Crinoverse:Young Avengers (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse:Young Avengers (OOC)

Postby Crinos » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:47 am

Anyways, so, I just looked up Chejop Kejak in the Siderals book, and I thought to myself, "Hey, you know what might be fun? If we made him the Creation version of Mel Grimson's abusive douchebag of a father."

So yeah, any objections to this?

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:51 am

I dunno, part of the fun of kejak is that back home, he's not exactly wrong, but immeasurably pig-headed about his way being the right one and woefully, hilariously ill-prepared to truly deal with the storms dropped in his lap. like a slightly more paranoid CMU nick fury
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 am

I'm not really seeing him as a guy who would team up with the Mask of Winters. Not without an enormously good reason. He's a dick, yes. But he does what he does for what he feels is the greater good of keeping Creation existing. Which the Mask of Winters is kinda antithetical too.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 am

Crinos wrote:Anyways, so, I just looked up Chejop Kejak in the Siderals book, and I thought to myself, "Hey, you know what might be fun? If we made him the Creation version of Mel Grimson's abusive douchebag of a father."

So yeah, any objections to this?

Yeah, he doesn't fit the character. There was a reason I've played up the parallels between Mel/Loki, and Matthew Grimson/Wotan. Of course, the idea itself is an awesome one. Kejak just isn't the guy for it.
Impeach the peach!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:05 am

now, if it were say, Leo Barnett, but that would just rehash the hades/F&FL alliance from the previous campaign

the only thing I can see Kejak making this play is the vain hope that like The Lion, the Mask of Winters Abandons creation o become Earth-409's problem

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Avengers Academy (OOC)

Postby Yeoman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:05 am

Gave her equipment and a couple of skilsl.

Theme: Everything is Awesome!!!
Atom Lass II
PL 9

Strength -5, Stamina 3, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Attack, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Inventor, Languages 1, Luck 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Redirect, Set-up 2, Skill Mastery: Technology, Taunt, Ultimate Effort: Technology

Skills
Deception 17 (+17), Expertise: Science 3 (+8), Perception 3 (+7), Technology 8 (+13), Treatment 1 (+6)

Powers
Device (Removable)
Force Field Belt: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
Rocket Pack: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Space Goggles: Senses 10 (Analytical (Type): Sight, Darkvision, Extended: Sight 2: x100, Penetrates Concealment: Sight)
Device (Easily Removable)
Blaster: Blast 10 (DC 25; Accurate: +2, Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Precise)
Autofire: Blast 6 (Alternate; DC 21; Accurate 3: +6, Multiattack)
Flash Ray: Dazzle 10 (Alternate; Affects Sense: Sight, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Accurate: +2)
Stun: Cumulative Sleep 6 (Alternate; DC 16; Accurate 3: +6, Cumulative)
Temporal Stasis Ray: Snare 6 (Alternate; DC 16; Accurate 3: +6)
Wide Dispersal: Cone Area Blast 9 (Alternate; DC 24; Cone Area: 60 feet cone; Reduced Range: close)
Shrinking: Shrinking 20 (-5 STR, -10 Intimidate, +20 Stealth, +10 active defenses, -5 size categories, -2 speed ranks; Atomic Size)
Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 20 (Alternate; Traits: Dodge +10 (+22), Parry +10 (+22))

Equipment
Shrunken Equipment 1

Offense
Initiative +8
Autofire: Blast 6, +12 (DC 21)
Blaster: Blast 10, +8 (DC 25)
Flash Ray: Dazzle 10, +8 (DC Fort 20)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 5)
Stun: Cumulative Sleep 6, +12 (DC Fort 16)
Temporal Stasis Ray: Snare 6, +12 (DC Dog 16)
Throw, +6 (DC 10)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 10)
Wide Dispersal: Cone Area Blast 9 (DC 24)

Complications
Fish Out of Water: Dina is new to Earth, and has little understanding of culture or idioms.
Motivation: Thrill Seeker: Dina decided to come to Earth and be a costumed Adventurer becasue it sounded like fun.

Languages
English, Interlac

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 9, Toughness 6, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 76 + Advantages 23 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 154

Dina Digby is the younger sister of the Bay City Sentinel founding member Randa Digby, the first Atom Lass. When her sister returned home after having been marooned on Earth for months, Dina fell in love with the idea of being a costumed adventurer.

Taking some of her sisters equipment, Dina snuck on-board one of the Interstellar Nursery Society Ships heading to Earth. As soon as she landed she headed to Bay City to join the Sentinels, only to find the team had disbanded. She was, however, found by the only member still living there, Stargirl, who took her to Afterthought, hoping she'd be able to contact the girl's sister, which she did.

However, with the Lor still largely in disarray following Darkseid's attacks, it would take at least several months for anyone to get there, and so Dina was left in the Academy's care in the mean time.
[/quote][/quote]

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 am

Kreuzritter wrote:now, if it were say, Leo Barnett, but that would just rehash the hades/F&FL alliance from the previous campaign

the only thing I can see Kejak making this play is the vain hope that like The Lion, the Mask of Winters Abandons creation o become Earth-409's problem

That or he recognizes what the Avengers represent and are hoping they'll take care of him for him.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 am

Yeoman wrote:I'm not really seeing him as a guy who would team up with the Mask of Winters. Not without an enormously good reason. He's a dick, yes. But he does what he does for what he feels is the greater good of keeping Creation existing. Which the Mask of Winters is kinda antithetical too.

Do remember that he's pretty much bent on trying to keep Xiao away from Creation. So if he distracts the Mask to go after Xiao on 409, two birds with one stone - Xiao is attacked, the Mask is focused elsewhere.
Impeach the peach!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 am

Okay, so I'll drop that. That's why I asked before actually implementing that.

Anyways, I mainly wanted a way to get Abyssals to 409 to fight you guys in the future.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:31 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:Yeah, he doesn't fit the character. There was a reason I've played up the parallels between Mel/Loki, and Matthew Grimson/Wotan. Of course, the idea itself is an awesome one. Kejak just isn't the guy for it.

Just a reminder. :D
Impeach the peach!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:33 am

Oh I know, I really should throw some Asgardian foes at you guys at some point.

Hmm, actually that is a good idea, since I want to expand the membership of the Bastards of evil for the next adventure, but we can worry on that momentarily.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:16 am

So is the Scarlet Centurion Kang or Kang's son or both?

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:18 am

neither. I just named him that to go with the Squadron Supreme as the Empress' top stooges

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:49 am

Changed SK's look again and gave her possible psychic powers for the hell of it. They're probably magical in nature rather than psionic.
Insekt
Theme: Never Had A Friend Like Me

Insekt is a genie. Or she says she is. She's attached to a lamp and treats the possessor as her master. But she doesn't live in it: she gets transported to wherever it is from wherever she is. And she always addresses her master a "My Queen". And looks like a Changeling. Maybe she's a Changeling who got turned into a genie. Who knows?

Complications
Motivation -- Serve My Queen: Insekt views whoever holds the lamp as her "queen" and follows their dictates accordingly.
Power Quirk (Comprehend) -- "Let's get naked and sacrifice a small goat.": It's a universal phrase book, sometimes it doesn't have the specific sentence in it and Insekt has to cobble together her own. Hilarity Ensues.
Power Quirk (Morph) -- "Sure is an ugly rabbit.": Insekt's shapechanging always leaves at least a bit of "tell" to her true form (similar coloration or similar facial features etc), meaning the Genre Savvy have an easier time spotting her.

PL 9/154 pp

Abilities
Str 0 [50 lb]; Sta 0; Agl 3; Dex 4; Fgt 0; Int 0; Awe 0; Pre 4

Advantages 41
Daze 2 (Deception, Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Taunt, Interpose, Luck, Ranged Attack 5, Second Chance (being crushed by falling objects), Set-Up, Sidekick 23, Takedown 2, Taunt

Skills
Deception 5 (+9)
Expertise: Perform 4 (+8, Cha-based)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Persuasion 5 (+9)

Powers 19 + 1 + 38 + 6 = 64
Made of Sterner Stuff: Protection 10, Enhanced Save (Fortitude +9)
Strange Magic:
--Tiny Wings: Flight 1 (Limited [Speed rank 0])
--Spells: Array 13 (Dynamic, DAE 5, AE 1)
----E1: Morph 4, Enhanced Advantages (Attractive 2)
----E2: Illusion 8 [visual] <Linked> Illusion 10 [auditory]
----E3: Blast 9 (Variable 2 [any environmental or mundane object], Affects Insubstantial [full effect ranks 1 and 2 only], Indirect 4 [any point in any direction])
----E4: Teleport 7 (Extended, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 4) [0.5 miles >ex> 30 miles, 800 lb]
----E5: Create 5 (Continuous, Moveable, Subtle) [30 cbft, +5 Tgh]
----E6: Variable 4 (Limited to Selective Environment effects)
----E7: Crystalis Vomit: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered + Vulnerable, Defenseless + Immobilized)(Extra Condition, Limited Degree)
Universal Phrase Book: Comprehend 3 (understand, speak, read all languages)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed, close +0 -- damage 15 Tgh
Blast, ranged +9 (Indirect 4) -- damage 24 Tgh (Affects Insubstantial rank 1 and 2 only full effect)
Create (trap), ranged +9 -- 15 Dodge vs trapped (15 Tgh)
Create (drop), area 15 Dodge -- damage 20 Tgh
Crystalis Vomit, ranged +9 -- affliction 18 Dodge vs Hindered + Vulnerable, Defenseless + Immobilized (Overcome by DC 18 damage)

Defense
Dodge +8
Parry +8
Fortitude +9 / 0
Toughness +10 / 0
Will +5

Abilities 22 + Advantages 41 + Skills 9 + Powers 64 + Defenses 18 = 152 pp, 2

:arrow: EDIT 1: Increased Array points (added extra Illusion [visual], Indirect +2, and Increased Mass 2). Bought Interpose.
:arrow: EDIT 2: Bought Improved Feint/Taunt, Set-Up, Takedown rank 2.
:arrow: EDIT 3: Increased SK’s rank to 22.
:arrow: EDIT 4: Added Create and Variable (Environment only), upped Deception and Persuasion by 1.
:arrow: EDIT 5: +2 Dex. +2 Spells array. +1 Dodge and Parry. -1 Fort, +1 Will.
:arrow: EDIT 6: +1 Dodge, +1 Parry.
:arrow: EDIT 7: Upped Sidekick by 1, added Crystalis Vomit.

Skeleton Key
Theme: None
Some time ago a bunch of Sealed Evils in a Can started corresponding through their minions. They all decided they were tired of always waiting for "the stars to be right" or whatever to try and get out and decided to cheat by creating a key that would work in all their "locks": a skeleton key. To do this they had to make her mostly of random chaos. To ensure she'd be a loyal tool they had her raised by whatever Evils weren't sealed so they'd instill their values in her.
She only turned because she fell in with the wrong crowd.
Specifically a god from the Hazardverse (i.e. where Chris is from) who's area of coverage was the necessity of change in balance. He pointed out that if she was an avatar of freedom then she should get to live her own life free from anyone trying to tell her what to do.
Skeleton Key took the advice and skipped town on her guardians with the help of a conveniently found collar that turned out to be a dimensional transporter.
Insert a whole bunch of years of multiversal and time-travel hijinks that make her hunted by both people who hate her and people who love her.
Then one day the collar malfunctioned. See, Skeleton Key has almost no idea how to make it go where she wants, other than one button, the "Go Home" button, that always sends her back to the Hazardverse. The Hazardverse is not terribly well-known, so it's a good place to hide. Without that safe-haven she'd have to stay constantly on the run. Instead she's opted to come to Earth-409 and spin a cover-story that will get her protection long enough to figure out how to fix the "Go Home" button.
Recently damage to the collar caused a feedback in SK that messed with SK’s memory and trapped her in the form of a weird kitty. On the plus side it’s done wonders for her personality.

Complications:
Motivation -- Freedom: Mostly for herself: Skeleton Key just wants to do whatever she wants. But she's a nice person so she helps out oppressed people whenever she runs across them (not to mention it's fun foiling dictators).
Hunted -- The Foiled: Whenever one helps the oppressed (whether it be downtrodden peasants or star-crossed lovers) you invariably incur the wrath of people who wanted things to go another way.
Hunted -- For Love: Of course if you're a dashing adventurer you woo people (by intent or accident), there are always those who won't forgive you for it, whether it be because they didn't approve or because they wouldn't take "You're a psycho-b!tch with a living doll fetish" for an answer.
Power Quirk -- Unexpected Performance Issues: Skeleton Key's miraculous thievery skills sometimes fail or cause something even worse to happen with no warning. Often in such a way like it seems the universe is doing it just for giggles.

PL 7/115 pp

Abilities 12
Str 0; Sta 1; Agl 0; Dex 0; Fgt 0; Int 2; Awe 1; Pre 2

Skills 9
Deception 10 (+12, +14 Cute)
Perception 6 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+6, +8 Cute)

Advantages 16
Beginner’s Luck, Close Attack 4, Daze (Deception), Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Taunt, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Taunt

Powers 4 + 5 + 15 + 4 + 21 + 12 = 61
Weird Kitty: Small Feature 2 [size rank -4 = 1 foot; mass rank -2 = 12 lb]; Prehensile Tail Extra Limbs 1; Cute Feature 1 [+2 Deception/Persuasion against people who find her adorable]
Psychic Powers?: Move Object 1 [100 lb]; Flight 1 (Limited [Speed rank 0]); Senses 2 (Ranged Detect Mind Control)
Miraculous Breakout: Variable 2 (Subtle)
Universal Instructions: Comprehend 2 (understand and read all languages)
No One Could Survive That: Enhanced Defense 15 (Dodge +5, Parry +5, Fortitude +5); Protection 5; Enhanced Advantage 1 (Evasion)
Lucky Shot: Enhanced Advantage 12 (Close Attack 6, Ranged Attack 6)

Sample Breakouts:
--Skeleton Key (5): Technology +15 [limited to Defeat Security]; Skill Mastery (Technology)
--Paper-Thin Disguise (5): Various Morph 1s
--“You Didn’t See Aaanything” (8): All Visual Concealment 4
--“Mine!" (10): Teleport Attack 1 (Resisted by Will; Ranged, Limited to hand-held objects, Subtle, +6 save DC, Improved Disarm)
--“How did that get in there?” (10): Sleight of Hand +15 [limited to Stealing/Placing](Ranged, Subtle on Ranged); Quickness 3 [limited to Sleight of Hand]
--With Catlike Tread (9): Acrobatics +12 [limited to Balancing]; Stealth +12
--Monkey Climb (6): Movement 3 [Full Wall Crawling, Swinging]
--Where No Hand Has Gone Before (9): Movement 3 (Permeate)(Precise, Subtle 2)

Offense
Initiative +7
”Mine!”, ranged +10 (Subtle) -- Will DC 17 vs teleport 60 ft
“How did that get in there?”, ranged +10 (Subtle) -- Perception vs 1d20+15 Steal/Place

Defense 17
Dodge +8 (+10 vs Area)
Parry +8
Toughness +6
Fortitude +6
Will +10

Abilities 12 + Skills 9 + Advantages 16 + Powers 61 + Defense 17 = 115

:arrow: Edit 1: Removed Redirect. Added Comprehend (understand/read).
:arrow: Edit 2: Added Super Stunt, removed Well-Informed (due to bad previous calculation). Added Rhime Orb.
:arrow: Edit 3: Deception +2
:arrow: Edit 4: Deception +2. Removed Mallet, Gas Gun, Sleep Potion, Rhime Orb. Added Power Attack, Weird Kitty, Kung Fu Sash, Space Six-Shooters, Witch Hat, Wind Flute, Belt of the Thunderer, Gravity Glove. Altered background and complications to fit.
:arrow: Edit 5: Removed enough points to fit her into a generous sidekick rank.
:arrow: Edit 6: Added Daze (Deception), Improved Feint and Taunt, Set-Up, and Taunt.
:arrow: Edit 7: Added "Psychic Powers?".

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 pm

I SOOOOOOOO want to mess with Shock.

If my Concealment wasn't Passive, I would have already grabbed the tape recorder.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Return to “M&M Game Room”