Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Locked
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Voltron64 wrote:So the Descent Fragment's also called the Scepter, huh?

Any other artifacts we might be familiar with that could actually be one of The End's little gadgets?
The Sword of the Archons, mentioned earlier, is also one. The sword, which inspired Caliburn legends across time and space, results in large number of heroes gathering together and then immediately falling prey to infighting over STUPID causes. The destruction of the legendary space-knighthood was just the latest in a series of such disasters.

The Robe owned by Red Riding Hood is one of the artifacts attributed to the Titans and we know what that did to her.

The Tome belongs to Mister Arcane, presently, and was passed from the Celestial Conductor to him as the ultimate book of magic. Curiously, both he and his mentor are capable of reading the book without being corrupted but it was one of the spells within that created Mister Carnae. Mister Carnae would NOT be pleased to discover his ENTIRE EXISTENCE was a Xanatos Gambit by the End to free himself.
It should be noted Mister Carnae's oddball behavior is partially influenced by the Tome's influence, including his habit of hitting on everything with double-X chromosomes.
The Tool of the Repairman is one as well. The Repairman's obvious insanity is a side-effect of the tool but the fact the Tool draws people to horrific doom and horrors is actually a SELLING POINT for the Outrageous Order as it's the reason they've been able to do so much good. The End is interested in recovering it as a result.

The Sarcophagus, Crown, and Knife were guarded by the Celestial Lions amongst other relics they were charged with destroying. However, the Pax Concordians eventually started using these devices to protect themselves against various threats against certain members advice. The horrific evil of the race is thus, partially, not their fault.

Earth-92 is also home to a dozen or more of the artifacts. The Chalice, specifically, is a key component in the Great Rites that create their superhumans.

The Sanctity and their Monoliths are influenced heavily by these relics as well. They possessed several, including, The Heart and the Eye. Many have since been taken by the Usual Suspects. It should be noted the Monoliths are different End-developed pieces of technology. They're less powerful and more destructible, though have done massive damage across creation.
And why I do imagine that incident in Penelope's past to be equal parts Journey to the West as it is the other one?
Now you have me intrigued.
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2668
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:33 pm

The End's creations are pretty much STCs for the Titans and their worshipers, aren't they?
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Voltron64 wrote:The End's creations are pretty much STCs for the Titans and their worshipers, aren't they?
STCs?

Updated a bit more.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2668
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
Voltron64 wrote:The End's creations are pretty much STCs for the Titans and their worshipers, aren't they?
STCs?

Updated a bit more.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Standar ... oQQEY06zRx
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Not a bad statement.

Of course, it helps the Titans and End have different goals but are merrily happy to use the others toys to wreck people's lives.

:mrgreen:

Edit:

Want me to blow your mind? Every Nexus hero can develop their powers to the point they become Aeons.

The End gave the original artifacts to the Titans to help manifest their powers and they became, well, the Titans.

Now a new crop of superheroes have emerged with these artifacts.

:twisted:

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Phrozen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:11 pm

I would think that The Knife is the knife that is sticking in Hishep-Ratep's back and preventing him from reincorporating in his full power.

its the ultimate ace in the hole being able to cut through any defense and locking away the powers of it victims inside itself.

Yes, that means it can kill The End too.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Phrozen wrote:I would think that The Knife is the knife that is sticking in Hishep-Ratep's back and preventing him from reincorporating in his full power.

its the ultimate ace in the hole being able to cut through any defense and locking away the powers of it victims inside itself.

Yes, that means it can kill The End too.
I'd also make the hilarious claim that because the artifacts are empowered by the End's consciousness, the only reason the End doesn't know this is because it embodies the one area of his mind he never pays much attention to--his conscience.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2668
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Not a bad statement.

Of course, it helps the Titans and End have different goals but are merrily happy to use the others toys to wreck people's lives.

:mrgreen:

Edit:

Want me to blow your mind? Every Nexus hero can develop their powers to the point they become Aeons.

The End gave the original artifacts to the Titans to help manifest their powers and they became, well, the Titans.

Now a new crop of superheroes have emerged with these artifacts.

:twisted:
I thought the Titans created the Aeons first? Or were those devices created later on in the whole Primal War thingy?
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Voltron64 wrote: I thought the Titans created the Aeons first? Or were those devices created later on in the whole Primal War thingy?
Well I'm paraphrasing. Something very similar to the Aeons became the Titans and Nexus can become both as we've already established.

I'm just mostly saying that Red Riding Hood may soon replace one of the big boys.

:shock:

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2668
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Charles, you know what I'm seeing lately is that there's surprisingly larger amount of worlds with super-humans than previously thought.

Obviously, it means One is way too overconfident about his scheme to suppress Nexi.

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Voltron64 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Voltron64 wrote:Charles, you know what I'm seeing lately is a surprisingly larger amount of worlds with super-humans than I previously though.

Obviously, that means One is way too overconfident about his scheme to suppress Nexi.

:mrgreen:
No, it's actually much worse.

The hole in the dam has sprung and what was once isolated and contained is spreading.

(60,000 worlds were hit by the equivalent of a Nexus spike due to the KIS and Stevie busting his magical control resevoir)

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2668
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
Voltron64 wrote:Charles, you know what I'm seeing lately is a surprisingly larger amount of worlds with super-humans than I previously though.

Obviously, that means One is way too overconfident about his scheme to suppress Nexi.

:mrgreen:
No, it's actually much worse.

The hole in the dam has sprung and what was once isolated and contained is spreading.

(60,000 worlds were hit by the equivalent of a Nexus spike due to the KIS and Stevie busting his magical control reservoir)
A mixed blessing if there ever was one.
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:13 pm


Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2668
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Voltron64 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:59 am

Quick question about the tangled web of crime in LA, would getting one of The Order, Centurions or other top-ranking heroes involved be considered going nuclear?

Because I highly doubt for example, corrupt agent Robert Hayes or the PHOBOS-disguised-as-CIA division could honestly even try any crap on Mr. King, Mr. Arcane, Bluejay and even SPD0. Because those guys would eat the former for breakfast.

:twisted:
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:04 am

Voltron64 wrote:Quick question about the tangled web of crime in LA, would getting one of The Order, Centurions or other top-ranking heroes involved be considered going nuclear?

Because I highly doubt for example, corrupt agent Robert Hayes or the PHOBOS-disguised-as-CIA division could honestly even try any crap on Mr. King, Mr. Arcane, Bluejay and even SPD0. Because those guys would eat the former for breakfast.

:twisted:
It's best think of it as a garden of weeds. The various heroes get involved in LA's darker side all the time and they usually end up making things bloody, messy, and short. It's just that leads to other people stepping up to fill the void.

It's not that progress isn't being made, don't get it wrong, it's just progress to fix LA is slow.

It's a magnet for evil, glamour, beauty, and greed all in one.

(in other words, having those guys completely killed to the man is NORMAL for Earth-0. :twisted: )

Locked