The official Mutants & Masterminds boards
When White Lion of Dakana learned of Abatwa, he instantly recognized the work of the spirits, and sent emissaries to Gramercy island to talk to him. When he gets out Abatwa plans on going to Dakana and becoming one of its protectors.Kreuzritter wrote:Gramercy Island, part 2: the convicts
Abatwa - the chosen champion of west african spirits, Samuel Sgorto's new powers helped him barely escape the brutal and bloody civil war that slaughtered the very village he'd sworn to protect. not wanting to die, he allied with the local warlord, and took a career of supercrime in the US to support his new master. but, being new to business, abatwa was caught, and sentenced to 7 years for theft. although certain he can escape, Abatwa intends to sit out his sentence, ashamed to have abused his gift in so base a manner.
Prior to incarceration Afterburner had also done battle with the Freedom League and the Sentinels, though neither team was able to permanently capture him.
Afterburner - one of the most powerful and notorious fire-based supervillains in the southwest United States, Afterburner was finally brough down by the Centurions when he came to Century station. sen to Gramercy Island, Afterburner claimed he'd be free in 30 days, tops. its day 28 of his life behind bars, and quite a few people are waiting to see if Afterburner wil indeed bust out, or if his words are just hot air.
Antartica was a minor foe to Johnny Rocket, who suggested she use her powers for Antarctic exploration as opposed to villainy.
Antarctica - an ace with powers over cold, Antarctica likes to think beyond her means, making her an underworld joke.
Sadly, the Bag Lady was a prominent member of the Covenant before she lost her mind, brought on by a combination of a magical curse and her family being wiped out by the Pact.The Bag Lady - an old, senile sorceress turned homeless vagrant, the Bag Lady is currently doing time for killing 8 violent gang-bangers. helpless without her sachel, the bag lady is currently in a-block
Zanzibar is a professional rival to both Big Game Hunter and Orion the Hunter, and the trio have gone on hunts together.Baron Zanzibar - world reknowned bounty hunter, assassin and serial cape-killer, Baron Zanzibar is your classic 'big game hunter' themed hitman, with a pedigree going back to the russian czars and a lust for the hunt only sated by going after superheroes
The Billionaire rarely fought heroes directly. but the IRS audit that took him up was set up by the Technomancer on orders from Doc Steele.
The Billionaire - William "Dollar Bill" Randle, one of the richest men in the continental United States, had the cash, patience and audacity to actually buy his way into the Labyrinth, making it as far as what Taurus has labelled 'middle management', serving as a one man swiss bank account for supervillains wishing to do 'business' in Century Station. That is, until he got busted for tax evasion and is serving 20 years. Taurus wants Randle to serve at least a quarter of that sentence as punishment for being so sloppy with his own books. (that he hasn't spilled Labyrinth secrets is the only reason randle's still alive.)
Bluehair was a foe to Speed Demon of the sentinels, who broke her hip trying to capture the Granny.
Bluehair - something of a folk hero amongst the criminal underworld, Marjorie Bonapatre's a sweet litle old lady who also happens to be one of the most successful getaway drivers in the united states, due mostly to her rare Linkin Gormanzo super-vehicle. Spartacorp is currently springing for appealing her 20 year sentence, as they want to base their new SUV line on her infamous monster roadster.
Back in the Circus Maximus, the Body Shots were rivals to the Contenders, both in the ring and in the criminal underworld. Still, there is a healthy amount of respect between the groups, and the Contenders even offered to help break them out of Gramercy (Roman vetoed the idea, deciding they needed someone with more...finesse to handle it.The Body Shots - a 6-pack of super powered street fighters, it's no surprise that the body shots are in the employ of August Roman's circus maximus, and were the stars of its southwest franchise. then they got it in their heads to work for the elusive Minotaur, and life was good, until the body shots got arrested, and Minotaur threw them under the bus. Roman intends to have his former goons released, and will decide what to do with them once he figures out what they know. the Body shots consist of:
- Uppercut - Wallace Mangold was an aging underground boxer until he gained new vitality and superhuan strength and reflexes via the DNAscedant process. he feels bad about ditching Roman for the minotaur, but figures he's had a long and good run, so ther than that hehas no regrets.
- Bolchok the world's deadliest football hooligan, Bolchok's a russian immigrant who watched "A Clockwork Orange" a fw too many times. while lacking the powrs of his teammates, he makes up for it in pure viciousness and brutality.
- Haymaker - a prototype combat android that's become self aware, Knuckleduster took to street fighting to afford maintenence
- Knuckleduster- the least skilled but by far the most powerful of the gang, Haymaker was a champion bodybuilder before she was outed as a metaman and disgraced as a cheat, and when she worked for the roman to payt off her debts, she discovered her aptitude for supercrime
- Roundhouse - an arrogant and violent world warrior-class martial artist, Archie Voss has been walking the path of Akuma, destroying every martial arts school he came across, until he was recruited by the Roman, and later the Minotaur, whom he still beleives will bail them out any day now. when he finally figures out what went wrong, he's gonna be pissed... more than usual, i mean
- Stranglehold - an elastic luchador with a body of living rubber, Stranglehold loves money just a bit morethan he likes fighting
Bughouse actually is a slasher, the result of Hades attempting to create a slasher from someone who already has superpowers. Results have been... promising to say the least.
Bughouse - regarded as a 'fearmaster wannabe', Bughouse certainly looks the part, a well-built maniac dressed like a slasher movie killer and his signature paired chainsaws. however, Bughouse doesn't really care about fear, instead using his psychic powers to incite violent riots, hoping to cause one greater than the infamous Jokertown riots of the 1970's.
Mr. Hoppy has also taken an interest in Caligua, and has begun appearing to him in the guise of the Roman God Bacchus. He may grant him super powers or a fraction of his own power after a time.
Caligula - a genius mastermind and deranged maniac who really does think he's the infamous roman emperor, Caligula's attempt to rule the century station underworld ended in in his arrest and imprisonment, which he sees as 'exile to his winter palace after a coup', and beliving his 'royal guard' will be along to rescue him and restore him to his rightful throne any day now, unaware his gang has already fallen apart without his guidance and charisma. Caligula has also taken correspondence with his mentor, the 'former emperor Augustus', and August Roman sees potential in this gifted lunatic.
Chambra's bloodthirsty attitude has drawn the attention of the demonic martial artist Akuma, who plans to fight Chambra himself, even if he has to kill his way into Gramercy island to do so.
Chambara - an iron age vigilante, Chambara's parents were murdered by the Hundred Oni Ninja clan, and he both swore and took revenge against them using his skill and passion as a martial arts prodigy. destroying their american operations, Chambara retired from heroics to become part of Xtreme! action combat Championships, where he rose to superstardom until his bloodlust got the better of him, and during a public venue slew not only his opponent, but staium security, several police officers and one superhero before he was brought down. this killing spree has gotten him 50 years without parole, bu this has no importance to chambara, nor are the bloody tatters of a lucrative career and lawsuits against his chain of martial arts dojos. no, to chambara, the fight is all.
Conspirator also has connections to the Murder League and the Warlord.
Conspiritor - a nefarious superstar of the third world war zones, the Conspiritor has been waging a one-man war against all governments since he first popped up about ten years ago, before he was caught by a joint operation between UNISON and unknown agents unaffiliated with the so-called Foundation for world Harmony (which i remind readers does not exist.). currently serving 99 consecutive life sentences, Conspiritor continues to write his manifestos and somehow publish them online. Conspiritor is kept alive for fear of making him a martyr, hopes of exploiting his ties to Overthrow, and the fact that he's a 'drinking buddy' of The Radical.
An occasional, if minor foe, to Captain Thunder and Troll.Coppertop - a timid yet scientist whose experiments turned him into a brutal, thuggish electrified metal monster.
The armor in question is currently being examined by AEGIS and the John Smith Society, who are equally mystified by its origins.
Cormorant - a rookie supercriminal, Cormorant's ill-timed debut came when he got in an aeriel dogfight with Red Hawk, whose bad luck broke even as the two armored theives knocked each other out of the sky. AEGIS is currently looking into exactly where Cormorant got his unique armor. The foundry is equally curious
Crashpad is primarily a foe of Minotaur from the Reserves.Crashpad - a veteran career superciminal, Crashpad's force feild reinforced exo-armor's made him a mainstay in the supercrook community as hired muscle
This doublecross was not undeserved, because Cryptolo was trying the same exact thing at the same time.Cryptolo - century station street punk turned master info-criminal. is unaware his ex-partner, Motherboard, passed along his secret cayman accounts to Freebooter, who in turn told calamity Jane of Merlin, which moved up several income brackets once they were done.
Curmudgeon is actually an advanced version of Keres intended to replace him. Talos suspects Keres himself is responsible for Curmudgeon's going awol, but cannot prove it.Curmudgeon - a prototype super-android built by the foundry that escaped and has been wandering the country thinking itself a homeless man for the past 7 years. Curmudgeon is only vaguely aware of his origins, and has no intention of being looked at like some kind of science project
Cuttlefish was a foe to Siren and an ally to the original Captain Kraken (who initially mistook him for a fellow illithian.)The Magnificent Cuttlefish - a combination folk hero/urban legend in the prison, the Cuttlefish was a d-list loser supercriminal who had himself turned into a creature not unlike captain Kraken, and went on to a fairly ignble career. what makes him a legend is that cuttlefish was the island's first public escapee, when he somehow escaped his cell and using a rudimentary jet-pack he'd built in the machine shop, flew off from the alphaville exercise yard only to plunge from a 6000 foot drop into the island waters during a tropical storm. some say cuttlefish still haunts the island waters, plotting his revenge against the prison
The Bhlaze are also the same species as the alien warlords Pyron and Voltz, though Cygnus is not on their same level of power.Cygnus - An alien warlord, Cygnus is a Bhlaze, the same race of energy-based life forms as Century Station's own Alpha Prime, making him a roughly humanoid shaped mass of energized superheated plasma. his attempt at global conquest didn't go as smoothly as with other worlds, and he's currently trapped within a special confinment matrix until he can be safely extridited to Lorspace to stand trial for his many crimes
The Deathsquad have done work for both PHANTOM and SHADOW, as well as other groups.
Deathsquad - the combination of two supervillain trios, the deathsquad is a collection of hired guns and killers, who after a pitched gun battle, found they all had much in common and were all quite willing to work together on behalf of their 'mysterious benefactor'. Deathsquad's members are:
- Doubletap - a former House of Serpents assassin who chose to strike out on his own, Doubletap realizes he's made a lot of mistakes since flying solo, and as the de facto leader of the Deathsquadf, is teaching himself to be an effective leader than a brash solo operative
- the hong kong kid - a hong Kong born master of Gun fu, the Hong Kong Kid is John woo film come to life, right down to how there always seems to be a bunch of birds taking flight somewhere when he's in the midst of a shootout as he dances gracefully and untouched while his dual weilded gold plated automatics fire in a graceful ballet of death
- Sabot & Flechette - a bonnie and clyde pair of professional mercenaries whose careers were cut short by a balkan land mine, but found new lease through the foundry Sabot (Varke gomez) got himself a suit of power armor to get around his quadrapelicness, while Flechette remade herself into an ugly yet efective full conversion cyborg
- Pointman - a hgh tech sniper's sniper, Cesar Alemandro saved up his paydays for his dream project, killing at least three heads of state at a United Nations World Summit from a mile away. he failed miserably, and was trying to flee the country when he got into theat gunfight with the rest of the gang. in fact, they seem cool enough that he plans to invite them along when he 'pays his respects' at the first World Summit after he breaks out
- Sixgun - a mtaman mercenary able to turn his six limbs into a variety of weapons, he's actually having doubts about his lifestyle, because while killing's the one thing he's good at and the money's great, its just not worth losing his family. problem is, no way the rst of the gang will let him walk away.
Demolitia was a foe to the Sentinels, who stopped her destructive rampage.
Demolitia - an embittered yet brilliant mechnical engineer who flushed a romising career down the drain when she funnelled the profits of her work into the construction of a small fleet of supervehicles to demolish her hometown in Maine, before being brought to justice. for the record, Jack Washington III has expressed interest in hiring her to Spartacorp's work-release program, impressed as he is by her sheer pettiness.
The Denizen is actually a Preserver artifact, who was secretly directed earth by the Djinn to inflict chaos and fear on Earth.
The Denizen - an alien bio-weapon, the Denizen is a nigh-unstoppable living engine of destruction by brute strength, existing only to tear down everythig it sees. coming to earth by pure chance, it took a combined effort from the freedom League, Sentinels and most of Century Station's heroes to slow its rampage, before it was 'stopped' with a temporal decelerator, slowing it so immeasurably that the creature is in stasis (Daedelus estimates it will take 500 years for the creature to finish blinking). the creature is currently stored on gramarcy island until a way can be found to get rid of it without undoing the tempral stasis
Diva has drawn the attention of various criminal groups who want to headhunt her as an agent.Diva - a powerful telepath, con artist and gold digger, Cassandra McKay has spent her adult life bending men's minds to her will by powers, charisma and stunning looks. unfortunately, when she took revenge after one of her 'entourage' jilted her for another woman, said other woman turned out to be a high-ranking AEGIS official, and Cassandra went up the river.
The Dynosaurs were never intended to work; they were just test animals used to test cloning technology supplied by SHADOW and how it would work with non humans. The fact that SHADOW released a giant mutated Allosaur on Japan shortly after the Dynosaurs debut went unnoticed by most.Dynosaurs - A team of cloned, gengineered and uplifted vaguely-humanoid dinosaurs, The Dynosaurs were more or less a PR stunt by the Genesys corporation (a subsidiarty of Grant Conglomerates), meant to lend heavy fire support to Century Station police services, who threw the Dynosaurs under the bus after the disastrous bungling of a hostage situation that left several dozen citizens dead or injured. Genesys washed their hands of the affair, and the mutant supersoldiers are now divided over where they go from here. the Dynosaurs consist of:
- Balthazar - a triceratops and team leader, Balthazaris stalwart and strong, but has a blind dedication to the law and loyalty to his creators, such that he favors serving his time like a good soldier, ad forego any attempts to clear their names
- Desdemona - a velociraptor and the teams melee specialist/scout, Desdemona wants to bust out, take revenge on those who screwed them over, then hunt wild and free like the predator she is
- Orlando - apatosaurus and demoltions. Orlando's on the fence, recognizing they've been screwed, but their escaping now would doom the rest of Genesys' dinomutants to being put down
- Iago - T-Rex, frontline fighter. tough as a rock, about as bright, and will revert to instincts without the others to help him focus. he is interested in Desdemona's urges for revenge and would like to subscribe to her pop-up book
- Portia - Ankylosaur, heavy weapons. the team's den mother, her concern for the rest of the team keeps her from supporting a jailbreak. if shechanges her mind though, she votes to break for Isla Sorna/nublar and forget the humans entirely
Epoch may be disappointed to find out that the part about him being slain after bringing the golden age was falsified by the Praetorian, who knew it would drive the driven Epoch to become a villain and thus nullify the prophecy altogether. Praetorian is a bit of a dick like that.
Epoch - a sworn foe of time travellers and magicians alike, Epoch is a time travelling sorcer of considrable power, entirely obsessed with a prophecy that claims that he shall rule the world and usher in a new age of magic, but will be slain by his greatest enemy soon after. Epoch is so obsessed with his 'destiny' that he can't see how far he's fallen, from heights of power to being little more than a jumped up serial killer.
Eyespies high tech eyes are the handiwork of the Foundry, and one of their most impressive endeavors ever.Eyespy - a common crminal cyborg, eyespy's cyber-eyes are tricked out with just about every modification one can think of, from x-ray vision to shooting lasers from his eyes. naturally, being in prison means that he's effectively blind, so he co-operates just for the chance to see again. of course, once said eyes are back online, he's gonna bust outo of there
Unknown to many, Fat Cat was an non mutated cat before becoming a crime boss in Century Station. Even more incredible was even before his uplifting Fat Cat was a criminal; engaged in numerous mysterious crimes which were thwarted by a group of heroic rodents (and a housefly), known as the Rescue Rangers. The Rangers still try and stymie Fat Cat, but are in over their head now that he's a humanoid.Fat cat - one of century stations more successful criminal financier's and info-brokers, Fat Cat's rumored origins are numerous, having claimed to be everything from a joker to an alien to a mutant housecat. but, whatever his background, Fat Cat has his finger on Century station's pulse, and while his rivals have sent him up the river, he intends to sell them out in turn to secure his freedom
Faultline is a foe to the SLJ for his numerous attacks on landmarks. He also ran afoul of Ben Tennyson and SWORD when he attacked Mt. Rushmore, unaware of the secret SWORD/Plumber base underneath it.Faultline - an incredibly powerful DNAscendent with powers of vibration and geokinesis, Faultline is utterly addicted to his powers, his career made entirely of destroying famous landmarks or holding cities for ransom.
Assuming they can get Liberator to cool his heels, SWORD will likely arrange the freedom of the Fearless.
the Fearless - a trio of alien freedom fighters against the Stellar Khanate, forced to take refuge on Earth, and had stolen high tech equipment and materials to repair their ship. the reason Alpha prime hasn't had them deported yet is because they've been very good at covering their origins. the three members of the team are:
- Liberator - is pretty sure he can bust out of here in another 2-6 weeks, and wll likely stage a mass jailbreak in the process while freeing those he feels have been wrongfully accussed
- relentless - an immortal swordslor, Relentless has realized just how badly they've screwed up here, and wants to make amends. and, if he can't go home, will be more than happy to become another of earth's superheroes
- Bravo - a Lor Mentat, Bravo blames his own gung ho attitude for getting the team caught in the first place, and is realizing that same attitude has also nearly gotten them killed too many times. as such, he's seeing the prison psychiatrist to get this dealt with
During his criminal career, Firefly befriended fello robin hooesque villain Lady Blue, and worked together several times. Blue thinks of Firefly like a second father, and was very upset by his capture, even attempting to break him out. Ironically, Firefly himself convinced her to stop, citing his desire to go straight when he gets out. Lady Blue reluctantly agreed and left.Firefly - a former Spartacorp janitor, J.D. Thompson stole an experimental battlesuit and swore revenge when he found out they were firing workers on the verge of pension. since then, he's become something of a robin hood figure, hitting only spartacorp holdings, stealing their money, but keeping only enough to live on and maintain his suit. the rest was given to charity, the church (anonymously), and people he felt had a bum deal, before he was finally arrested. over 60 and having time to think, if he gets out, Firefly plans to go straight and stick to helping people
The bomber was actually the villainous Sock Puppet, who used his mind control powers to force others to construct and send the bomb.
Flamebait - a computer technician, Simon Strane was also a vitriolic blogger and internet forum troll before one of the people he outraged decided to bite back by mailing him a bomb. anyone else would have been killed. simon strane drew his joker-ace, his body erupting in perpetual, steel-melting flames. his miserable rage given physical form, Flamebait (as quickly dubbed by MERLIN) proceeded to go on a rampage, swearing to "make them all pay."
The Fun Bunch are the creation of Mr. Hoppy, who empowered the first ten and taught them the ritual to transfer their souls into new hosts. The Fun Bunch also worked with Fear Master, but even he was too creeped out by them and fired them from his circus (think about that for a second.)
The Fun bunch - a supervillain team of psychotic killers with an 'evil circus freakshow' theme, the Fun Bunch have terrorized the continental united states for decades, with exactly 10 members at all times. when one dies, another appears to replace them in a frighteingly short amount of time. the Fun Bunch's current roster is"
- Heckler - the traditional leader of the Fun Bunch, the Hecler has seen multiple incarnations across the team. the current heckler is pretty much Joker as een in The Dark Knight, a charismatic showman with an expertise in terror and a penchant for sharp objects
- Cane & Able - the animal trainers, Cane and Able are able to assume animal forms and control minds, and are best described as a BDSM version of seigfreid and Roy, forcing innocent bystanders to act like vicious beasts
- Doctor bones - the india rubber man', Doctor bones is the longest lived of the Bunch, and is an ambush predator, sneaking off on his own to pick off his helpless prey one-by-one.
- Jojo Farenheit - the firebreather, Jojo appears to be little more than the stereotypical drunken hobo, until after a pull he lets loose a gout of fire hot enough to liquify steel in seconds. Jojo is the bunch's 'new guy', and anonymous letters addressed to him in the prison mail have implied that the Bunch replenish their ranks through kidnapping and the performance of some profane ritual.
- Punch & judy - the clowns, Punch and Judy are a pair of tough as nails brawlers who fight each other almost as much as their enemies, infighting that marks them as having the highest turnover rate in the bunch
- Sigmund Roid - the strongman, 'Roid's a joker-ace whose body is a grotesque parody of extreme bodybuilding and 90's era comic book art. Roid is also a bully, going after the weakest looking people he can find and cruelly toying them to death with hs great strength
- Sticky pete - the human fly, Sticky Pete is able to crawl walls an ensnare his foes by the glue-like substance he gives off in place of sweat or spit. curiously, Pete seems to be the only member of the bunch to express remorse for their actions
- Twinkletoes - true to her nature as the fat lady, Twinkletoes is a morbidly obse, superstrong latex 'fetish model' while giving off a distubing vaneer of perky freindliness and. worse yet, Twinkletoes is a gravity controller as well, keeping herself light as a eather while crushing those out of reach of her cripppling 'hugz' under their own magnified weight
Prior to being brainwashed, Galahad was a friend to Star Knight, recognizing she was the reincarnation of his old friend. He also tried to help Sir Gawain acclimate with the modern world, with little success.
Galahad - an immortal hero, physical paragon and adventurer, Galahad has almost always been nothing but a shining exemplar of truth and justice. that is, until he was captured and mind-controlled into thinking he was a supervillain named blackguard. although the mind control broken and proven, Galahad pled guilty to his 'crimes' at his trial, honestly believing that if he were a true hero, he wouldn't have been controlled in the first place. his being sent to Gramercy is the result of certain people making sure that Galahad will spend his term where he can do the most good (Security Cheif Ling has put Galahad in B-block as a trustee, and is not subject to any power dampeners)
Harbinger had a professional rival to Lady Tarot, and was a foe to Foreshadow (albeit not directly), In truth, it was because of Foreshadow's meddling that his clients got caught and sold him out.
Grim Harbinger - a self-described 'one man psychic hotline' to the criminal underworld, Harbinger's used his numerous psi-powers to the benefit of other crooks (with a specialty in precognitions), and this thid party apprach served him well, until some former clients sold him up the river to save their butts
A minor foe to Johnny Rocket, Harrier may join the Claremont Academy if he does end up going straight, though the SHADOW Academy also has their sights set on him.Harrier - an ace, Stuart Suycott's a kid whose first manifestation of his supersonic flight left him with a lasting fear of heights, his powers stallinng if he goes higher than 500 feet. however, htis low ceiling has allowed him to develop the precise, ground-hugging acrobatic flight style thats become his trademark. unfortunately, his attempts at being a high-speed courier got him in trouble and a three-year stint at gramercy. time will tell if this scares him straight, or of this is the first of many stays in the big house
Hazmat was also a foe of Ymir the Radioactive Viking, who helped AEGIS bring him down.
Hazmat - a hazmat cleanup worker, Arliss Core was horribly mutated during a particularly nasty cleanup, transforming him into a walking, rampaging radioactive inferno driven berserk by constant pain. cutting a swath of destruction across the southwest before being brought down by a team of AEGIS super-agents, and as part of his sentencing, is required to wear a armored containment suit, which while blocking off his powers, has the side effect of deadening his pain, making him bitter and incedibly violent. instead of a font of mindless rage
Bloodaxe is actually a creation of the late archmage Archimago, and has had numerous owners prior to the Headsman.
Headsman/Bloodreaver - a notorious magic-powered serial killer, it was recently confirmed that headsman's powers indeed come from his enchanted Axe, bloodreaver, but it was also discovered that bloodreaver is a sentient weapon. in a contraversial descision, Bloodreaver is the first enchanted weapon to be tried and convicted in a court of law
Kisentite is presently being held in Gramercy till he can be shipped out to Lorspace by SWORD.Kisentite - a rocklike alien and Lorspace Ranger assigned to earth to be partner to Alpha Prime or Star Knight, Ur-Ku-Si turned out to be as corrupt a cop as they come, extorting a hefty cut from earth and alien crooks alike. however, when his crimes were exposed, his prodigious strength, fighting ability and kinetic energy aura were no match for the two heroines.
Actually both stories are correct: Kreuzritter sent four of his super agents to Lioness with the intent to provoke her into killing them. This was revenge for all the times Lioness had opposed Kreuzritter during the war.Lioness - an immortal british FISS heroine whose illustrious career dates back to WW2, Portia Kellington was a heroine without a cause, an aimlessness which had cost her when she was lured into a battle with 4 ex-nazi supervillains, two of which she wound up killing, only to be arrested, tried and imprisoned herself in a gross miscarriage of justice, that from all appearances, she attacked and murdered 4 Thulian citizens on their American vacation. And as she sits and stews in her prison cell, the knowledge that she was so easily duped has not sat well with Lioness' depression [NOTE: in the book, this character is dubbed Britannia. name changed as we have more than a few Britannias already)
Megasaur is actually the sole result of the Preservers messing with Serpent Men DNA. After seeing the results, they sealed Megasaur and instead focused on uplifting humanity.Megasaur - colossal, eyebeam shooting serpentman and self-proclaimed "God-King of the Lemurian Primordium", whose unsuccessful attempt to conquer Mexico was thwarted by the Freedom League, and his confinement has resulted in the Initiates of the Hidden Coil establishing a prescence in Century Station, plotting to have their God-King released.
Middleman is actually a Mr. Zero copy who was exposed to some Omlevex and mutated into his own entity, losing the duplicating powers but retaining his shapeshifting, he decided to become a con man.Middleman - once thought an urban legend, the Middleman is a shapeshifting con man who who has fleeced just about everybody for the past 25 years. Middleman is currently doing solitary life sentence in C-Block, because there's over 100 inmates out in the rest of the prison who want to pay back his 'service' with a shiv in the ribs. Security Cheif Ling is also investigating any connection between middleman and the urban legend called "Mister Zero."
Honestly, even Rustbelt felt the bounty hunters pulled a dick move in threatening his kin, and has visited his family several times to make sure they are okay after their ordeal.Mire - Originaly from Louisiana, Mire (a joker-ace of living mud) eventually made his way north and became one of the minnesota's most notorious outlaws, and has a grudge with Rustbelt. however, Mire's turned himself in after a gang of bounty hunters tracked down and threatened his rather extensive family. Mire has made no secret that when he gets out, he will go after those who dared hurt his family
Obzelon is marked for death by the White Council, who have attempted to smuggle several mages into Gramercy Island to take him out. Unfortunately, since WC mages are poisonous to tech, several minor breakouts have occurred when their presence disrupts the tech holding other criminals in bondage.Obzelon - a powerful necromancer, Obzelon's MO was to kill magicians and take their dead memories before he was stopped by the Covenant. his imprisonment is to get around whatever necromantic spells will go off upon his death (such as probable lichdom)
Octagon is a foe to Divinos, and purposefully attempts to end every battle with his death to make himself stronger for the next fight. Also, despite the lofty goals of his breeders, Octagon is just a super powered thug who wants to use his powers for personal gain.
Octagon - the result of a generations long eugenics experiment to induce godlike powers, Octagon has strength and stamina similar to that of Doc Steele, but each time he dies, he comes back to life with additional powers.
The Church of Seven Thunders is convinced Pantagruel is the anti-Christ, and have petitioned for the death penalty for him several times.
Pantagruel - demonic looking Joker-ace serial killer and cannibal, styling himself after rabelais' famous literary monster/gentleman
The Prince is an old friend to Doc Steele and a backer to the Silber Agency.The Prince of Century Station - Carter Downright, wealthy man about town, billionaire playboy philanthropist, and secret financeer bent on using his staggering wealth to fund numerous superhero causes. framed for fraud by one of the middleman's schemes, between his reputation and wealth, he should be out in six months
Raptor intends to join the Circus Maximus or Xtreme! When he gets out, seeing it as perfect for his attitude.
Red Raptor - an ultraviolent egomanical grandstanding maniac, Raptor red (superhuman martial artist with energy claws was a member of the Centurions until he was kicked out for his cruelty and grandstanding, and wound up in the stir soon after
Spartacorp was behind Redline's theft and corruption (With some help from Dr. Wily, who has experience with this sort of thing.), Spartacorp is attempting to block GTU's attempts to get the bot back with red tape and corruption.
Redline - An experimental android built by Gordon Technology Unlimited, it was meant for deep space exploration before it was stolen, and repurposed as a high speed smash and grab artist. disabled by Calamity Jane and local hero speedmetal, Redline is beeing kept at gramercy until GTU can win their court case to have said property returned
The Regulators are currently being examined by AEGIS for potentially joining their Suicide Squad, a taskforce made after the breakout to hunt down and kill the villains of the Cooler.The Regulators -not to much a team as a trio of supers sharing an apartment, the regulators wound up walking into a SHADOW/PHANTOM meeting. several energy blasts later, the trio stood victorious and were arrested for breaking CS vigilantism laws. the 'membership' of the regulators is:
- Gearz - Roddy Duncan has the distinction of being australia's first combat cyborg, who'd gotten his arm replaced after he'd gotten it blown off while trying to defuse a land mine in east timor. he expected something sleek and unobtrusive, instead he got an oversized swiss army knife of a limb more suited for some kinda killbot. since coming to gramercy though, roddy's come to love his arm all the same, and won't leave gramercy without it
- Integrity - MirandaDalias is a muckraking investigative tabloid reporter whose stories have a habit of destroying peoples lives, a habit she's trying to break. she's also a closest telepathic metaman. she blames roddy and gearz for landing her in prison, but on the plus side, she's getting a book deal outof it, and some of the scandal rags she freelances for are trying to get her released
- roger Blaster - is actually an alien cyborg posing as a joker, and is theequivalent of a college grad who decides to go touring eurpe before coming home and getting a real job. as such, he fails to grasp the gravity of his situation, and regards his prison stay as we would learning our flight's been delayed
Johnny honestly feels sorry for the girl, and has visited her several times in prison, attempting to help her reform. If he succeeds, he may get a new sidekick out of the deal.Runaway - a mutant street urchin with speed to rival johnny Rocket, Runaway was caught during an AEGIS raid on a Gene Nation cell.
Savage Fury has already made friends in the Crime Union, who eagerly anticipate his release.Savage fury - college student sergio molinari was mutated into a hulking brute by a malfunctioning physics experiment conducted by his rommate, which got him expelled, disowned, and eventually a drunken brawl that destroyed the bar and put the newly dubbed Savage fury in Gramercy Island since the prison's opening. he'll be out in two years, but unfortunately, prison's hardened him and he'll be going full supervillain from hereon out
There is actually a movement to get Salibrius out on good behavior. Led by, of all people, Divinos. Who visited the demon in prison and, sensing his sincerity and consulting with Zauriel to discover there is precedent for it, wants to help Scalibrius in his endeavors. If Divinos is successful, he plans to invite Scalibrius into the Patriots.
Scalibrius - An archdevil from the chinese hell, Scalibrius the repentant is a Risen devil, a demonic entity weary of evil and looking to become a force for good, petioning Mister Hoppy to be sent to earth. the lagomorphic luciferian agreed to this (and has a bet with Mister Infamy on wether scalibrius can achieve his redeption), and placed certain rules upon the feind that will protect him from hell's reprisal so long as he obeys them. For this reason, Scalibrius is currently doing 100 years for shoplifting, which may be extended to 1000 years for the murders he confessed to after his arrest and questioning by police, pending cold case investigation. what scalibrius does not know is that he's inspired his former minions, who are presently looking for ways to bust him out of the joint, without violating the laws of man or hell in the process
Often a foe to Siren.Seamount - aquatic water controlling eco terrorist with ties to zero latitude
Shatterhands is also a foe to the Tomorrow Society. When he gets out, he plans to join PHANTOM out of spite.Shatterhand - a high ranking member in Gene Nations american network with a destructive touch, Shatterhand's cell ratted him out for clemency in the wake of the "Freshman terror" event
The Slaughterhouse Seven have battled the Freedom League, the patriots, and the Sentinels prior to imprisonment.The Slaughterhouse Seven: one of the most powerful and deadly supervillain teams of the past decade, the Slaughterhouse Seven were each villains nasty enough on their own to be imprisoned in the Cooler prior to when they all first met during the Breakout, and since joined forces for a multinational terror spree that required multiple hero teams to bring them in for justice
- Colonel Chaos - a renegade AEGIS supersoldier, Colonel Chaos was created in the same experiments that made Apex, and was even a member of the Centurions before he went rogue. a paragon of physical ability, it's his monstrous will that keeps the Slaughterhouse Seven together. Ironicly, one of the things that's keeping him off of death row is that his blood may hold the key to undoing Apex's life-threatening condition.
- Crazyface - a freakish insane monster of a joker ace, the best way to describe Crazyface is "tazmanian devil played grimdark", a bloodthirsty incoherent whirlwind of carnage, who lives only to destroy and consume. in fact theonly 'leash' the seven have on Crazyface is that he apparently thinks Colonel Chaos is God.
- Doubletalk - a two-headed Joker-ace, Doubletalk's a violent pychopath, super-tough and both heads can fire devastating sonic screams and a former member of Gene Nation before joining forces with Colonel Chaos
- Headstrong - a NAscendant, Headstrong is pretty much a Smashface wannabe. unfortunately, he's a very strong smashface wannabe
- Psychotrope - a flamboyantly sadistic psionist, Psychotrope is another scion of the Medina family, whose horrible actions are a a way to get out from the gigantic shadow of his more powerful and infamous cousin, Menton
- Serpentina - a Scion of the serpent Queen herself, Serpentina has acted as her mothers champion and agent of murder and destruction. unlike the others, she has no wish to escape.... at least not until she has a chance to meet and mate with Megasaur, and achieve apotheosis so she might shed her human skin once and for all.
- Warmonger - an extradimensional, self-aware technomagical war machine, Warmonger was sent to earth to scout it for invasion, and has ruled Earth too hostile for invasion. since then, it chose to remain on earth and slaughter alongside the Seven, mostly because it CAN...
Many originally believed Solar Scarab was the reincarnation of the silver age Scarab, but in truth he was empowered by a ritual Overshadow conducted on him in secret, with the hopes of defaming his old rival. The attacks by SHADOW were just to inform the deception. Of course, now that he's been exposed, Overshadow has dropped the whole thing and forgot about his creation. Solas Scarab knows nothing of this.
Solar Scarab - a mystic, light controlling egyptian hero, its small surprise Solar Scarab's career was marked with frequent run-ins with SHADOW, at least until it became clear he was a raging egomaniac and sellout, on top of his tendency towards lethal force. but, despite his victories and a crack PR team, his 15 minutes of fame ran out and he was forced out of the public eye... that is, until he snapped and in a fit of rage, murdered the next superheroic flavor of the month. sentenced to 20 years for temporary insanity, and while somewhat remorseful for his actions, intends to bust out of prison and join up with the pantheon
Siphon has been targeted by the Foundry, who want to study his powers and use them to upgrade Keres.The Terrible Siphon - horatio grimley. janitor, with a part time job as human guinea pig for less than ethical concerns. until one of the experiments he was in left him with the power to steal the powers of other supers. with deusions of grandeur, the newly dubbed siphon, tried to be a criminal mastermind, but instead touched off a gang war that was one of the worst in the city's history. for his part in events, siphon got a sentence of 50 years, but having cut a deal with the prison research staff, he'll be out in 5
Spinnerette may be related to another villain known as the Spider Witch, who is another Spider joker and mystic in Australia.Spinnerette - a joker with spider-like abilities and countenance, Spinnerette is an amoral, sociopathic serial killer who thinks herself much like what she resembles. Spinnerette, if she escapes, has made no secret that she will hunt down and consume the two pretenders to her name
There is actually a grass roots movement to release Stalwart early, though even if its successful he will probably willingly fill out sentence.Stalwart - a fallen superhero (FISS package), Stalwart went on a brutal crime-fighting campaign on the villains behind the ambush that wiped out his team, the ultranauts, although since his capture and imprisonment he recognizes the disaster was as much his own fault, finally realizing his attitude as a megalomaniacal control freak. truly repentant and disgraced, he'll make parole in about ten years
A foe to Captain Thunder and Siren.Stratosfear - a wind controlling mutant, jared stradler had a psychotic break when his family was killed by a tornado, prompting a destructive rampage through the american midwest
Triskelion has worked with the Covenant and White Lotus in the past, and is also a foe to the Black Hand and Pact.Triskelion - former interpol agent naomi desjardins was chosen by a secret order of magicians to become a supernatural protector and monster hunter. and to her credit, she made some of Century Station's worst neighborhoods safer before she was arrested for vigilantim, resisting arrest and violation of the CS superhero registration laws (she'll be out in 3 years). Ironicly, the mystic wards used to keep her powers inactive during her incarceration have tipped her off to the labyrinth's involvement
Was a foe to Raven prior to incarceration.Twilight - a darkness controller, Twilight's made his career as a theif, spy and sabatour for hire, in addition to his side career as an international art theif. despite interrogation and the advice of his lawyers, twilight refuses to divulge the location of his 'personal collection'
A foe to Siren.Undine - no relation the Bestiary's femme fatale, Undine's power is to control water and become a living water elemental. a thrillseeker whose antics have gotten hundreds injured, Undine's first stretch in the joint is twisting her to a foul temper, and her crimes will be far worse when she gets out
When they do get out, they will most likely be set up as the Century Station directors of the Foundry, who are impressed by them staying under his radar as long as they did.Workshop - a team of freelance hardware experts who'd set themselves up as an independent alternative to the foundry for illegal technology services (IE: arms dealing). ironicly, it wasn't the foundry who shut them down, but a client who got caught and squealed.
- Hairtrigger - Mike "mad Dog" MacCafferty is a gunsmith, gun-toting lowlife and urban mercenary, often using the latter to drum up business for the Worshop, and of course did all the violent grunt work such as deliveries and collecting from deadbeats.
- Overdrive a former Mechanic and getaway driver, Boris Grickle turned wholly to engineering after a specacular, nearly fatal crash. at this point, all he wants to to just get back in a machine shop.
- Archimedes a flat out supergenius, Archimedes has the talent and general hatred of the world at large to be recruited by the Foundry
Xenomancer is also a foe to Adrian Eldrich and the Covenant. When he discovers the fate of his world, he will likely join the Pact.
Xenomancer - an alien wizard, Xenomancer claims to be the dark lord of his home reality, who came to our world to add it to his domains, before getting his butt handed to him by the Demon Rider. Xenomancer plans to return to his reality and bring back a massive invasion out of pure spite, unaware it has since been consumed by the Terminus
Zeerod Quad - a self-duplicating thug for hire
Lioness - an immortal british FISS heroine whose illustrious career dates back to WW2, Portia Kellington was a heroine without a cause, an aimlessness which had cost her when she was lured into a battle with 4 ex-nazi supervillains, two of which she wound up killing, only to be arrested, tried and imprisoned herself in a gross miscarriage of justice, that from all appearances, she attacked and murdered 4 Thulian citizens on their American vacation. And as she sits and stews in her prison cell, the knowledge that she was so easily duped has not sat well with Lioness' depression [NOTE: in the book, this character is dubbed Britannia. name changed as we have more than a few Britannias already)
Actually both stories are correct: Kreuzritter sent four of his super agents to Lioness with the intent to provoke her into killing them. This was revenge for all the times Lioness had opposed Kreuzritter during the war.
Kreuzritter wrote:The Thulian government has also expresses their deeepest regrets over this debacle, horrified as they were that Nazi war criminals had been insinuated within the citizenry
the 2 surviving criminals who survived the Lioness' attack have since had their citizenship revoked, their properties and finances seized, and been thrown to the wolves of the international criminal court.
His majesty, King Ernst Rauchenberger, better known to the western world as Kreuzritter, issued statements that while the western wrld views Thulian culture and politics as 'enlightened Nazi', he has gone to great lengths to ensure that his nation will never be ruled by the Adolf Hitler's legacy of hate and madness, and has vowed the Lioness will be regarded as a heroine for ridding the world of two monsters who had escaped justice for too long
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests