World of Shadows: FORCE Ops/Freedom League Crossover: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Shadows: FORCE Ops/Freedom League Crossover: OO

Post by kenseido » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 pm

I am definitely interested.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:15 am

Sure :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:56 am

Sounds like fun, but I probably won't have time to participate. I'm kinda over extended as it is.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Spectrum wrote:Sounds like an interesting idea and starting to get the juices going. Where would you want us to post the sheets?

I'd say it'd probably be easiest to just post them in the OOC threads (I say threads because I'm offering this to the people playing in the Albright game as well), so everyone who are participating might want to check out that OOC thread too.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Right now, I need to stick with remembering to post. :cry:
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:41 pm

But yes, I would be interested. :)

The good news is that I count 5, so we could get two more interested without worrying about anyone not getting to contribute a character.
Impeach the peach!

Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Kaisius » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Sure, I'll take a crack at it.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:52 pm

I'd take a crack at it but I expect several people will beat me to it

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Im working on it should have something soon.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Dennis Waters

Joe Francis, founder of Girls Gone Wild

Dennis Waters was from the beginning a sleazy pervert, or in his own words, developed a fine appreciation for the female figure from an early age. He wasn’t too picky about it either and he became well known as a peeping tom at his school, in his neighborhood and even within his family. While many boys either grow out of that phase or at least to control it, David has turned it into a career. He has progressed through jobs such as tabloid photographer and private investigation (specializing in infidelity cases), he found his focus in life doing ‘documentaries’ and ‘real life television’. What that often meant is that he would hire a small crew to man video cameras and head out to a popular party place, looking for cute young things (usually drunk), encourage exhibitionist tendencies, get them to sign waivers and start filming. Sometimes, Dennis has come up with more creative scenes. His greatest accomplishment is a upskirt video of Lady Liberty during her very short miniskirt phase. She still hasn’t forgiven him.

One such scene was life altering. He was determined to push the boundaries even further than a certain net meme. He had the girls signed up and was just looking for a prop. Going through the stuff at a rummage sell, he came across it- the goblet. It was perfect for the shoot that he had planned. That night, he had an even wilder dream than usual. It was of a naked Grecian guy.. or was it a chick? in any case hot (!) that grinned at him and told him just how they were going to keep the party going.

Since then, Dennis has kept the party (and the video shoots) going, pushing the boundaries of decency while staying within the letter of the law. Various groups keep trying to shut him down. Anonymously, he’s been giving several charities (primarily dealing with child abuse) money. He’s not a bad guy per se, just a perverted sleazebag.

Campaign use: Dennis Waters has three main campaign uses. The first is that like Professor Marko Worth, while he’s a despicable human being, he’s always keeps things technically legal and he continues to have the same legal rights as everyone else. The second use is put a complication in a heroine/villainess’ storyline- what is she willing to do in order if her indiscretions are caught on tape? Will the PCs step in to protect him? Or will they watch as someone takes blood revenge? Finally, what happens to the good works that he funds if he’s shut down? Can the heroes find a way to keep those good causes going without him?

Complications:
Chosen as Dionysus’ Goblet Bearer: Before being chosen, Dennis led a life of partying and womanizing. Now that he’s gotten his powers Dennis’ life hasn’t changed much.

Minion of Dionysus: As Dionysus’ chosen, Dennis can be called upon at anytime by his patron no matter where he might be and he has to as Dionysus asks of him. So far, they keep competing on making the biggest scores.

Reasons of the Gods: Dennis knows that there is a reason why Dionysus chose him to be his scion, he jut hasn’t been able to get the God to share it yet.

Enemy: Various 'exploited' women and boyfriends, parents, womens’ groups, religious types, law enforcement types really want his campaign of lewd behavior to end. So far, he hasn’t been found legally guilty.

Pervert: If he thinks that he has a decent chance at getting a good look at a hot babe- he’ll take it, and often video tape it.

Jerk with a heart of gold: There’s a nice side of the jerk somewhere deep deep inside that worries about his legacy.

Dennis Waters - PL 12

Strength 0, Stamina 12, Agility 0, Dexterity 5, Fighting 0, Intellect 5, Awareness 12, Presence 6

Advantages
Attractive 2, Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Benefit: Good Team of Lawyers, Connected, Daze (Deception), Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Deception), Fascinate (Persuasion), Favored Foe: Young Adults, Great Endurance, Improvised Weapon 12, Luck 6, Speed of Thought, Taunt

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 12 (+12), Deception 6 (+22/+12), Expertise (PRE): Carousing 9 (+15), Expertise: Business 10 (+15), Expertise: Film making 10 (+15), Expertise: Law 2 (+7), Insight 3 (+15), Investigation 5 (+10), Perception 3 (+15), Persuasion 5 (+22/+11), Technology 5 (+10)

Powers

Don't Stop: Immunity 25 (Common Descriptor: 'Party favors', Fatigue Effects, Life Support)

Keep the Party Going: Create 6 (Volume: 60 cft., DC 16; Innate, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - 'party favors'/ merch; Permanent)

Life of the Party
. . Maenad swarm: Summon 12 (Controlled, Custom 3: Multiple minion (per TM), Heroic, Horde, Mental Link; Limited: Available subjects, Limited: Party people)
. . Pigs to Swine: Burst Area Affliction 12 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, Selective, Variable Descriptor: close group - Animal Forms)
. . Things are Getting Hot: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 12 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Burst Area 3: 120 feet radius sphere, Cumulative; Limited: Young Adults)

Peeping Tom: Senses 8 (Extended: Vision 2: x100, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Rapid: Choose Sense 1)

The Host With the Mostest: Enhanced Trait 7 (Traits: Persuasion +11 (+22), Deception +10 (+22); Limited: Young Adults)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Pigs to Swine: Burst Area Affliction 12 (DC Fort 22)
Things are Getting Hot: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 12 (DC Will 22)
Throw, +5 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 15)

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 0, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 80 + Powers 106 + Advantages 33 + Skills 24 (70 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 255
Last edited by Spectrum on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Calling Hermes then. :)
Impeach the peach!

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Hate to tell you EO but kirinke, over in my Albright game, already did a build of Hermes.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Fine, is Hades not taken?
Impeach the peach!

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:41 pm

nobody has called him specifically so I'd say he's all yours.

-- Chiun

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:02 pm

I was really hoping for Hephaestus- I suspected that I wouldn't get much competition for Dionysus.

I've added the recruitment list to Tman's build list.