was a moment up into her room, a moment's shuffling about and coming back out in a pair of running shorts and a loose shirt. She paused a moment, trying to work through the strange idea about being a metamorph and the question of clothing. Yes, there were many who took a perverse pride in walking around essentially naked. On the other hand, there were plenty of places that were just.. ewww, shudder, gross! Even nudists had the manners to bring along a towel, it was just polite. Or so she had heard, she thought with a blush. Anyway, she never managed to get accessories quite right. Complexity requires concentration.

With a smile she peeked in on one of the Doctor's, "Dinner's at, 7 right? (pause) I'll be back by then. I'm just taking a jog around the neighborhood, maybe pick up something as a treat for the team?" Soon, she was on her way, waving as she passed by folks, somber at the moment as they may be. Anyway, it would be great to spend time with so many of them if she had a chance.

It was easy enough, letting her legs out for a stretch, getting the heart beating, the blood singing in the veins, the lungs pulling in the sweet oxygen. She took even greater pains to wave to the neighbors and be one of the nice local kids, respectful and kind- not that freak from the household of troubled teens.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman »

Richard:

Tesla finishes putting together your taco, passes it over to you then repeats the process and puts the second taco on the plate in front of you. "You might want to mention that next time you come in for a checkup." She says quietly, almost like she didn't want bring up the subject then focuses on making her own set of tacos.

From there Tesla makes small talk in between bites. She shares stories of her younger years and her struggles in dealing with her emerging powers; how there were times she'd evaporate her clothing accidently, or how she would burn food in on the plates she would carry to the table, or the time that she gave herself a month long sunburn. During the talking Tesla wipes your face a few times, and her own as well since the tacos are quite messy.

By the time the two of you have finished the meal it's almost the time your supposed to be heading back to the Albright House.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite »

Richard pipes back with his own stories. The time when his powers were just starting to be a problem, when he bent down to pick up something and blew the seams out of his pants, then wound up working on the roof with his butt hanging out for two hours before his coworkers laugher finally clued him in.
The time he crushed and replaced the same doorknob three times in three days, then accidentally walked through the door after he fixed it the third time. Not to mention the look on the local hardware store cashier's face when he came back on the forth day for a brand new door.
And the time that Jeanie decided to help with the laundry, threw in the reds with everything else and accidentally dyed all of Richard's clothes pink.

Not to mention the time he decided it would be funny to move the foreman's truck to the other side of the parking lot while nobody was looking. He took great pleasure in describing the man's reactions with an exaggerated expression.

"We all thought it was pretty funny watching him run around screaming about somebody stealing his truck for ten minutes. And then the anger and yelling after he discovered that somebody had touched his 'baby'," Richard shook his head grinning, "I'm pretty sure he would have fired me on the spot if anybody knew I'd done it."

He glanced at the clock and sighed, "Looks like I should probably get going."

He smiles at Tesla, "Thanks for the trip and for dinner, it was fantastic and..." He pauses as a thought occurs to him, "Wow, I kind of ate up your entire day didn't I? Sorry about that."

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock »

After a good daydream, Melissa made a quick trip back to her room to retrieve her e-reader and spent some time reading medieval philosophy.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman »

Richard:

Tesla smiles. "I can count several worse days that I've had in the past couple months." She blushes slightly as she speaks. "In fact this has been a fun day for me."

She walks you to the elevator, leaving the kitchen to be cleaned later. "Maybe next time we could take pictures for Jeanie...if you'd be interested in going with me next time I pull Sanctum duty?"

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite »

Richard's mouth went dry and his heart skipped a beat.

It took everything he had not to stammer as he said, "I would love to."

Love, he'd said love. Idiot, what are you thinking? Don't use that word, He berated himself.

"And, uh, well I know it's not really anything special but I could give you a little tour around my old stomping grounds," He said trying not to fidget nervously, "There's a lot of little places that sell some interesting things if you know where to look. My Dad was big on hand made things, and my mom was into antiques. And there's this place called Fontana's Pizza, it's probably got the best pizza in the city. Me and Jeanie used to go there on payday and on her birthdays."

"And I know this candy store that sells really good salt water taffy..."

Was he babbling?
Oh god he was babbling.
He knew it was all in his head, but he could feel his ears burning bright red.
Wait.
Had he just asked her out?
His heart stopped entirely as it lodged itself somewhere in his throat.
Oh god, what had he done?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

Sunstorm

Sunstorm didn't mind being poked and prodded. Why should he? Poking and prodding had been part of his life ever since Sean first began the transformative road that brought him to this point. He was disconcerted when, Kumiko and Earl attached some sort of doohickey to his hip and then detched his left leg, so they could examine it more closely. He was slightly less disconcerted when they reattached the leg and performed the same procedure on each of his limbs...but he almost completely freaked when they did it to his head.

After his head was reattached to his body and he was released from the equipment that kept his powers in check as they worked on him, he leapt down from the table. He almost said something as he double checked all his joints and articulations to be certain he wasn't going to fall apart. He was in a near panic.

Sean had it good.

Sean was only dunked in goo as his dial harness was checked.

They dismembered him!

They cracked open his chest!

He had gone from a young man with a problem to being Frankenstein's freaking action figure!

Dashing from the building, he looked up. "Yeah...I'm outta here!"

With a roar like a rocket, he shot into the air.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman »

Richard:

Richard's mouth went dry and his heart skipped a beat.

It took everything he had not to stammer as he said, "I would love to."

Tesla's smile widened as her blush deepened a couple of shades darker.

"And, uh, well I know it's not really anything special but I could give you a little tour around my old stomping grounds," He said trying not to fidget nervously, "There's a lot of little places that sell some interesting things if you know where to look. My Dad was big on hand made things, and my mom was into antiques. And there's this place called Fontana's Pizza, it's probably got the best pizza in the city. Me and Jeanie used to go there on payday and on her birthdays."

"And I know this candy store that sells really good salt water taffy..."

"I would love to." She answers, pausing for a moment then adding. "But we wouldn't have to wait over a month to do that, next weekend would work for me." Tesla's voice got a little quieter as she said the second part, almost like she was nervous suggesting the idea.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite »

Richard swallowed.

She'd love to.

He felt giddy. So much so that it took him a few seconds to realize she was waiting for a response.

"Next weekend," he repeated.

Was he doing anything? Did it matter?! He'd reschedule anything short of his sister's birthday. And he knew it wasn't his sister's birthday.

"Yeah, next weekend works for me too," He smiled nervously.

He felt like he was flying.