Century station, part 2
Amazing Grace - a professional stage magician, escape artist and daredevil, Nicola Geausecu adopted the amazing grace identity to take back the streets of her hometown from the street gangs and mobsters who are choking the life out of it, while at the same time cultivating fallibility so that she can continue to be delibrately taken captive, all the better to escape her bonds so she can take down hideouts from the inside-out
Bogeyman - an urban legend, the Bogeyman was a gun-toting vigilante who with non-lethal, trick ammunition, ruled the worst parts of town long ago, before even the Daedelus reactor, until at some point he presumably hung up his guns on account of age. years later, there have been reports that the boogeyman is back, but instead of pistols, he used unnatural powers and lethal force to strike terror into the hearts of criminals.
The Centurions - Century Station's Largest and best known superteam, the Centurions are supposed to represent the absolute best and brightest heroes Century Station has to offer. And to a large extent, they are. but the truth is they are champions who are willing to tow the line and follow orders such as the Hero Act, making them well meaning and unwitting flunkies to the slightly Orwellian CHIMERA, and are the unwitting pawns of Taurus to re-assert his control over Century Station. That said, they are unquestionably dedicated to upholding what law and order remains in Century Station, and recently announced a recruiting drive to shore up their ranks. current roster includes:
- Apex - the Leader of the Centurions, Javier Ortega volunteered for a supersoldier program that gave him superhuman strength, stamina, reflexes, charisma and a healing factor, which he supplements in battle with a jetpack and blast gauntlets. Intense and stoic, Apex has sacrificed anything resembling a personal life to his efforts to save Century Station, a price compounded by the discovery that his own powers have given him an inoperable cancer, leaving him 5 years to live. this has only gotten him to redouble his efforts, and to do as much good as he can with the time he has left.
- Alpha Prime - an enigmatic alien avenger, Alpha Prime is a Bhlaze, a race of energy based beings who generate and control firey plasma energy, can take corporeal form and champion the causes of good throughout the galaxy. Unfortunately, in her case, good does not mean nice. Alpha Prime is cold, distant, self-righteous and incapable of bending the law for any one or anything, such that she's tried to have various alien heroes extradited offworld, including Divinos.
- Durandal - Phineas Tenpenny was just the mousy, out of shape assistant curator to the Century Station museum until the day he found the enchanted sword Durandal, which when weilded turns him into a heroic demigod, the latest incarnation of an eternal champion of truth and justice
- Haven - Iain Mackenzie was a wealthy, skirt chasing playboy with a hobby in archeology, until one day on a dig in scotland, , he opened the tomb of a faerie Queen, who deemed him worthy of bearing the gifts of her clan, allowing him to transform into a heroic demigod of strength. in the decades since, the now 75 year old Iain has grown more comfortable in his role as an immortal champion than as a wealthy aristocrat, and in the near future, may stop being human altogether, and be only the eternally young Haven.
- Iron Lotus - a warrior monk from Shamballa Vale, Iron Lotus has been a champion for good throughout her seven and one half centuries of life, her immortality a 'gift' from her nemesis, the wizard Xian Long, that she would never die so long as he lived, knowing her morals are so strong she would never take a human life. centuries of battles between them later, Iron Lotus has tracked him to Century Station, and has joined the Centurions so their resources will aid her search.
- Leviathan - A serbian-born metaman with an aquatic appearance, Djole Karamovic is the team's 'fish guy', able to thrive underwater, swim at incredible speeds, 'see' by sonar and similatr 'useless' traits, but he can also become a whale-sized giant, making him the team's powerhouse. an angry young man who loves the ocean, leviathan has been secretly swimming out to sea and personally sinking/capsizing whaling ships.
- Psynapse - a canadian farmboy turned stockboker, Gerry Heinz felt the best way to use his newly found psychic powers was to cheat a major Century Station casino. when he was caught, he was offered achoice: four years in prison, or join the Centurions and work for CHIMERA. to his surprise, Psynapse has found that superheroics are indeed his life's calling, even if he remains the team's lovable scoundrel
- Spartacus - a CSPD officer and mech jockey, Jason Stickley's life changed when he participated in a raid on a Foundry facility that had Talos himself in attendence. his own mech disabled in the firefight, Jason wound up using a device that transferred his mind into one of the prototype warbots the foundry was working on, and slaved the others to his will, turning the tide against the foundry, but not before talos killed his human body, trapping him forever within his robotic shell. to his credit, Jason refused to let his new existence drive him mad, before his freinds, family and fiancee rejected him as an abomination. shattered, he abandoned his old identity and became Spartacus, robot hero and member of the centurions, while secretly fearing that one day, his lost humanity will indeed drive him to the depths of cyberpsychosis.
- Whiz Kid - the team's newest member, 18 year old supergenius and self-made multimillionaire inventor, Damien Latrell applied his gadgets towards crimefighting at first for the thrill and to rub elbows with the real superbeings, then after joining the Centurions, realizing he could be a positive role model for america's black and inner city youths.
Cyan & Indigo - a brother and sister duo of costumed adventurers/martial artists tabitha and isiah stone are heroes in the mold of the Raven and Black Wing, taking the fight to street gangs and organized crime by striking swiftly from and fading back into the all-concealing shadows
Gauntlet - Gareth colt, a mercenary who will take any job, who was hired by an anonymous patron to feild test a suit of power armor any way he desered, other than criminal acts. sensing opportunity, he came to Century station as a high priced bounty hunter, but after a while, came to stop caring about the money and dedicated himself to getting the bad guys off the streets, to the point that he's officially made an enemy of CHIMERA in his one-man war
Gridrunners - every city seems to have its own team out outlaw heroes, and the Gridrunners are Century Station's, moreso than other legionnaires because they're wrongly accused as copkillers, and have had the ill fortune that most of their heroic deeds since have gone mostly unnoticed. but, slowly but surely, public opinion is changing, as rumor and word of mouth spreads that these three have perhaps gotten a raw deal, and really are just heroes who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. the Gridrunners consist of:
- Hardhand - a homeless Joker-ace runaway, Vanessa Wright's turn gave her superstrength and toughness, but at the cost of a thick bio-armor plating that's gradually covering her entire body. true to the gridruner's luck, Hardhand became a member of the tomorrow Society the day before the Society were forced to flee the US
- Gigawatt - an electricity Gestalt and med school washout, Wubba Jones is a struggling actor and self-absorbed jerk, but his heart really is in the right place. besides, chicks dig the whole outlaw hero thing
- Scatter - an escaped bioengineered construct with stretching powers who looks and moves like a cheap claymation puppet, Scatter's an inherently good person at heart who struggles between his desire to help others and an overwhelming sense of self-preservation, the result of his traumatic upbringing and escape from his creators
Iron Brigade - the brainchild of the retired gadgeteer hero Mr Fixit, the Iron brigade are a squad of power armored heroes who bring justice, law and order to the absolute worst sections of the city, heroes who strike baance between the methods of the Cavaliers (whom fixit considers lacking the guts to get down and dirty), and legionaires (whom he considers trigger-happy yahoos). the Iron Brigade consists of: Hoplite (feild leader), Rolling Thunder (heavy weapons/mobile fire suppression), Aegis (scout/defensive combat), Warhead (artillery/support), and Citael (scout/stealth). sadly, Citadel and Warhead are on the verge of jumping ship with their armors and becoming mercenaries and supercriminals themselves
Hooligan - Junkyard manager roscoe storm lost his mind when gangs crashed his fathers funeral, stole everything that wasn't nailed down and on fire, and causing his mother's fatal heart attack. scrounging together a small arsenal, and makeshift armor, the Hooligan has declared himself judge, jury and executioner, and has even gone after those authorities he regards as corrupt.
Kincave the Fightin' Parrot! - exactly what it says on the business cards, Kincave's a mutant parrot turned gun-toting vigilante/hero for hire, even if he's a wanted outlaw in the eyes of the CSPD and CHIMERA, but there's a growing opinion he's a hero in the rough, on the run for all the wrong reasons
The Schwa - Julius Montenegro both lost his mind and broke out when his father walked free from the cold-blooded murder of his wife and Julius' mother, granting him incredible strength, dexterity and some say the devil's own luck, which gets him into trouble as often as it gets him out. but as said, he went insane and fled into the streets, before emerging the motormouthed Homeless crazy hero, the Schwa!
Sector Squad a trio of sponsored super-agents assigned to Century Station, consisting of Pegsus (speedster), Manticore (powerhouse), and [i]Dragonel (blaster). they are tough, capable and professional, and are a well oiled machine of highly trained commandos of few words
Speedmetal - an Ace and teen hero, 16-year old Kyle Harvey got a 'double down', not only having supersonic speed, but able to transform his body into superstrong, nigh invulnrable living metal. he'd love to attend a place like Claremont academy, maybe even join the centurions once he gets out of high school, but he's still trying to break the news to his parents, who are only just starting to suspect there's something going on with their son.
Troubleshooter - curtis Drucker is perhaps the single best private eye in the city. mosty through his knowledge of the city and the experience of growing up in one of the single worst neighborhoods, but also because the other guys don't have his psychic powers. just there are some days he REALLY wishes he wasn't such a sucker for hard-luck cases, hot dames or cute kids
The Valkyries - an all female superteam specialising in fighting upscale supercrime, the Valkyries came together because they found they worked well together. unfortunately, the Valkyries' choice of missions bring them into frequent conflict with the Centurions, much as both teams would prefer to work together in saving the city. the ValKyries consist of:
- Elite - a highly skilled and secretive superspy, Elite knows almost nothing of her past, only that she has not forgotten her training, and that when she first came to century station after recovering in a distant hospital when she first awoke, she wound up compelled to kill a specific number of particularly vile supervillains. Since then she's dedicated herself to cleaning up Century Station, and trusts NOBODY outside of the Valkyries, especially the city's council of Industry (IE: the puppets of the Labyrinth). fortunately, the Valkyiries are now too popular for the Labyrinth to simply 'dispose of'.
- Avatar - the head of her own security agency, Priya singh is a capable martial artist and metaman able to shroud herself in a shapeshifting suit of bioarmor. despite this, she is not a hothead, and is a strong team player while using her company to fund the team
- Bombshell - Quantum physicist Miranda Ukembe first came to Century Station to work on the Daedelus Reactor, and she theorizes that exposure to the reactor's ambient energy output were what triggered her own considerable energy manipulation powers, which barely see more use than her brainpower as the team's resident supergenius
- Earth Angel - Sandra Durant was going to die from her injuries in a car accident, until she recieved a vision of a fallen angel who'd been punished to wander the earth to make up for her sin of arrogance, but lacked the corporeal form to do so, until she and sandra agreed to become one. thus were Sandra's injuries healed, and she became the holy champion that is Earth Angel, soon after finding an enchanted sword and shield left for her. What Sandra does not know is that her vision was anything but holy, and that she's a bargainer who will one day rise from the grave as a superdead
- Heartbreaker - the team's loose cannon, Alyssa Green's a tempermental and impulsive daredevil whose attitude had gotten her in and kicked off the Centurions in about a day, in spite of her superhuman dextierty and skill at unarmed combat
- Palladium - Darcy Call was a Century Station police officer until a gang ambush laid her low at an industrial metals depository. she fall back from her injuries onto a block of Palladium, particles of which interacted with her bloodstream, tranforming her into a FISS heroine. realizing she'd been set up with no way to prove it, Darcy resigned from the force to become a full time super, and now serves as the powerhouse and second in command of the Valkyries
The Victorian - the most impeccably dressed of vigilantes and deadliest man alive with his sense of style and manners, the victorian strolls the city streets in his suit, derby, mask, monocole and sword cane in search of "the assorted ruffians whom I hope to convince to abandon their wayward behaviour post-hate. Sadly, I feel I'll be forced to issue them a sound thrashing, I'm afraid."