[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Magic Wars

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:03 pm

Wraith
HP:2(0) Cnd: Light at the Tunnel's end

The explosion of earth and concrete caused the Master of Shadows to darken as he gathered all the nearby shadows....preparing for a new assault. Only to have it diminish as he spots a large familiar horned silhouette emerge from the cloud of debris. Weariness creeps back into his voice, "Brother..." which then turns to a growl as Bedros battered features become evident. "WHO has dared!" WHO has..."Stephyn's voice dies off as two other figures appear behind the Prime Elementals. "BLAZE!"

In a single blink, the Umbral Warlock swirls into wisps of shadows, only to form around the Last Hunter in an embrace that is definitely out of character for the often angst ridden mage. After a brief passionate embrace, Stephyn reaches out to Toby, "You have proven wiser than your age....I owe you young master....I owe you." The smile one Stephyn's face lasts for a very short time as he turns back to his Brother and his siblings, "Fontaine...I am pretty sure it had been him. Have no worry...he is...no more."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:41 pm

All

Blaze quickly moves over and supports Wraith. Toby looks on confused at Stephyn's praise.

"Fontaine is gone. As for the Council, Adrian had a different idea for that. We can discuss it after you guys have a chance to rest."

He looks at Bedros. "Sorry, Big Man. Couldn't warn you in time. Figured you four could handle anything."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: The Return

Postby Crazyivan777 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Red Hat
HP: 2+4-1 Cnd: Concerned

Making the assumption that there's no remnants of the portal

Ayshee took a few steps back as she saw the minotaur appear. Wraith's reaction cemented the idea that this was an ally, but Red Hat was still unsure if this had been a 'victory' or not. After all, those that had sent here were now all dead.
She remained silent, and a dozen feet away, as things progressed.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Terrabull

Skirting the sky he flew over to the demigod with Graft. Staying aloft he made a few motions wit his hand down towards Bedros and his cloud of shiny machines descended upon the minotaur, laboring to repair his battered frame.

"Hey Big Guy. "

"Hey shiny!" Bedros grinned even though it hurt remembering well the shiny hero who had joined them for their adventure in Olympus. His little trick with the nanites was just what the doctor ordered because along with that familiar pulse of mother Gaia he felt better in a hurry.

The smile one Stephyn's face lasts for a very short time as he turns back to his Brother and his siblings, "Fontaine...I am pretty sure it had been him. Have no worry...he is...no more."

Blaze quickly moves over and supports Wraith. Toby looks on confused at Stephyn's praise.

"Fontaine is gone. As for the Council, Adrian had a different idea for that. We can discuss it after you guys have a chance to rest."

He looks at Bedros. "Sorry, Big Man. Couldn't warn you in time. Figured you four could handle anything."

Bedros waved off Erics apology in a manner that half said remind me to thump you later and thanks for the warning you did give about Hera.

Finally he felt better and managed to make his ay to his hooves where he looked on the Guardians hed met Flux during the battle with omega and shortly afterwards good person strong too. The cute one with the ponytail was new, the lady with the red hat though something about her was "different" something in her nature called out to a side of him he didn't touch that often.

Bedros shrugged and grinned amicably at them though the bruises and other injuries fading faster and faster as his natural resilience kicked in.

As everyone was discussing the future and hugs were exchanged his stomach growled that familiar muscle car growl reminding him that he hadn't eaten since morning, and he spoke the word that had brought fear to many an all you can eat buffett.

"Im hungry let eat."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Dash
Condition: -2 > normal / HP: 2 / Free Surge: 0

"Y'hear that, shady?" From beneath his arm, Dash arches an eyebrow upwards at Wraith upon Singularity's comment, and grins. "There's plenty for you to get done, Master Mage. No dying on the job!"

She curiously tilts her head left, then right (as the newcomers walk around her field of vision) at the huge bull-like thing that wanders by. "Who's this guy and why's he named after a volcano?" She asks. Then holds out a hand. "No, wait. Tell me over lunch, I'm starving too."

"I want a carton of Red Bull, a Mega Mac with large fries, one of those footlong thingies from Subway, two pepperoni pizzas, a dozen hot wings, a gallon of Baskin Robbins' mint chocolate chip ice cream, some Mac and cheese and a steak, medium rare."
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Up next: Eating contest between Dash and Bedros

Also, Ysariel, thanks. Maybe they will get it this time.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Wraith
HP:2(0) Cnd...Master Mage

At the mention of food and the very obvious rumble of Bedros' stomach, Stephyn nodded, "Yes...that is a good idea..." Stephyn's voice trails off as it suddenly dawns on him that he IS the Master Mage now. The shock almost buckles the new Master's legs as the weight of the responsibility hits him. If not for Blaze, whom he had his arm around now, he might have embarrassed himself in the first few seconds of his appointment.

Then a dark thought flows across his mind. All of his dissenters are dead. Destroyed. And that looked bad...very bad. Him walking from the debris where all but he and his teammates were buried. Not good...not good at all. But, that was for another day. With that, Wraith straightens his shoulders and stands a little taller. Time to BE the Master Mage.

Cocking his head over towards the Nan Knight, "Vincent....wasn't there a Shawarma place near here you wanted to try?"

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:25 pm

All

"Somebody else will have to buy. I only have $20 bucks."

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 3
Cnd: Fatigued

Singularity raised a hand, pointing in a very specific direction and gave his best impression of a barbarian warlord delivering a battlecry.

"Shwarma!"

Then falling into a more relaxed posture he nods, his tone casual and relaxed as his demeanor. Even though the world ended, and then didn't end, a minute or so ago.

"In celebration of his becoming Head Mage, Wraith gets to pick the place ... and buy us lunch. Its on Fifth and Ranchero'. Weird name, right? Anyway, if you 'port us there we can skip the line."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 am

All

The group of you are enjoying some rest after a long past several days that includes saving two different dimensions. Swarmas are shared by all.

You all can roleplay some more if you want. 4xp for everyone. Will start Interludes tomorrow or Sunday.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby kenseido » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:04 am

Interludes
(Remember these)

Singularity

You received a coded message with a time and a place earlier today. The encryption looked familiar, its the same encryption used on the Freedom League computers.

You arrive at the time and place, a deserted factory well away from populations. When you arrive, you are surprised to see Daedelus.

"We need to talk about the League."

Wraith

There is an old tradition that dates back as long as their has been a Master Mage. That being all the baddies come out of the woodwork to test the mettle of the new Master Mage. Things are no different for you.

As you put down another threat and would-be arch, you are surprised by the sound of a golf clap. You turn to see Anthealevor.

"Now that the riff raff is out of the way, we should talk."

Dash

You are checking out the city of Houston. Its pretty amazing having anything you want at your fingertips (with the help of Singularity's credit card, of course). So even though Singularity can craft anything you want, just the idea of shopping has so much appeal to you right now.

Unfortunately, your shopping is interrupted by a blast of energy striking near you. You turn to see a man in white plate mail wielding a glowing sword. "You dare to show your face in public. I told you before, I would end you the next time I saw you, vile woman." He points his sword, there is a flash of light, then you are standing on the roof. You are being held by a tall, lean man wearing black body suit with red trim.

"Man he never gives up, does he." He gives you a kiss.

Red Hat

The Council is dead. It's kind of weird actually. They have been around almost as long as you have. You're sitting with Eric having tea and lemon bars.

"So, what are your plans for the future?"

Graft

Your waiting for Beverly. It's been a long, trying week, and you have been looking forward to seeing her. The waitress brings you a note.

"Sorry, Beverly couldn't make it. She's tied up at the moment. Meet me at this address <insert address> in twenty minutes. - Steel Samurai"

You can just make it if you run.

Flux

You have wanted to see your sister and mother ever since that test in Eldrich's home. "Michael!" Your mom greets you at the door with a hug. "How are you doing?"

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Cnd: Healthy

Floating a few inches off the ground on a thin silver dis Singularity blinked what Daedalus said he wanted to talk about the League. The last few meetings he had where people wanted to talk about the League wound up weird. One of which sent him to another dimension to kick his own butt. So Singularity's initial response was to blink, and think about what those seven words meant.

"Ok ..."

He began. Then after a few seconds of silence went on.

"... what about the League do you want to talk about?"

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Singularity

"That was an interesting solution, using the Grue technology to turn the Syndicate into the League. Frankly, I am glad for someone else to take up the banner. I've seen enough friends die."

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Cnd: Healthy

He stared for a moment, thinking about that statement. There weren't too many people who could have figured it out. Though a Bowman and Daedalus were still running around this dimension before the Tyrants showed up. Given the guy had called him out and wasn't blasting him, Singularity played it straight.

"Yeah, I hope no one else ends up thinking of it. Things could get wonky."

Drawing in a breath he held it for a second or to longer than normal, then let it out is a whoosh.

"Glad to hear you aren't angry and wanting to womp on someone for the identity theft thing. I should apologize for that. So, sorry for any hurt on that bit."

There was another pause as he regarded the man in front of him. Rethinking over Daedalus' statement Singularity's tone became curious.

"How do you intend to play this out? Disappear and get some down time while keeping a cautious eye on them? There's another Bowman out there somewhere too. Still not sure if he is a Grue or the real deal."

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: The Return

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Red Hat
HP: 2+3 Cnd: Contemplative

Red Hat munched a lemon bar. "You always remember what I like. These are particularly good."

The question, however, gives her pause. She puts down the confection. "I don't know. For so long I followed the Council, thinking perhaps that would be my route to justice. Then my quest just... Ended. So I stayed with them, I think maybe out of momentum."

She toyed with her cup a bit, and saw her 'reflection' in the tea within, before continuing, "These 'Guardians'... They're good people, I think. And it would likely behoove me to stay with the new Master Mage, but... I'm not sure I belong. They all seem like family. Like friends. You know as well as I do, when you live as long as I have, you stop making those connections so easily. And right after the council dying ... "

She sighed, "I don't know, Eric. I really don't. That which drove me for centuries is gone. That which sustained me and gave me direction of late? Also gone. I feel a little lost, to be honest."

It was a hard admission for Stheno to make, and Eric likely knew it; she was not a woman who admitted weakness to anyone.

Return to “M&M Game Room”