The Combined DCU-Marvel Universe thread

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Ares
Hero
Hero

Re: The Combined DCU-Marvel Universe thread

Post by Ares » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:44 pm

I think I might have over Captain Marveled the thread, which is good because I'm not sure what else I could add beyond more "Captain Marvel and the Rest of the Universe" posts.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Ares wrote:I think I might have over Captain Marveled the thread, which is good because I'm not sure what else I could add beyond more "Captain Marvel and the Rest of the Universe" posts.
You can never have too much Captain Marvel. :D

Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:51 pm

MightyDavidson wrote:
Ares wrote:I think I might have over Captain Marveled the thread, which is good because I'm not sure what else I could add beyond more "Captain Marvel and the Rest of the Universe" posts.
You can never have too much Captain Marvel. :D
I know that, you know that, but I'm not sure about the other people I might have chased off of this thread. :mrgreen:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Don't worry too much Ares - it's been a goodly while since the DCU/MU thread has had this much traffic, so please don't worry so about decreasing visitors when you've increased their numbers. :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Y'know, I've started to wonder where some of Marvel's former licensed properties exist in this particular universe. I mean I don't care about lame stuff like US-1, I'm talking about stuff like GI Joe, Transformers and ROM.

I mean I realise that this is probably stepping on Crinos' toes ever so slightly but GI Joe as part of SHIELD, doing missions led by Colonel Fury, the original GI Joe fighting alongside Captain America in WW2, the Autobots and Nova's Guardians of the Galaxy teaming up to battle Decepticons and Dire Wraiths? How is any of that not awesome?

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:03 am

Folks, let me just say that the following song would be a perfect theme for Doctor Doom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV26zIE0130

:twisted:
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Hmm... I am thinking about taking on Captain Atom and/or Public Enemies.
Impeach the peach!

Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:41 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:Hmm... I am thinking about taking on Captain Atom and/or Public Enemies.
So long as it's more like the animated movie and doesn't have heroes like Captain Marvel and Hawkman being government stooges, I'd say go for it. It couldn't be any dumber than what Leob did.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Personally, I don't believe it possible to over Red Cheese anything... but then, I must have a good dozen Marvel variants in my settings.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Bladewind wrote:
Personally, I don't believe it possible to over Red Cheese anything... but then, I must have a good dozen Marvel variants in my settings.
Heh, awesome. Though if we don't see some more traffic in here I might have to do more "Captain Marvel and the Rest of the Universe" posts. :mrgreen:

yellowmartian
Bystander
Bystander

Post by yellowmartian » Mon May 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Where does Marvelman/Miracleman fit in to this setting if he does fit in at all and the Marvelman/Miracleman family like young marvelman, and kid marvelman.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Mon May 14, 2012 8:02 pm

The Marvelman/Miracleman characters aren't really part of the Marvel Universe proper, so they wouldn't be included here, especially since they were basically just stand ins for the Marvel Family that got Watchmened.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Here's a fun fact: In this universe, Doctor Strange beat Lady Shiva in hand-to-hand combat.

(Albiet he had cast a spell that augmented his reflexes and reaction speed to superhuman levels beforehand.) :mrgreen:

Also, Slade Wilson, David Cain, Frank Castle, Forge, and Richard Dragon all served in the same unit together in Vietnam. Before you ask, it was one of those Task Force X/Suicide Squad/Losers kind of deal.

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Here's something about mutants that I found interesting.
I’m starting to think the X-Men have become stand-ins for people with poor social skills. Instead of being the oppressed minority of the moment, they are now troubled teenagers that might or might not have a genuine mental illness.
Note this was a comment about the AvX event. Thoughts?

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:28 pm

None that occur to me at this point; it does make a fair degree of sense, although I'd say it makes sense to combine the two themes in any X-Men series one wishes to write (if nothing else, one might at least examine the aftermath of prejudice, what happens after the point where a minority finds acceptance amongst the mainstream, however grudging - although that's more of a hook for the older generation of X-men than anything).

I might actually have the seed of an article within me, specifically one concerning the much-misinterpreted Killer Croc, but we'll have to wait and see if it germinates or not.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.