[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Go Greek - Intermission

Postby kenseido » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:37 pm

HQ

Ultramarine walks into the room with some papers in his hand. He seems to stop and stare at Singularity for a second and then continues.

"Oh you're back, and you brought a friend." He walks up to Singularity and offers his armored hand. "I'm Ultramarine, leader of the Sentinels. This is Rocky, and she is Victoria."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:44 am

Singularity
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy

When Ultramarine approached and extended a hand, Singularity grasped hold of it with one of his own. His hand was covered in a metallic glove. Solid and unjointed, yet it had the flexibility of leather. Rocky and Victoria got a little wave after he had shaken Ultramarine's hand.

"Singularity."

Those solid silver eyes of his lowered to the papers held by the armored Sentinel. With his free hand he pointed at them with his index finger.

"Watcha got there?"
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Go Greek!

Postby McGuffin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:41 am

Graft
HP: 2

A look of concern for his teammates flashed across Graft's face, but the impassive expression returned so quickly as to question whether it was there in the first place. He nodded to Singularity. "You did good back there. We can sort out the living arrangements later."

Ultramarines introductions drew his attention to Victoria. "Hello. Are you here with them or is there something we can help you with?" The construct is blank and completely unreadable to her telepathically.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Go Greek - Part 2

Postby kenseido » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:38 pm

As you all gather back in to the main room, Ultramarine beings to speak.

"This is Victoria. She encountered some agents with anti-telepath tech who seemed intent on capturing her. The Atom family reported a similar encounter two days ago, they appeared to be after Chase. While she and another super were fending them off, she encountered these three faces."

Ultramarine passes around black and white printouts of what appears to be security footage. The pictures include Jake, Jefferson, and Amber from Arty's old team.

"They were breaking into a hotel room for some reason. Moments after I downloaded this, all of the security footage was erased... by no one. It's clear something is serious is going on with his old team."

"Unfortunately, Arty is nowhere to be found. He left on what he called an 'emergency lunch' and now I can't raise him on his commlink. I can't track it either."

"Shutterbug was working with me on your security logs, but he received a phonee call and next thing I know he is gone as well. He left his commlink behind."

"I am not sure..." His exposition is interrupted by a knock at the door.

Opening the door, you see Jake. "I need your help. Where's Arty?"

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Wraith
HP:0 Cnd: Curious

As the cup of tea floated over to him, Stephyn raised an eyebow and accepted the offered drink with a nod,"Thanks...it has been a rough couple of weeks." Taking a long drink, Stephyn sets back and ponders on the events of the last few days. Gods...we are hemmed in on all sides by deific forces constantly...Eric, what have you gotten me into...

When Ultramarine begins to explain the anomalies, Stephyn's previous dark mood returns...I knew I didn't like them...NO ONE just happens to be there when you need them...we were played...The news that Arty had disappeared worried Stephyn. The mouth had been a very integral part of the team. His ability to spin anything was his true super power. No one was better at it than Arty.

...Anti-Telepath...that is truly disturbing...Jake entering disrupts Stephyn's line of thought. Looking up, Stephyn answers, "Arty's missing Jake...as is Shutterbug. What is the problem?"

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Jake's head drops down. "Arty is missing? Damn." He takes on a defeated look.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Graft

There was a possible pattern emerging here that Graft did not like one bit. Two attacks against telepaths, the disappearance of their resident telepath possibly linked to it. Shutterbug's disappearance didn't fit the puzzle yet, assuming all these weren't just separate events. "I believe you came here for something? Unless it's to spy on us again, in which case feel free to leave the way you came before I help you on your way. Otherwise I'm willing to hear you out. Is it about Amber?"

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Jake walks over and falls into a chair. "Amber, Jefferson... all of them. They've all changed."

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Graft

"Changed? Since when? Arty seemed to think there was something off about all of you last time. You yourself seemed very pleased with what you'd accomplished here when you visited our HQ." Jake seeming so defeated caught Graft by surprise. Then again, that only served to intensify his suspicions.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Terrabull
HP: 3
Condition: Done wid his bidness

From a room with reinforced oversized furniture came the distinctive sound of a toilet flushing loud inspite of the reinforced and sound proofed walls. That pepsi had ran right through him after lunch and he was itching to get back on the trail of both his siblings and the lost Olympians.

He also still owed Graft and Stephyn an explanation. He had wanted to but the inclusion of two new people had complicated things so he had asked for a raincheck and excused himself to spend time with his mom on a hikeing trip for the day.

it had been fun and after telling his mom the whole story which she was suprisingly--or maybe not so suprisingly--unaffected by it. It still suprised him to this day just how strong willed she was and how courageous.

That courage buoyed him and he decided he could tell Graft and Stephyn what he needed to.

At least after a small break to relieve himself.

He walked into the living room to see everyone talking and was about to ask to talk to Stephyn and Graft when he saw a face he was not happy to see.

Jake.

that last stunt they had pulled had annoyed him no end, and now he was standing here bold as brass in their living room.

A har sound that was half snarl half snort preceeded a deep snarling "You!"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:16 pm

There is nothing bold or brass about Jake as he sits in the chair.

"It's been gradual, one at a time. One of them would disappear for a few days and then come back... different. I wasn't sure, I was hoping that Arty could confirm it. Now it looks like they got him too."

He pauses. "And as for last night... I'm not leader. I do what they tell me. They tell me what to say and how to act. They wanted the get together last night to end quickly, so I ended it. I thought I could protect the team but now I think I am the only one left."

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Singularity

After the pictures Ultramarine passed out reached his Singularity inspected with critical silver eyes. He turned them this way and that, closer and further from his face. Ever so often he paused when someone spoke up to look up to the source of the voice. The issue with Jake seemed to go right over his head, so Singulary kept his trap shut on the entire thing. At least until the last comment was made.

"Kidnapped psychics. People starting to act different. If they're connected, you've got your reason for people acting strange right there.Or at least one possability anyway."

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Wraith
HP:0 Cnd:....

"Changed?...as in Possessed? Programmed?...Jake. You were with them last night? Jake...how do we know that you aren't changed now?" With that statement, Stephyn stands abruptly and calls forth his shadowsoul, letting the Wraith flow forward. His eyes darken as does the room. Stalking forward in a decidedly inhuman way, Wraith actually circles Jake and intently inspecting him with his otherworldly senses.

OK...awakening his Darkness Awareness and Magic Awareness. Scrutinizing the young man for any outside influences that I could possibly "see". Notice (1d20+10=21)Knowledge: Arcane (1d20+13=27)

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 pm

"No, nothing so drastic. They were acting different. Hard to put into words. I've just known them for so long, I could see something wrong. Their personality quirks were emphasized."

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Singularity

Singularity opened his mouth, about to speak, when the room suddenly got really dark and Wraith began studying Jake. His mouth closed and the young man just watched until Wraith had finished. Afterwards he arched a silver brow, as if to inquire if Wraith he picked up on anything. Then he looked back to Jake while setting the photographs onto a nearby flat surface.

"You said you need help. What kind?"

Return to “M&M Game Room”