I will be running the 2E Time of Crisis adventure. I'll be running 4-6 people (probably 4), PL 10/160 pp, preference towards characters that are well-rounded and team-oriented. I do want descriptors on powers and no extreme tradeoffs. In general, if you're looking at a power and wondering if it's abusive, consider an alternative. Please post a short bio. I don't need your history, but I do want an idea of where you came from and what you do. Lastly, I do run Complications when I can, so include some.
^_^ Any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.House Rules in Play
* Devices - Easy-to-Lose Devices are worth a -1 Flaw rather than the -2 in the book. Hard-to-Lose Devices are merely a Complication in that if they get destroyed/taken away, you get a Hero Point. More than one if you're deprived of your Hard-to-Lose device for a prolonged amount of time and you comport yourself well.
* Utility Belts / Arsenals - Devices and Equipment which are built as an array of objects are either removable with a single Disarm/Sunder (e.g. a gun which can fire on different settings) or Disarmed/Sundered as individual items (e.g. an assortment of guns on one's back) but requires a Move action to switch as per the rules on drawing items (Quick Draw will let you switch as a Free action at the cost of dropping the previous item, or as part of a 10 foot move that doesn't pass by any enemies).
* Improved Grab - Improved Grab will let you start a grapple on your turn as a free action after a successful unarmed attack, but success only establishes the grapple. Establishing a pin, doing unarmed damage, or throwing have to wait until your next turn unless you use extra effort.
---- Original Post ----
Since I'm down to two games in my queue (two of my games having gone on hiatus rather suddenly), I'm considering trying to run a game again. I'm going to be running Time of Crisis for my f2f gaming group in a few months, so I figure I could get a test run on some of my modifications (I know that the players at my table have probably read the module through, so I can't really keep the same twists). One of the big catches is that my current job doesn't let me do extensive posting during the day (lately, I haven't even really had much time over lunch) and that's a bad thing for a GM. What do people think of the idea of running it where when it comes down to combat, all actions have to be in by a given time (10 PM EST is my current plan) whereupon I'll run them in initiative order, making slight variations for cases where people have lost their initial target? I had fun in a speedster-based game that way, made initiative more meaningful past "you get to hit first" because it also let you make more specific plans without worrying about the situation changing, and the concept kind of worked when I ran my Magical Girl Hunters game.
^_^ So, PL 10/160 pp, probably 4 people, based around Freedom City and a preference toward 4-color/Silver/Bronze age-ishness but as long as the group is willing to work as a team (I can't stand the "team of loners" setup and I'm not horribly fond of people choosing to act against the team constantly due to "character based reasons"), it's pretty wide open. Anyone think that sounds interesting?
- Brick Supermodel - badpennyCelestial
- Chosen One Dark/Light Controller - Lady GolightlyThomas Majors
- Kid Space Opera Hero - ArkiteCharlie Rose and Frederick
- Brick Doctor - mrdent12Intrico
- Ex-minion Psychic - Arthur EldThe Sphinx
- Costumed Mystic - Lord Bayushi78Gunsmith
- Badass Normal Gunslinger - ThrincoldMisdirect
- Mentalist Psychic - KaisusMizuki Musashi
- Immortal Swordswoman - ShatteredFaithCyberguard
- Powersuit Lurker - Darkeye4876Snowbird
- Cold Controller Engineer - CaptainChaosPolynikes
- Immortal Spartan - lightfufu
- Shapeshifting Ink Construct Naif - Bill from AccountingFlux
- Living Battery Scientist - roguescribnerTechnowizard
- Technological Savant - TinkerbellCheshire Cat
- Teleporting Mind Controller - badpenny
- Trickster Totem - Femme FataleSwitch
- Alteration Sorceress - KarmaChrysalis
- Sleepy Paragon - baixiweiKir Avon
- Technomage - kenseidoSilhouetted Lady
- Darkness Controller - Silhouetted Lady
Current line-up:Thomas Majors
- Kid Space Opera Hero - ArkriteCharlie Rose and Frederick
- Brick Doctor - mrdent12 - Currently played by GMGunsmith
- Badass Normal Gunslinger - Thrincold - Currently played by GMInk
- Shapeshifting Ink Construct Naif - Bill from AccountingCheshire Cat
- Teleporting Mind Controller - badpenny
- Chosen One Dark/Light Controller - Lady Golightly - Overloaded her powers healing the hostages, possibly lost with the rest of Freedom City when the bombs went off.Mizuki Musashi
- Immortal Swordswoman - ShatteredFaith - Came up missing between the first act and the intermission. Quark claims that her body's mortality reasserted itself and she crumbled away, but he's been known to be a liar.The Sphinx
- Costumed Mystic - Lord Bayushi78 - Heroically battered away at a Me 619 Walküre
and managed to drive it off, but got hit badly by its teammates. A buried bit of shrapnel caused complications as he tried to heal around it, and he was left with the Rebellion on Erde
for further medical care.