A Whole Family of Supers (IC: Back Home)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: A Whole Family of Supers (IC: Cruise Control)

Post by flynnarrel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Dr. Phineas

"I... I don't know. My father might still have connections too. I know he hasn't been active since mother..."
he stops himself before recalling the time when his mother didn't come home from the adventuring life.

"But I'm not sure Kit will be keen on being someone's sidekick."
He stops to think a moment.

"I could maybe build *him* a robotic sidekick." the technicain hero offers.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Lisa (Alpha) & O'Malley (Omega)
Condition: Normal HP: 1

Lisa reaches over and squeezes Phineas' hand at the mention of his mother. O'Malley moved to his side of the table, leaning up against him and dropping his head into the man's lap.

Because cuddly dogs make everything better, O'Malley assured Lisa.

"Then we say we found him somebody to partner up with. And if he doesn't like it we can tell him plan b is that he's Alpha's sidekick for the next year," Lisa grins slightly, "Something tells me he'll be happy about having a 'partner'."

Hey, I'm your sidekick, O'Malley huffed, He can't also be your sidekick.

"Apparently I've hurt O'Malley's feelings," Lisa said as an aside to Phineas before asking, "Okay, if you're my sidekick than he'd be..."

My sidekick! O'Malley's tail banged against Phineas' chair loudly.

Lisa did her best not to laugh, "He'll never agree to that."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:55 pm

Dr. Phineas

"Lisa, would you really take up the mantle again?" Phineas asks incredulous.

"I guess, in order to train them both we... both could return to duty.... I guess."

"You're right, we should put out a call to our friends. You know that would mean we tell them of our connection to Gravity Boy and they may even figure out the family bond too. It's a risk."

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Post by whiteprofit » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Kit Andersen
HP: 1
Shock wrote:Kit

"Too late." Jonas grumbled. "It's bad enough she's gotta be in my math class." From across the car, you hear a thump as Sam punches him in the arm. "Maybe if you had passed it last year, you wouldn't be in the class again."

Looking in the car, you see that there's room for the two of you in the back but you'll have to choose between sitting in the middle yourself or squeezing your little sister between you and Michael Fleming, one of the better looking seniors in the school.
Kit held the door for his sister, putting her in the middle. He slid into the car beside her and shut the door, complaining that Jonas needed to move his seat up. "What do you need that much room for? You're the shortest person I know allowed in the High School." Kit took up the familiar joke with his pal who wasn't abnormally small, but rather was just the smallest of their group. He was just the same height as Sam, but that wasn't something to be proud of as she stood at 5'7" and a quarter without shoes and she was, of course, a she.

"Okay, no fast-food and no deli, which means the only thing we have time for is..." He held the answer long enough to build suspense, "Tony's!" He ignored any groans and offered to call ahead. The bagel shop was Kit's favorite breakfast place and he picked it every time he got a choice. The menu was limited to breakfast and lunch sandwiches, a selection of doughnuts, and a coffee shop that rivaled larger chains. The food wasn't anything to write home about, but Kit liked the atmosphere and being in a place where the staff knew them by name and order. It was like a small piece of being Gravity Boy without wearing the mask or having to stop anyone from destroying the world.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:18 pm

"Sweetie? My coming out of retirement was supposed to be a threat that got him to do what we wanted, not the solution," She says with a little smile.

"But if I had to..." She picks up a fork and moves her breakfast around the plate, "I've kept my hand in during disasters, Alpha showing up is rare but not unheard of. And I've been keeping up with Master Lee's classes, and I'm still in good enough shape. I could do it."

"I think."

"I mean... I don't really want to go charging back out there to do it, but,"
She looked up a Phineas, "We started doing this to help people. We stopped to keep our family safe. Why wouldn't we start again, for a little while, help our own son?"

She sighs, "But you have a point, he probably doesn't want to go around with Mom and Dad. Look they know we're still out here, all we really have to tell them is that we think.."

She pauses, "Gravity Boy? He's going to hate that name in about two years from now."

O'Mally makes a chuffing noise and does his biggest "smile" to indicate he's laughing.

"Where was I? Right, we say we think this kid's trying to good, just needs somebody to share some experience with him so he doesn't have to go through what we had to."

She gives Phineas a smile, "It might work... as long as we don't hook him up with one of those crazy detective types."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Dr. Phineas

"Lisa, you're in GREAT shape." Phineas emphasizes.

"Maybe after this vacation we'll look for suitable mentor/partner." He assures his wife.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Crazyivan777 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:35 am

Jemma squeezed in next to Michael, and gave him a little smile, then immediately felt self-conscious about it and stared straight ahead.

When her brother's suggestion brought on the groans, she suggested, "Could be worse. Could be cafeteria food."

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Lisa sighs, "Yes. At least we won't have to worry about him getting himself into trouble while we're on the cruise."

She starts clearing the table, "I have to run. Busy day getting everything sorted before we go. I'll see you after work, dear."

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 am

Lisa and Phineas

It's at this point that Lisa's phone buzzes. It's a text from the office. "Don't forget, it's your turn to bring bagels." Friday is bagel day at the vet clinic and it's your week to buy.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 am

Kit and Jemma

"Mornin' Little Sis." Michael flashed a bright, white smile. Kit's breakfast choice didn't seem to dampen his mood, but then nothing ever did.

Jonas' look wasn't as happy. He pulled the seat up a notch but then dropped the back onto Kit's knees. "Oops."

Sam, meanwhile just gave the Andersen siblings a friendly wave and got the car moving. She was the stabilizing element of the group. A few minutes later and you're at Tony's and ordering breakfast.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 am

Dr. Phineas

"Have a good day, Dear." he says with a reassuring smile.

He turns to take the suitcases upstairs.

Must remember toothpaste. he reminds.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Crazyivan777 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Jemma
Condition: Sisterly concern

Waiting in line to order at Tony's, Jemma took out her pad and started tapping away. While still looking at the screen, she addressed her brother.

"Tots and burgers in the cafeteria for lunch. Given what you had before we left, and what it looks like you're going to order here, I'd give it a 73.2% chance you'll get pizza for lunch. Make sure you stay away from the peperoni, as the high phosphate content will knock your focus down by .03% right when you're taking the geometry test."

Yes, full voice. Yes, odd looks. Yes, she didn't seem to notice.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Lisa slips behind Phineas as he turns to leave, and hugs him from behind, "I love you."

She then slips away to the door, "And don't forget to check your phone, you missed a call."

She slipped outside and popped open the back gate so O'Malley could have the run of the yard before she left.

I can't believe I'm missing out on bagle day.

You know taking you to the vets office isn't a good idea. To easy for you to pick up something. Besides, you're too big, there's no room for you to move around there.

Yeah, but bagles!

Ugh, I don't even like bagles.

Not even ones with bacon?

They don't make bacon bagles.

What!? Bagles are horrible!

Lisa chuckled as she climbed into her car and started to drive off to the bagle place. Maybe she could get herself a muffin, she had done a big run today...

She glanced down at the gas gauge. Still at full. It'd been that way for almost four years now. Eventually she was going to have to ask her husband what, exactly, it was that this car was running on. Still, based on it's fuel consumption, she felt confident that she'd only really need to ask in another fourty years.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Dr. Phineas

He thanks his wife, reciprocates her affections and waits until he leaves before mentally accessing his phone's voicemail and playing the recording.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:52 am

Lisa

Pulling into Tony's parking lot, you see your kids getting into the back of a green car, which you recognize as belonging to Kit's friend Samantha. They're cutting it being pretty close to being late for school.

Kit and Jemma
On your way out, you see your mom's car pulling in.