Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The Mightyverse!

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Re: The Mightyverse!

Postby Libra » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Please don't worry about slackening off from time-to-time: We all do so, after all. :mrgreen:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MightyDavidson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 pm

So I have to decide what Otherworld in the Mightyverse is like, finally get around to posting that stuff on Bedlam City that I promised WAY back when I started this little project, type out the ideas I have percolating in my noggin for the Vampire Nation and Bloodwing, cover the odd little town of San Nubes, give information on the Davidson family and decide wether or not Golarion is canon for The Mightyverse since I'm VERY into Pathfinder now.

So much to do, so little focus! :lol:
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby greycrusader » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 pm

I'd love to see any of your ideas that you find time to post, Mighty Davidson!

BTW: No shame in not finding the time. I've got ideas for a few tabloid newspaper style adventures with a couple of my HED characters, but this week I need to get back on track on a paid adventure for another game system, as well as finishing up a couple DC Atlas characters.

Then I also need to focus on my real life too, quite frankly. Since a rather startling brush with my own mortality, I'm re-committing to making a job/career change.

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...
greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby MightyDavidson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 pm

San Nubes

A small town in California, it's population is only a few thousand people at most, San Nubes at first glance appears to be not unlike any other small town in California. Even with it's close proximity to Los Dios and the weirdness that entails, San Nubes' fist impression is one of normalcy. Then you see it's geothermal power plant, which powers most of the west coast and you start to realise that everything is not as it seems. For example, despite being a town in Southern California San Nubes always has a white Christmas regardless of the weather conditions in the rest of the state. In fact, it can be sunny and warm a few miles away in Los Dios but at Christmas time, San Nubes will have snow.

This is only the beginning of the weirdness however as any resident of San Nubes can tell you as the town has a history of local villainy ranging from the determined but incompetent feline mad scientist Dr. Calico, to the mysterious machinations of the sorceress sorority known as the Sisterhood. The only thing standing between these miscreants and whatever goals they might have at any given time are San Nubes' staunch defenders, a legacy of heroines named Comet Kid.

Comet, and her on again off again boyfriend Kid Mystic, have their work cut out for them however because odd occurances are strangely normal in San Nubes. Not only does the college have a sorceress sorority but the high school has been known to turn out villains as well, in fact the field hockey team for one of San Nubes' high schools has recently gained superpowers and become the supervillain team known as Dangerous Play. On top of that San Nubes has a large population of what appears to be half demons, nicknamed Incuboys by Comet, living within it. They actually dominate one neighborhood, which Comet has dubbed the "Dark and Spooky Side of Town."

As of yet, San Nubes' heroes have been equal to the task of protecting their town from the forces of evil though, perhaps inevitably, San Nubes has started drawing attention from more powerful villains. Comet Kid has already faced off against elements of the International Crime Cartel for example and both Count Malochio and Dr. Zodiac have tried to steal Comet's magic goggles and Kid Mystic's magic staff in the past. Perhaps most troubling of all however, are rumours of Medea of the Crime League taking an interest in the Sisterhood, allegedly seeking to train them as her apprentices.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 pm

greycrusader wrote:I'd love to see any of your ideas that you find time to post, Mighty Davidson!

BTW: No shame in not finding the time. I've got ideas for a few tabloid newspaper style adventures with a couple of my HED characters, but this week I need to get back on track on a paid adventure for another game system, as well as finishing up a couple DC Atlas characters.

Then I also need to focus on my real life too, quite frankly. Since a rather startling brush with my own mortality, I'm re-committing to making a job/career change.

All my best.

Thanks for the kind words Grey Crusader. As you can see I've posted some information about San Nubes California. I hope you, and everybody else paying attention to the Mightyverse, finds it interesting.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm

So I had an idea that I'd like to run by everybody. As you all know, in Los Dios there is a reality show superteam known as the Elite who are trying to make superheroes look bad as part of a plan by Deathmask III through Spartacorps. Now I do plan to cover them eventually in the Mightyverse but my idea only tangenitally involves them.

You see, I was thinking that there are at least two corporations, namely Raven Industries and Steele Unlimited, that are run by superheroes themselves. It occured to me that one of them, or some other heroically inclined media mogul with lots of cash to throw around, might create their own reality show superteam to be a positive image for superheroes, an anti-Elite if you will. I have some tentative ideas for it but I was wondering if anybody else thought it was a good idea.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Charles Phipps » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Interesting.

:mrgreen:
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Interesting.

:mrgreen:

Glad you think so Charles. I'm currently deciding who the members of that team might be and why they particularly were chosen. Aside from the previously mentioned idea about provided a positive image of metahumans and, of course, making lots of cash. XD

I'm thinking the core team will be comprised of four siblings, two boy and two girls, and a handler of some sort. The siblings would be in their teens, or at least look it, to appeal to those demographics. The handler of course would be an adult.

Does HED have a suitable fellow to be the media mogul Charles? Otherwise I'm quite happy to think him up too.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 pm

An important thing to remember in the Mightyverse is that, while the two don't often cross paths all that much, the DC Universe is it's own dimension within the varied realms that make up the Multiverse. While this doesn't come up in to many obvious ways, at least to the man on the street in either universe, it does have certain effects.

For starters it does make the Inferno a very hard to control place. The reason Mr. Infamy and Mr. Hoppy don't pop up more often to cause trouble (not that anybody WANTS them too) is because they have to keep an eye on Inferno to ensure that Neron, Etrigan, Blaze, Satanus and others don't try to take over the place while they're busy. Being top Lord of Nightmare takes a LOT of work and one has to be always on guard to keep oneself from being stabbed in the back.

Also Darkseid and the New Gods would be counted as Entropic Masters and Cosmic Eternals respectively but they're unlikely to use those terms. Of course most other mythological types don't refer to themselves that way either, so it's hardly surprising.

Finally, while heroes from both worlds have met each other from time to time there has yet to be a big crossover between the two of them. Given the sheer power this would bring to bear against an opponent, circumstances would have to be really dire before that would happen. An all out assault on the multiverse by the Crusade of Darkness after gathering lots of powerful magic items, for example.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention earlier. The DCU being it's own dimension in the Mightyverse, though not identical to the DCU prior to Flashpoint and likely closer to the DCAU in flavour, has also effected the plots of more then one Entropic Master. For example, Quasimodo has tried more then once to bring the premier mad scientists of both worlds under his control so that he can use their brilliance to further the cause of the Crusade of Darkness. Fortunately for both universes, the ego of mad scientists generally makes that goal next to impossible, especially in the DCU where mad scientists are a group that includes folks like Lex Luthor.

Quasimodo is particularly shocked that Dr. Sivana turned him down. He was certain that a person who identified himself as the World's Wickedest Scientist would jump at the chance to work with a bonafide creature of evil like himself. The Horrible Hunchback was rather annoyed too, as he'd rather been looking forward to working with Sivana.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Libra » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Hmmm ... an intriguing prospect Mighty Davidson! (Although I confess that I won't be trying to come up with a Think Tank-exclusive take to a pure DC Universe BECAUSE A MAN HAS TO SLEEP and I already have far too many neglected brain-children and projects - potential and actual - on my conscience to consider adding one more). :wink:

I am mightily tempted though.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MightyDavidson » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:09 pm

I am mightily tempted myself Libra, DC Adventures is a wonderful product after all. Given that I'm procrastinating on this project already however, I think starting another would be a poor idea on my part. :lol:
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Libra » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Ah well, someday we'll just have to get around to FINISHING what we start - then we can start on some NEW projects we someday intend to finish. :wink:

(Perhaps JOINT projects at that - can't have Heroic Earth going quite so unchallenged as the finest project we both contribute to, eh?). :mrgreen:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MightyDavidson » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Libra wrote:Ah well, someday we'll just have to get around to FINISHING what we start - then we can start on some NEW projects we someday intend to finish. :wink:

(Perhaps JOINT projects at that - can't have Heroic Earth going quite so unchallenged as the finest project we both contribute to, eh?). :mrgreen:

Quite true Libra, quite true! :mrgreen:

I'm hoping that once I get my hands on the various Emerald City books, (I hope they're books anyway and not just PDFs) that Mr. Inspiration will come around and kick my arse into something resembling timely posting. :lol:
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Charles Phipps » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:07 am

Awesome idea with the DCU and interlocking dimensions.

That's a great idea!

:twisted:
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Settings