Trinity (IC): Return of the King

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan
Location: BSDigitalQTV Studios, bargain basement of the airwaves!

Trinity (IC): Return of the King

Post by BS Digital Q »

Prologue

The Caucasus Mountains, Chechnya, Russia

It was a dark day. Thick clouds crowded the sky, hiding the sun from the earth, casting everything in a perpetual twilight. A gentle fall of snow lightly blanketed the ground in white, while the wind blew, stirring trees along the bases of the massive mountains. And down below, a hardy truck, formerly of military use, pulled to a stop. Out came four people, heavily cloaked and hooded to protect them from the cold. For three of them, the thick winter clothing was of a neat, Western make, expensive looking and clearly manufactured. For the fourth person, his clothing was older and more ragged looking. This last man got out of the driver’s side, while the others crowded together.

“So this is the place?” asked one of the group, a middle aged man in an English accent. The raggedly dressed man turned. “No, but we are close. This is as far as we can come with the truck. We must walk the rest of the way.”

“I can’t wait to get back to the hotel James. Its freezing out here!” said one of the others, a woman. She held the third person against her body, a child. “Mommy, its cold!” Their guide chuckled.

“This is Russia. Everything’s cold here. What were you expecting, a winter paradise for skiing?”

“Culture,” said James, the family patriarch. “I thought this would be fun, for all of us.”

I’m not enjoying it,” said his wife. The guide chuckled again.

“I cannot guarantee fun here, but I can promise culture aplenty, and history.” He pointed up a path that climbed the mountain. “We go this way.” And so they followed him, climbing the road that steadily sloped upward hundreds of feet. For half an hour they struggled, and the wind. Finally, they reached a small ridge at the base of the even bigger mountain they were climbing. It gave them a breathtaking view of a massive valley, filled with trees. Except, that is, for a large bare hole in the center of the forest.

“Here, look,” the guide said to the family, pointing to the valley below them. Momentarily, the family he’d been tasked with guiding stood in awe of the breathtaking view. “That is amazing,” said James. “What’s with that bare patch there?” asked his wife, pointing.

“Ah, now there’s a story,” said their guide. “You will not find this in any of your history books, not in Russia, not in Britain, not in America. Only through the oral traditions doo the events that happened here remain known.” He sat down, while his charges gathered around him.

“That valley was once a dry and barren wasteland. It was the place where, for the first and only time in history, Crusaders and Cossacks, Ottomans and Persians, united together as a single army to stand against a common enemy.”

“These mountains, you see, were once the home of a powerful but depraved warlord. This man held no allegiance to any but himself, and he fought both Muslims and Christians alike. So terrible was he that he was regarded as the Devil incarnate. And soon he turned the tide against his enemies and began to expand his kingdom. So to stop him, his enemies joined together. It was here that the united armies and the warlord’s forces collided, and the union won, but only thanks to the presence of three men, The Bogatyri: Alyosha Popovich, Ilya Muromets, and Dobrynya Nikitich. They were Russian knights errant, legendarily known for their heroic feats. These three men were at that battle, and they killed the warlord, utterly routing his forces. Few survived, and the dead and wounded were taken and burned.” The guide pointed to the bare patch in the center of the forest.

“Trees have grown here since, but that place will remain forever devoid of life.”

“Did the army burn the warlord there?” asked James. The guide shook his head.

“No. They buried him, here in the mountains. I know of the place, and been there before. It is where I am taking you.” Things had gotten even darker. James looked worried. “I guess we’d better hurry then, before night comes.” The guide smirked, getting up and leading them once more.

(OOC: Theme Music begins here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecHjKTG ... 4EF9E2E307)

Soon, the group of four reached a massive cave entrance. Flanking it were two enormous stone statues of dragons, both in a vaguely Asian style. Above the entrance was a message carved into the rock. “Zilant and Tiamat,” the guide said. “The two most terrible dragons of lore in this country. For the Cossacks, these dragons came to represent the horror of the warlord and his atrocities.”

“What does that say?” asked the family’s child, a young girl.

Guard ye soul well, or Hell will befall ye,” the guide said. “A warning to all who would enter here.”

“Just a superstition,” James said. “This is where the warlord is buried?” The guide nodded. “Follow me.”

The group all produced flashlights and entered. In the dark and quiet confinement, time seemed to slow down, and for a while James wondered if they would ever reach the end. Then they saw a light. The cave tunnel opened up into a massive cavern. At the center of its ceiling, a crack opened to the sky, letting a ray of sunlight fall upon a massive pit of dirt. Circling this pit were hundreds of bones, armor and swords, remnants of an ancient army.

“Here lies his tomb,” the guide said. “You are among the very few who have set foot in this place. Cherish these moments well.”

“This is amazing!” exclaimed James. Both him and his wife produced cameras, taking pictures of everything they saw. After a long journey, the payoff relieved them. Excited, James came around to the guide, who had been standing at the entrance to cavern while his charges had their fun. “I can’t wait to get these photos back to Britain! This is an incredible find!”

“Unfortunately, you will not get that chance,” the guide said, taking off his ragged clothing. This took James by surprise. “What?!”

“Unfortunate for you.” Beneath the heavy ragged winter wear, their guide was a pale, albino man in a black cloak and hood. The shadow of the hood hid most of his face, except for long fangs and beady red eyes. He seized James by the throat, sharp nails puncturing the man’s throat and letting blood flow down. The former guide to the tourists threw James into the pit, unconscious. His wife screamed in horror. “Jaaaaames!!”

She attempted to rush over to their attacker, but suddenly another hooded figure emerged from the shadows, seizing her by the arms. She dropped her child, who fell into the pit. “Mommy!”

More shadowy, hooded figures emerged from the dark, circling the pit. “Who are you people?!” the wife cried angrily. The former guide smirked. “I am afraid I led you on false pretensions. But fear not. Your deaths will serve a greater purpose, and bring glory to the world.” The chamber rumbled, and the dirt of the pit began to sink inwards, dragging James’ body and his child beneath the surface. The wife screamed in horror. “You bastards! You killed them! You killed my husband! I’ll-“ she was cut off as the pale man holding her also threw her into the pit. She immediately began to sink into the dirt, and tried to claw her way out, unsuccessfully. The gathering of hooded men watched stoically as she struggled. Suddenly, a clawed and gauntleted hand burst from the dirt and grabbed her, dragging her down beneath the surface. The hooded men began to chant.

The dirt stopped sinking, and with it the gathered figure stopped their chanting. Then it began to rise, parting to reveal a massive figure, armored in red and silver. A horned helm hid his face except for where glowing red eyes and a mouth full of sharp teeth were, the latter stained with fresh blood. Massive bat-like wings emerged from gaps in the armor, folded against his back. The hooded men bowed before him, chanting once again. He raised his hand, and they were silenced.

“How long have I slept?” he said in a baritone voice, rising into the air with a flap of his wings, settling in front of the man who had betrayed the tourists.

“Far too long, my lord,” spoke the acolyte. “Many centuries. Things have changed, and your people need you now, more than ever.” He reached into his cloak, producing a bronze colored, egg-shaped object as big as a baseball. “We have only just reclaimed this, the egg of your soul.” The armored master took the egg.

“What of my sons, Tugarin and Gorynych? What of my beloved, Tiamat?”

“All fallen or cast out my lord. But the world has changed. The Bogatyri have been dead for many centuries, and this realm has become a powerful empire akin to the Romans, with weapons of great destruction that approach that of the Old World.” The acolytes master grinned beneath his sinister helm.

“These are good tidings, my servant. Without that trinity to oppose me, my work will be much easier.” He alighted on the ground and began to walk in the direction of the cave exit. “My lord,” said the acolyte nervously. “There is a new trinity that protects this world, like the Bogatyri.” His master snarled.

“Is there? Well then, I will just have to crush them beneath my foot, until they are ashes,” he said, emerging into the open air. It was night time now. In the distance, miles away, twinkled the lights of a small town.

“Much work is to be done, and we must rebuild our strength. But first,” he said, revealing his fangs again, “I am still hungry. Tonight, Drakon feasts again.” And with that, he flew into the sky, followed by many, many shadows…

BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan

Re: Trinity (IC): Return of the King

Post by BS Digital Q »

Chapter 1: Angels in America

Los Angeles, Downtown

It was a hot, sweltering afternoon in the city of the angels. Rush hour had just commenced, and already the streets, thoroughfares, and highways were jammed with traffic. Even where there wasn't construction or a grandma driving fifteen below the speed limit, nobody seemed to be able to get anywhere. Those who walked or had bicycles had better luck.

So it was that in downtown, a taxi driver found himself stuck in the middle of one jam. He honked at his horn furiously, but to no avail. “Hey assholes, get a move on!” he shouted. He was greeted by an array of birds. “Yeah, screw you too!” he responded, before slumping in his seat. He tried the radio before angrily shutting it off, disgusted by what passed as popular music these days. There was nothing else to do but sit, wait, and hope that somebody would move within his life time.

That's when the ground shook. Once, then twice. Startled, the taxi driver looked around. He'd been through earthquakes here before. This wasn't an earthquake, and that confused him. Suddenly, a shadow loomed over his car, and he looked up just as massive arms gripped the vehicle and hoisted it into the air. He screamed as he was lifted up in his taxi, before it was thrown hundreds of feet into the air. He screamed all the way, until the spinning yellow cab crashed right through the side of a software company's offices, interrupting a third quarter meeting of old fat white men.

People got out of their cars, some crying out in fear, others running. A massive, heavily muscled figure clad in a gray metallic suit, with massive gauntlets on his arms and a helmet atop his head, stomped through the streets, laughing. His deep bellowing echoed for several blocks all around.

“Ha ha oh yeah, its time for Onslaught!” he shouted in sadistic joy. He ran through the street, tossing away cars right and left, sending them flying in seemingly every direction. Explosions followed in his path, and by now every pedestrian was running away in a panic, giving voice to their terror.

Immediately a police officer pulled up in his cruiser and got out, opening fire with his standard duty handgun. Onslaught paused momentarily as the bullets pinged off of his hide. He gave the officer perplexed looked. “What're you doing? Are you an idiot? Don't you know who I am?” He slammed his foot into the pavement, sending everything around him flying from the shockwave. The hapless officer found himself slammed into a concrete wall, breaking numerous bones in his body. Onslaught stomped over to him. “I'm Onslaught, bitch!”

More police cruisers and a SWAT van came around a corner, headed right for Onslaught. He grinned, and began to lightly job toward them. That jog became a run, and he put his head down, arms spread. Before they knew what was happening, the assembled police forces were tossed aside by Onslaught's charge, and those that weren't were instantly trampled under his feet, or outright disintegrated as he passed through the chassis of the cruisers like paper. Onslaught halted, looking behind himself to gloat over the carnage. Suddenly, an armored car with a mounted battering ram slammed into him from the side, the force crumpling its front end. But he didn't budge. Before the vehicle's drivers could make their escape, Onslaught lifted it up with ease over his head. The few policeman still alive or conscious after his charge watched in horror.

“That all the best you got? Give me a real fight!” Onslaught roared at them. To punctuate his point, he threw the armored car into the sky, aiming at but just missing a news helicopter recording the rampage. Onslaught climbed atop a massive pile of wrecked vehicles and pavement, looking up to the sky.

“Nobody can stop Onslaught!”

(Theme music begins here)

A rumbling answered his challenge. He looked behind him as a massive shadow swept over Onslaught and his handiwork. High above the skyscrapers of downtown LA, the Techcarrier eclipsed the sun, its engines causing the ground below to thunder.

“Oh yeah? Ya think so buddy?” came a taunting voice, as Lightspeed flashed into being in the air above and in front of Onslaught, grinning like a loon. Soon after he was followed by an exotic looking, dark skinned woman in white and green, snake designs decorating her outfit. Following Queen Naga was the stoic Elemental, a composite entity of earth, fire, wind and water. He didn't look to be impressed with Onslaught's destruction. Clad in all black with a red “Z” on his chest, Zenith leapt down from the Techcarrier, easily hitting the ground. Twin blades of liquid metal formed out of his forearms. And then, finally, they came. The Trinity. Earth's three mightiest warriors, the founders and core of the Vigil, modern legends and icons, descended from the Techcarrier, looming above Onslaught while their teammates flanked them. Lightspeed’s glowing grin grew greater.

“You sir, are in deep doo-doo.”
OOC: Everybody post initial introduction posts, and roll initiative. Its go time!

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Eternal

HP:1

Condition: Normal

Arms crossed in front of his muscled chest, the man known in this day and age as Jonah Wilson aka. The Eternal, hovered down in a steady, measured manner, eyes narrowing as he cast his eyes upon Onslaught. Whereas the others defined their identities in part by the costumes they wore, he did the exact opposite. Leaving his upper body bare, in open defiance of any offensive abilities his enemies might possess, he simply wore black pants and shoes, the only further adornments on him being the dark circlet around his temple and the torque-like armbands encircling his upper arms.
" Do you wish for time to explain yourself first, knave, or shall we start with the beating immediately?" he asked sharply.
Initiative 18

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC »

Techardt

Techardt lands on the ground with a solid 'clank' from his armored boots, his descent controlled by the hover rockets in his armor. Sizing up Onslaught, the man being physically quite larger than the armored hero, though it's a detail that doesn't seem to size into his calculations of the outcome of the fight, Tech rolls his shoulders absently, limbering up. "What do you think Eternal? Ten says he doesn't last five minutes."

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Eternal

Smirking, Jonah made a show of assessing their foe's capabilities, eyeing him carefully. " Hmm...more like three, I would say. Doubt anyone here will work up a sweat with this one. Which is a good thing because I do have a date this evening." He turned to the third member of the legendary Trinity. " And your bet, kid?"

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades »

Spellbinder
HP 4

Sibyl's brow furrowed in heavy concentration as she expanded her perceptions outwards, feeling the great flux and shifting of magical energies which flooded the world around her. A vast river, invisible to most, yet connected to all. In her minds eye, she had visited the river many times, walked its shores. She knew its every twist and bend, each edde and rapid. Yet she remained vigilant to any new peterbations, the subtle ripples upon the mystic energies flow. Anomolies were seldom without consequence, all to often forming harbingers of things yet to come. Her senses sharp, the great mystic watched and waited.

"What the devil is that noise?" Sibyl muttered to herself, her ears picking up a faint buzzing. But she managed to banish it away with a bit of concentration, pushing aside the distraction. For another minute or so, all was peaceful. The fly returned though, the buzzing all the more insistent. And this time, Sibyl could do not to rid herself of its irritation. Her concentration waning, the archmage returned her attention to her more immediate surroundings.

Her eyes opening, Sibyl observed her surroundings on the interior of Techcarrier. Her personal quarters were small, made smaller still by the innumerable tomes and books which she had assembled there. A small sampling of her personal library, ones which she loathed to be far from.

Her attention was drawn to the alarm system mounted over the door, now wailing away. In the depths of her meditation, she'd mistaken the alert for a buzzing insect. Not a difficult misunderstanding, since she found both to be equally grating on the nerves. For all its glamour, Sibyl found that the 21st century was such a backwards place. At times she feared she would never come to fully grasp its near addiction to metal and wiring.

But those were thoughts for another time.

A short time later, Sibyl was descending down, alongside her companions. She listens to their jesting. No, that was not the correct word. They termed it Banter. Irregardless, the two had their snicker, while Sibyl surveyed the scene.
Neo-Paladin wrote:" And your bet, kid?"
Sibyl cringed a bit. "I do wish you would refrain from addressing me as a child" she stated, though half heartedly. Sir Gawain, or Jonah as he called himself these days, was perhaps the only still living man who knew Sibyl back when she was indeed a child. And though her youth had matured into womanhood, oft was it that he seemed to still see her as she'd once been. Whatever complaints she had were at this point more a matter of ritual than anything, a practiced back and forth which had been exchanged many a time before and would be repeated many more times hence. "And I would wager that there will be no fight"

Addressing the armored brute, Sibyl looked him over once. "Tell me friend, what would you hope to gain here? There is no fortune to be had in your rampage, so it is clear you do not seek wealth. Whatever your intention, you are routed. Be calm, and we may settle your quarrel peacefully" The spellcaster descended down to ground level, landing a scant few paces away from Onslaught. "What say you?"

Persuasion (1d20+20=33)

Initiative (1d20+7=20)

Persuasion check to calm Onslaught down and make him see reason.

Setting my eldritch bolt to attack Onslaught If He attacks, launching a blast of magical force up from the ground below him.

Extend an olive branch with one hand, but be ready with a sword.

BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan

Post by BS Digital Q »

Okay, rolling for the other Vigil members...

Queen Naga: Initiative (1d20+4=8)
Lightspeed: Initiative (1d20+40=57)
The Elemental: Initiative (1d20+6=9)
Zenith: Initiative (1d20+15=25)

GM fiat to put Onslaught at the front of Initiative. Everyone give yourselves an extra Hero Point.

So Initiative order is...
Onslaught- GM Fiat
Lightspeed 57
Techardt 27
Zenith 25
Spellbinder 20
The Eternal 18
The Elemental 9
Queen Naga 8

BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan

Post by BS Digital Q »

Onslaught
Nineofspades wrote:Spellbinder
"Tell me friend, what would you hope to gain here? There is no fortune to be had in your rampage, so it is clear you do not seek wealth. Whatever your intention, you are routed. Be calm, and we may settle your quarrel peacefully" The spellcaster descended down to ground level, landing a scant few paces away from Onslaught. "What say you?"
"F**K you b**h!"

Onslaught raised both of his massived, gauntleted arms into the air and brought them down on the ground with a force so great it repelled the air around him, sending a powerful wall of air and massive chunks of the environment directly at the assembled heroes.
Everyone make a Dodge check. Success on 1 or 2 degrees halves the effects, 3rd degree is no damage/affliction/movement.

If you don't get a 3rd degree success, you must roll:
1) A Dodge against a DC 22 affliction (DC 16 on successful rolls lower than 3 degrees). If you fail, it can be overcome by a Fortitude check on your turn this round.
2) A Toughness check against DC 27 damage (DC 21 on successful rolls lower than 3 degrees).
3) A Strength check or a movement effect against a DC 22 Move Object effect to resist being moved (DC 16 if successful, you know the drill by now). The distance you are moved is the difference between your check result and the DC.

I'll post for Lightspeed after I get the rolls, then its Techardt's turn.
Last edited by BS Digital Q on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Eternal

" Was that all?" Jonah asked, the attack washing over him without any ill effect. " Grendel's mother hit harder than that!"

Eternal's Dodge: 28
Toughness: 24 is enough to withstand the damage
Strength: 34

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC »

Techardt
HP: 1 (Gained 1, and used it right away)

Techardt braces for the impact and manages to mitigate the damage and keep his footing, though he gets thrown back quite a ways, coming to a skidding stop some hundred and twenty feet back looking no worse for wear.

"Well, I guess Sibyl lost that wager. I'll crack that shell of his." The techno-warrior states, engaging the V-Energy drivers in his gauntlets, manifesting an overlay of blue-ish white energy over his fists.
Dodge VS Area (1d20+13=21) VS DC22 Failed by 1

Dodge VS Area(Reroll) (1d20+13=25) vs DC22 Passed by 3

Dodge VS Affliction (1d20+13=29) vs DC16 Passed by 13

Toughness VS Damage (1d20+13=24) vs DC21 Passed by 3

Strength VS Move Object (1d20+8=11) vs DC16 Failed by 5, difference modified by mass (Tech is 400lbs apprx in his armor, so rank 3) final result is being pushed back distance rank 2 (120ft)

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades »

Spellbinder
HP 4-1
Dodge Vs Area DC 22 (1d20+12=18)

Boo

Reroll Dodge Vs Area DC 22 (1d20+12=29)

Success by 7

Dodge vs Affliction DC 16 (1d20+12=24)

Success by 8

Toughness Vs Damage DC 21 (1d20+14=30)

Success by 9

Dont have much strength so I'll take my flight movement instead.

Flight VS Move Object DC 16 (1d20+4=11)

Failed by 5, Knockback 900ft. Phoey
Sibyls enchantments were strong, far stronger than the raw physical force being exerted on them, and was able to repel away any harm she might have otherwise sustained. But the pure shockwave was more than she could account for, especially being at ground zero, and the Mistress of magic was sent tumbling head over heels through the air, winding up more than a half dozen blocks from the battlefield proper, though otherwise no worse for wear.

BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan

Post by BS Digital Q »

Alright, rolling for everybody else.

For the area effect:
Queen Naga:
Dodge Check vs DC22 Area Effect (1d20+14=27)
Lightspeed: Dodge Check vs Area Effect (1d20+18=31)
Zenith: Dodge Check vs Area Effect (1d20+15=31)
The Elemental: Dodge Check vs Area Effect (1d20+10=22)

Everybody succeeded by 1 or 2 degrees, though Lightspeed and Zenith came within 1 of 3 degrees.

Rolls for Queen Naga:
Affliction: Dodge Check vs DC16 Affliction (1d20+14=32)
Damage: Because she halved the Damage bonus, it is now less than half her ranks of Impervious Toughness, so she receives no damage.
Move Object: Strength vs Move Object DC16 (1d20+12=25)

Lightspeed is Insubstantial 3, and without a proper energy descriptor, Onslaught's attack does not affect him.

Zenith:
Affliction: Dodge Check vs DC16 Affliction (1d20+15=19)
Damage: Toughness Check vs DC18* Damage (1d20+9=12) Zenith incurs a -1 toughness penalty and is dazed.
Move Object: Acrobatics check vs Move Object DC16 (1d20+12=21)
*Zenith, like Queen Naga, has Impervious higher than the halved damage effect, but not over twice like she does. So with his impervious, it gets reduced by half again. Not that it helped him here.

The Elemental:
Affliction: Dodge Check vs DC16 Affliction (1d20+10=16)
Damage: Toughness check vs DC21 damage (1d20+5=23)
Move Object:Strength check vs DC16 Move Object (1d20+5=11)
Reroll w/HP: Reroll vs Move Object (1d20+5=16)
The assembled heroes braced against Onslaught's attack. Queen Naga dug in, wondering if she would need to summon her serpents to assist her. But she didn't have to, her strength and body's durability enough to withstand the wall of air and debris thrown at her.

"Woah nelly!" Lightspeed quipped, disappearing in a flash of light, just barely avoiding the attack. What did hit him as he rematerialized failed to affect his body of coherent but hardly solid light. "Sibyl, what do you do to piss him off like that?"

Zenith's muscles tensed, and as the attack hit he flipped and tumbled through it, his agility gracefully allowing him to avoid being thrown about. But it wasn't enough, as several chunks of uprooted concrete smashed into him. He managed to avoid getting knocked down, but had to pause to rest. He lifted his hand up, wiping blood off of his lips.

The Elemental seemed to suffer the most, just barely managing to root himself to the ground, like a tree battered by a hurricane. But as the effect passed, he remained standing, unharmed.

"Status," Zenith asked, a million scenarios rushing through his brain as to how he and his teammates might take down Onslaught. Even with their numbers and collective power, he sensed that Onslaught was as tough and strong as even their best members. "We have to do this right, come up with a plan," he said. "Techardt, Eternal, Spellbinder, what are your thoughts?"

BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan

Post by BS Digital Q »

Lightspeed

Onslaught rose up from his position after slamming his gauntlets into the ground. He growled.

"Well, you guys yack it over, I'll keep the big guy occupied," Lightspeed said. He disappeared again, becoming a beam of light energy aimed straight at Onslaught. The massive villain had no time to process what was happening as Lightspeed penetrated right through him at the speed of light, then instantly rematerialized in the air above them. The whole event took less than a second to happen. But Onslaught remained standing, more confused than hurt by the attack.

"Geeze!" Lightspeed said. "He didn't even feel that!"
Lightspeed activates his energy aura and goes for a close range attack on Onslaught. The descriptor is a high-frequency electromagnetic wavelength, like X-rays or Gamma rays.

He easily makes the attack.
Attack check (1d20+12=30) The DC is 27. This is more than half of Onslaught's ranks of Impervious, but is still below that number, so it is reduced to DC21. However, Onslaught's toughness bonus is high enough that he automatically saves without even having to roll.

Techardt's turn now.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC »

Techardt
HP: 1

Techardt dusts himself off and leaps back towards the action with some help from his boost jets. "Well, it is our job to see such troubled individuals off the streets.... how about I start off by giving him a hand!"

The techno-warrior comes in low under Onslaught, not difficult considering the latter's sheer size and drives a fist up under the villain's jaw, looking to launch him skyward, figuring that might prevent any more of those shockwave attacks, plus, it would give the big guy a taste of his own medicine.
V-Impact: Strength-Based Damage 5, Linked to Move Object 12, Close Range, Limited to Flinging Targets Away
V-Impact (1d20+13=24)

If that's a hit, it's DC28 vs Toughness, and he gets to make a Strength check vs DC22 to avoid getting launched straight up.

BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan

Post by BS Digital Q »

The V-Impact collided with Onslaught's chin, the brute simply not fast enough to anticipate or even move to avoid Techardt's attack. Another shockwave sent tremors through the ground as Onslaught absorbed the full brunt of it, dust briefly obscuring the pair of them before it cleared. Onslaught remained standing, not even budged by the attack. He grinned.

"That tha' best you got?"
Okay, that hits, But with his Impervious, Onslaught reduces that attack down to a DC21, which is actually less than his toughness bonus (courtesy of a ridiculously extreme tradeoff), so he automatically succeeds without rolling.

As for the Move Object, again, he auto-succeeds, due to having Enhanced Strength against movement effects, which combined with his Strength bonus puts him above the DC for that effect.

An HP awarded to Techardt for this trouble.