Closed for another game.

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Closed for another game.

Postby Hound » Fri May 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Players have chosen a different game to play.
Last edited by Hound on Sun May 26, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 16 times in total.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Had an Idea(interest)

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri May 17, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm liking this... especially the idea of the villainous option. Since of course, we have a built in explanation for group cohesion (Hang together or hang separately) and of course, we are less likely to do truly bone-headed or over-the-top villainous plots. Thirdly, I would recommend raising the PL to 7-8, but it would still make the average minion capable enough of being a threat in numbers (not including the more capable soldiers and police).

That way, we get a powered yet more realistic handle on villainy, which gives us more fun and challenge.
Impeach the peach!

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 pm

I'd advise keep it low. Low powered games force creativity and togetherness. The world *should* be a scary place in that situation.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri May 17, 2013 12:33 pm

I am open to PL 8 if that is the consent from those who have an interest. I am just aiming for "focus"

I don't want people with power sets who can handle EVERY SINGLE situation with an already exsisting power. As a GM I am pretty liberal with giving out Hero Points, so I like seeing them used for cool stunts

I especially want travel powers to be limited, because I don't want one guy who can tag EVERYONE in the group and teleport them accross country, or everyone capable of flying faster than a super sonic jet, because then there is no real challenge to get away or remain undetected.

With PL 5, you don't HAVE points to spare, even with 90 points(15 over normal start) you don't have much wiggle room if you want to be pretty skilled at something. But when you start getting up to PL 8 or higher, sometimes characters start feeling like grab bags... "I'll take this power, and this power, and this power... and now all my bases are covered."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Fri May 17, 2013 12:42 pm

I like it! What about something like Toad?

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri May 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Well, maybe PL 6-7 is better?

I can do PL 5 if you'd prefer that. Just inquiring. I mean, you said you require the themes to be focused anyway, and as GM you do have veto power over anything game-breaking.

For example, I am considering a Kinetic Control theme for my guy, and I am specifically limited his total powers to (Sustained?) Protection, Damaging Move Object, and Deflect (with Reflect at minimum). This would be a reasonably tight setup, right?
Impeach the peach!

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Fri May 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Basically you can fight the man, and try and save people. Or you can look out for number 1, and steal and rob from the “rich” trying your best to not be caught, noticed, or even cared enough about to be a target.

Or both. :D

I also am interested in this idea and think it could be a fun challenge to be PL 5. I'll be thinking of ideas while awaiting concrete details.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I like the idea of PL 5, but 6 or 7 is cool too.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri May 17, 2013 3:08 pm

So I am seeing alot of interest at PL 5 for the challenge with the extra points. Alot of people seem to like the semi-villianious options.

So Instead I came up with this. THe boy who saved you, wants to run a resistance... great... well that doesnt meant everyone he saves has the same opinion, or even the same ideas on how to run the resistance.

So while you might do the occasional saving lives thing, you guys might be the "sub-group" that also does a few... personal ventures into shopping malls at night or into the vaults of banks.... so long as no one "gets hurt"

EnimaticOne: Sustained Protection, Deflect, and Damage/move under "kinetic energy" works for me that's only three powers and with damage/move you can't really "safely" move people with out hurting them, so it puts alot of restriction on an otherwise "SUPER" useful power.

Evolucion: A Toad guy is another great idea. Leaping, Agile, Long Sticky tongue, wall crawling. All works well in one little niche, so long as he isn't a hypno-toad, or a eye-laser toad
My Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri May 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Updated first post with more concreate rules.

Rules are still subject to change.
My Characters

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri May 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Hound, what are your thoughts on a common house rule I see where non-combat skills are 3/point where combat skills are 2/point?

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri May 17, 2013 3:33 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Hound, what are your thoughts on a common house rule I see where non-combat skills are 3/point where combat skills are 2/point?

I am giving 15 fee points instead of this, so the points could be used for advantages as well. If I go with the 3skill points instead of 2 points, then I will drop the 15 free points.
My Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Mad World(interest)

Postby Hound » Fri May 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Changed name of game to "Mad World"

Working title, willing to take suggestions.
My Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat May 18, 2013 10:15 am

Bump?
My Characters

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 am

Sounds like a nifty idea- even having vague thoughts of warming over a favorite idea (that has been denied more than a few times) but also realizing that I don't have any more game slots right now :(

Return to “M&M Game Room”