Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Bastards/Shock

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Bastards/Shock

Post by Yeoman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Crinos wrote:
Yeoman wrote:
Crinos wrote: *Dina*

You are sitting in Maddie's corpse, listening to Perdue giving his big speech to his congregation.

And it is boring as Hell. The guy just goes on and on about this arrogant, passive aggressive crap all day. After about three or four hours of this its finally over, as his congregation exits, Perdue hangs around afterward.

Suddenly, your card begins to go off.
"Crazy people corpse, this is Dina, talk to me."
"This is Doctor Shock." The voice on the other end says. "I intend to abduct Perdue, I am asking you not to intervene. If you do, I will be forced to kill you."
Dina then activates the conference call function to share the conversation with the others. "And that's totally not happening."

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Multiversal Mayhem

Post by EnigmaticOne » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Super Logar
HP: 1
COND: Unharmed

"No, I'm fine, thank you." Gavin replied. "Would you mind if I asked how long they knew each other?"
Impeach the peach!

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Crinos wrote:
Arthur Eld wrote:"On it." Max got on the comm card, letting the other Aveners know what had happened before telling the rest of the Freedom League.

He was angry they had gotten away, but also he was confused. The attack coming so soon after the Vatican-that had to mean something, right?
After you contact the team, and the civilians being treated for injuries, Relentless turns to Durga and Beyn.

"Hey, could you pick us up some lunch at the Big Belly Burgers over there? I'm starved. Fighting that Harm guy worked me up an appetite."
"I agree, I think we've all earned a bite to eat after all this." Beyn said.
Kreuzritter wrote:"Of course master," Durga says, "Double Buffalo Chicken sandwich for yourself again?"
"Any other requests?"

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:"Of course master," Durga says, "Double Buffalo Chicken sandwich for yourself again?"
"You know it girl."

When you enter the restaurant, you see a familiar face up at the counter. Its Myun. She doesn't seem quite her chipper self though. You hear her muttering.

"Guys get to go out and have fun, and what's my job? Buying lunch. Call that job satisfaction cause I don't..." She looks up and see's you, and immediately perks up. "Durga! Hey hows it going?"

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Crinos » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:40 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:Super Logar
HP: 1
COND: Unharmed

"No, I'm fine, thank you." Gavin replied. "Would you mind if I asked how long they knew each other?"
"Kamala and Susan have been friends since they were little." Mrs. Khan says, "Susan's family actually lives a few blocks away, and they went to school together, at least until Susan moved to the west coast and became a super hero, they didn't really stay in touch after that. I think Kamala may still be upset about that."

At this point, Susan comes down, she looks like someone just ran over her heart.

"Bye Mrs. Khan, thanks you for letting me in." She says quietly. "Come on Gavin, lets go do super hero stuff... or not. I don't care."

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Crinos wrote:*Meanwhile, back in Emerald City*
*Jared*

You and Artemis are standing outside a large abandoned warehouse.

"This is where the Queen's of Pain did most of their early shows." Artemis says, "They still hang out here. They may be here now if we're lucky."

She looks over to you, "Also, are you okay? Kaito was being a total creep to you earlier."
Foxfire

"Yes, but what he said did have some truth. Instead of trying something I did nothing. I am really not a take action type of person except when it comes to yelling at the Headmaster's friends." Jared shrugged. "I am not sure about Kaito. Its like his personality flipped 180 degrees. It is kind of disconcerting. We suspect infection of the brain."

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Yeoman wrote:
Dina then activates the conference call function to share the conversation with the others. "And that's totally not happening."
"You are hardly in a position to stop me." Shock says, "Also, I have jammed your card to prevent you from contacting backup. Consider my warning a professional courtesy for your assistance during our last encounter."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Yamainu
SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:"According Miss Omni's class this is the point at which we are to race inside and be blamed for whatever caused that noise. I am proposing we not do that."
"Good thinking; I really like where your head is. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice."

Kaito hops off in his fox form, disappearing mid-hop.
Without a Trace
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:52 pm

stavaros-the-arcane wrote:
Crinos wrote:
Arthur Eld wrote:"On it." Max got on the comm card, letting the other Aveners know what had happened before telling the rest of the Freedom League.

He was angry they had gotten away, but also he was confused. The attack coming so soon after the Vatican-that had to mean something, right?
After you contact the team, and the civilians being treated for injuries, Relentless turns to Durga and Beyn.

"Hey, could you pick us up some lunch at the Big Belly Burgers over there? I'm starved. Fighting that Harm guy worked me up an appetite."
"I agree, I think we've all earned a bite to eat after all this." Beyn said.
"Any other requests?"
"Cheeseburger." Max said.

Renamon twitched her nose. "Make that three. No, four." Max cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Hey, Digivolving takes a lot out of you. I'd like to see you double in size and not be hungry after."

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Crinos wrote:
Yeoman wrote:
"You are hardly in a position to stop me." Shock says, "Also, I have jammed your card to prevent you from contacting backup. Consider my warning a professional courtesy for your assistance during our last encounter."
"I don't think I like you, mister."

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Phrozen wrote:
Crinos wrote:*Meanwhile, back in Emerald City*
*Jared*

You and Artemis are standing outside a large abandoned warehouse.

"This is where the Queen's of Pain did most of their early shows." Artemis says, "They still hang out here. They may be here now if we're lucky."

She looks over to you, "Also, are you okay? Kaito was being a total creep to you earlier."
Foxfire

"Yes, but what he said did have some truth. Instead of trying something I did nothing. I am really not a take action type of person except when it comes to yelling at the Headmaster's friends." Jared shrugged. "I am not sure about Kaito. Its like his personality flipped 180 degrees. It is kind of disconcerting. We suspect infection of the brain."
"Susan explained it to me." Artemis says, "Coyote's minions tend to go... completely buggy. Like this guy Ysengrin, who is some kind of wolf spirit or something in a wooden exoskeleton. I think he likes making them as crazy as possible or something. As for not doing anything, well maybe Kaito did have a point, but it isn't his job to chew you out for it, its mine. Incidentally, all I can tell you is try to do better next time."

When you enter the warehouse, its huge and abandoned. "Hello?" Artemis calls out, "Anyone here?"

"As a matter of fact there is..."

There is a shaking, and suddenly several large stone pillars rise up in front of the way you came in. Then, something large falls down from above and grabs Artemis.

The thing that grabbed Artemis is a Twelve foot tall woman in black leather, her hair done in a pony tail. Her skin if fishbelly white, and her face looks like a corpse: with no nose or lips, and black holes where her eyes should be. She lifts Artemis up in a bear hug.

From behind several columns two more people exit, one is a transparent woman in a gray cloak with a skull face, and the other is a hairless woman with too many piercings to count, dressed in a leather S&M bodysuit.

compared to these creepy characters, the next one to come out is almost comical, its a squat, three foot tall creature that looks like a cross between a girl and an armadillo, with brownish scales, and a short brown mop top. She is almost as wide as she is tall, and can barely waddle up to you.

"Alright clown, you got to the count of three to explain why you're here, or my friend there starts squeezing."

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:57 pm

kenseido wrote:Yamainu
SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:"According Miss Omni's class this is the point at which we are to race inside and be blamed for whatever caused that noise. I am proposing we not do that."
"Good thinking; I really like where your head is. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice."

Kaito hops off in his fox form, disappearing mid-hop.
Without a Trace
Inside, you hear the source of the noise is the kitchen. When you get there you see three figures there.

The first figure is a large, eight foot tall four armed crab creature, holding the fridge over his head.

The second is a woman with the lower half of an octopi, who is looking through the cupboards.

And the third is a handsome guy in black and red tights.

Ronai, you are accompanying some of your cryptid clan buddies in checking out some of the houses the humans have built on the edge of the sea clan's domain for some human food. Unfortunately your crabman ally seems more interested in eating it than taking it back.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Yeoman wrote: "I don't think I like you, mister."
"This is to be expected." Shock says, before ending the call."

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Durga stops, blinks

"Beyn," She says, only missing a beat. "This is Myung, my new nat friend I'd told you about. Myung, this is my friend and classmate, Beyn Tryggvassen, Gentlekrogan Adventurer. as for our order, one Double buffalo chicken sandwich, one Garden salad meal, one back-bacon buster burger, 2 number 5 combos, 1 number one combo, 5 cheeseburgers, 3 Colossal cheeseburgers..."

she pauses to take a breath, then steps aside for Beyn to make his order, subtly shaking her head to not bring up what Myung's doing in Freedom when she's attending school in Emerald City on the opposite coast
untrained deception (innuendo) check: 1d20+1=14
Glob please, Durga silently prays, not again. please don't make her like melody...
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Foxfire

"The Queens of Pain I take it? We are here investigating the death of Madison Forever. My name is Foxfire, the one your friend is holding is Artemis." Jared offers a hand out. "Please there is no need for violence we just want to ask questions."
Persuasion:1d20+3=8. Well, here comes the pain.