Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Voltron64 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Now that I think about it, how common and developed is inter-dimensional travel in Earth-0?
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Y'know, I'm thinking that since Dr. Justice and Sailor Cosmos were brought over to the Strange Visitors universe that I ought to bring Dr. Justice's crew from that universe to Earth 0. What say you all?

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:23 pm

MightyDavidson wrote:Y'know, I'm thinking that since Dr. Justice and Sailor Cosmos were brought over to the Strange Visitors universe that I ought to bring Dr. Justice's crew from that universe to Earth 0. What say you all?
Well copies of them were but if you want to say otherwise and it's the real thing, g'head.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:24 pm

MightyDavidson wrote:Y'know, I'm thinking that since Dr. Justice and Sailor Cosmos were brought over to the Strange Visitors universe that I ought to bring Dr. Justice's crew from that universe to Earth 0. What say you all?
Nah, let's keep 'em seperate.

Plus, what do I think of my idea of Super Dragon Ten and Sailor Cosmos: Crime-Fighting Duo?

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
Well copies of them were but if you want to say otherwise and it's the real thing, g'head.
I know those versions of Dr. Justice and Sailor Cosmos were copies but that world had it's own Dr. Justice, albeit one who went evil. So it seems logical to me that Earth 0 would have it's own versions of the crew Dr. Justice's copy had in that world, just as alternate versions of Phoenix Force Seven and various members of the Order have cropped up in other worlds.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Voltron64 wrote:
Nah, let's keep 'em seperate.

Plus, what do I think of my idea of Super Dragon Ten and Sailor Cosmos: Crime-Fighting Duo?
I like it. As for keeping the Strange Visitors universe and Age of Wonders universe seperate, well in my opinion that kinda went out the window when copies of Dr. Justice and Sailor Cosmos ended up there.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:50 am

Voltron64 wrote:Now that I think about it, how common and developed is inter-dimensional travel in Earth-0?
Interdimensional travel is only handled by the governments of Earth, who are trying to keep it under wraps. The problem is that a no-frills interdimensional transportation unit costs about 40,000 Celestial Commerce Guild credits while an actual Millennium Falcon-like ship just costs only about 125,000 new.

It makes it hard to keep a hold on these things.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 am

I wasn't intending to pop in today, but I seem to have done so anyway out of pure shock at the horrible, UGLY fate of that ill-starred first incarnation of The Esoteric Superheroes; in a word Yeesh.

Not least because 'Messiah' lost one of the major pillars supporting his heroic career in the worst possible way; I can only wonder what happened to their child and hope, hope ...

As for keeping the Strange Visitors universe and Age of Wonders universe seperate, well in my opinion that kinda went out the window when copies of Dr. Justice and Sailor Cosmos ended up there.
If I might submit my thoughts on the matter, I'd like to keep them neighbouring-yet-seperate settings, if only because Strange Visitors deserves to be expanded upon further at some point (also, won't the setting rather miss some of it's most prominent heroes?); however a brief crossover seems entirely plausible AND a potentially interesting story waiting to be told (not to mention the appropriateness of that team becoming Strange Visitors to Earth-0 rather than full-time transplants).

Voltron, the idea of Super Dragon X and Sailor Cosmos teaming up to fight Crime seems highly-appropriate, although I suspect that poor Captain Carpenter is going to feel still more and more like the straight man in the middle of the further madness likely to ensue upon Super Dragon Punch 0 showing up on Daedalus II (now that I think on it, it's a wonder the poor man and his crew can keep it together in the face of the sheer looniness - Space Opera is one thing, but The Outrageous Order is quite another!).
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:26 am

The Esoterrics self-destruction has been a rather epic example to the rest of the world that the superhero lifestyle can have a determental effect to even well-established heroes. Red Riding Hood's corruption has also left a deep hole in the heart of Mister Arcane, his ex-wife's corruption and transformation into an undead beauty being something which affects him deeply.

On the other hand, there's a small benefit to all this as the Esoterrics actions have more or less canceled the Apocalypse. The Titans plan to destroy the world in 2013 has, as you can probably guess, been indefinitely postponed and now they're more or less stuck in the Titanverse. The barriers are weaker than they used to but aren't getting any weaker. Of the 666 seals placed on them by the Archons, the remainder are staying strong at 111.

The fact there's several dead Titans and numerous Lieutenants have also permanently weakened the organization. Belial's "major dormo" Axis Mundi (who else would be controlling him?) has even lost control over Toronto, Canada with the Esoterrics exposing him. Action Survivor also has started showing signs he may return from his service in the High Aeons due to his training by Marduk in how to be a TRUE HERO.

He's since become a Trickster hero. Look at how he took down Axis Mundi's computer network!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoOOpLpcF28

(I know it's been done but it's a great clip)

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:34 am

The Esoterrics Revised part 3

Druidess: Wendy Searson is the sister of Mster Arcane and their resident heavy-hitter when it comes to witchcraft, though Pyrokinesis is rapidly coming up behind her. Wendy is a practitioner of Celtic Druidism and is a teacher of a pacifist philosophy (though she doesn't apply this to demons or the undead). Formerly the leader of the Wands, she graduated to full-blown heroism with the realization that Red Riding Hood had turned to evil. Druidess is notable for her antagonistic relationship with Brigid Moonchild due to being a worshiper of the goddess Brigid but absolutely REFUSING to believe they're the same person.

A lesbian, Wendy Searson has recently begun a relationship with Final Girl. Final Girl is uncomfortable with the realization of her inclinations as well as a general disdain for emotional intimacy. Despite that, they're getting extremely close and the two have managed to weather the storm of numerous ill-fortunes.

Final Girl: The tough-talking, chain-smoking, brutal warrior of a survivor has fallen in love. This is something Rebecca Chamberlain feels tremendous guilt over due to the fact it's happened in the wake of tremendous tragedy. Doctor Laramis was a father to her and his death has left her profoundly bitter. The fact she was Red Riding Hood's biggest supporter throughout her tenure as team-leader and drove away both Action Survivor and Dreamer bothers her more than she'd ever admit. Final Girl would dearly like to bond with the New Esoterrics as much as she did with the old team but can't bring herself to do so. She secretly believes she's too damaged to make things work and will only cause her friends disappointment.

Despite this, she's succeeded in gaining a certain measure of confidence due to finally having a breakdown fight with her Uncle where she achieved a measure of closure.
*WARNING - Gratituous Jamie Lee Curtis with an ax action* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0JHjzFVISY

Even if he returns, she's reasonably certain that was the REAL one.
Hell Dragon: Lucien Drake was uncomfortable with the peace at the Tomorrow Academy and, honestly, glad when he was teleported offworld. The fact Madame Tomorrow made it clear in no uncertain terms she'd prefer the perpetual love-triangle between Angel Girl, herself, and Black Wing II (with some question to which she loved) than ever letting him have a chance with her. The irony is that he's probably the only person in the Nexus who remembers the heroic Alexander Timons. At least, aside from comic book readers of HED! on Earth-0.

The fact people confused him with a comic book character has resulted in Lucien adopting a different "look" on Earth-0, falling back on the couple of centuries he spent fighting the Vikings during a time travel stint. Covering himself in dragon tatoos, going shirtless, and breathing fire--he's actually improved his reputation tremendously as the "hell" part gets ignored more often than not. In addition to being the leader of the Esoterrics, he's become a "blood brother" to Berserker and the two often go on EPIC adventures together.

Hell Dragon has begun a "friends with benefits" relationship with Brigid Moonchild while also starting a relationship with a vampiress. Which has helped tie him permanently to Earth-0. He's not sure he's interested in returning to his homeworld anymore, especially since this might be the planet he could actually stage an attack on Belial's realm to finally kill him.
Axis Mundi is, notably, TERRIFIED of Hell Dragon because he's one of the few beings on Earth-0 who can kill him permanently. Worse, he knows that Hell Dragon will be able to find the spark of Belial's power inside him--power which would give Hell Dragon the strength to become a full-blown Demon Prince.
Lucien Drake's relationship with the other heroes on Earth-0 ranges from disdain to friendly rivalry. For many of the younger ones (and Legendary Iron Phoenix), it's as if Ghost Rider or Wolverine stepped off the funny pages to start kicking butt. For him, Lucien thinks of himself as far more experienced than everyone else and in need of his leadership. He particularly dislikes Mister Arcane, the two rubbing each other the wrong way. Despite this, he has immense respect for the wizard and consults with him when they need something miraculous done.

Innocent: The team's resident Pollyanna. The Innocent's revelation of being a creation of Mister Carnae destroyed her reputation and she's still a marked woman but the friendships she acquired on East Panya have given her the strength to continue fighting evil. The fundamentalist Christian girl comes off as a little "odd" to the people of Grimmsbrooke, MA but still does everything she can to be a force for good. Maria Theresa Baras normally would have acquired an edge due to all the horrors she's faced but has actually decided to double down on her sweetness as a counter to the terrible things the Esoterrics fight. Given the rest of the team is almost completely composed of antiheroes, it's kind of an odd mix. The Innocent has recently heard of the Mysterious Jedi's corruption and is debating going back to New York (where they have a "shoot on sight" order for her) to try to help him.

Brigid Moonchild: The Celtic Goddess finds the Esoterrics an endless source of amusement. The brutal, hard-drinking, hard-fighting, cattle-stealing beserker makes no attempt to hide her identity and rides around the world on the back of a rainbow horse goddess. Really, the rest of the Esoterrics consider her to be quite strange but have found her willing to risk the Titanverse itself to protect them.

Like most Aeons on Earth, she is present to fight the Titans but carries nothing but contempt for the High Aeons. She believes them to have forgotten their role as protectors of humanity and has an especial dislike for Marduk, more or less because she believes he should know better. Unlike most Aeons, she does not seek out worshipers but still responds to prayers devoted to "her." Which can be quite surprising for Neo-pagans who worship a very different sort of goddess.

Brigid is currently seeing both Hell Dragon and Mister Arcane, which amuses many ex-girlfriends of the two lady-killers. Her husband, Bres, is someone she's actively hunting. Mostly, because she wants to kill him and mount his head on a pike.

Pyrokinesis: Drew Searson, as she now styles herself, has aged to roughly seventeen years old and looks less like Drew Barrymoore and more like a trenchcoat-wearing moody Michelle Tratchenberg. The bookish student of Mister Arcane, she's managed to master her powers and is now capable of fighting the Titans with fire hot enough to burn their immortality away. She's also capable of summoning "Espers" that appear to be beings of the Aetherium that should have long ago died. These are just some of her newly expanded powers. A quiet and reserved sort, she doesn't involve herself in most of the teams' drama.

Drew Searson has developed a rather surreal prejudice, however. Despite being surrounded by witches and wizards, she genuinely believes that they're a threat to mankind. As a result, she tends to deploy maximum levels of force against those who use their powers to harm humans.Drew is also obsessed with killing Mister Carnae, not because of any abuse she suffered at his hands (though there was an incident she won't talk about) but as a means of repaying Mister Arcane for his kindness.

Drew Searson has fallen in love with Talbot despite his current hideous and quasi-demonic state. The age-difference as well his own self-hatred has resulted in Talbot moving away from her in revulsion. Drew Searson, herself, doesn't see what the big deal is since she's faced more problems than most military veterans.
Talbot: Just when his condition was stabilizing, Talbot was kidnapped again and subjected to even worse experiments by the Centre. Talbot has now become trapped in a body which is more machine now than man with his insides replaced with clockwork, alien-DNA twisting his existence, and other horrible body-horrors. Talbot has taken to covering his face with a gas-mask twenty-four seven and wearing a bulky military uniform that renders him something straight out of a nightmare. Despite this, he has not yet contemplated suicide but is more focused on simply carrying out his duty as best he can. It's his hope, rather than his intention, that something will eventually kill him.

Talbot's reaction to Drew's "crush on him" is far more extreme than it would be normally. Having starved himself for any form of human contact, a part of him would dearly like to return her feelings. This revolts him as, despite the time dillation, he remembers her as a little girl. He believes she deserves a chance at a normal life and has been deliberately rude to her in hopes she will abandon him.

Talbot's tank-like strength has been enhanced to the point he's about as powerful as the Thing. He routinely spars with Deathseeker, the hockey-mask wearing superhuman, ironically being someone to teach him about the merits of never giving up hope.

Witchbreed and Zed: The two finally managed to overcome their differences and have gotten married. Witchbreed has abandoned her magical studies to take up Detective work in the meantime, the Goth having discovered a little too much of magic's dangers when she started experimenting with Mister Carnae's spellbook.

Witchbreed is also projecting a lot of her guilt onto magic due to the number of terrible things she did on behalf of Red Riding Hood while serving as her second-in-command. Zed, by contrast, cares little about that and is simply happy to be re-uinted with his lady love. Neither particularly like Hell Dragon, considering him a newcomer, but have deferred to his judgement anyway. They've also taken to living a semi-normal life in Grimmsbrooke outside of the team.

They aren't sure but are considering retiring if they start a family, unaware that said option won't be available once the monsters find out.
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Diabolical Core!

Post by Libra » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:48 am

The Jungle Giant: Adopted brother of Strongman, a member of the intelligent apelike tribe which raised him, but gifted with phenomenal powers due to exposure to a radioactive meteor. Resents his "weakling, pink-skinned brother" and seeks to replace him as champion and master of the civilized world.
Despite his name - amongst the singular People who raised Strongman, 'Aggro' is no more or less remarkable a name than 'Max' amongst our own and means roughly the same thing - The Jungle Giant was not a particularly aggressive sort at first; the civilisation he grew up as a part of was closer to Planet of the Apes than to The Mangani from Tarzan of the Apes and he was regarded as a youth of promise amongst them to such a degree, in fact, that Strongman took first to the wilds and then to the Outside World in a quest to make a name for himself outside the long shadow of his elder brother.

The problem as it would emerge once The Jungle Giant's rescue mission in search of his missing sibling accomplished that mission and was turned into a diplomatic one, was that Strongman and the hairless primates amongst whom he was making such a mighty reputation rather brought out the worst in The Jungle Giant - less because he despised them than because he consistently underestimated their strengths and their potential, in the manner of a condescending elder to a younger brother.

At first he tried to reason with his little brother that it was time to finish with this business and come home, then gradually he began to make efforts to demonstrate how Strongman could finish the whole business PROPERLY and in the end he discovered that he enjoyed playing champion TOO MUCH TO STOP, a discovery that (coupled with his period of captivity after his increasingly brutal efforts as a crime-fighter went thoroughly unappreciated) unleashed an ugly passion for Domination and Victory quite distinct from the rugged but relatively civilised doctrine of Primacy advocated by his people (a little like a cross between Vulcan Logic and The Law of the Jungle from Kipling).

He has been attempting to prove himself to be THE Mightiest Hero Earth could ever ask for ever since (not to mention remove any competition for the post in single combat or avenge past defeats), a struggle which became rather more of an uphill one after the debut of Captain Adventure - who was roughly equal to either brother in strength and more powerful to boot (he can fly, shoot lightning etc) - which is what drove The Gorilla Goliath to join forces with the Diabolical Dozen, looking for reinforcements to help his exact his vengeance on the Heroic Community that continues to outstrip him.

Inveterately competitive, The Jungle Giant continues to enjoy a reputation so mixed that people seldom raise a hair when he moves from anti-hero to anti-villain and back again, although when his friendships with The Diabolical Dozen drags him back to work with them, the natives of E-38 are more than wise enough to assume the worst (especially since the frequent experimental processes to 'Improve' his physiology with which his sometime colleagues have repaid his efforts on their behalf have left a record of mixed successes ethced into his mind and body).

Mr. Pity: Once an understudy to the original Murder-Master, this towering human fiend weeps black tears as he goes about ruining happiness wherever he finds it.
It frequently astonishes people to learn that The PROPHET OF MURDER failed to appoint Mr Pity to the role of Murder-Master (instead of his old colleague), despite the fact that he was more zealously invested in the remarkable blend of cruel mercy, misanthropy and the occult that The Prophet had made into a horrible kind of cult is due to the fact that Mister Pity does not actually LIKE killing.

While his history remains as much a question with multiple choice answers as that of any sensible super-villain looking to keep one step ahead of The Law, it seems highly likely Mr Pity was once a member of staff at a hospital that found itself suffering unfortunate circumstances and failed to ensure that it's patients did not suffer accordingly - at which point the individual soon to be known as Mr Pity took steps to ensure they would not suffer any further. Unsurprisingly identified as a promising prospect by The PROPHET OF MURDER, he accepted that mad monk's teachings whole-heartedly, but rather found himself tripping over the fine line between mercy killing and murder in practice.

To counter-act this difficulty (his horrible faith, which he still maintains with religious zeal, DEMANDS murder in the same way that Ancient Judaism commanded whole burnt offerings be rendered unto The God of Abraham at The Temple), Mr Pity has taken pains to seek out and cause (he would say 'uncover') Misery, so that all his murders can be justified as Mercy Killings - taking particular care to focus on The Supernatural, the better to be one step removed from conventional authorities at all times.

To say that curious history has left him with the appearance and habits of the host from some Horror Anthology of the Golden Age leaves out a good deal better left unsaid. Along with Wither-Witch (with whom he maintains an almost grotesquely charming will-they won't-they) he is one of those upon whom The Diabolic Dozen call in for those jobs no self-respecting super-villain can tackle without becoming a Thing of Horror in their own eyes.

Dr. Olmsted Oculus: Forever trapped in the body of a ten year old boy, this bitter genius plies his brilliant lightwave-based weapons against the forces of good.
Doomed to maintain the physique of an unattractive ten-year-old and by some curious quirk of genetics effectively BORN old, Doctor Olmsted Oculus was little more than a teenager when he began his career not long after the end of The Great War, but compensated for his puny physique with an unsurprising bitterness, shocking energy and a genius more than the fair share of his entire birth-nation - he proceeded to give even the pro to-Protectors of the Nexus a demanding workout and promised to do even worse by the time he reached his majority unless and until some do-gooder put him down.

Instead he FINALLY discovered somewhere he fit in - the super-villain community and the rest was history; unlike The Professor (whom he once regarded with ENVY for his physique, RELATIVELY handsome looks and youth - he still celebrates the anniversary of the day he uncovered the fact that he could stop, thanks to The Professor's new-found affliction), Doctor Olmsted Wormwood Oculus LOVES superheroes in general, because without them he'd just be a distinctively anti-social oddball instead of a super-villain (not to mention a lot more lonely).

On the other hand he HATES Captain Adventure SO MUCH that he just can't stop being a super-villain even after making his fortune through nefarious means (brought to an unusually successful end with the help of The Diabolical Dozen - which he insists on regarding as 'His' despite everything - and the unintentional assistance of The War of the Masks) and his marriage to a sprightly heiress all of twenty years his junior (they've somehow raised twin girls and a boy - don't ask me where they produced them from because I don't even want to go there!); he's currently making his living as a would-be eminence gris behind the scenes of his dearly-beloved's family company (she's CEO, but he manages to persuade her to go along with SOME of wicked schemes) and working out his frustrations on poor old Captain Adventure, as ever.

WHY does he hate Captain Adventure SO MUCH? (mostly because the latter keeps sticking a spanner into the works of his best plans in such a GRUDGING manner - doesn't he know what he was put on this Earth to do?).

Prof. Aztec Eternico: A burly rudo (masked wrestling villain) who is the reincarnation of an infamous Aztec priest of the Jaguar God. He blends physical prowess with magic derived from long-lost rituals.
A notorious sportsman and part-time villain (let's just say that he has always been reluctant to employ those measures required to bump him to SUPER because they have a messy, messy cost - but has paid that price when he thought it justified by the ends he strove towards) who took up with the Diabolical Dozen because they could help him win the renown he craved without requiring that he regularly kill his man after defeating him in single combat by RIPPING HIS HEART OUT.

To be honest his hunger for excitement and fame has faded a great deal over the years and with good reason; he'll still pay what he owes to his colleagues (not least because they'll carve the pound of flesh he owes them out of his hide if he doesn't, not necessarily metaphorically), but on the whole he's pretty happy working as a professor of Folklore and Mythology at a fairly respectable academic institution.

He STILL wears The Mask everywhere he goes though.

Krampus: Son of the Norse Goddess Hel, the Anti-Santa Claus is determined to make the Christmas tradition once again embody dread as well as jubilation.
Unfortunately this particular spawn of Hel and a FANTASTICALLY adventurous satyr - it's a long-story and one not to be posted in any forum that elects to be All-Ages friendly - has been doing a masterly job of making Christmas more silent than Holy on E-38 (with help from Mr Pity of the Mr Teatime variety); that's another lengthy tale and equally unfriendly to family, but to cut a long tragedy short on E-38 - as I may have alluded to earlier - the power of Father Christmas is gift (which can only be given, not taken), but assuming the position requires immense self-sacrifice.

In short Father Christmas is able to wield such immense power over the Twelve Days and achieve all that he needs to on Christmas Eve because he has agreed to give up the remaining years of his life to make this possible; like the Ghost of Christmas Present he exists only for this short period before moving onward. Is all this worth it? Well to use only the most famous example, for Christmas 1914 Father Christmas helped give an entire battlefront a day of peace and much evil was averted as a result, however briefly.

All this made the business of Krampus and his allies just a BIT difficult - even if you somehow manage to BEAT Father Christmas (AND the allies his benevolence may have attracted, Seal-Breaker Steve prominent amongst them) you can only kill the man, not his power and more to the point when I said that power could not be taken I MEAN it. In the end the Diabolical Dozen - or at least those members involved - only managed to remove Father Christmas from the equation by persuading the incumbent that he would HAVE to hold on to the power so that he could defeat the threat that had so nearly turned Christmas into a thing of horror (an old soldier, he refused to quit the field and took ... measures to cling on).

As it turned out (and only after a sequence of defeats, each more cinematic than the last), they beat Father Christmas by turning him - for just long enough - into something he should never be, a Warlord more concerned with defeating his enemies than his Duty as a servant to the Prince of Peace, burning power meant to spread Joy in the service of his own Pride, dwindling the Spirit of Christmas to a mere spark of hope that left him forever as he burned out, ignored by his triumphant enemies.

Krampus has been running rampant every Christmas since 1991 (and not always alone), a self-centred spirit of greed and horror looking to inflict punishment upon the Wicked (sometimes just the 'wicked') and snatch bad little children away to Hel (his mother stays lonely a lot of the time otherwise - Krampus HATES that, but can't bring himself to stay Home when Earth is there to be taken advantage of).

He also works with The Diabolical Dozen whenever summoned (usually when they require a winter warfare expert or someone to be torn into pieces or simple berserk fury).

Lilliputia: Diminutive super-scientist from a micro-world dominated by Amazonian women, she once used a shrinking ray to reduce the world's male population to tiny size.
Determined that her people will Conquer ALL the Worlds, she was in the end obliged to admit that this would be a lot easier if the rest of Creation were the same size as themselves - given that Lilliputia sees her own people as being the perfect measure of scale, this means there's going to be a whole lot of shrinking involved.

Given that the rest of Creation fails to agree for strange reasons she can never really be bothered to pay attention to, it's good thing for this particular Micro-Myrmidon that (a) she's a trained amazon and (b) she can call on the powers of The Diabolical Dozen when they can be persuaded to answer her.

Somewhat amusingly she and Doctor Olmsted Wormwood Oculus used to have a thing going, but they split up based on the mutual incompatibility of her flawless self and Oculus' neuroses regarding his own physical imperfections - also she found his impressive collection of wigs just a TOUCH extensive.

The Eternal Empress: The deposed tyrant of a parallel world with odd temporal laws, the Empress commanded potent time-based magic in her prime; trapped on Earth-1938, she eventually had to resort to purloined mystic objects and brutish hirelings. Grandmother of Miss Trix.
A tyrant who hooked up with the Diabolical Dozen once she realised that certain members of that fellowship evidenced an antipathy towards those sanctimonious usurpers The Adventure Family AND because Krampus offered her a chance to settle scores with the accursed patriarch whom they had set in her place (when you have a fantasy imperium cursed to NEED a figurehead, benevolent or otherwise, who else would you trust but Father Christmas?); to say that her membership proved an asset with gradually diminishing returns is putting things rather mildly, as her grandiloquence turned to madness after repeated defeats and her powers declined as their wellsprings in the Neverwhen Kingdom were denied to her.

A history of villainy will see you locked up - ranting about the Evils of Father Christmas will ensure that it's the door to an asylum cell that slams in your face; you will be less than charmed to hear that The Deceiver earned her sobriquet thanks to the fear of that figure in which her mother had raised her - that much she DID remember.

As for who sired Empress Everytime's daughter well, she wasn't a lecher but she kept her secrets (except for a fondness for strapping figures - her enmity with Adventure Lass began when The Empress pretty much kidnapped the entire male superhero-and-villain population,then started sizing them up like a piece of meat on the marriage market); at present The Eternal Aztec must be the leading candidate, but more because he's the only member of The Diabolical Dozen known to meet with her at present (although that may simply be because he's the only one with an entirely-secret identity; Mr Pity and at least one other member - probably Penelope - still keep in contact with her, ironically enough the former keeps sending her christmas cards).

How were The Deceiver and Ms. Trix tracked down? Well Krampus kept taking an interest in the daughter and grand-daughter of his old ally; Dakki simply beat him to the latter by virtue of not scaring her senseless.

The Wither-Witch: An atomic-age mutant who feigns the dark arts, the Wither-Witch is a schemer, blackmailer, and extortionist who once used her power to steal vitality and beauty to bring Hollywood to its' knees.
At an early age The Wither-Witch wanted to be a sunday school-teacher; possessed of a precocious sense of rectitude and not entirely friendless in her little farming community, she might well have achieved the position and possibly even enjoyed it had her powers not manifested over the course of a single, terrible year - powers that the lady herself suspected lay at the heart of historic witch-hunts; the idea that a single woman could wither fields and leave families to starve in a fit of pique or at their own will.

Whether this deduction was correct or not, the woman who would become The Wither-Witch was cast out of her home and cut off from any prospect of the future she had absent-mindedly spun for herself she resolved to make a new one that would take into account her newfound powers and the curse that went with them - motivated by the towering sense of injustice her fate had thrust upon her and by an unspoken envy, The Wither-Witch would make her career targeting those wicked enough to flaunt their beauty in spite of the sufferings of others and in their face.

Unfortunately she has come to enjoy doing just that; still worse, after a series of brushes with the likes of Doctor Zodiac, she came into contact with The Diabolical Dozen and became party to their pact - if only to save her own skin. At present Wither-Witch makes a fine living as a hexer wherever she cares to pitch her camp (and looks only slightly less like the host of a Horror Anthology comic than Mr Pity).

Penelope Peril: Deriving her powers from five iconic figures of a mystic Tarot deck (PERIL!), Penelope Peril is the self-sworn defender of real humankind, determined to expose Adventure Lass as a "foul extraterrestrial monster"-which of course, no one on Earth-38 believes.
Not least because they are QUITE aware that Adventure Lass is both an Alien AND a Superhero for although it must be said that they've never seen her REAL form, they've certainly been given ample evidence of her genuine philanthropy - not altruism, that quality doesn't really apply to that lady's attitude to heroism, which rather explains her continued clashes with Penelope Peril.

Penelope, you see, is blindly idealistic (some would say BLINDINGLY); except for that blessedly brief period when she went by the name Penny Dreadful and failed resoundingly to live up to the name, she has never sworn, stolen or committed even a single crime (beyond common assault and slander directed towards Adventure Lass) - well, except when she does favours for The Diabolical Dozen (usually in the course of some scheme intended to discredit or disable Adventure Lass).

Unsurprisingly Penelope Peril is best described as an associate of The Diabolical Dozen, rather than a fully paid-up member, but they love her anyway because when it comes to those offering an opportunity to deal with her nemesis for good and all, Penelope Peril has a blind spot the size of Jupiter's Great Red.

She also tends to assume that those offering support for Adventure Lass is either hoodwinked or mind-controlled and WILL treat them accordingly, Heaven help them.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:52 am

Guys, this is how you properly handle a Jerkass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDaf-kILl2k

Anyone you can think of in AoW who deserves this? :twisted:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:56 am

It's a long list Voltron, long enough to run around E-92 and The Octagon and the Titans and a great many others besides; some of them might even wear white hats, much as we love them.

Charles, excellent work on The Esoterics! :D

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:56 am

Also, something you can find on display among on the Ape-Men of Earth-1938's Hollow Earth.

The dissected corpse of Dr. Joseph Mengele. :twisted:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:58 am

I'm honestly surprised there was enough of him left to dissect by the time he got to Ape-Prime!