[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Flux

"Maybe that was the point, Michael. Your powers make you strong and invulnerable. There's nothing you can't do - physically. But there are things you can't do. There are times you will be powerless."

"You can almost guarantee it will happen again. You need to decide how you are going to deal with it. And if you can't, well that's fine too. Hang up the tights and join the professional poker tour. There's nothing wrong with that."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:56 am

Graft
HP: 1 Cnd: Stunned + Bruised + Injured

DC 25 Toughness (1d20+11=18), fail by -7, that's Stunned + Bruised + Injured.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 am

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Unsure

Stephyn simply stood there for a moment, taking in Ayshee's anger...her hurt...and her feeling of betrayal. It was something he could relate to. They were all thoughts and feelings he, himself had recently. However, unlike the Eternal Guardian, he had seen the outcome of following his own manner of vengeance. His justice cost the world the Council. True...he did not actively seek it, it had found him. Fontaine had initiated the conflict...in the end though, the cost was too high. Not everyone on the Council had been Stephyn's enemies...they may have been misguided....they didn't deserve what happened.

Stephyn nods his head, " I cannot speak for Eldrich. He had his reasons...and like his choice in me, they remain a mystery. I can only offer my suggestions....it is up to you to chose to follow or not. You have live far longer than I...you have witnessed more than I can possibly fathom. You have experienced more than I have in my o so short life. In that time...in all the years, decades...centuries, have you ever seen vengeance end well? I am sure you have seen the damage...the carnage that such tainted justice wrought."

Turning back to Red Hat, "You have lived your life in tribute to the vengeance and justice for the crimes against your sister. You have relentlessly pursued them across the centuries. Yet...yet, when have you lived for yourself? When has Stheno been...Stheno? "

Looking down at his feet, "Ayshee. At some point, you must decide if it is justice you are seeking...or a death. I only ask one thing more...would your sister demand such sacrifice from you that you have gave all these centuries?"

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem gone

Postby kenseido » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Where, o where has my little golem gone?

The group of you are gathered together for a small party thrown by Singularity. As Graft's tardiness becomes increasingly noticeable, Virginia - the assistant Artie hired who still works here for some reason - chimes in over the Intercom.

"Excuse me, a man in a costume flew in and passed out. Should I call an ambulance or would Mr Singularity like to take care of this?"

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

Postby Sakuro » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 3
Cnd: Healthy

Pizza in one hand and a liter of grape soda in the other, Singularity was chugging at his beverage when the call came over the intercom. Suddenly halting he stared at the intercom as if having seen a ghost. Apparently he hadn't even noticed Virginia during his entire stay at the Guard House. He then looked to Wraith, the only person present who'd been part of the team longer than him.

"Who was that? Do we have ... staff? I hope they're getting paid because I haven't been signing any checks."

Switching the pizza into his drinking hand Singularity waved a hand in the direction of the intercom. A section of the wall reconfigured into a monitor and brought up a video feed of the scene Virginia described. Noting the location Singularity began a quick job to the site.

"I'll check him out. Thanks ...um ... I don't know your name."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:01 pm

All (except Graft)

The video monitor displays a familiar face to Wraith. It is Impact, Graft's friend. Singularity recognizes his description.

Flux, Red Hat, and Dash have never met him.

Impact appears to have been badly beaten.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Code Silver Triage

Stephyn had just spied the Barbeque Chicken pizza and was reaching for a slice, when the video monitor pulsed to life.

"Who was that? Do we have ... staff? I hope they're getting paid because I haven't been signing any checks."

The newly minted Master Mage arched an eyebrow at the Argent Guardian was about to comment, when a familiar face filled the screen. One battered and bruised to within an inch of his life... "Impact!" Wraith growls. In a burst, Wraith flies through the door towards the entrance.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 3
Cnd: Healthy

On entering the adjoining room and finding the man collapsed on the floor Singularity moved to stand over him. Holding up his soda and pizza like witch doctor employing ritual talismans Singularity looked downwards, peering into and through Impact. The pizza and soda dissolved into silver mist. It spilled out of his grasp like a thick fog and descended on the costumed man. Seeping into him the nanites went to work repairing the damage to his body, using the materials gleamed from soda and pizza to replace damaged tissue.

"You're Graft's buddy, right? Let me guess: you two got into a mix-up with some baddies instead of coming to the party. Typical.."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:39 am

Guardhouse

Impact shakes a bit as the nanites repair his injuries. "Feels like ants crawling inside me. Don't ask how I know what that feels like."

Impact stands up. "Actually I ran into Graft while he was at a hoedown with an old dance partner. We were doing fine, then something hit me... HARD. Everything is a blur, even coming here. No idea what hit me, but I can guess its related to the reason I am in town."

"I came to warn Graft that Dr Death escaped from the hospital prison he was in."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:41 am

Graft

You feel something in the back of your neck. You open your eyes and realize you are in the exact same lab where you first opened your eyes.

And like then, you can't move.

"Oh, good. You're back online, 452." The voice of your creator is unmistakable.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 am

Graft
HP: 1 Cnd: ?

Graft strained, however futilely to turn his head to see his creator. "My name is Graft."

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:03 am

Graft

"That is such a derogatory name. You know, they mock you with it. Anyway, I created you, so I choose your name, 452."

He comes into view and you are a little surprised. You have seen him without his helmet many times, but this is the first time you have seen him without his armor on.

He looks, perhaps a bit older than you remember, and fairly tired. He is wearing suit pants and a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow.

He begins putting sensors on your head, the same sensors you remember being there when you first woke up.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Magic Wars

Postby Ysariel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:11 am

Dash
Condition: Normal / HP: 1 / Free Surge: 1

Dash gapes as she watches Singularity's pizza dissolve into nanites that seep into the downed Impact and heal him. "Wow," she stares. "And they say pizza isn't good for you."

She folds her pizza slice nearly into a roll, like a boy would, and wolfs it down. She's already devoured enough to feed a small African nation or two.

"Whatever took you out must've got Graft, too," Dash says. "Let's get over there, kick some butt and get him back pronto."
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 am

Graft
HP: 1 Cnd: ?

"I made the name my own, just like I made my existence my own. I've outgrown you. You may have created me initially but you don't own me."

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: The Return

Postby Crazyivan777 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:28 am

Red Hat
HP: 2+3 Cnd: Bemused

Red Hat arched an eyebrow at Impact's report.

"Doctor Death? Really?"

She looked to her companions and shook her head, "After we defeat him, can we start working on finding out who's handing out these ridiculous PhD's?"

Return to “M&M Game Room”