[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Go Greek!

Postby kenseido » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 am

catsi563 wrote:"Consider the message delivered, and remind father that I protect everyone I consider my family especially my friends."

"Next time I'm in Olympus, I'll let him know." The sarcasm in his voice is obvious.

catsi563 wrote:You can leave now, I'll see you soon... Brother."

"Count on it, bro." He turns and walks away. Before he reaches half way to the door, he is joined by a middle eastern woman who was standing over near the bathrooms. The two say nothing to each other as they exit the restaraunt.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Wraith
HP:2 Cnd: Angry

At the threat to his family, Stephyn couldn't help but react. Where Alistair exuded heat and Bedros rumbled the ground, Stephyn caused the entire area to darken and chilled the atmosphere to the point that everyones breath actually clouded. However, before he could retort, the Flame Fiend got up and departed. With a quiet and cold voice, "Bedros...I will kill him should he hurt my Uncle. There is no middle ground. I bear you no ill will my friend...in fact, I owe you my life. But know this, Brother or not...that fiend will fall."

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Terrabull

Bedros didnt speak as Alistair left nor did he respond when Stephyn chilled the room in its entirety. But his good mood dropped considerably. this was something he had been afraid of ever since his birthday, and now his family lineage was coming back to hurt him, and his friends again. For the briefest of moments he despised his father and seriously debated ending him permanently, a thought which caused his stomach to lurch and nearly deposited his lunch all over the table. But he fought it down and while he still looked sick he rumbled quietly

"I'm sorry Stephyn, this is my fault."

He paused for a moment his stomach and appetite nearly gone before he saw his mother coming back. Looking at Stephyn and Graft then at his mom almost pleadingly "I promise Ill explain everything soon, I need your help. After we get Mom back to the hotel tonight Ill explain to the whole team..."

there was both desperation and sincerity to his voice almost like a scared kid.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:30 am

Graft
HP: 3

Graft sat as still as a statue throughout the conversation. When Alistair left he nodded to Bedros. "We'll figure it out, whatever it is. You've been there for us, we'll be there for you."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Intermission Time. I will add Corebrute's character as soon as he is finished.

Graft, Terrabull, and Wraith

You are just dropping off Bedros' Mom back at her hotel. You got her checked in after lunch, and then took her to see Rocky. After several hours talking with him, you have now returned her to her hotel. Arty has gone off to see his reporter friend and Byron is still scouring computer logs with Ultramarine.

As you are heading back out, a fog rises up and a figure appears out of it. It is Lantern Jack.

"We have no time to waste."

Victoria

Its been a fun filled afternoon of shopping. Well it was, until you realized that creepy guy has been following you all day. Now he has four friends. And you can't read any of their minds!

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Go Greek - Intermission

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Victoria

Great just what i need today 5 droids or psi resistant metahumans, they so know how to ruin a girls day. Now will they throw down in front of all these people which will make a total smear, we cant have that now can we. Victoria walks out to the parking lot and waits to see what they do.
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Terrabull
HP: 4
Condition: Rumble Rumble

Thankfuly Stephyn and graft had picked up on his intent and not said anything upon his moms return. He had covered his own discomfort by simply resuming eating, though it was more mechanical, he was just eating to eat he wasnt eating with the same gusto he usually did. Fortunately for Bedros his Mom had either decided not to confront him on her return about his lack of appetite or at least shelved the matter till later.

He would tell her all of it eventually much as he didnt want to worry her, she would know, she always knew. Maybe not the specifics but she was as sharp as a sword. And thanks to Seven and Eldritch she knew far more about matters arcane then he was personaly comfortable with.

The rest of the day was more fun thankfully he managed to enjoy himself inspite of what was hanging over his head like Damocles sword. His Mom enjoyed the heck out of meeting Rocky and even walked away with an Autograph and a photo of him, Rocky and her together with Smiles all around.

Finaly they managed to get her to her hotel so she could rest up and with the sugestion that maybe they could take her to Seaworld and also meet Stephyns uncle Theo the next day.

Before Bedros could explain the situation though Captain Great Timing Appeared and ruined the mood.

Still never let it be said Bedros couldnt act. "Explain quickly." he rumbled.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Graft, Terrabull, and Wraith

Lantern Jack looks gravely. "My time since our last encounter has been split between blocking Minos' attempts to locate the Olympians and finding one strong enough to remove him from Olympus. Fortunately, most of his efforts have been focused on his father. I believe I have located Ares."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Victoria

As you go out into the parking lot, you notice a black van is blocking in your car. The hood is up and man appears to be working on it. He is dressed the same as the other five, and his thoughts are hidden from you as well.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Victoria

"Are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way, either way im not going with you until one of you starts explaining. Now start talking or i will get angry" Victoria mentions to the men. Not getting any responce from them she runs for it.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Victoria

You recognize the look. Your mental senses pick up a mechanical static indicating they have something blocking your powers. They all start moving in your direction and you take off. They either want to hurt you for what you can do or put you in a cage and make you work for them.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Carapace

Your boss disappeared three days ago. She claimed that men in suits were following him. You checked out her apartment. You found travel plans to Houston; she used the tickets yesterday. So here you are. Omni-Tech's office in Houston told you she was in town. She checked in with the office when she got here and went straight to the hotel. They haven't seen or heard from her since. They gave you the information on where she is staying.

Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Corebrute23 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Carapace
HP: 3
Condition: Smitten

Man what an awful town. Seriously, why would the the branch manager, and daughter of Alex Luthren, come here? In fact why does anyone live in Houston?
Ben thought to himself as he got off the bus to the hotel. I can't believe I'm taking time off work to do this. But as he looked at the hotel in front of him, tried to consider the logical option, all he could think about was Marcy's concerned face, her pretty red hair, that dimple-Focus man! He scolded himself.

Walking through the doors of the hotel, he tried to get a figure on how upscale this hotel was-5 star, motel level, family bed and breakfast etc. Inside he asks the person at the main desk,

"Excuse me is there a Miss Luthren staying with you? I'm from her firm and I'm here to check on her." He uses all the information the Houston firm provided him [room number etc], to help make him seem legitimate.

As required, I have dissed Houston. :mrgreen: If I need some kind of social roll for the desk guy...I'm in trouble. Feel free to roll for me if I do-the only social skill I have any ranks in is Sense motive. If doesn't work out I have...other methods bwahahahaha :twisted:
Also, if you guys dislike the color, let me know.
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Carapace

"But two people from her office just went up about ten minutes ago?" The clerk seems very confused. "But they couldn't remember what room was hers. Should I call security?"

Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Corebrute23 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:48 pm

He gave me the room number right?

"If they were wearing suits, I wish you had called security 10 minutes ago."
He ran to the staircase as fast as he could, jumping a few steps at a time. As he did so, he felt the multitude of insects within start to work, he felt his limbs grow stronger as he ran.

Free action, activate default power Strength of an Ant, because I doubt there's enough room/privacy to fly up there. If no one else was on the stairs, he would fly up there.

If he gets to the door and finds it locked, he glances around to see if anyone's looking. He then activates the insect nanites, covering his body in his superhuman disguise, before he kicks the locked door down with his enhanced strength.

If it's not locked, he doesn't knock it down. If there are people watching he doesn't morph to his disguise form. Notice check to see if anyone's looking:1d20+11 → [18,11] = (29)
IC probably knew I would have needed that 18 for a toughness roll down the line.
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

Return to “M&M Game Room”