Young Justice OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Young Justice OOC

Post by Waynetech » Tue May 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Chracter List:
1. Superboy. Mentor:Superman (Veguto)
2. Red Hood (todd). Mentor:Batman (Shadow13)
3. Kid Flash. Mentor:The Flash (Mark Reuter)
4. Batwing. Mentor:Nightwing. (Mr. United)
5. Warlock. Mentor:Zatanna (Enigmatic One)
6. Hawkboy. Mentor:Hawkman. (CaptainChaos)
7. Wonder Girl. Mentor:Wonder Woman. (Shock)

Current Series: Mission 1. Calling the Recruits.

Game Status: Active

Welcome to ooc for those who are a bit new on play by post gaming, OOC stands for out of character, think of it in terms of the super heroes you are playing. Batman doesn't refer to superman as clark when in front of a villain or unknown associate or even hold conversation during the "action". Thats the OOC forum, it's a place where you can go when your not currently playing to talk about events without restriction of topic. OOC has in the past been a good place to post when you might be going away for a few days or for me the gm to give you advice and help where needed for play or even to discuss the direction of a character and what you like or dont like. OOC is also a place to generally kickback and relax and get to know the people you are playing with without the finess of storytelling and detailed action descriptions.
Last edited by Waynetech on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
Young Justice GM, Spectrum Corp GM
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: Young Justice OOC

Post by Waynetech » Tue May 31, 2011 10:26 pm

I would like for everyone if not post anything in the ooc then to at least introduce themseves and who they are playing, it would be helpful if we share info as far as rpg experience and your experince or knowledge in the comic world. allow me to be the first

For those of you who dont know I'm Waynetech and im the ring leader of this little circus cherade I.E i am the dm/gm. I have a lot of experience in roleplay games and a bit less in play by post games but im extremely familiar with both the dc and marvel universe though im not an "expert" if you will. I'm new to m&m and this is my first m&m game ever. ^.^
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

veguto
Henchman
Henchman

Post by veguto » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:51 am

Superboy

I'm still pretty new to M&M and these forums, but I've had some RPG experience back in the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons days. I've enjoyed lots of table top games from time to time including D&D, Warhammer, Heroclix and even Pokemon with my children.

I primarily get my comics in the form of graphic novels and trade paper backs. I started with the Uncanny X-Men back in the 90s, but have switched to primarily DC titles in the last few years. I enjoy Superman and Superboy comics quite a bit. I've read most of the modern Teen Titans trades, but have not gotten around to reading the Young Justice books yet. I'm also in the process of reading the latest Superman and Superman/Batman trades. As far as other media goes related to this character I have seen all the aired Young Justice cartoons on Cartoon Network and have even seen most of Smallville.
Read Pile
Invincible
Siege (aka Crossover Madness)
Blackest Night Green Lantern Corps.

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Mr.United » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:47 pm

I was just wondering if we are with Batman or just somwhere else?

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Waynetech » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm

i'll introduce you as the story goes on some characters may have minor roles in the origin stories but the origins are primarily focused on one or two players for the time being just to get into the rhythm for me then i'll open it up wide. It wont be long as promised.
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Shadow13 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Red Hood

I will be playing Red Hood. Still new to the MM game system but I should be ok. I have many years playing other RPGs. There isnt much to do on a UDP on a ship but see how many times you can conquer Undermoun for 2ed.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Waynetech » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Lol. your first action awaits Hood =D
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Shadow13 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:23 pm

I will have my post finished an posted tom after work. Got home later after friends made me diner. Have another long day at work an have about a third of my first post typed just need to finish a few more things in my head before I write them down.

But I am looking to be in the game with all ya guys. Looking forward to being in a game with Mr United again.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Waynetech » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:37 pm

**Update**

Batwing, I would like you to be assisting nightwing when the time comes, Kid flash you will be coming up with the flash shortly. Keep your eyes peeled and wait for my mark.

WT
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

veguto
Henchman
Henchman

Post by veguto » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Wasn't too sure how to post my affliction power action in the IC thread. Is there a standard pbp format?
Read Pile
Invincible
Siege (aka Crossover Madness)
Blackest Night Green Lantern Corps.

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Waynetech » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:03 pm

mmm nahh. you did good I think. I didnt really have t look up much info and you really only had to roll a 1 to actually fail at hitting the guards. I just followed the ruling on minions and the auto sucess rating. These guys aren't anything special at all and are no where near a worthy match for you or the batman so meh no worries. in the future just post a roll and the equation as to what you are adding so I can get a better idea of the result.

I like to use the rule, if you think it requires a roll, then it probobly does.

in that Ex. post the power your using which you did perfectly,
Move-by Action

Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 12 (Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Resisted by Fortitude, Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless, Limited; Superboy and targets must be touching the ground)

Fortitude check of 22 on all the guards I believe.
Then a roll, say you roll a 15 so itd be,

roll: 15 + 12 (affliction rank) total = 37.

I like to have the info in the post, then i dont really have to look up your sheet and think hey why is that a plus twelve, which again you did flawlessly.

**Edit** I forgot to mention, I also appreciate you totaling up the dc as well but i can handle that much =P

WT
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Mark Reuter » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:20 am

Howdy all. I will be playing Kid Flash for this series of adventures. I am an avid gamer having been doing it most of my adult life. I came to Mutants and Masterminds about five years ago (2nd edition) and I have been hooked on the system ever since. Without a doubt, the best superhero RPG out there. Before that I played Champions and Necessary Evil, a Savage Worlds product. I love me some speedsters and no one handles speedsters better than M&M, so I am very excited to be playing Kid Flash.

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Waynetech » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:16 am

Good to have you mark. spread the word about the series guys if you see anyone flag lfg or trying to find something to play direct them here. We have two slots left and there are still plenty of opportunities left.
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Waynetech » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Waynetech wrote:Good to have you mark. spread the word about the series guys if you see anyone flag lfg or trying to find something to play direct them here. We have two slots left and there are still plenty of opportunities left.

for those not keeping track we are overfull by one slot assuming everything runs smoothly.
The team will be as follows:

1. Superboy. Mentor:Superman (Veguto)
2. Red Hood (todd). Mentor:Batman (Shadow13)
3. Kid Flash. Mentor:The Flash (MarkReuter)
4. Batwing. Mentor:Nightwing. (Mr.United)
5. Warlock. Mentor:Zatanna (Enigmatic One)
6. Hawkboy. Mentor:Hawkman. (CaptainChaos) Pending. Awaiting sheet submission.
7. (Green Lantern). Mentor: Guy or Hal? (Wolf) Pending. Awaiting Information.
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm Warlock's player. I've played RPGs, forums and M&M for a while. Sorry if that's not a lot, but I will make up for it in character. Not to Kid Flash's extreme though. :D

Sheet
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach the peach!