[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Crime Spree

Postby Sakuro » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 0
Cnd: Fatiuged

Lowering his eyes from the sky as Captain Thunder descended with his teammate Singularity quietly listened. His silver eyes moving between his team and the Leaguers. Silver lips pursed together before he eased into the conversation.

"Something like this, if it got out, could cause a lot of panic. The leaders of nations wouldn't be trusted."

Looking to the Guardians he offered them a lean smile. His voice easy and mild. Like a guy talking with pals and beer buddys.

"We can give them two days guys."

His hands raised palms up as he looked back to the Leaguers. Cordial and supportive the young man was suddenly floating on a silver disk.

"How about you let Victoria sit in on this operation of your's. She can be a liaison between the Guardians and the Freedom League. That way if things go south she can get word to us and we can back your play."
OOC wrote:Not sure if that last bit is cool. The character is a NPC at the moment, so it'd keep her in the story, but the background.
Last edited by Sakuro on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Graft
HP: 0 Cnd: Fine

Graft eyed the League throughout the exchange, his suspicion slipping to the surface through his passive exterior. "An alien invasion and something even bigger? Things seem to be piling up." Singularity's words mollified Graft, at least to the extent that the construct was willing to leave it be, for now.

He turned to Tension, all his focus now on his old friend. "We should get back to the Guardhouse, we can continue this there. It is good to see you again, even if the circumstances aren't the best possible." There's a hint of warmth on the scar-covered face.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Terrabull
HP: 1
Condition: Ominous silence.

Bedros let out a quiet sigh of relief as Captain Thunder brought Stephyn back safely. That was one less thing to worry about. Only for an Alien invasion to be added to the list of things he would have to worry about.

Great.

He needed to meditate in silence for a bit, and he needed to see Mom, he really needed to see her especialy when he got out of hand like that.

"I'll see you there..." he rumbled quietly before simply flowing into the ground with only a glance at the league and a nod to big Sis Seven.

Rising up in the Garden he'd set up he just stood there connecting once again to the grandmother Gaia to the pulse and flow of the Earth. breathing and heart beat matched that pulse as he felt the flow of everything, let himself become one with it and used it to wash himself clean of the stress and anger.

He could feel in that pulse his three siblings the fury still raging within them, and he could feel his moms pulse, he could even feel the pulses of the Olympians as they went about there normal lives with no idea who they were. He still couldnt lock into their locations but he could feel them simply because like all life they were connected to the earth, and to the Bio-Sphere, and thus they were connected to him.

He still had to find them, and he still had to free his siblings. He didnt know or care how long he stood there as still as the statues he'd carved so long ago. But in that stillness he made his choice and no matter how much it would hurt him he would follow through with it.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Several of the Leaguers look back and forth at each other at Singularity's suggestion. "That actually works for us," Lady Liberty says.

Captain Thunder says, "To bad Bedros left, he could havve checked out your new ride." They lead you outside where you see not one, but two V-TOLs. "We brought you one of our spares," Captain Thunder says.

"I am going to go back with them. I have some information on Otaku that Singularity requested while he was in Freedom City," Bowman says as he follows you to your new ride. Captain Thunder nods as you climb aboard your new aircraft and head home.

Okay, that is the end of the adventure. 5xp for everyone. Interludes starts as soon as you arrive at the base. The ship isn't free, this is just a mechanism to give it to you since the Interlude and next adventure all run together.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Lady Liberty wrote:Several of the Leaguers look back and forth at each other at Singularity's suggestion. "That actually works for us," Lady Liberty says.

"Cool."

One of Singularity's gloved hands formed into a fist with the thumb sticking up.
Captain Thunder wrote:Captain Thunder says, "To bad Bedros left, he could havve checked out your new ride." They lead you outside where you see not one, but two V-TOLs. "We brought you one of our spares,"

"Double cool. Timely too. Thanks for the loan."

Floating along he moved outside with Captain Thunder and the others.
Bowman wrote:"I am going to go back with them. I have some information on Otaku that Singularity requested while he was in Freedom City,"

"Then lets get this party flowing."

Singularity paused before boarding the craft and poked at the device mounted on his wrist. A cloud of nanites spewed out over it, washed over the Guardians unconsious form, and the circles around the group and seaped back into the wreist device. When the cloud had cleared the team's wounds had vanished.

Then he was moving again. Up into the aircraft, where he settle dinto a seat for the ride back to the Guardhouse.
OOC wrote:Patching up the group before the scene change. It'll allow Wraith to join the fun too.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Wraith
HP:0 Cnd:Different

The comforting blackness was suddenly interuppted by an intense tingling. With an angry hiss, a corona of ebon energy flares up and alights with burning mystical sigils as it rises slightly off Stephyn's inert form. As it does, some of the micromachines are devoured in the conflagration. The shape briefly manifests in an unsettling inhuman form and actually growls before settling back down into the waking warlock..."Uuunngghhhh...B...bomb. Did it get far enough away?"

Raising himself up on one arm, Stephyn uses the other to push his hair back out of his face. Looking up, he sees that they are not alone," Freedom League?" The question has a hint of suspicion to it. Too many times in recent past, the appearance of the League has ushered in trouble. Large trouble. And todays issue with the false villains has Stephyn very weary. Very cautiously, Wraith slides back and up, looking over at his teammates for an explaination. As he does, he notices that one of them is missing,"Bull!...Where the hell is Bedros?" The shadows around Stephyn coalesce into the same form that rose out of his inconcious body before. This aura surrounds Wraith and lend an air of promised violence. As it does, Wraith floats up off the ground and looks at all around him with glowing green eyes," What...is...going...ON?"

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

A wide toothing grin was flashed Stephyn's way when he woke up.

"Yeah. You did it Wraith. You get the ' I saved the day ' cake tonight."

A hand raised and motioned downwards subtly. As if bidding the mage to calm down.

"The Big Guy is good. Went back to the Guardhouse to meditate while he waited for us."

Silver covered eyes glanced back and forth between Wraith and Captain THunder.

"The League dropped off a V-TOL for us to use. We can talk details at the house. But summary? BIG INVASION. Or worse."

When he said ' big invasion ' Singularity brought his arms up and spread them wide. Then flopped them lazily back at his side when he said ' or worse '.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Wraith
HP:0 Cnd: Uneasy

"Or Worse..." Wraith's eyes narrowed as he looked from Singularity to Captain Thunder, upon whihc the latter the look turned into an almost glare. "Every time is OR Worse...when the Freedom League is involved. So Tell me Captain, how long has this OR worse situation been brewing? Long enough I'm sure that you could have warned us about it before today." Shaking his head in disbeleif, "We are supposed to be a sister team are we not? We are supposed to be able to call upon you in times of need and you of us. Yet...yet we find out that something OR worse is happening by literally stepping in it ourselves. At least that is what I am getting from all of this."

Stopping for a moment, Stephyn Parthenos bows his head and massages his forehead. "Forgive me..." the tone is a little more subdued, less antagonistic. "Things have been...trying as of lately." Looking back at the bodies upon the floor, Wraith gestures at the scene, "Today...today we faced what seemed like nearly half the known crimnals in North America in one day. Forgive me for letting my darker side ride the reins for awhile."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Seven places a comforting hand on Stephyn's shoulder. "I understand what you are going through. Believe me when I say that this has been at least as hard on us as it has been on you. I hope we never have to keep anything like this form you again."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interlude

Postby kenseido » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:21 pm

You arrive back at the Guardhouse. All of you come downstairs to see three people sitting around talking. Everyone recognizes Mike, and all but Tension recognize Blaze, the hunter who has been hanging around and flirting with Stephyn. The young boy is only familiar to Wraith as Toby, the one helped him at the bank.

Bowman just eyes them and then heads for a room. "Singularity, you and Stretch come have a private convo with me."

Blaze and Toby get up and head over to Stephyn. Toby looks at you, "I take it things went okay. My dad wants to talk to you." Blaze looks at Toby, then you. "His dad is a friend of Uncle Callin."

Mike looks at Graft, "And I found a lead, but we have to move now."

Catsi, if you want to post your good-bye, now would be the time.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 pm

At seeing Blaze chatting up some of the other guests Singularity gives Stephyn a ' you get her pal ' pat on the shoulder as he heads off to a side too to talk in private with Tension and Bowman. He had floated down the stair on his flight disk. but on reaching the bottom he stepped off of it, and the silver platform dissipated into a metallic mist.

"This should be fun."

Singularity paused a beat and snapped his fingers as he flashed the stitched up construct-ninja a smile.

"Oh, right. Graft, before you run off stop by the ... uh ... I suppose its where the hangar is going to be when I get around to it. Last night I finished that stuff you asked about ."

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Out of the Frying pan

Walking in and seeing Blaze actually brightened Stephyn sour mood...for exactly ten seconds. That was when he spotted the young man who claimed to be his new apprentice. The apprentice he had no idea that he had...or that he requested. To find out that he was legit, little alone a friend of the head of the council almost made Stephyn walk back out. Almost. "Thanks for the help at the bank. You saved me critical time."

Stephyn turns to Blaze and smiles. For some reason, the very thought of her here made everything he went through today worth it. Her presence was a soothing balm that he truly needed. All of his earlier suspicions became muted and non-important. Until he remembered the real reason that the two of them had been seeing each other recently...her Uncle and his sudden absence. At that sobering thought, Stephyn looks up to the rest of the Guardians, "Guys, we'll be in the Arcanum. Tell Bull I'll see him in a little bit." With that, Stephyn gestured to the ornate door that seemed a little out of place in the hi-rise penthouse that was the Guardhouse. With a subtle hand movement and a quick whisper, Wraith disables the wards upon the entrance and opens it in a single silent move. Waiting for the two to enter, Stephyn follows them in, closing the door. As he does, " OK...two questions. Blaze, any word on your Uncle?" Before she can truly answer though, he turns to the young man who intervened at the bank by morphing into a doppelganger of Wraith, "Who the hell are you?" While there is a slight growl in the question, there is also a note of true curiosity.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 pm

The three of you walk into the Sanctum. Blaze looks at you with a smile. "Stephyn, relax. Toby has been studying with my Uncle for years. Callin and his dad go way back."

"Yeah, Dad says you are the guy I'm supposed to work with, until we find out about Master Callin. He wants to talk to you about it; I was supposed to just come get you, but you were busy so I just tried to help where I could."

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Terrabull

How long had he been in the stream? Hours, minutes, days, years? It seemed like all of the above when he was like this. He felt the pulses of his teamates when they returned, felt the pulses of the others the Freedom League with them. Hed even felt the pulse of the three people who had come to the HQ, Blaze, Stephyns--snicker girl friend he never got tired of teaisng his brother about that-- partner, and Mike, and someone he hadnt met before.

He was debtating comeing back and was about to send that same comforting pulse to the Olympians and his siblings that he always did-- Be safe I will find you and we will be a family--when the pulses of his siblings and his own pulse were violently shaken. It was like a loud crack of thunder and lightning right through his spirit, a crack in the very foudnation of the worlds, that threw the very balance of the universe out of order and off.

He reached for it and tried to understand it, tried to see what it was, and it wasnt long before the evidence was laid bare before him.

Tartarus was udner attack, the dead warred with the dead and gods battled with each other in a conflict that could only end with the destruction of everyone.

Bedros sighed deeply "I warned you father, I warned you werent ready for that power, and now you're facing the consequences of that arrogance." he thought to himself mentaly shaking his head since his body save for a violent shudder had remained still.

He could feel the panic in his siblings pulses as they too had felt it, though they clearly didnt understand what was happening. He wavered for a moment as to what to do, did he help his a father a usurper who had stolen a throne that was not his? Or Did he let him fight his own war, and leave the consequences in Zeuses hands.

But he couldnt, could he? Zeus was still missing and the invaders knew it. He could feel the cold and ice of the northwinds moving with them, feel the rage of the berserker in them--Norse, Hela he snorted--they wouldnt stop and the souls of many would suffer for his fathers pride.

No he had only one choice, given who he was there was never any other he couldnt allow the balance to be thrown out of whack, couldnt allow people to suffer even if they were allready dead.

Reaching down he sent a hard pulse of his own to his siblings it had his strength and his heart that behind it, his calm resolution, and his stubborn determination.

And one by one they responded. One by one they acknowledged, and one by one.

They came.

From the small brazier of flame Allister stepped the flames of his element as hot and bright as his spirit and blood. From the Stream, Praya known as Downpour came her heart as calm and deep as the oceans and tides themselves. And from the very air Angela also known as Zephyr coalesced first as a breeze, then as a gust, then as a gale that caused the very trees to bend.

And lastly he returned to his body standing up as the earth groaned and rumbled in greeting to those whose spirits shared the same connection to the elements that he did.

They were scared and uncertain, and simultaneously like their natures exited.

"You felt it Bedros?" Downpour asked her voice the soft flowing of a stream.

"Yeah what the bloody hell was that!?" Allister snarled the flames flickering behind his eyes.

"it scared me, I thought I was going to die for a moment." Zephyr whispered her voice like a breeze.

"Tartarus." He spoke as if that one word carried a world of meaning, which it did.

"Fathers arrogance has come back to bite him in the tail." he snorted as his own tail lashed back and forth once."Hela has invaded Tartarus and shes pressing him hard. He didnt see it coming when he lashed out at the Pantheon, didnt see how the others might take advantage of it.

"But what about Adamantine?" Allister snapped "Surely..." he traile doff as even his self assuredness wavered

"Adamantine might hold them off but even the construct would fall eventualy to an army of the dead." Praya answered evenly.

"So what do we do then?" Angela piped in. the way she looked at Bedros as she asked sent a flutter through his heart he hadnt felt since he'd met Penitent, and he blushed but kept her gaze as he replied.

"I'm going to help him." he said evenly in that deep bass rumble like two great boulders rubbing together. They all stared at him like he was out of his mind and even spent the enxt several seconds telling him he was. But it was plain to see which element he represented as he looked back at them and looked them right in the eyes.

"I'm going now." he spoke up finally silencing their objections with the quiet power of his voice and detemrination. "I called you here to say goodbye and to ask that you look after Mom for me while Im away." he hesitated a moment for the first time seeming uncertain before his resolve hardended to granite, a chancge which caused all of them save Angela to step back.

"I might not return so she'll need someone to look out for her, remember she was special to me and to Father."

"Bedros if you go you could die, permanently down there." Praya spoke quietly but as determined as him.

His only response was to shrug casually. "Not the first time..." he looked at eahc of them as the revelation hed had about his own element was once more broguth home to him "And it wont be the last either, As long as our elements exist as long as we embrace the spirit of our element we'll live.

"As long as Fire burns." Here he looked at Allister who flinched slightly before looking back at him defiantly. "As long as water flows." he looked at Praya who smiled softly and nodded. "And as long as the wind blows free." he looked at Angela and this time it was her turn to blush but she nodded.

"We will endure because its who we are and what we do." he replied evenly "And so will I."

"Well bro thats about the biggest load of metaphorical crap I've heard spouted in awhile" Allister snapped while applauding satirically. "So looks like I'll have to go with you, cant let you go try and be the big hero all alone, probably make us all look stupid with a name like Terrabull." he snarked making little quotation fingers as he sounded out the name, only to yelp as Angela smacked him across the back of the head.

"Dont make fun of him jerk!" she snapped her hair gusting up around her in a non existant breeze. Then she turned to Bedros and looked him in the eye and then he felt their pulses connect on a deeper level then any of the others.The two stayed that way before she broke the trance by stepping up to him and speaking.

"I'm coming too, who knows what trouble this knucklehead will get you into If I dont." she smirked as she threw a thumb in Allisters direction wile he snorted and pretended to look offended.

"Praya you coming?" she asked a bit of hope in her voice.

"Was there ever any doubt?" Praya responded evenly as she reached out to take Bedros hand. for a moment she looked at the massive palm as if she could see something in the lines on it then she turned it over and put her hand on top of the enormous mitt and smiled gently.

Zephyr whooped and put her own hand on his and they both looked at Allister who rolled his eyes and said "This is so freaking corny." but inspite of his words he put his hand in anyways. "So whats the plan Cowboy." he snickerd only to yelp again as Praya hit him this time.

"First I say goodbye to the Guardians, theyre like family and I am going to miss them, then we go see Mom and tell her the truth. he paused a moment at that implication clearly not looking forward to it.

"Then we go and raise hell." he smirked and the others smiled at the thought of the fun they would have.

"Stay here, we'll leave shortly." Turning away with one last long glance at Anglea who flipped her waist length blond hair and winked at him nearly causing him to stumble before he regianed his feet and made his way inside. This was always the hardest part but it had to be done even if there wasnt a war in hell of all places he would still have to go, the Olympians must be restored and the balance with it, otherwise everyone, everywhere would be endangerd.

Finally he looked in and got Stephyn and Grafts attention. Pulling them aside he was the picture of stone resolve though inwardly he was heartbroken. These two were like --very odd-- brothers to him, and both were very dear.

Stephyn was someone who could understand what it was like to have a raging fury with you, one who knew what it was like to have to fight against your very nature in order to avoide becoming a force of destruction.

And Graft, crazy as it was Graft was someone he could laugh with on a regular basis, the Patchwork paladins dryness made him a near universal straightman and the two regularly bounced off each other. His big emotions contrasting with Grafts lack of them but it worked inspite of how crazy it was.

He spared a thought for Singularity whose tech skill and courage in joining them on their jaunt to Olympus could not be denied. Even Victoria who had put aside her own fears to join them.

"I'm leaving." he said simply "Dont know if I'll be coming back."

"The Olympians need to be found and restored, and now fathers arrogance has lead to a war in Tartarus that hes not prepared to fight." he explained to both of them.

"I know you' both have your own battles coming, and I wish I could be there for you, I'll be there in spirit at least."

"If I can I'll help you when ever I can, you know Ill always have your backs, I think of the two of you like Brothers."

"Oh and call Mom from time to time, she liked you two, and she thinks Graft needs to get out more." He snorted with that deep rumbling laugh."

Finally he turned away and walked out into the garden he'd created when he'd come here so long aago, with its zen rocks, and sand, its grass and cherry blossom tress, the small stream, and the bridge over it, and the 4 statues of Zeus, Aphrodite, Athena, and Heracles. Now a new statue stood off to one side, one of the Guardians as theyd been when he'd first met them.

Wraith, Himself, Graft, Peneitent, and Arty, and Shutterbug all standing and smiling with their arms around each other and Shutterbug giving a V for victory sign.

Turning back he waved once before joinging his Sibling who nodded in Stephyn and Grafts direction--or smirked mischievously in Allisters case, before the 4 of them in their own ways stepped into their elements Allister seeming to immolate and vanish with the smoke, Praya simpling flowing into the stream, the windpicking up as Angela just seemed to blow away, and Lastly Bedros himself who just seemed to melt into the earth where with a final wave and big grin he vanished and only the earth itself to know he had ever been there.

Been a blast but time to go.

always glad to role play any cameos or short vignettes and interludes anyone wants to but untill then take care everyone.

Last edited by catsi563 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:10 am

Graft
HP: 0 Cnd: Fine

Mike's words sent Graft into action, all the matters that had seemed so important a moment ago forgotten. Tension's return, the plot they'd faced today, what the League was keeping from them... There was only room in the construct's mind for one thought, one word. Sanzel.

He barely acknowledged Singularity with a distracted nod, almost out the door when Bedros showed up. The look on his face stopped Graft in his tracks. He waved Mike away, following his friend to the side.

As Bedros talked, Graft stood in silence. There wasn't even a hint of the slight flickers of emotion the two others had learned to pick up on as he listened. He was deader than an unblinking stone statue. When Bedros finished, he offered only a few words. "Stay safe Brother."

Graft blinked, wiping away a single tear that rolled down his scarred cheek. The construct wiped it away and looked at his hand, an honest and complete look of surprise on his face for a moment. Then it passed and he wiped his hands on his jacket before turning around and heading back the way he came.

As he came back to Mike, Graft didn't stop or slow down at all, instead indicating the direction of the future hangar that Singularity had mentioned. "Walk and talk."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Return to “M&M Game Room”