ALSO NOTE I AM RECRUITING BETWEEN 3 AND 7 HIGHLY ACTIVE USERS. Minimal 1 post per 48 hours on average.
So I watched Watchmen lately and it gave me all kinds of ideas. I have an idea for combining it with the Plot of PIxar's Incredibles
I want to run a game in a fictional city, dunno a name for it... taking suggestions.
I want the Powerlevel to be 7. I have a few house rules I want to "steal" from other GM's which include but are not limtied to:
Try and keep this game street level, and confined to a single city. Other teams will be in other cities.
1. Dexterity also provides a bonus to Initiative which can be stacked with Agility or Speed Of Thought
2. Each rank of Presence taken, also offers either 1 point for Willpower, or 1 Social Advantage like Leadership, Contacts, Connections, Teamwork, etc... (make sure to clearly mark this stuff)
3. Skills provide 3 ranks, for 1 Point exept for Combat Skills.
4. Each Rank of Wealth Provides 1 Free Rank of Equipment Limited to Secret Base(ala batcave)
5. Maximum 5 Regeneration, Regneration costs 2 per rank instead of 1.
6. Power attack/All out attack combo can only be used once per combat. To use it more than once, you will need to treat it as using extra effort, which means either spending a hero point or becoming fatigued, which is cumulative. Meaning ever "stack" of fatigue then makes you exhausted, then incapacitated.
7. While I allow some custom advantages/feats/features, I do not allow the "Follow Up" where you get a second attack after a critical hit. Additionally, normal attacks are capped at "Improved Critical 2" and if you want a higher crit ratem there needs to be a trade off, like being distracted, or what ever, to show you going all out.
8. 1 Point of Languages gets you 2(instead of 1), 2 Points get you 4, 3 gets you 8, beyond this you might as well just take the power Comprehend.
9. I dislike Impervious and Penetrating, and can never find a set of rules that makes me happy, so for now, let's just not use either.
I want some of he heroes to be "Legacy" characters. Meaning either you are the son/daughter/adopted child, or you were mentored, or you are simply trying to pay homage to your hero.
AGAIN, only some. If everyone were the same, that would be boring. But I want atleast a few of you to have a connection to the past.
The idea is that there was a team in the Golden era, they were national heroes, on every news paper, comics, toys, the works. But something happened. Exactly what will be explored in the game and be based heaily on what kind of characters I get, but the team disbanded. Other hero teams around the country followed suit.
Special Cop teams were created, name pending, which picked up the slack from the dissappearence of all heroes
30 or 40 years later, when the world has forgotten heroes, criminals that police special teams can't handle anymore have been surfacing. In nearly every major city, people are afraid to leave their homes after dark.
Children, old side kicks, people who were mentored or inspired by old heroes, and some just with a strong sense of justice have stepped forward to fight the crime, but it won't be easy. It will be bloody, it will be hard, and people will die...
Powers are primarily Mutations, science or tech based, but there are rare instances of Magic casters, magic artifacts, and even possible alien tech appearing.
Powers are rare, but lately those born with mutant powers are increasing, this gene is almost always detected at child birth during mandatory blood checks. These people often go to special schools where they can learn to control their powers. Not everyone goes there mind you, and the vast majority of mutants powers are simply physical enhancement. Stronger,faster, elevated senses, faster healing. Nothing ground breaking or earth shattering. Of course there are exceptions.
That said there are only two schools for powered individuals in North america, and attendence isn't mandatory, only power registration. (But not everyone is registered)
However this birth increase does not explain the increase in "super" crime. The majority of them appear to be genetically enhanced.
So. Someone is out there genetically enhanceing people to be strong enough to beat the cops. Heroes are needed again, but the game won't be so straight forward and simple.
The game will be dark. Attacks will be lethal unless specifically stated/contructed. People will die. I will never, ever, EVER go into detail or role play for dark dark things like Torture or Rape, but they be alluded to.
I will of couse keep this game legal for this board, but don't expect this to be a jolly 4 color romp.
Ideas, thoughts, concerns, interest, other?
Please post completed character sheets here
You may change your character as often as you like until recruiting ends, however only post once, and only post your character in that thread.
It will eventually become our OOC, and I want all the heroes to be the first page(or two, depending on applications)
So until then, continue to use this thread to ask questions, and voice concerns.