Culture Festival Amazing Preparation Squad GO! [3e OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Culture Festival Amazing Preparation Squad GO! [3e Recru

Post by Crazyivan777 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:09 am

Weyrd wrote:I think there is a little bit of wiggle room for determining why you are on the committee.
I'm on the committee because I'm THE BEST! And this is the BEST COMMITTEE EVER!
Weyrd wrote: I'm going that with my character is such a loser that it is the only "club" that would accept him. :D
Are you kidding? You're now part of THE BEST CLUB EVER!*

*Not verified by any student who has any idea what 'cool' or even 'marginally acceptable' is.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 am

I guess I can express interest.

I might even play the token normal person. For a given value of "normal".

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Weyrd » Thu May 30, 2013 9:23 am

Preliminary background for my character, Ichiro Hamada. Still working on build.

*Edit; Rough draft of build.

Ichiro Hamada
PL 6, 120/120pp

Abilities: (6pp)
Str: 0 (8)
Sta: 1 (3)
Agl: -1 (3)
Dex: 0
Fgt: 0 (4)
Int: 1
Awe: 2
Pre: 0

Combat: (6pp)
Dodge: -1 + 0 = -1 (3 + 1 = 4)
Parry: (0 + 0) = 0 (4 + 0 = 4)
Tough: 1 + 0 = 1 (3 + 5 = 8, Impervious 5)
Fort: 1 + 2 = 3 (3 + 2 + 1 = 6)
Will: 2 + 4 = 6

Skills: (4pp)
Acrobatics: -1 + 0 = -1 (3 + 5 = 8 )
Athletics: 0 + 0 = 0 (8 + 4 = 12)
Insight: 2 + 2 = 4 (2 + 2 + 6 = 10)
Investigation: 0 + 0 = 0 (0 + 6 = 6)
Perception: 2 + 2 = 4 (2 + 2 + 4 = 8 )
Persuasion: 0 + 2 = 2
Stealth: -1 + 0 = -1 (3 + 3 = 6)
Technology: 0 + 2 = 2

Advantages: (1pp)
Beginner’s Luck

Powers: (102pp)

Suit's Virtual Intelligence:
Universal Translator: Comprehend Languages 2 (Understand and read any language) (4pp)
Computer Database: Enhanced Traits – Skills (Expertise: Aliens 10), Investigation 6, Well-informed (9pp)
Transmitter/Receiver: Communication Radio 2 (8pp), Sense- Radio (1pp)

Suit Mode: (Activation(Move) -1pp)

Neuro-muscular enhancement: Enhanced Str 6, Sta 2 Agl 4, Fgt 4, Enhanced Dodge 1 and Fort 1 Speed 2 , Leaping 3 (39pp)

Bio-metallic Armor: Impervious Protection 5 (10pp)

Synaptic Combat Enhancement: Enhanced Traits – Improvised Weapon, Takedown 2, All-out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved hold, Favored Foe (Mysterious Invaders), Improved Critical (Unarmed) Improved Smash, Improved Initiative, Weapon Break, Agile Feint, Enhanced Skills: Acrobatics 5, Athletics 4, Stealth 3, Ranged Combat (Thrown) 4 (20pp)

Augmented Sensory Visor w/ Heads-up Display: Senses – Danger Sense (Vision), Infra-vision, Ultra-vision, Radius 2 Awareness (Alien Power Source), Enhanced Trait: Assessment, Insight 6, Perception 4, (12pp)

Complications:
Enemy – Unbeknownst to Ichiro there is a race of aliens in the universe that has vowed to exterminate all traces of his father’s race and they have the tools to find him.
Klutzy – Ichiro is constant tripping over himself, at any time the GM can force a re-roll of a Dexterity or Agility based check and take the worse one as a result.
Identity - Ichiro is mostly powerless and much more vunerable when not in his suit.
Motivation: Acceptance – Ichiro has always been picked last for sports, ignored by girls, and generally disregarded by most, so he is more than eager to prove himself to his “friends.”

Background:
Ichiro was kind of a loser. He had below average grades in school (C’s mostly with maybe a B or two if a teacher took pity on him.) He was not particularly coordinated, constantly bumping into and knocking over things. He had almost no athletic aptitude and very little charisma, so of course girls pretty much ignored him. He was the kind of guy that if you noticed him (and that’s a big if) you wondered how he made it through each day alive. Beneath Ichiro’s unremarkable exterior however was a secret that not even he was aware of, a secret that made him quite special in fact. Ichiro’s father was not of this world, making Ichiro half alien.

His father had discovered Earth on a scouting mission and while blending with the locals to study them, fell in love with Ichiro’s mom. Eventually his father was called back to his home planet to defend it from a mysterious invading force. As a precaution he left behind an advanced alien combat suit for his son to one day use to protect himself and his mother from possible future threats. When inactive it was cleverly disguised as a common wristwatch. Of course Ichiro wasn’t aware of any of this. His mom had told him his Dad had died in a car crash when he was only a baby and gave Ichiro the watch as a “celebratory gift” upon entering high school. As the only real connection Ichiro has with his Dad, he wears the watch every day.

Now, under encouragement from his Mom to try and be more social and involved with others, he has joined the only club that would accept him, the Cultural Festival Amazing Preparation Squad. He just hopes he doesn’t screw things up too much. Last thing he needs is to finally be noticed because he ruined the school’s yearly festival.
Last edited by Weyrd on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:20 am, edited 7 times in total.

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by drothgery » Thu May 30, 2013 9:31 am

Crazyivan777 wrote:*Not verified by any student who has any idea what 'cool' or even 'marginally acceptable' is.
My character has only been on earth for a few years and has only the vaguest notions of what 'cool' or even 'marginally acceptable' is. Still, it's better than her parents have managed ... :D

/not sure what the trope is when a character Did Not Do The Research, rather than the author, but it applies to her family ...
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Post by robertness » Thu May 30, 2013 10:43 am

I'm stating my interest and character concept for this game:
Nobody knows how a Pygmalion Industries of Obaida model KY0 close security support android wound up enrolled at the high school. The best answer the administration has been able to come up with is Pino Kyo was dispatched to the school to protect a student. After all, that's what a bodyguard bot is for, and there are plenty of students whose family connections would warrant that degree of paranoia. The only problem is nobody has figured out which student Kyo-kun is supposed to protect. Despite getting nightly software upgrades and instructions from Pigmalion Industries, Kyo doesn't even know whom it is designated to guard.

Kyo knows it is supposed to protect someone. Until it figures out who that someone is, it will attempt to blend in among the student body as well as possible and protect everyone. To those ends, Kyo has volunteered to be on the Culture Festival Committee.

The KY0 model robot is designed to resemble a human. Superficially it looks like a teenage boy, but anyone interacting with it will realize they're dealing with a machine.
The build:
Pino Kyo - PL 6

Strength 4, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat: Plasma Blade: Damage 6 2 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6), Expertise: Science 2 (+5), Insight 1 (+1), Investigation 1 (+4), Perception 2 (+2), Ranged Combat: Plasma Blaster: Blast 3 6 (+8), Stealth 1 (+3), Technology 3 (+6)

Powers
Envigorating Nanites: Luck Control 1 (Bestow Luck; Limited: Must touch recipient)
Factory Warranty: Immortality 5 (Return after 1 day)
Immunity to Fortitude Effects
Plasma Blade: Damage 6 (DC 21)
. . Plasma Blaster: Blast 3 (Alternate; DC 18)
. . Plasma Flash: Dazzle 3 (Alternate; Affects Sense: Vision, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 13)
Positronic Sensors: Senses 6 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Microscopic Vision 2: cell-size, Ultra-hearing)
Restorative Nanites: Healing 2
Self-Repair Systems: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 14)
Plasma Blade: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Plasma Blaster: Blast 3, +8 (DC 18)
Plasma Flash: Dazzle 3, +2 (DC Fort 13)
Throw, +2 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 19)

Complications
Motivation: Acceptance: Kyo's security programming instructs that fitting into one's environment is essential to being a succesful bodyguard. However, it is much easier to fit in as a bodyguard when you have a client to protectively loom around. Kyo's programming says it should attempt assimilation in the student society, but leaves it without the social skill to do so effectively.

Motivation: Responsibility: The bodyguard with nobody to guard, Kyo has opted to assume responsibility for guarding the entire student body.

Negative Buoyancy: Kyo's body is denser than water, hence the bot will sink and cannot swim.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 6/4, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 62 + Advantages 10 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 120

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2012 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Last edited by robertness on Thu May 30, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Weyrd » Thu May 30, 2013 10:59 am

Edited post with rough draft of build, had to post just before a meeting so it might not be easy to read, will clean it up a bit after meeting.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Post by XeroKhan » Thu May 30, 2013 4:00 pm

@Weyrd: Interesting bio. I will examine the stats even further for any miscalculations and what-not.

EDIT: So far, everything looks good point-wise.

@Robertness: Interesting concept. I would like to see a build of it, of course.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Post by robertness » Thu May 30, 2013 6:58 pm

XeroKhan wrote:@Robertness: Interesting concept. I would like to see a build of it, of course.
I've added a draft of the build to my prior post. Your feedback is appreciated.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Post by XeroKhan » Thu May 30, 2013 7:13 pm

@Robertness: Alright, the build looks good.

EDIT: @All: I have updated the first post with the current builds.

Common Terms I will use:

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by drothgery » Thu May 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Here's what I've got so far (since the next 3e game I actually get in will be my first, I'm not quite sure if I'm doing this right ...)

Abigalan of the S'Mirat clan
aka Abby Smith
PL6

The S'Mirat clan had once been a power in their home (which was quite a bit like the magical quasi-Medieval Europe of many a fantasy novel, video game, or RPG), but managed to make enemies of a great dark empire who vowed to eliminate them. And although the clan's powers ensured that each one of them accounted for quite a few Imperials before they died, eventually the clan was reduced to a handful including Abby's immediate family, and the elders searched for a realm to escape to. They thought in our earth the remains of the clan could be nicely inconspicuous while they looked for a way to strike at the heart of the Empire, but they made some mistakes. Rituals and traveling the realms were not the specialties of the clan's magics -- the globes of energy they fought with most of the time were.

So what they learned of earth, they learned from watching American television filtered through scrying and translation spells... and since it was in the 2010s, they thought real life was like a police procedural. Abby's somewhat learned better (and learned enough Japanese that she can mostly manage without her translation earring, but she doesn't trust giving it up), but she still thinks this modern world with almost no magic is really strange.

Abby is mostly quiet but intensely curious about the world she lives in. She's mostly a good but not great student; she gets top marks in language classes due to her translation earring and feels guilty about it, but doesn't trust her Japanese skills enough to take it out (or that she speaks English well enough to continue her façade of being American -- which she doesn't; without her earring, she has a noticeable Japanese accent). The rare times her magical awareness has detected something other than her family she always wants to know what it is.

She joined the Culture Festival Preparation Squad because she believed it would give her a chance to learn more about the people in the strange world she's found herself living in... and because she wanted to get Genki Girl off her back.

Type of Alternate Identity: Secret (well, her true name and actual origin is secret; that there's something weird about her and her family... not so much)
Age: 16 (which puts her in grade 10, I think; her nominal birthday is in January)
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Eyes: blue
Hair: blue

Abigalan of the S'Mirat clan - PL 6

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
Assessment, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Precise Attack (All) 4, Ritualist, Tracking, Trance, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+7), Close Combat: Fiery Sword: Strike 6 6 (+6), Deception 2 (+2), Expertise: Magic 6 (+8), Expertise: Riding 1 (+3), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Combat Spells 4 (+6), Technology 1 (+3)

Powers
Arcane linguist: Comprehend 3 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All)
Aura sense: Senses 6 (Accurate: magic awareness, Acute: magic awareness, Awareness: (mental) magic, Radius: magic awareness, Ranged: magic awareness)
Cloak of Protection (Removable)
. . Extradimensional Pockets: Feature 1 (extradimensional, Notes: A small extradimensional space in the pockets of her cloak )
. . Protection 6 (+6 Toughness)
Combat Spells
. . Cure: Healing 6 (Stabilize, Notes: With as much damage as the clan dishes out, they needed a way to reverse it)
. . Fiery Sword: Strike 6 (fire, DC 21; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Penetrating 6, Notes: When Abby absolutely has to damage someone, she gets in close and tries this ...)
. . Orb of Binding Energy: Snare 6 (DC 16; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank; Unreliable (5 uses), Notes: Abby needs to carry some materials for the magical bonds to coallesce around. She normally only carries enough to cast the spell five times.)
. . Orb of Energy Blast: Blast 6 (DC 21; Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - magic, Notes: Abby gathers an orb of energy and hurls it at a target)
. . Orb of Energy Burst: Burst Area Blast 4 (DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - magic, Notes: … and she can make those balls of energy explode, too …)
. . Telekinetic Orb (living): Move Object 6 (6 tons, DC 21; Damaging, Increased Mass 2; Concentration)
. . Telekinetic Orb (Objects): Move Object 6 (3 tons; Affects Objects Only, Increased Mass, Precise)
Sustained Spells
. . Blink
. . . . Flight 1 (Linked; Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Levitation)
. . . . Teleport 3 (Linked; 250 feet in a move action, carrying 200 lbs.; Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 2, Turnabout)
. . Fly (Notes: Taking to the air is a good way to stay out of the way of trouble)
. . . . Flight 4 (Linked; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Subtle 2: undetectable)
. . . . Movement 1 (Linked; Safe Fall)
. . Protective Ward: Burst Area Force Field 6 (+6 Toughness; Affects Others Only, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Notes: Keeping allies safe is important)

Offense
Initiative +5
Fiery Sword: Strike 6, +6 (DC 21)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Orb of Binding Energy: Snare 6, +6 (DC Dog 16)
Orb of Energy Blast: Blast 6, +6 (DC 21)
Orb of Energy Burst: Burst Area Blast 4 (DC 19)
Telekinetic Orb (living): Move Object 6, +6 (DC 21)
Telekinetic Orb (Objects): Move Object 6, +6 (DC 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
fugitive: Abby and her family fled to Earth from their home dimension, and occasionally agents of their home dimension catch up with her
Identity: Abby is known as Abigail Smith to the outside world
not of this world: Although she says she's American, she's from another dimension and all Earth cultures are confusing, especially the one she's living in
not quite normal: Abby has naturally blue hair, which is not uncommon where she's from, in addition to her magic powers. This makes her stick out even more than being a tall (for Japan) white girl …
Relationship: Jastor S'Mirat: (aka Jason Smith) is Abby's ten-year-old brother, who is attending an elementary school in town and is showing his first signs of sorcery.
Relationship: Kevalat S'Mirat: (aka Kevin Smith) is Abby's father, and also an accomplished sorcerer. He is the only member of the clan without the trademark blue hair (thanks to some dye purchased at a grocery store), and a bit of an artificer. He's managed to finagle a 'real world' job that he only holds on to by creatively applying magic.
Relationship: Mishalan S'Mirat: (aka Michelle Smith) is Abby's mother, and a somewhat more accomplished sorceress than Abby (her daughter is a bit of a prodigy magically speaking, but Mishalan has quite a bit more experience). She is pretending to be a housewife while in Japan.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 6, Toughness 7, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 16 + Powers 52 + Advantages 11 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 119

Design notes
It isn't explicitly noted, but all of her powers have the [magical] descriptor.

Her family's magic isn't very good at creation or transformation or summoning, and the portal they used to get to Earth was somewhat outside their normal realm of expertise. She believes such magics are possible, but she pretty much can't do them (healing and her 'hold person' effect are about the edge of that; her sword is pure elemental fire).

Edits: Build has been updated a few times, background expanded. Rolled back to 120 pp, changed binding energy effect to be Snare, freed up some points to keep the Blink spell.
Last edited by drothgery on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Post by XeroKhan » Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 pm

@Drothgery: I know you are new to 3e, so a bit of help from me:
1) The Removable drawback works differently than you have posted. Essentially, for every 5pp there is in a power or group of powers with the Removable drawback, that is a -1 for every 5pp. Your "Cloak of Protection" gives you Protection 6 and Feature 1, making a total of 7 naturally. The Removable drawback is a -2 flat pp because there are 2 degrees of 5pp (1st being 1-5, 2nd being 6-10). In total, your "Cloak of Protection" is giving back 2pp total with that build.

2) The "Translation Earring" Power looks weird. It is saying Comprehend 4, which allows you to Understand, Speak, Write, and Read all languages; however, from your description of the item, it looks like it should only translate what is being heard from the speaker, which should just be 1 rank in that power. I am asking that you clarify this even further.

There is also the same numbers error in the Earring as in the Cloak. The totals should also give 5pp, also giving you an extra 2pp.

3) Your Offenses are over PL. Your Ranged Combat (Magic Orbs) is giving you a +8 to hit, while the Power's Damage is a 6. If the PL cap is 12 Offenses/Defenses in this game, then 8+6=14, not 12.

So is your Defenses. Your Toughness is a +1 from your Stamina bonus, and your "Cloak of Protection" is giving you a +6 to Toughness, which total to 7. Your highest Dodge/Parry bonus is 6, so 6+7=13. Just over by 1.

Also, how did you come up with Toughness 13?
And now for something completely different:
SUGGESTIONS!

1) Why not purchase at least 1 "Improved Initiative"? That Advantage boosts your Initiative by 4. With your current Initiative being a +1, the Improved Initiative would bring it up to a 5 total!

2) At least have a point in what Skills you want with your character. With a pp in Skills, it gives you an extra 2 skill ranks to play around with. You can put both ranks into one skill or put a rank into two skills. There can be even more fun with that.

3) With a character who's father is from space, there MAY be sub-plots that take you into space. So, why not purchase the Trance Advantage? For a full minute and an Awareness DC 15, you can slow your breathing, adding your Awareness bonus to your Stamina bonus to hold your breath longer, while keeping it held in just requires either a Fortitude DC or a Will DC. And while in that, a Perception DC 15 is to make sure you are still alive because of your body's slowed functioning. Somewhat complicated, but useful for this character.
Anyway, I hope this helps.

Common Terms I will use:

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by drothgery » Thu May 30, 2013 10:43 pm

XeroKhan wrote:@Drothgery: I know you are new to 3e, so a bit of help from me:
1) The Removable drawback works differently than you have posted. Essentially, for every 5pp there is in a power or group of powers with the Removable drawback, that is a -1 for every 5pp. Your "Cloak of Protection" gives you Protection 6 and Feature 1, making a total of 7 naturally. The Removable drawback is a -2 flat pp because there are 2 degrees of 5pp (1st being 1-5, 2nd being 6-10). In total, your "Cloak of Protection" is giving back 2pp total with that build.
Cool. I was figuring -1 per 5 pp for a removable (but not easily removable) power meant that a 7 pp power would only net a -1.
2) The "Translation Earring" Power looks weird. It is saying Comprehend 4, which allows you to Understand, Speak, Write, and Read all languages; however, from your description of the item, it looks like it should only translate what is being heard from the speaker, which should just be 1 rank in that power. I am asking that you clarify this even further.
Maybe I should put in an amulet or something instead of an earring, but I wanted all the features of Comprehend @4 in an item, and an amulet would probably by easily removable instead of removable (and she really doesn't need it now, but is used to it; she wouldn't trust her knowledge of English or Japanese -- neither of which is native to her).
3) Your Offenses are over PL. Your Ranged Combat (Magic Orbs) is giving you a +8 to hit, while the Power's Damage is a 6. If the PL cap is 12 Offenses/Defenses in this game, then 8+6=14, not 12.
I thought that might be the case. Wasn't 100% sure, though.
So is your Defenses. Your Toughness is a +1 from your Stamina bonus, and your "Cloak of Protection" is giving you a +6 to Toughness, which total to 7. Your highest Dodge/Parry bonus is 6, so 6+7=13. Just over by 1.
Okay.
Also, how did you come up with Toughness 13?
That was due to me not checking the spreadsheet's math. I think it counted her 'others only' protection spell in addition to her cloak.
And now for something completely different:
SUGGESTIONS!

1) Why not purchase at least 1 "Improved Initiative"? That Advantage boosts your Initiative by 4. With your current Initiative being a +1, the Improved Initiative would bring it up to a 5 total!

2) At least have a point in what Skills you want with your character. With a pp in Skills, it gives you an extra 2 skill ranks to play around with. You can put both ranks into one skill or put a rank into two skills. There can be even more fun with that.

3) With a character who's father is from space, there MAY be sub-plots that take you into space. So, why not purchase the Trance Advantage? For a full minute and an Awareness DC 15, you can slow your breathing, adding your Awareness bonus to your Stamina bonus to hold your breath longer, while keeping it held in just requires either a Fortitude DC or a Will DC. And while in that, a Perception DC 15 is to make sure you are still alive because of your body's slowed functioning. Somewhat complicated, but useful for this character.
Anyway, I hope this helps.
It does. I'll edit and revise her in a second.
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Post by XeroKhan » Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 pm

MUCH better, Droth. Only 7pp left to be used. So many variables for those 7, yet all the suggestions I already gave you... Except one that I just thought of.

Every Magic-based character has been known to sense magic wherever it is. Thus, I propose this setup for 2pp:

Senses 2
>Magical Awareness
. . . Radius

That way, wherever there is magic (either in front, behind, etc.) you know there is magic in that direction. This, of course, is a Mental sense.

And this can be upgraded by adding different Sense effects for whatever the cost of it is. For instance, to be able to tell WHAT kind of magic it is (like Black Magic or White Magic), add the Acute descriptor for 2pp (for the whole sense), while being able to tell where it exactly is is the Accurate discriptor (this is 4pp for the entire sense type).

Just have a look in the 3e hand book for more details.

Common Terms I will use:

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by drothgery » Fri May 31, 2013 6:49 am

XeroKhan wrote:MUCH better, Droth. Only 7pp left to be used. So many variables for those 7, yet all the suggestions I already gave you... Except one that I just thought of.

Every Magic-based character has been known to sense magic wherever it is.
Not a bad idea. Done. Also added a 'hold person' spell so she has a non-damaging attack (she is a schoolgirl after all; turning a bully into a charred cinder might be frowned upon by the authorities ...).
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Crazyivan777 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:29 am

Hrm. I've been thinking... We do tend to have a lot of supernatural / powered types... Would it be better for the Genki Girl to be more of a skill-bucket? A super-detective-batman type? (Though not a tenth as dark) "Of course I know how to do that! Didn't you take that class?!" (Somehow she takes classes no one has even -heard- of before...)