Age of Heroes - Chapter 2: Gods & Monsters (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Age of Heroes (Regrouping)

Postby roguescribner » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:23 pm

I just wanted to let everyone I'm still chugging away on the final post. I'm doing a lot of revising because I want to find that balance between relaying all the necessary information as a GM to end the story and set up what's to come, make it not sound like I'm glossing over or bullet-pointing everything, and keeping it in the proper "voice."

It's also a bit hard to keep the various plot threads straight and I find myself forgetting to mention this or that and having to go back. I'm up to the point where all hell is about to break loose (people are being arrested and executed! :shock: ) and then the final battle will begin. That I most certainly will gloss over save for any important twists and plot developments that erupt from that. I'm doing my best to try to get this done before the July 4 holiday. *fingers crossed*
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:31 pm

You can do it!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Okay, it's all written out. I should have it posted tomorrow after I've had one last opportunity to go back over it and make sure the "voice" is correct. I think the events are correct, so it's just a matter of making sure it reads well.

And then I'll start preparing Chapter 2... 8)

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Wooo! :D

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Age of Heroes (Chapter 2 Pending)

Postby roguescribner » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Chapter 1 has been concluded. My eyes are bleeding from all the reading and typing, so if there are any errors I apologize. :P

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 pm

RS: So, is there space for me to step in, like we discussed? :)
Impeach the peach!

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:38 pm

I'll be doing a recruitment at some point. I need to prepare the adventure. I've only got a rough outline at this point. The good news is that from this point forward it won't be character-locked, meaning if we lose players I can just slip another one in if need be. :)

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Fantastic job :)

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Thank you. 8)

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Took me a minute to remember back then North was actually south on Africa and heading South was going north accross the mediterranean sea.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:30 am

Holy wall of text, Batman. No wonder that took you a bit. ;) Well written and enjoyed.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Well, we were just ramping up to the final scene of the adventure when RL unfortunately derailed the game. So yeah, it was writing the final adventure scenario and then figuring out what all the characters did and then typing it all up, plus making sure the next game was set up too. Lots of writing. :mrgreen:

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:57 pm

My brain has been in overdrive for the past 24 hours or so. I've got a pretty good outline for the next adventure written. I need to do a little more research to connect the beginning to the end, but then I think we'll be good to go. So recruiting will likely start within the next week or two.

I'll update the first post in this topic when it starts.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Age of Heroes (Chapter 2 Recruiting)

Postby roguescribner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Concept:

A new age of heroes is born as a new crop of superhumans battle mythological hell spawn in an effort rid the land of darkness!

The Pitch:

"Our benign existence is threatened. Out of the marshes rises a darkness that will blanket this land. Foul creatures that destroy our crops and kill our kin. A sinister force has invaded our borders, taken root in our homeland, and slowly grows in power. Are there none among us who can stand against it? No men of action to quell this evil? Stand and be counted!"

Backstory:

The game will begin in Ancient Greece, circa 1400 BCE (roughly 1,200 years after the events in Chapter 1, transitioning from the bronze age to the early dark age). The adventure tone will be epic mythological action. This adventure will build upon events that occurred in Chapter 1: Fire in the Sky, but it is not required reading. The only gods commonly referenced right now are those of the first pantheon of Greek gods and goddesses, the Titans. Generally speaking, the peoples of Greece are living prosperous lives but a darkness has started to spread in the land and it's up to you to stop it.

Player characters can be of any age, but I'd prefer they skew young adult. If you're going to play older, sell me on why. Builds can be based upon the Olympians, but you should not name yourself after them. So no Zeus or Son of Zeus, but you can have abilities akin to Zeus. Everyone should be an adventurer type, tasked with traveling around Greece performing heroic feats for a little money and lots of fame. Everyone should be combat capable, but some skills may come in handy as well. This will be a fairly combat intensive and plot-driven adventure, but I love adventure hooks, so if you build something interesting into your background you'll be a stronger contender for selection.

Please note that while I'm going to try to keep a toe dipped in the waters of history, my main objective is to tell a good story so drama will trump reality in this game.

Game Notes:

3E PL 10 150 pp

Player builds should tie in with an established Olympian, as referenced above. I'm going to look for builds that considered life outside of heroics when making my selections, so ones that are well rounded in skills and abilities will rise to the top. I also would like backgrounds for everyone detailing how they discovered their powers, how they put them to use, whether or not you have friends and family, if any of them fell to the dark creatures starting to invade the land, etc. During this time period, Greece does not have a single unified government; it is divided into many regions/kingdoms. Here's a handy reference map.

The beginning of the game will center around Arcadia and southern Epirus. PCs can be from any region.

To keep things simple for me, I'm going to ask that no one submit any size- or shape-changers. Also, some house rules are listed below. I reserve the right to veto any other abilities I feel will hamper the game.

House Rules:

1. Impervious works as in 2E and is capped at PL. Penetrating works as described in 3E.
2. Non-combat skills may be purchased at 3 ranks per power point.
3. Regeneration costs 2 power points per rank and it's rank + Toughness may not exceed 2xPL.
4. Every rank of Presence bonus permits you to choose one free feat from the following list:

Animal Empathy
Attractive
Benefit
Connected
Contacts
Daze
Fascinate
Inspire
Leadership
Startle
Taunt
Teamwork

If you have sufficient ranks of Presence, you may apply them all to a listed ranked advantage. Otherwise, any levels of an advantage beyond your allowance must be purchased normally. For example, Tim's Presence rank is 3. He wants to have 5 ranks of Inspire. He may take 3 ranks of Inspire for free, but must use power points to purchase the remaining two ranks. Free advantages/ranks should be notated for easy reference.

Let the games begin!

P.S. Any players from the previous chapter who wish to play a new character in this installment has a guaranteed slot. Except for Hound. :P

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Re: Age of Heroes (Chapter 2 Recruiting)

Postby Coyotzin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:53 am

Hmm... deciding between Pallas.... canny miliita warrior that fights with guile rather than brutality, a tactical fighter with powers that are able to control the flow of combat (terrain and environmental conditions as well as make plans and strategies just happen (some Luck Control involved).

Or Galatea"... more of a bruiser, given that she's a living statue given life accidentally when that damned shard got too close to where her sculptor was working...

Return to “M&M Game Room”