Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Bastards/Shock

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Multiversal Mayhem

Post by EnigmaticOne » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Super Logar
HP: 1
COND: Unharmed

"Ah, the arrogance and stupidity of evil." Gavin said. "You feeling alright, Susan?"
Impeach the peach!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:Super Logar

"Ah, the arrogance and stupidity of evil." Gavin said. "You feeling alright, Susan?"
"I just found out I totally hurt my oldest and dearest friend and she's really mad at me and I don't blame her and OMIGOSH THEY HAVE EASTER EGG SHAKES HERE I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THOSE!"

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Bastards/Shock

Post by Crinos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Yeoman wrote:
Crinos wrote:*Meanwhile*

At the congregation, the last of Gil's flock have left, while Perdue is on the phone talking, Shock slinks out of the shadows and grabs him from behind, clasping a hand over his mouth.

"Shshshsh don't struggle." Shock says, as Perdue struggles and tries to scream, "You'll be with your God soon. Assuming he exists, which he most likely does not. And even if he does he probably despises you for all the evil you have done in his name."

Seeing this, Dina emerges out from the body, pointing her gun at Shock. "Put him down."
"I am afraid that is not going to be an option my dear." Shock says, "Unless you wish to try and stop me."

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:29 pm

kenseido wrote:Ronai

Exactly right, not afraid. But timely exits are the cornerstone of any good operation."

He turns back to Insekt. "You're not going to try and stop us, right?"

Yamainu

Bored with the antics in the kitchen, Kaito decides to look around the rest of the house for something of interest.
You find one thing of particular interest in the study: Several letters of correspondence between Perdue and the late former president Leo Barnett, they seem to be talking a lot about the end of the world, with reference to some group called "The Long Night", and waging war against "The unholy forces infesting Emerald."

Included are several pictures of what you assume are Cryptids being strung up and killed: Wesen, fair folk, and other creatures. Apparently these Long Night guys are some kind of monster hunting group Perdue is funding.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Phrozen wrote:
Crinos wrote: "Yeah.... right." The Armadillo girl says. "Crush her."

The corpse woman is about to do just that, when a fifth voice speaks out.

"Hold up guys."

A very mundane woman in a business suit comes up. "Let the Avenger go girls, they're legit."

The corpse woman lets her go. "Sorry." She says sheepishly, "Kinda jumpy after what happened to Maddie."

"I am Veronica Haskill, The Queens of Pain's agent." Veronica extends a hand to shake.
Foxfire

"Understandable. Perhaps." Jared quickly shakes Veronica's hand before checking on Artemis. "Maddie's abilities made her almost immune to death but someone accomplished it. We are trying to find out who. Did Maddie have any enemies?"
"Just the usual ones." The Armadillo girl says, "Music critics, concerned parents, the fire marshal, aside from that Perdue jackass, I don't know anyone who would hate her enough to kill her."

"Except maybe Madame Joy." The leather girl says.

"Madame Joy?" Artemis asks, "What about her?"

"Maddie got us kicked out of her club last week. She was partying a bit harder than usual and kinda sorta caused a small fire. Joy banned us from the place after that."

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Crinos wrote: "I am afraid that is not going to be an option my dear." Shock says, "Unless you wish to try and stop me."
"I'd rather it didn't come to that," Dina says, her pistol unwavering.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:
Crinos wrote:

Gavin got an unfortunate sense that yes, Kamala Khan was upset. But he acted like he heard nothing. "Ok. Please let us know next time, would ya?"
"Whatever." Susan says listlessly as she heads for the restaurant.

When you run into the others, Myun is packing all her food into a big duffel bag.

"It was nice meeting your friends." Myun says, "I gotta get going, my friends are probably hungry. And pissed."
ah, okay, I misread the earlier post so that I thought Myun was taking our orders than ordering for her allies, for some reason
"If they are," Durga says, helping Myun carry the bag out by getting the door for her, "then I am all too happy to take your place, and give them a lesson on ruining your day."
"NO!" Myun says, nearly dropping her bag, "No, trust me these aren't the guys you wanna get sore at you. They can be kinda... rowdy. Don't worry though, they're nothing I can't handle."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Yamainu
HP: 1 (-1=0); LP: 2

Kaito shifts to human form and pulls out his cell phone. He sends a text to the special number given to him by Digital Demon after helping free two of his friends.

Code: Select all

Have some evidence on Gil Perdue that needs to get online ASAP. Can you help?
He gathers up all the evidence and pockets it as he waits for the reply.
Spend an HP to call a favor from Digital Demon.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:44 pm

"NO!" Myun says, nearly dropping her bag, "No, trust me these aren't the guys you wanna get sore at you. They can be kinda... rowdy. Don't worry though, they're nothing I can't handle."
Durga doesn't press the issue, not wanting to spook myun into throwing down another of those rotten egg smoke bombs she seemed to always have on hand, and not cause a panic after the earlier attacks, letting her run off

no, she thinks, not like melody at all

that said, Durga's worry for her friend is as obvious as her emerald epidermis
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by stavaros-the-arcane » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Crinos wrote:

"I just found out I totally hurt my oldest and dearest friend and she's really mad at me and I don't blame her and OMIGOSH THEY HAVE EASTER EGG SHAKES HERE I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THOSE!"
Beyn gives Gavin a sympathetic look. Typical Susan. Still he made a mental note about what Susan was saying before being distracted by the tasty. Then continues handing out everyone's food.
Crinos wrote:
Kreuzritter wrote:

"If they are," Durga says, helping Myun carry the bag out by getting the door for her, "then I am all too happy to take your place, and give them a lesson on ruining your day."

While not meaning to eaves drop, Beyn's eyes narrow at that kind of response. He makes another mental note as he sits down with his own mountain of food.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Crinos wrote: "Just the usual ones." The Armadillo girl says, "Music critics, concerned parents, the fire marshal, aside from that Perdue jackass, I don't know anyone who would hate her enough to kill her."

"Except maybe Madame Joy." The leather girl says.

"Madame Joy?" Artemis asks, "What about her?"

"Maddie got us kicked out of her club last week. She was partying a bit harder than usual and kinda sorta caused a small fire. Joy banned us from the place after that."
Foxfire

Jared leans over to Artemis and whispers to her. "Isn't that where Durga goes to 'relieve tension'?" Coughing Jared resumed questioning. "No vengeful exes or others who may have held a grudge?"