Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3e Utility Belt integrated into armor (battle suit)

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

3e Utility Belt integrated into armor (battle suit)

Postby JohnFrum » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:51 am

Hopefully someone can provide advice on the above question: Basically, I've got a character with a battlesuit in which I'd like to build in an integral utility belt.

Using the 3e program, I understand how to make a utility belt as 'device using equipment points', but I can't work out how to make it part of the battlesuit and pay for it with equipment points.

I've tried to use an array, but it ends up charging power points.

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated!
JohnFrum
Bystander
Bystander

Re: 3e Utility Belt integrated into armor (battle suit)

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 am

Equipment is assumed to already have the discount for it being hard or easy to lose. Given you're not going to gain any additional vulnerability for having it be part of the suit, what are you gaining or losing by putting it inside that container?
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 3e Utility Belt integrated into armor (battle suit)

Postby JohnFrum » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 am

Good point. I was looking at placing the utility belt within the armor with hidden compartments (subtle feat) combined with the limited feat (5 uses), but that's really more of a descriptor. Just effects-based (with your good point about the cost already factored in), it doesn't matter in which container the utility belt equipment is located.

Even better, if the utility belt is something physically outside the armor, there's no reason the character couldn't use that when he doesn't have access to his battlesuit.
JohnFrum
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Hero Lab