Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Info on X'Hal the Goddess of the Vegan Star System needed

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.

Info on X'Hal the Goddess of the Vegan Star System needed

Postby HustlerOne » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Hey does anyone have any info on the so called Goddess X'Hal? She was mentioned in the DC rulebook in the space section about the Vegan Star System. I really need a powerful villainess that could be a good threat against the more powerful Super heroines (like Mary Marvel, Power Girl, Super Girl, and of course Wonder Woman). I presume she might be in the DC Universe book.

Just in case she isn't, Is there any reliable source of what powers she has so I can build her myself? I know she's a really powerful energy being that blew up three planets in the Vegan Star System. Other than that I'm at a loss. She looks like the DC version of the Phoenix from Marvel except slightly less powerful.

I was kind of disappointed that the DC books so far didn't really have any good female threats that was above PL: 14.
Yet there were plenty of high level bad guys like Darkseid, Doomsday, and the Monarch.

What can I say but I have the same fetish as Chris Claremont for beautiful powerful dominating women. :wink:
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Info on X'Hal the Goddess of the Vegan Star System neede

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 pm

It doesn't look like she is a very active character. This might help.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Cobalt » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 am

For a quick and dirty, I think I'd use Taliesens Phoenix build (PL 18, which is coincidental, I would have put her at spectre level)..

She always reminded me of Phoenix in the few appearances I remember.. Also, I'm pretty sure Mayfair statted her up many years ago.
Cobalt
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby HustlerOne » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for all the help so far. I tried searching on the forums for X'Hal but came up with no matches. I'll check up on Mayfair's builds and the ComicVine website then. X'hal interests me because she does remind me of Phoenix but
imprisoned until some hapless fool frees her in my DC campaign. Here's hoping X'Hal, Maxima, and the Female Furies
shows up in the DC universe book.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Goldar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:44 pm

I also was seeking some powerful female characters of the PL14 or higher level as major opponents of the Mary Marvel, Power Girl and Wonder Woman team. So I know your disappointment HustlerOne. So far, none have appeared.

I remember the name of X'Hal being mentioned (by Starfire?) quite a bit in the past, but have never seen her or her powers. I heard she is an energy being who is quite powerful as you mentioned. I don't think I ever saw her statted by DC before, not even in the old Mayfair games.

HustlerOne wrote: I'll check up on Mayfair's builds and the ComicVine website then. X'hal interests me because she does remind me of Phoenix but mprisoned until some hapless fool frees her in my DC campaign. Here's hoping X'Hal, Maxima, and the Female Furies
shows up in the DC universe book

I Hope X'Hal appears in the Universe Book. In addition, add Lady Quark, Rampage, Titania, Andromeda and Night Girl (the last 3 of Legion fame and all fairly strong females).
Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Mr Mole » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 am

Cobalt wrote:For a quick and dirty, I think I'd use Taliesens Phoenix build (PL 18, which is coincidental, I would have put her at spectre level)..

She always reminded me of Phoenix in the few appearances I remember.. Also, I'm pretty sure Mayfair statted her up many years ago.

Yes, X'Hal appeared in Mayfair's The Atlas of the DC Universe on page 129. There's she's written up as a (very roughly) Superman-level character... Slightly inferior in some basic stats, but more powerful in her more exotic abilities.

X'Hal has definite similarities to Phoenix... Both having a history as sympathetic women, driven insane by cosmic power, who used said power to destroy worlds... So there's that...

I'll have to stat her up from Mayfair, maybe using Superman for a reference point, and see what I come up with...
Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby HustlerOne » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:57 am

Mr Mole wrote:Yes, X'Hal appeared in Mayfair's The Atlas of the DC Universe on page 129. There's she's written up as a (very roughly) Superman-level character... Slightly inferior in some basic stats, but more powerful in her more exotic abilities.

X'Hal has definite similarities to Phoenix... Both having a history as sympathetic women, driven insane by cosmic power, who used said power to destroy worlds... So there's that...

I'll have to stat her up from Mayfair, maybe using Superman for a reference point, and see what I come up with...

That's great! That's exactly what I needed. So she's at least around Superman's and Wonder Woman's power level. She's possibly a bit higher by one or two levels considering she did blow up a planet or two.

I would have used Ursa who's also at PL: 15 but the DC book suggested using General Zod's stats instead. :roll: We didn't even get a proper build for the one villainess who could take on Wonder Woman.

DC could really use more female cosmic beings.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Batgirl III » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:24 pm

They are out there... its just that DC is a little less prone to "cosmic" than Marvel... with Kirby's Fourth World, Gaiman's Endless, and the work by Gaiman or Morrison's with the magic side of things the true cosmic powers are kinda above petty super-villain. But they are out there:

Blaze is essentially Satan; the Queen of Fables is the living embodiment of all evil in folklore; the Emerald Empress (and the Emerald Eye of Ekron) have repeatedly tussled with the full Legion of Super-Heroes (including two Silver Age Kryptonians, two Daxamites, and 22+ other heroes). Glorify has fought the full LSH and won, which is impressive considering the endgame of her plan was destroying the universe...

There is also Superwoman and hre Crime Syndicate of Amerika; Saturn Queen of the Legion of Super-Villains; and/or Maxima... all three are easily "Superman tier"
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Wyld0007 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

here's the link over at Writeups.org for Mayfair's DC rpg:

http://www.writeups.org/fiche.php?id=565

i love that website almost as much as this one :mrgreen:

and maybe if you ask the Roll Call's resident experts on Mayfair DC rpg conversions to M&M3 DC Adventures Ghostwise and pawsplay over here on their thread:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40762

they might be interested in helping with a conversion
Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Goldar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:39 am

Thanks for the info and the links, Wyld00007.

I finally got to see X'Hal and her stats. Impressive. I understand why people call her DC's Phoenix. Here's Hoping that she appears in the Universe Book along with the other powerful females we have all mentioned.
Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby HustlerOne » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:32 pm

From what I can see from the Mayfair Writeup. It looks like X'hal is kind of similar to the Cosmic Herald Archetype
from the Villainous Archetypes PDF for 2e. That and she seems to have the Variable power with her Omnipower. So she really is a God(dess) like Ares at PL: 16 or higher! Now I really want her to be in the DC universe book in all of her majesty.

Thanks for the link Wyld0007 it saved me a lot of time looking for her.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby greycrusader » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:12 am

As far as powerful female villains go, there are a few tentatively slated for the DC Atlas book, assuming they make the final editing cut. These include Maxima, Lady Styx (the version which appeared in the 52 maxi-series, not the new once introduced in the nu52 Blue Beetle), and a handful of others. The Hyperclan (elite White Martians who appeared in Morrison's JLA run) are detailed, including Primaid; they aren't statted, but guidelines are given for adapting the standard Martian power set for them. Mongal of the Mongul clan of space-faring conquerers is essentially a female brick/powerhouse near Supergirl's power level (and the Mongul clan's many cosmic weapons are given stats, expanding the entry from the second H&V book). X'Hal is mentioned, though as a PL X being (a PL 18 Spectre/Phoenix level write-up would also be appropriate though).

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...
greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Goldar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks for listing a few of the more powerful female characters we may get to see in the Universe book if they make the cut, Greycrusader!

I can't wait to see this final installment! :)

Although it is a bit sad, with this being the last book.:cry: Each one was so great! I want more, more, more! :wink:
Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby greycrusader » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Steve Kenson has stated the book is in final layout, which means DC Edit approves from there. I'm hoping it debuts before April of next year, the sooner the better really.

Lady Quark may or may not make the final cut. Still in the hands of both GR and DC editorial, largely dependent on final page count. The future DCU section features a couple powerful femal LSH foes, too.

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...
greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby HustlerOne » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:50 am

greycrusader wrote:Steve Kenson has stated the book is in final layout, which means DC Edit approves from there. I'm hoping it debuts before April of next year, the sooner the better really.

Lady Quark may or may not make the final cut. Still in the hands of both GR and DC editorial, largely dependent on final page count. The future DCU section features a couple powerful female LSH foes, too.

All my best.

That's good news to hear. I guess it all depends on DC approving it. The Emerald empress was pretty powerful and was already shown. I would love to see some more female foes for Duplicate Damsel, Phantom girl, Saturn girl, and
the rest. The only one I know of is Esper Lass. Hopefully she'll make it since she'll be a great foil to Saturn girl.

Frankly I just want to see some women that are over PL: 14. I'm pretty desperate here. I had to import Eris and Una from Freedom City. Even then they act more like masterminds than the bodyguard powerhouses I need.

I wouldn't mind seeing at least one woman that's at PL:X as well. Mister Mxyzptlk girlfriend Miss Gsptlsnz would be an interesting foil to the heroic ladies of DC. Too bad I know next to nothing about her personality than from what I saw
of her in the Superman animated series.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Next

Return to DC Adventures